View Poll Results: Who is the better Pro Wrestler?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zack Sabre Jr

15 78.95%
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi

4 21.05%

Thread: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Zack Sabre Jr. Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Zack Sabre Jr. Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi

~~~ZACK SABRE JR~~~

~~~HIROSHI TANAHASHI~~~

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Zack Sabre Jr. Vs Hiroshi Tanahash

absolutely fuck this matchup

good enough to be a final match never mind a first rounder
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-17-2016 at 07:47 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Zack Sabre Jr. Vs Hiroshi Tanahash

Shake beat me to it...how is this just a first rounder?

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    absolutely fuck this matchup

good enough to be a final match never mind a first rounder
    Behave, Tanahashi's been coasting since the G1 Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Shake beat me to it...how is this just a first rounder?
    Not enough people voted Tanahashi into the top seeds so he was in danger of drawing someone very good.

The way I see it, Tanahashi was great for 1 month of this past year, and Sabre was great every month. Thought Tanahashi had one of his worst matches with Okada in January and this Omega stuff really isn't my bag.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I don't think it's fair to say Tanahashi's been coasting just because he's constantly booked against bad opponents or in bad situations. By that token you could say ZSJ coasted during the NOAH Jr. Tournament last year where most of his matches disappointed. Personally I think Tanahashi's one of the things right with NJPW and when it was crunchtime during the G1 last year he was clearly one of the standouts of the company. And even that Okada match which I agree was lackluster wasn't his fault, he himself put in a great performance imo.

Now, Zack is one of the world's best wrestlers for the reasons everyone knows and I'm voting for him, I just think Tanahashi's shockingly kind of underrated among a lot of fans compared to the "new school" of NJPW like Okada & Naito and I'd vote him over them easily. Hope it's not a complete blowout but Zack should win.
    How do I run? HOW CAN I MOVE ON?

We March To the Beat of Expiration~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Patreon coming soon!):

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

It's all preference and stuff. I can appreciate ZSJ and his style, he's a great wrestler. I just am not that much entertained by the guy unfortunately but I can recognise that he is some talent. He's consistent as fuck too

As far as Tanahashi goes, I thought that his match with Okada at WK10 was great on his part (less so on Okada's) and I also thought his match with Omega was, again, great on his part. I feel like saying he was great for just 1 month of the past 12 is a bit iffy but your opinion is your opinion obviously.

I can buy either guy winning, I think both are top wrestlers but i'm a bigger fan of Tanahashi and have been more entertained by him in the last year.

also, tongue in cheek here, but I can't vote for a guy who wears a union jack. sorry. FREEDOM!
    Last edited by RainShaker; 05-17-2016 at 08:30 PM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

This isn't that hard. Tanahashi deserves a lot for working in his condition, but doesn't touch the track record that ZSJ has had. ZSJ should at least get to the semis of this.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

Don't know who this Zack guy is. Voting for Tanahashi.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I know it's never going to stop but I'd like to reiterate how fucking tired I am of "I've never heard of A so I'm voting for B". Is it really that hard to just abstain from voting?

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2018~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I know it's never going to stop but I'd like to reiterate how fucking tired I am of "I've never heard of A so I'm voting for B". Is it really that hard to just abstain from voting?
    You think it would be easy to fight the urge of coming off as completely ignorant.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

What's the difference between abstaining and voting? The winner of this whole thing wins absolutely nothing. It's not like I'm ruining his career.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    What's the difference between abstaining and voting? The winner of this whole thing wins absolutely nothing. It's not like I'm ruining his career.
    By that logic, what's the point of Ed even taking the time to run this tournament?

On Vacation

Status

I don't know. It's up to him. Maybe because it's fun. But I'm speculating here. My whole point is that my vote or any other vote does not really matter at the end of the day. All of this is for fun, not for crowning the best wrestler literally.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

May as well not bother posting or voting if "nothing really matters".

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I don't know. It's up to him. Maybe because it's fun. But I'm speculating here. My whole point is that my vote or any other vote does not really matter at the end of the day. All of this is for fun, not for crowning the best wrestler literally.

If posters are only voting for wrestlers they know, you're basically telling Ed that all of his hard work for this is for nothing. He's wasting his time. All of that time spent setting up seeds and creating individual match-ups is pointless because the most well known wrestler is going to win. It literally takes less time to abstain from voting if you don't know both wrestlers than it takes to vote for the one you know and risk fucking up the tournament to make the winner by the one WC knows the most, not the wrestler WC feels is the best.

This is supposed to be a fun tournament ran by Ed to determine who WC believes is the best wrestler right now.

On Vacation

Status

I think you are making a pretty big deal out of one vote in a voting pole on message board. I don't think anyone should be upset about a little thing like that. But I'll abstain in the future if so many people are upset.

I think you are making a pretty big deal out of one vote in a voting pole on message board. I don't think anyone should be upset about a little thing like that. But I'll abstain in the future if so many people are upset.

This happens in every sort of tournament/poll/ballot and every year there's posters that speak up about not doing that. It may have only been one individual vote in this case, but damn, it's something that's been going on for ages. Furthermore, those of us that are voicing our opinions against your vote could end up convincing others to not follow your lead so that maybe the final result will be the wrestler who WC actually believes to be the best.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

You could also ask for recommendations of matches involving the people you don't know so that you can familiarize yourself with them and properly contribute to this thing.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

The Planet's Admin

Status

Ok two things, first Hashi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I don't think it's fair to say Tanahashi's been coasting just because he's constantly booked against bad opponents or in bad situations. By that token you could say ZSJ coasted during the NOAH Jr. Tournament last year where most of his matches disappointed. Personally I think Tanahashi's one of the things right with NJPW and when it was crunchtime during the G1 last year he was clearly one of the standouts of the company. And even that Okada match which I agree was lackluster wasn't his fault, he himself put in a great performance imo.

Now, Zack is one of the world's best wrestlers for the reasons everyone knows and I'm voting for him, I just think Tanahashi's shockingly kind of underrated among a lot of fans compared to the "new school" of NJPW like Okada & Naito and I'd vote him over them easily. Hope it's not a complete blowout but Zack should win.
    Alright yes I was probably being a little harsh on Tanahashi last night. Coasting was the wrong word to use in terms of certain matches like the WK10 main event where his performance was better than his opponents, but I'm thinking more of these lull points in his year where he rests his body wrestling Toru Yano or 6 man tags against The Elite. I think somewhere in tournaments like this when it comes to two good wrestlers, end product has to be looked at and there's just not the consistent body of work from Tanahashi to say he was better than Sabre Jr. last year, we could go months last year without seeing a good Tanahashi match.

On Tanahashi being underrated compared to Okada and Naito, possibly he's certainly not a name we're hearing too much praise about this year, but Okada and Naito didn't even qualify for this tournament, so on WC at least Tanahashi was considered to have the best year out of the trio.

Onto Prince's comments and the reaction against them. I don't run the tournament to try to come up with a definite answer to the question, oddly the winner is the least interesting part of the tournament to me because you usually have a strong guess who's winning before you start, it's more about the journey for me. I run the tournament because it creates about 50 new threads for us to talk about modern day wrestlers in more detail, it sparks debates, it can encourage people to look guys they aren't up to speed with, the site becomes more active and I'd say a least a dozen of us find the tournament fun. I could go way strict over this, take away the poll option and enforce a rule about providing a valid explanation for your vote, but that would kill some of the fun and make the tournament less accessible for some which I'm not a fan of doing. At this point, I don't think comments attacking the voting of 'I don't know this guy, so I'll vote this guy' even need to be posted now, because we can all see how silly that logic is, it doesn't need to be stated. Thankfully I think WC has got better in this regard and it's pleasing to see how many votes some deserving non-WWE talent have been getting.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I totally agree with Tanahashi not comparing to Zack in the past year and having lull points, I just don't think Tanahashi's skill when he's not booked against total goofs like Yano & Omega was getting sold a little short. I also think you can make the case Tanahashi's variety of styles and great matches he had in the G1 is a great check in his favor.

But yeah, ultimately Zack is going to go far in this I think.
    How do I run? HOW CAN I MOVE ON?

We March To the Beat of Expiration~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Patreon coming soon!):

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Thread Information