Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NJPW Dominion 6.19 in Osaka-jo Hall - 19th June 2016

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

NJPW NJPW Dominion 6.19 in Osaka-jo Hall - 19th June 2016

Even though it's over a month away, I thought that i'd make the thread now since a few matchups have been announced and I imagine more will be added over the next few weeks whilst the Best of Super Juniors tournament plays out. I guess the above image should be red but oh well, google is google.

Announced matchups so far:

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Kazuchika Okada

IWGP Intercontinental Title Ladder Match: Kenny Omega (c) vs Michael Elgin

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Title Match: Guerrillas of Destiny(c) vs The Briscoes

NEVER Openweight Title Match: Yuji Nagata (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: KUSHIDA (c) vs Will Ospreay

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Elimination Match: Matt Sydal & Ricochet (c) vs RPG Vice vs reDRagon vs The Young Bucks

EVIL vs Hirooki Goto

Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs BUSHI & SANADA

Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi and Adam Page vs Captain New Japan, Togi Makabe and Yoshitatsu

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi and Satoshi Kojima vs Juice Robinson, Jay White and David Finlay

I'm pretty excited to see Tanahashi in a ladder match but doubt he will be the one taking most of the dangerous bumps due to the condition he's in. I imagine that a HFF from the top of a ladder is pretty much a given though. Really unsure if Omega will win or not. Surprised to see Okada given a rematch so quickly, there's no way he should be winning the belt back this early so going to assume he loses and he goes on some sort of redemption path in the G1. Again, unsure on Nagata/Shibata. I think Nagata should win so that Shibata can be steered towards the IC/HW belts instead. A Tanahashi vs Shibata IC feud would be the business.

I think GOD will be defending against the Briscoes on this show but can't be certain - all I know is that they're facing each other at some point for the belts. As far as other possible matches go, I can't possibly make any predictions but I think something like Elgin and Tatsu vs The Young Bucks would be cool if the Bucks aren't going to be involved in the Jr Tag picture.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-12-2016 at 01:56 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: NJPW Dominion 6.19 in Osaka-jo Hall - 19th June 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I think GOD will be defending against the Briscoes on this show but can't be certain - all I know is that they're facing each other at some point for the belts.
    As soon as GOD won the belts, I knew it was only for them to lose them to the Briscoes.
    [save]

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

It's not grabbing me the same way Dontaku did. I worry that the top two matches of Okada/Naito and Tanahashi/Omega will be too Americanized for my puro tastes and suffer from the same old problems that have hampered their previous matches.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

i cant imagine that Shibata won't get the NEVER belt back immediately. im also really curious as to what a NJPW-style ladder match is going to be like.... curious in a grotesque way really

just what are you up to you????????

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

I think the ladder match has morbid curiousty in it for me, but I really wouldn't be optimistic of him taking any bumps from the top of the ladder a month before the G1. They really need him bad for that and there's no reason to risk that. I think that match will be swarmed with interf1erence and Tana will push someone else (Hopefully Fale for laughs) off the Ladder onto the entire BC or something like that. The Omega experiment hasn't worked, it's time to get that belt off him.

I have no interest at all in the main event. Okada's no Ishii and can't save this. I'm sure Red Shoes will get attacked or something and CHAOS will hang back and let LIJ have their way.

I think this Nagata/Shibata match is big for Shibata. I just can't see Shibata losing to Nagata twice and getting pushed up the card. Nagata was practically a jobber before this storyline. Either way I don't have a problem with Nagata winning though but I kinda think Shibata will win and that Nagata win was just a nice moment.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I have zero interest in the ladder match because of Tanahashi's condition, the fact that NJPW have poorly replicated any sort of angle or element of American wrestling that they can to appeal to a wider audience, and, well, Kenny Omega. It just seems like a trainwreck or a pending tragedy.

Not into the main event either.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

I'm not sure if I should spoiler tag this or not as I don't know if it potentially spoils a match but it's with regards to Nagata-Shibata

Spoiler:

Nagata said he would defend the NEVER title at a Lions Gate event - i'm not sure if this was him just saying he hoped to do that or if he was definitely going to do it. If so, I can only imagine it'd be at a show that comes after this... so that means he must be retaining right?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Spoiler:

So what you're saying is, I was right that Nagata would take the belt to Lions Gate. Excellent stuff.

but yeah it kind of spoils the result of the rematch here

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Spoiler:

So what you're saying is, I was right that Nagata would take the belt to Lions Gate. Excellent stuff.

but yeah it kind of spoils the result of the rematch here
    Spoiler:

Maybe Gedo read your idea and stole it from you.

Status

Tanahashi is out of the intercontinental title match, seems he is being replaced by Big Mike!

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

The ladder match loses most of it's appeal without Tanahashi as it doesn't feel like a New Japan ladder match anymore, however I might enjoy the match more now I don't have to worry about the stupid bumps 'hashi would be taking a month before the G1.

Still Kicking It

Status
      Country                    United States

No Tanahashi? Oh man, I was looking forward to that match! And it had a great build going into it. I hope Omega can save the match with some cool spots, though Elgin is no stranger to the top rope. We don't really need to get Okada in a title match again and just needs to give the rub to Naito in this one. Nagata vs. Shibata could be the sleeper match of the night. Too early to tell, but New Japan shouldn't fall back into the habit of giving us matches we saw 1-2 months ago.

Status

Card's updated to reflect the BOSJ results (two matches added) - don't look if you don't want it spoiled as to who won.

Starting to look a bit better now tbh.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Added to the Dominion card:

- The Briscoes are back and will challenge GoD for the tag titles
    - Young Bucks are added to the Jr Heavyweight tag titles
    - Goto Vs Evil (whyyyyyy)
    - Ishii and Yoshi-Hashi Vs Sanada and BUSHI (no idea why they don't shove them together in a 6 man)
    - Yoshi Tatsu, CNJ and Makabe Vs Fale, Yujiro and Adam Page
    - Jay Whites leaving match; White, Finlay and Juice Vs Shibata, Nakanishi and Tenzan

MITB is the same day as this show and that card smokes Dominion. There really isn't a fat lot appealing to me on this rematch heavy card. The result of Kushida/Ospreay will be very interesting, that's my one draw to watch the show.

Status

I'm interested in Elgin/Omega and how the ladder match will look. KUSHIDA/Ospreay is a good draw as is Nagata/Shibata II. I think they were building to Goto vs EVIL during the BOSJ shows and the tagger is going to be a way to set up Ishii vs Sanada down the line as he will inevitably skull end YOSHI HASHI during the match. Either that or Ishii actually beats Sanada.

Jay Whites leaving match is a dark match apparently, not sure we will be able to see it on world.
    I will probably watch both MITB and this.

I'm also keen to see what they do with Naito/Okada.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

It's amazing to me how wasted Goto & Ishii are on this card when they have such potential as singles or especially tag. I think Ishii's tag match looks pretty good though at least. I think Sanada & YH's feud has to end in a singles match so I expect that match to play out with YH or Sanada pinning the other to set up the other pinning the winner in G1 or they brawl on the outside while Ishii pins BUSHI which I'd like to see Ishii not be total odd man out.

I think Goto gets his win back vs EVIL but my God, EVIL sucks and I'm sick of Goto being wasted in this feud.

That second trios match is absolutely brutal. Yikes.

Status

The juniors tag match is now an elimination match...

i'm not sure if that also entails over the top rope elimination or not

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Well that makes the match slightly more interesting and different to the WK title match.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

HANGMAN PAGE

Every time I go into this thread I see that match and it automatically makes me hate this show and in a bizarre way has made this my most anticipated. They could make the Jr. Tag Titles a four way deep sleep to lose match with Kenta Kobashi as the special referee but I just can't bring myself to care about that group right now.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
    This show was actually a lot more interesting than it was on paper.

Spoilers ahoy

Spoiler:

HANGMAN PAGE...sucks. Miraculously that 6 man wasn't a WMOTYC thanks solely to CNJ.

The tag was as awesome as I knew it would be and holy crap the last two minutes of this was incredible. It was so refreshing to see a new move busted out in NJPW like this and it was the right finish. I really hope this is the start of something for YOSHI-HASHI as he was the star. Still kinda sucks to see Ishii so low though.

EVIL isn't good but Goto brings the best out of everyone and this was solid. I really hope this is the end though.

The Jr. Tag match zzzzzzzz What a weak way this went, and the worst team won. WHO COULD BE INTERESTED IN THESE MATCHES?

KUSHIDA/Ospreay was good but kind of disappointing. There was a lot of surprisingly awkward moments and KUSHIDA's selling wasn't great again, but they brought it together by the end.

Nagata/Shibata I thought in my head this was the best match NJPW's put out this year and what a great moment, and a great feud. Shibata deserved to win but the sad part is one of the company's best and most popular talents is going to be completely wasted again going forward. That sucks.

The Guerrillas has simply been a failure of epic purportions. The title change was right but speaking of epic failures, YUJIRO & PAGE ARE GETTING A PUSH!? Horrible. It's a pathetic state of affairs when I'm clamoring for the Briscoes for a better tag division. ...Why can't Goto & one of his buddies be the tag champions?

The ladder match was trash and Omega has been awful. Was surprised by the title change though. Hopefully Big Mike can bring some prestige back to the IC Belt.

I'd love to know if Shake recognized the person standing next to Kidani and his thoughts on him as a G1 candidate as has been rumored.

Much like the main event of MITB, I thought this dragged a lot, but in this case I enjoyed it more than I

thought I would due to expecting LIJ garbage and being pleasantly surprised at the lack of it. This was similar to their Dome main event, the last 5 minutes were strong but everything up to that wasn't great at all. Stunned at the title change and don't agree at all. Now I don't think either of these guys are very good quite frankly so I'm unbiased, but it sets a bad precedent to make a sudden change only return right back to the status quo. Naito shouldn't have won the title if this was the plan.

LSS: I loved Nagata/Shibata, the YH/Sanada tag was great, liked the Jr. Title match and surprising booking in general, but there was a still a lot of bad.

Opener: *1/2
    YOSHI/Ishii vs. Sanada/BUSHI: ***3/4
    EVIL/Goto: ***
    Jr Tag: *3/4
    KUSHIDA/Ospreay: ***1/2
    Shibata/Nagata: ****1/2
    Tag Titles: **1/2
    Ladder: *3/4
    Main Event: ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information