View Poll Results: Who is the better Pro Wrestler?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kevin Owens

24 92.31%
  • Drew Gulak

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Kevin Owens Vs Drew Gulak

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status
      Country                    England

WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Kevin Owens Vs Drew Gulak

~~~KEVIN OWENS~~~

~~~DREW GULAK~~~

Say My Name

Status

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Kevin Owens Vs Drew Gulak

I try to abstain if I haven't seen the other guy but over the last year Kevin Owens is my favourite wrestler in anything I watch. He is entertaining everytime I see him and it is a travesty he didn't get a match with Lesnar at Mania this year.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Eh, I still think people should abstain but let people do whatever they want I guess.

Gulak is a favorite of mine, and if this was last year's tournament I would have probably put Gulak over Owens without a second guess. But now Owens is the best heel in the WWE and seemingly steps it up every week. Nothing extremely mind blowing but the consistency is apparent.

Cop Gulak
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Cream In Your Coffee

Status

Owens is going to go quite far I think, my WWE Wrestler of the year. It's scary to think of how intolerable WWE TV would have been the last year without him.

The Master

Status
      Country                    Canada

KO has had one of the best years and he definitely gets my vote here. From what I've seen of Gulak he's good but KO is KO

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I try to abstain if I haven't seen the other guy but over the last year Kevin Owens is my favourite wrestler in anything I watch. He is entertaining everytime I see him and it is a travesty he didn't get a match with Lesnar at Mania this year.
    You gotta stop with the hyperbole if you want these words to mean something when they're actually fitting.

I'd buy Owens doing the job for Lesnar at another PPV, but not 'Mania, not when so many casuals and non-fans are watching. Ambrose was a more believable opponent for one of the biggest draws in wrestling or MMA and certified badass motherfucker Brock Lesnar. Look how fat Owens is and let it sink in that Lesnar is ripped and still out-weighs and stands over him. If Lesnar/Owens happened at 'Mania the best-for-business decision would be to have Lesnar kick the shit outta Owens for 10 minutes.

Status
      Country                    United States

Is it more believable that scrawny little Dean Ambrose was challenging Brock? I'm not sure I'm seeing your point.

Tapatalk That Talk

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

stressed but chillin

Status

Also, Owens being fat isn't a valid argument against him. He's a bad SOB either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

Don't know who Gulak is, but voting for him, because I can't stand Owens.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

I'll vote Owens, but Gulak deserves a big shout out for being one of the most versatile performers in this contest.

EVOLVE: leader of a mat based MMA style faction
    CZW: one half of a tag team with his brother in a deathmatch promotion
    CHIKARA: wrestles two different styles as two different characters in a family friendly promotion.

Not many guys in this tournament can change it up as well as Gulak can.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Is it more believable that scrawny little Dean Ambrose was challenging Brock? I'm not sure I'm seeing your point.

Tapatalk That Talk
    Yes, actually. For one he's taller than Owens and he looks more like it.

I wouldn't have booked either of them vs. Lesnar at 'Mania tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Negasonic Teenage Warhead View Post
    Also, Owens being fat isn't a valid argument against him. He's a bad SOB either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't call him fat for the fuck of it. On the indies Owens had a size advantage where it made sense that he tossed guys around. When he got to WWE that was no longer the case because there are guys like Lesnar on the roster who out-weigh Owens, because they're ripped instead of fat; same thing for Sheamus or Rusev. Maybe ROH and NXT had enough vanilla midgets for him to toss around but how is Owens supposed to hit the pop-up powerbomb on a guy that weighs as much or more than he does and is also in great shape? Another example would be Benjamin and Haas. By all means normal-looking during their WWE stint but when they hit the indies these guys were usually in bigger and better shape than the guys across the ring.

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Yes, actually. For one he's taller than Owens and he looks more like it.
    Looks more like what?

how is Owens supposed to hit the pop-up powerbomb on a guy that weighs as much or more than he does and is also in such great shape?
    Like this https://youtu.be/3yJE43SJLHo

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    Looks more like what?

Like this https://youtu.be/3yJE43SJLHo
    Looks like more of a fight.

And thank you.

Thank you for showing me the stupidest thing I expect to see today.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Looks like more of a fight.

And thank you.

Thank you for showing me the stupidest thing I expect to see today.
    It's the least he could do since you do it for us everyday.

Say My Name

Status

You really are determined to be different eh... You're sounding dangerously like Vince with your vanilla midgets and fat talk.

Brock vs. Owens is the most believable match they could do for Lesnar right now with the people they have on the roster. Owens has been a legit bad ass since debuting and would be more than a match for Brock. I'm not saying he has to win just that he is the most viable option to face him.

You wouldn't have had Ambrose or Kevin Owens face Brock at Mania? Who would you have booked then?
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I can buy both Ambrose or Owens against Lesnar easily. I've seen Lesnar get smashed by a guy he outweighed, stood over and was far more ripped than - and it was extremely easy for the other guy. I don't see why Owens or Ambrose couldn't do the same thing. Owens doesn't need to hit a pop up right away... he could spend the match wearing Lesnar down before hitting it.

also there's absolutely no need to result in insulting people or what they post.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Germany

You really are determined to be different eh... You're sounding dangerously like Vince with your vanilla midgets and fat talk.

Brock vs. Owens is the most believable match they could do for Lesnar right now with the people they have on the roster. Owens has been a legit bad ass since debuting and would be more than a match for Brock. I'm not saying he has to win just that he is the most viable option to face him.

You wouldn't have had Ambrose or Kevin Owens face Brock at Mania? Who would you have booked then?
    A legit badass does not use high flying moves. A legit badass does not talk about how much he loves his son and family. He is everything, but a legit badass.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    It's the least he could do since you do it for us everyday.
    1. No Spamming - Just posing images, bumping old threads (Over a month old), not providing reasons for opinions, nonsense or going off-topic. Basically, if your reply isn't geared towards the topic and adds something to the discussion, it's most likely spam.

2. No Flaming - Personal attacks on another poster that serves no purpose in the topic. This would also include using derogatory race, sexuality or religion terms. In other words, keep your homophobic or racism terms to yourself.

3. No Flamebaiting - An attempt to draw a flame out of another poster. (IE. Dismissing someone's opinion because of their avatar).

I'm not determined to be different, I didn't sign up or log in every time with the purpose of being a contrarian. Years ago my opinions would've resonated with you, that was before someone who knew more about this than I could hope to learn took me aside and changed my viewpoint. I was under the impression this was a wrestling forum where people could post their thoughts and not have it devolve into some high school flashback because someone's booty is bothered.

NXT, ROH and the indies have identifiable vanilla midgets, actual vanilla midgets like Balor that Owens could believably toss around. And I already explained the fat thing so let me tl;dr it for you: his size gave him a kayfabe advantage on the indies but now he's on the WWE main roster and there are guys who are his weight or out-weigh him, are taller, and are stronger because they're ripped instead of being fat. I'm not shitting on him being fat, I'm stating that the perceived advantage throwing his mass around gave him earlier is null when he's across the ring from Lesnar, the Dudleys, or Ryback.

If Owens is "more-than-a-match for Brock" that means he'd go over. I didn't shit on Owens, I said that he's not a good choice for a 'Mania opponent for Lesnar. And who would I have had Lesnar face at 'Mania? Reigns. We never got a one-on-one between the two and when I look at Reigns I believe that he's legit because he is. He reacts in legitimate ways when he wrestles, like covering up which sounds basic but is easily over-looked by a guy playing a fighter on screen who hasn't been in a real fight since elementary. If Lesnar and Reigns stood across the ring from each-other, I could believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I can buy both Ambrose or Owens against Lesnar easily. I've seen Lesnar get smashed by a guy he outweighed, stood over and was far more ripped than - and it was extremely easy for the other guy. I don't see why Owens or Ambrose couldn't do the same thing. Owens doesn't need to hit a pop up right away... he could spend the match wearing Lesnar down before hitting it.

also there's absolutely no need to result in insulting people or what they post.
    Are we thinking Cain Velasquez? Any guy that wins a fight in the UFC, especially against Lesnar, has legit credentials to back it up. Most wrestlers don't in this day. You can believe in Lesnar, Reigns, Barrett, the Steiners or Nash because they made a living out of physical altercations.

And how am I supposed to believe it when Owens launches Lesnar up for the pop-up, that a guy who look like he can't do a pull-up is doing that to one of the poster boys of bad motherfuckers? I actually do want to see Lesnar/Owens happen on PPV and for Owens to look good, just not at 'Mania. And they should work around the pop-up and if it comes to it, use assistance from the turnbuckle or somewhere else.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah, not sure I'd call Owens a legit badass. He seems more like a bully to me, although he's excellent at playing that character.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Robin Williams Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Say My Name

Status

He is willing to do anything in the ring whatever it takes to make money for his family and doesn't care what people think of him along the way = bad ass
    BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Thread Information