View Poll Results: Who is the better Pro Wrestler?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Jordan

11 52.38%
  • Hirooki Goto

10 47.62%

Thread: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Jason Jordan Vs Hirooki Goto

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Jason Jordan Vs Hirooki Goto

~~~JASON JORDAN~~~

~~~HIROOKI GOTO~~~

On Vacation

Status

Re: WC's Best Wrestler Tournament 2016 1st Round - Jason Jordan Vs Hirooki Goto

Better wrestler or better worker?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Goto. New Japan continue to fuck botch how to book this guy and he's been involved in really dull angles over the past year but he's still a reliable guy to send out there. Jordan's improving and has the best hot tag in the business, but a hot tag's not enough to convince me to put him over Goto.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

Jordan really stepped up last year, I didn't see much of a future for him and lumped him into the Angelo Dawkins of the NXT roster who'll would be lost in the shuffle after every indy signing and be released without making a splash on NXT. Then his chance came with Gable and they gelled magnificently and as Nicky said he's got a hell of a hot tag on him.

Goto has been horribly booked for the entire time period we're looking at. Was never given the chance to see what he could do as Intercontinental Champion as he quickly dropped back to Nakamura, was in a nothing match at Wrestle Kingdom, that bizarre attire at New Beginning, joining Chaos, losing to EVIL. It's been an awful time but he's had better matches than Jordan in spite of the booking.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Better wrestler or better worker?
    I'll go back and forth wondering myself on a few of these. Thankfully in this case Goto's easily both. Sadly being one of the worst booked wrestlers alive hurts him. Jordan's a good fit in his role but I'm not convinced he's much beyond that yet.

WAKE UP

Status

wrestler = worker

not sure where the confusion there is

voted Jordan. He's an impressive youngster who ticks a lot of boxes. Goto's always been a wildly inconsistant but largely mediocre Japenese heavyweight main event stereotype.

On Vacation

Status

I know that pain, Zero. When I started watching New Japan I thought he was gonna be something but 7 years later and he's still getting the rugged pulled out from his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    wrestler = worker

voted Jordan. He's an impressive youngster who ticks a lot of boxes. Goto's always been a wildly inconsistant but largely mediocre Japenese heavyweight main event stereotype.
    There's no confusion, wrestler isn't synonymous with worker. Put them on a Venn Diagram and you'd have vital similarities and differences. Nash was never a good wrestler but as far as working goes he was something to strive for.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I don't know if Nash is a good example of that but I get what you're trying to say
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I know that pain, Zero. When I started watching New Japan I thought he was gonna be something but 7 years later and he's still getting the rugged pulled out from his feet.

There's no confusion, wrestler isn't synonymous with worker. Put them on a Venn Diagram and you'd have vital similarities and differences. Nash was never a good wrestler but as far as working goes he was something to strive for.
    Pro wrestling is a work, therefore all the 'wrestlers' are workers. The 'wrestling' is part of the work.

On Vacation

Status

Pro wrestling is a work, therefore all the 'wrestlers' are workers. The 'wrestling' is part of the work.
    Maybe that was true 15 years ago but now marks can get in the ring.

WAKE UP

Status

the term 'mark' is about 25 years out of date at this point

Relentless Admin

Status

don't work yourself into a shoot marks.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    don't work yourself into a shoot marks.
    I've made more from wrestling than I've put into it.

I LOOOOOOOVE YOU

Status

I have to abstain

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

wrestler = worker

I can't really go back and forth about Goto not knowing how much of him you've seen in the last year, but I really liked a few Goto G1 matches and him vs Naito from the NJC was a great performance in a bad match.

I really don't know what possible boxes Jordan checks. He's the clear second best half of an act that's slowly getting revealed as one note. Show me something different before we vote for him in something like this.

Thread Information