Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TEW 2016

Status

TEW 2016

So the newest edition of one of my favorite games dropped was released today in demo form. The full version of TEW 2016 comes out in a week. For those who don't know, its a wrestling booking simulator by the same developer who's been doing it since EWR. Its a more in depth game than EWR ever was, but there are a lot of optional features now that streamline the experience. The demo is out already and the full game will be released on May 2nd. Check out the Grey Dog website below.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/

Definitely worth checking out.

FAQ.

What the fuck is this game?

Glad you asked. Its a text-based wrestling booking simulator. Imagine the WWE2K16 Universe Mode, but with far greater control. It is, however, less visual. You don't get to watch the match play out. But you can run any company that is in the dataset. You can run it as the booker only, where you can have rules to follow set out by an owner, or as the owner-booker and answer only to yourself.

So what has changed?

Literally far too much to list. The game has an in-game list of changes and adjustments that numbers about 300. The vast majority of those were suggested by the TEW community. I will list a few:
    -alliance championships, which allows for the emulation of the NWA World championship
    -many game features are now optional, allowing for greater individual control over playing style preference
    -greater control over child promotions, like NXT
    -many more interactions with the talent
    -auto-booker
    -completely revamped broadcaster system

Why does the game come with a bunch of fake wrestlers and promotions?

Simply put, licensing reasons. One of the earlier versions by the same developer is Extreme Warfare Revenge, which used real wrestlers and promotions, but it was freeware. As soon as you charge for a game, licensing comes into play.

Now some games in this situation will use a thinly veiled dataset where real world people and teams are just renamed to slight variations, but are still easily identified. Instead, TEW comes with a default fictional universe called the CornellVerse that has quite a massive fanbase. Its a very colorful fictional world with a great deal of history, loads of characters, and a fun evolution over time. Its also the dataset that the game was built to work with, so it runs the best.

So I can't play real world companies? I can't play as WWE?

Of course you can. The game allows for alternate databases to be used (without having to overwrite the default one). These databases are generally called mods. TEW mods are created by the TEW community, and there are plenty of options. Some of them that were created for the 2013 edition of the game included mods starting in 1970, 1983, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, and several regularly updated current day mod. Most of these are going to be brought over to the 2016 version of the game.

Two things I will mention on real world mods. One is that the quality and scaling varies a bit. Some are designed to be rather easy to play, while some are meant to be more challenging. Some are very polished and some are released without that polish. So if you try one and you don't like the approach, realize that other mods will be different. Second, it will take a bit of time before properly polished and updated mods are released for 2016. The game does include a database converter so the basic conversion is easy, but adjusting things to account for new features will take time, and most modders want to put out a polished product. If you can't wait, you can download a 2013 mod and convert it over yourself - it will be playable, but don't be shocked when some wonky things start to happen.

I have other questions....

Then ask!
    Last edited by Big Papa; 04-26-2016 at 11:04 AM.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: TEW 2016

I've been checking through the demo. Lots of big changes to the CVerse but also to the game as a whole, can't wait for full release.

Status

Its a pretty awesome game. Its fairly similar to 2013 in layout and such - the familiarity was intentional - but tons of new sweet features added. Not game-changing stuff, for the most part, but the kind of additions that make it all but impossible to go back to a earlier version.

Since I posted the OP pretty quick yesterday, I'm gonna update it with some more information.
    Last edited by Big Papa; 04-26-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Its a pretty awesome game. Its fairly similar to 2013 in layout and such - the familiarity was intentional - but tons of new sweet features added. Not game-changing stuff, for the most part, but the kind of additions that make it all but impossible to go back to a earlier version.

Since I posted the OP pretty quick yesterday, I'm gonna update it with some more information.
    I will admit, I would've liked some improvement on the layout, not an overhaul but aside from the company page, it's the exact same and I'm not a big fan of that. Games like FM manage to remain familiar while still making enough layout changes to make it feel like a new game. Show TEW2016 to someone and at face value they won't really tell the difference. That cosmetic aside though, a lot of great nifty features.

The gimmick tweaks have me curious though, are there consequences to doing a bunch at once? Because I made one guy's gimmick legendary after 10 tweaks and there didn't seem to be any immediate consequence.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I am pretty stoked for this. Anyone else play TNM7 back in the day? I'm sure I've asked before.

That was my first foray into the wrestling sim world and I remember downloading .wav files for entrance themes and having them play when the wrestler was coming out. It was glorious.

Pretty excited for this too - wonder if there's a way we can coordinate our experiences and share them or have some objectives/goals or something. If anyone's interested let's make it a conversation, otherwise ignore this.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I'll always be playing and I'm sure Big Papa will too so so long as you're posting here I'll be open to replying/conversing about it.

Status

The visual similarity to TEW 2013 is both a positive and a negative. It wont' take long for some sknis to appear and change things up, though.

I'd be open to having some kind of regular updates on what we're doing. something along those lines what you're thinking, Natty? I've never had much luck in trying to do shared games because it means passing the game around way too much to be efficient.

So full disclosure - I'm pretty involved with the game at this point. Had the opportunity to beta test so I've had a ton of time with it already. I'm also helping out with several mods - part of Team Genadi (rename pending) and will likely help test the ThunderVerse. I've also been working on my own version of Genadi's 2001 WCW Lives scenario. Got a lot of work to do yet on that one before its at the point I want it to be. I'm dying to play a game with it. Probably going to try a TCW save in the meantime.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

The visual similarity to TEW 2013 is both a positive and a negative. It wont' take long for some sknis to appear and change things up, though.

I'd be open to having some kind of regular updates on what we're doing. something along those lines what you're thinking, Natty? I've never had much luck in trying to do shared games because it means passing the game around way too much to be efficient.

So full disclosure - I'm pretty involved with the game at this point. Had the opportunity to beta test so I've had a ton of time with it already. I'm also helping out with several mods - part of Team Genadi (rename pending) and will likely help test the ThunderVerse. I've also been working on my own version of Genadi's 2001 WCW Lives scenario. Got a lot of work to do yet on that one before its at the point I want it to be. I'm dying to play a game with it. Probably going to try a TCW save in the meantime.
    I was hoping Genadi might maybe release a real world modern day mod but it seems like he won't? Still very excited for ThunderVerse and going to dig into CV97 this year.

There's a lot of fun stuff with the CVerse this time around. So far all of the golden boys (KC, Keiths, Parker) are older and signed to companies. Cornell is in 21CW which was a total shocker, TCW is struggling which makes them feel a lot like a national underdog ROH, and SWF are probably funner to play with the added challenge. Over in Canada, CGC is a super fun option considering they're mightily struggling and USPW are very much willing to rob you (DeColt's included). SAISHO and BCG are also awesome underdog Puro's in Japan and the new Scottish promotion which is like a ICW stand-in, is a cool option too. Lots of companies I'd like to try this year which is great.

Figurehead option is one of the nicest ones and should add a new dimension to the R2G thing some people do.

I'm really interested in getting a NJPW type schedule working with PGHW or BHTWG but I'm not entirely sure how to go about it. I was thinking a subscription based service (PGHW probably can't afford that yet though but I know BHTWG can get a 'Big' sized one at the risk of losses to start) with "Road To ____" shows that are listed as specials and with a broadcasting deal with your subscription network of "Events" that way you can just change the Road to show every day. It would take a bit of work to have to change the date every time unless you outright created whatever # of specials you need on the road to the big event but I think it's the most feasible way to do it.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I'm not really sure. I'll have to see what it has going for it. Easiest would be to just keep each other in the loop with some BTB-lite entries, but I was wondering how feasible it would be to get at least one save where we have rival companies - the idea being that we can't use the same dudes, be it a world where WWE no longer exists and everyone is up for grabs or a world where only WWE/NXT is off limits. Of course, then we have to consider things like "what if Wrestler A gets signed by NXT?" But that's fun right.

Honestly surprised they haven't made an effort to create some sort of multiplayer component to this. There's a mode for Civilization V where people can turn the game on, make their turn, and then turn it off - Pit Boss, I think it's called. For the amount of time Civ V needs to load up, it seems like a waste of time - but with something like this? Could totally work. Hope it's in the plans for future iterations.

I'll need some time to tinker with it before I feel confident about any group activity but even if we're just sharing stories, I'm sure it will enhance the experience for all parties. Good on you for being active in the community - I've recently been modding WWE 2k16, simple stuff, but I'm definitely enjoying myself and could see that lending itself to TEW 2016 modding. Love quality of life and simple mods that go a long way. Excited for this!!
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Status

I think doing the TV specials as a special TV show would be the best option. Be aware that if you create your own network, expanding it later is ungodly expensive.

The Cverse has changed a lot. I've fallen in love with the changes, for the most part. Some very cool stuff happening. SWF isn't hard to run but you do need to make a concerted effort to build new stars - and you will lose top guys to USPW and even SOTBPW.

TCW is very intriguing. I was sad at first, as two of my favorites are gone. Even though Joey was a dickhead and spamming Tommy was basically easy mode. The backstage is a bit better. They have a better mid and lower card than it appears, some guys who can end up headlining. And the indies still have plenty of talent available to snap up on long terms deals. Greg Gauge is still signable and could be your world champion in 2 years. But even moreso than Supreme, you will lose top stars. Bank on it and build around it.

I'm actually shocked with how effectively the auto-booker runs. You need to adjust things a bit to accommodate your ongoing storylines and it will book a lot of title changes if you let it, but damn, its slick. Ran a year game with MAW and managed to grow a bit using just the auto-book.

Sharing what we're doing is definitely a must, Natty. And us all taking on rival companies and see what we do would be cool. Or even all taking on the same company in the same mod....
    Last edited by Big Papa; 04-26-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Status

This might be of no interest to anyone, but I feel like sharing.

So I've wanted a 2001 WCW Lives mod forever. Genadi (one of the main mod makers for TEW) did one, but there was a bit too much I didn't like. He scales his mods quite carefully and logically, but there was enough I didn't love that I didn't bother playing all that much. He actually created the WCW Lives mod, starting in 2002, that was the basis for my first WCW BTB project.

While testing TEW2016, I converted the 2001 WCW Lives mod over (Fleisch who does real world mods had actually modded it a bit). I've been editing and adjusting since. The data starts in June of 2001, with WCW still around. Bischoff was the owner, but I adjusted it to be Shane McMahon - using a backstory I was gonna use for my next WCW project. WCW starts at Cult, in pretty poor shape, but with $5m in the bank (I figured that Shane would have operating capital if he bought it, sooo.....)

The starting roster for WCW is pretty much what it was in March of 2001. The top WCW names who were actually contracted directly to Time Warner (so didn't join the Invasion) are on starting absences (I got legal reasons added just for that lol). So no Ric Flair, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Rey Mysterio, Kevin Nash, Lex Luger, Goldberg, and Eric Bischoff are all on those absences for varying lengths (how long their contracts were for, as best as I can find). So WCW's biggest stars are Booker T, DDP, and Jeff Jarrett. In reality, Booker T had his contract expire right after March and DDP accepted a buyout, so both were able to take part in the Invasion, so I kept both of them with the same basic reasoning.

First thing I did was start adjusting broadcasters. Taking into account the new features. Still need to clean them up a bit but they work as intended right now for the most part.

I love Genadi's mods, but they have some imperfections, most of which are down to preference. He went a bit heavy on bad habits (which used to have a devastating effect). I also find he scales a few things a bit high. Ironic, because he often gets complaints that he's too harsh with the skills. Really, it should be less about what a workers individual skill is and more about how that plays in the game world. Worker A might "deserve" Psychology of A*, but if that results in ridiculous high match ratings on average, nerf it or the game is unbalanced. One of the other things I dislike about the 2001 data is that Genadi's uses KYKY pics. They just don't look sharp IMO. Working on getting him to switch. But I wanted this on something else. So I started working on a custom pack using nGo cuts and nGo-style I've done myself.

Then I started editing the workers. Almost 1700 workers in the data, one by one. I'm having to do pictures, gimmicks (changed the gimmick file), worker location, body type, and then adjust both popularity and skills. So its a bit time intensive lol. I'm using the 2004 mod as a guide for scaling the skills and popularity. I have about 490 left so doing pretty well. I've deleted quite a few excess workers and imported a few. I'm hoping this process doesn't take me too much longer.

Once the workers are done, there are a few promotions I want to add, which will mean more workers. I've added DDT and wXw (from Germany), the latter of which needs a full roster. Still need to add Big Japan and probably NWA Hammerlock. Then importing more future workers and future promotions. Not sure how far I want to go with either.

After that, more polish. I want to do more scaling of skills and popularity. More tweaking.

I've done quite a bit of testing which resulted in a ton of tweaking. The WWF was an absolute monster. Which is to be expected, but not to the point that every show is an A. I've nerfed the top guys a bit but I don't want to give The Rock C+ Psychology or Angle at C. I changed the product to the Attitude preset and that made a difference. I've also switched WCW to a performance = popularity product that is basically TCW's product from the Cverse with a few tweaks. In most recent tests, the WWF goes from strong to really strong, with Steve Austin (narrative) and The Rock (manually) retiring where they actually did. WCW doesn't do too bad with the AI, running toward national. Japan still feels a bit unbalanced. New Japan, Noah, and sometimes All Japan all turn into monsters. Had Hiroshi Tanahasi (who is pretty raw when the game starts) win the Wrestler of the Year in 2008, 2009, and 2010 in my last sim.

I'm stuck in a place where I just want to play the damned thing, but I don't want to play it half finished. So I'll keep plugging away. Very eager to play. I have a ton of plans. There are so many awesome young prospects, and more debut in the 2002-2005 period. The hard part is going to be trying to avoid signing up every single good prospect and stashing them in development.

I doubt I'll ever release this. I was considering it at one point, but I think Genadi is going to update his version so not really necessary for me to do one too. And its very tailored to my tastes.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

This might be of no interest to anyone, but I feel like sharing.

So I've wanted a 2001 WCW Lives mod forever. Genadi (one of the main mod makers for TEW) did one, but there was a bit too much I didn't like. He scales his mods quite carefully and logically, but there was enough I didn't love that I didn't bother playing all that much. He actually created the WCW Lives mod, starting in 2002, that was the basis for my first WCW BTB project.

While testing TEW2016, I converted the 2001 WCW Lives mod over (Fleisch who does real world mods had actually modded it a bit). I've been editing and adjusting since. The data starts in June of 2001, with WCW still around. Bischoff was the owner, but I adjusted it to be Shane McMahon - using a backstory I was gonna use for my next WCW project. WCW starts at Cult, in pretty poor shape, but with $5m in the bank (I figured that Shane would have operating capital if he bought it, sooo.....)

The starting roster for WCW is pretty much what it was in March of 2001. The top WCW names who were actually contracted directly to Time Warner (so didn't join the Invasion) are on starting absences (I got legal reasons added just for that lol). So no Ric Flair, Sting, Hulk Hogan, Rey Mysterio, Kevin Nash, Lex Luger, Goldberg, and Eric Bischoff are all on those absences for varying lengths (how long their contracts were for, as best as I can find). So WCW's biggest stars are Booker T, DDP, and Jeff Jarrett. In reality, Booker T had his contract expire right after March and DDP accepted a buyout, so both were able to take part in the Invasion, so I kept both of them with the same basic reasoning.

First thing I did was start adjusting broadcasters. Taking into account the new features. Still need to clean them up a bit but they work as intended right now for the most part.

I love Genadi's mods, but they have some imperfections, most of which are down to preference. He went a bit heavy on bad habits (which used to have a devastating effect). I also find he scales a few things a bit high. Ironic, because he often gets complaints that he's too harsh with the skills. Really, it should be less about what a workers individual skill is and more about how that plays in the game world. Worker A might "deserve" Psychology of A*, but if that results in ridiculous high match ratings on average, nerf it or the game is unbalanced. One of the other things I dislike about the 2001 data is that Genadi's uses KYKY pics. They just don't look sharp IMO. Working on getting him to switch. But I wanted this on something else. So I started working on a custom pack using nGo cuts and nGo-style I've done myself.

Then I started editing the workers. Almost 1700 workers in the data, one by one. I'm having to do pictures, gimmicks (changed the gimmick file), worker location, body type, and then adjust both popularity and skills. So its a bit time intensive lol. I'm using the 2004 mod as a guide for scaling the skills and popularity. I have about 490 left so doing pretty well. I've deleted quite a few excess workers and imported a few. I'm hoping this process doesn't take me too much longer.

Once the workers are done, there are a few promotions I want to add, which will mean more workers. I've added DDT and wXw (from Germany), the latter of which needs a full roster. Still need to add Big Japan and probably NWA Hammerlock. Then importing more future workers and future promotions. Not sure how far I want to go with either.

After that, more polish. I want to do more scaling of skills and popularity. More tweaking.

I've done quite a bit of testing which resulted in a ton of tweaking. The WWF was an absolute monster. Which is to be expected, but not to the point that every show is an A. I've nerfed the top guys a bit but I don't want to give The Rock C+ Psychology or Angle at C. I changed the product to the Attitude preset and that made a difference. I've also switched WCW to a performance = popularity product that is basically TCW's product from the Cverse with a few tweaks. In most recent tests, the WWF goes from strong to really strong, with Steve Austin (narrative) and The Rock (manually) retiring where they actually did. WCW doesn't do too bad with the AI, running toward national. Japan still feels a bit unbalanced. New Japan, Noah, and sometimes All Japan all turn into monsters. Had Hiroshi Tanahasi (who is pretty raw when the game starts) win the Wrestler of the Year in 2008, 2009, and 2010 in my last sim.

I'm stuck in a place where I just want to play the damned thing, but I don't want to play it half finished. So I'll keep plugging away. Very eager to play. I have a ton of plans. There are so many awesome young prospects, and more debut in the 2002-2005 period. The hard part is going to be trying to avoid signing up every single good prospect and stashing them in development.

I doubt I'll ever release this. I was considering it at one point, but I think Genadi is going to update his version so not really necessary for me to do one too. And its very tailored to my tastes.
    If someone were to ask you to use this data, would you give it out though otherwise this is a troll post and you've broken my heart.

Nevertheless, the most intriguing part for historical mods is that they feel like they have more longevity and to assure that would be expanding the game with future workers/future companies, did you add much from WCW Lives. I assume that it's missing a lot of the Indy Stars that have risen in the last half decade? The Will Ospreays, Big Damos, Marty Scurlls, Dragon Lee's, Titan, Tritons etc.

Mind you, how is the Mexican scene in this game world as well?

I'd love to play it if you don't mind giving it out in some form. I'd probably just end up adding in tons of future workers myself if they weren't already there. The reason I generally don't is because you've got to sort of scale all the future workers skills so that they make sense in terms of development but they don't start off amazing.

Hope you at the very least put out updates for how your file goes.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    If someone were to ask you to use this data, would you give it out though otherwise this is a troll post and you've broken my heart.

Nevertheless, the most intriguing part for historical mods is that they feel like they have more longevity and to assure that would be expanding the game with future workers/future companies, did you add much from WCW Lives. I assume that it's missing a lot of the Indy Stars that have risen in the last half decade? The Will Ospreays, Big Damos, Marty Scurlls, Dragon Lee's, Titan, Tritons etc.

Mind you, how is the Mexican scene in this game world as well?

I'd love to play it if you don't mind giving it out in some form. I'd probably just end up adding in tons of future workers myself if they weren't already there. The reason I generally don't is because you've got to sort of scale all the future workers skills so that they make sense in terms of development but they don't start off amazing.

Hope you at the very least put out updates for how your file goes.
    Oh hell yes I'd be willing to share. Fleisch wants to take a look at it once I'm further along. I'd even share now but its still messy, incomplete pic pack, etc.

A lot of those workers aren't in the data but they are on my list to add. Scaling them might be a bit tough, because they will be absent from a lot of earlier historical mods and already fairly developed in any current day ones. Ah well, I'll make it work.

Mexico is.... messy. I don't know Mexico very well at all, so I can't adjust it with much knowledge. Both CMLL and AAA are Cult and they stay there, which seems fairly accurate. I know Japan better, even though I'm far from an expert. Europe and the UK, I'm also no expert on but at least info is a bit easier to find than Mexico.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Oh hell yes I'd be willing to share. Fleisch wants to take a look at it once I'm further along. I'd even share now but its still messy, incomplete pic pack, etc.

A lot of those workers aren't in the data but they are on my list to add. Scaling them might be a bit tough, because they will be absent from a lot of earlier historical mods and already fairly developed in any current day ones. Ah well, I'll make it work.

Mexico is.... messy. I don't know Mexico very well at all, so I can't adjust it with much knowledge. Both CMLL and AAA are Cult and they stay there, which seems fairly accurate. I know Japan better, even though I'm far from an expert. Europe and the UK, I'm also no expert on but at least info is a bit easier to find than Mexico.
    I probably would've been able to help a fair bit on modern mexico (and thus future workers) but I know little to nothing on 2001-2014~ Mexico so I guess there'd be little pay off to that. Though if you had general questions, Zero might be able to help you in regards to that since he probably knows CMLL history like the back of his hand e_e

But yeah, when you've finished the data/full game is out, I'd love to check it out!

Status

I probably would've been able to help a fair bit on modern mexico (and thus future workers) but I know little to nothing on 2001-2014~ Mexico so I guess there'd be little pay off to that. Though if you had general questions, Zero might be able to help you in regards to that since he probably knows CMLL history like the back of his hand e_e

But yeah, when you've finished the data/full game is out, I'd love to check it out!
    I've actually already reached out to Zero about Japan. Trying to figure out what starting level New Japan, Noah, and All Japan should be at. Hadn't thought of asking him about Mexico but good shout.

One thing I'm still mulling - I can get the game to emulate New japan dropping down to Cult and Inoki being removed. But Lady Baba giving up control of All Japan to Mutoh doesn't happen and I don't think I can set it up to happen. So I'm considering having Mutoh start as CEO of All Japan, even though its in advance of when that actually happened.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I've actually already reached out to Zero about Japan. Trying to figure out what starting level New Japan, Noah, and All Japan should be at. Hadn't thought of asking him about Mexico but good shout.

One thing I'm still mulling - I can get the game to emulate New japan dropping down to Cult and Inoki being removed. But Lady Baba giving up control of All Japan to Mutoh doesn't happen and I don't think I can set it up to happen. So I'm considering having Mutoh start as CEO of All Japan, even though its in advance of when that actually happened.
    This is a world where WCW lives and Shane McMahon takes over so taking some fictional liberties with the timeline doesn't seem that bad a thing if the game can't necessarily simulate something like that.

Status

This is a world where WCW lives and Shane McMahon takes over so taking some fictional liberties with the timeline doesn't seem that bad a thing if the game can't necessarily simulate something like that.
    That's a good point. And I still halfway have the "releasing this" mentality, where you have to consider how people will like or react to something like that. This is mostly for personal, so fuck it.

As it stands, he's working with both New japan and All japan. He's loyal to AJPW so he stays with them but NJ is bigger so he seems to prioritize them. It boosts both companies as he's still good in the ring and quite popular. As the CEO of All Japan, he will prioritize them, drop the NJ contract when it comes up, and that follows reality closer.

Status

So I'm itching to get a proper game going. Just wanna fucking play. However, the first two weeks of the games means a ton of patches - which I'm not really complaining about, since I think its great Adam address any issues that come up so quickly. But I don't want a "serious" game just yet.

Besides which, none of the mods are ready, my mod isn't ready, and while I love the CornellVerse, I need to do some adjusting. Most notably, I need to add in the Free Pic pack I have, which needs to be adjusted since Adam added more. I don't absolutely need to add in the alternate logos and such... but I prefer to. Same with changing out some of the default renders for re-renders. Its just a personal preference but it helps. I have my doubts that I'll wait til I get all that done before I finally get going with a TCW game. And as I mentioned to Jon yesterday, I do need to give Burning Hammer a good run-out this year as well.

Regarding the 2001 WCW Survives mod... There is just under 1700 workers to start with. I've been going through, one by one. I have 147 already debuted workers left and 157 yet-to-debut. I've been deleting some, which tends to be a surprisingly hard choice when it shouldn't be. Last night I decided to delete Nikita Koloff - a late 80s favorite of mine who retired in like 1992 so he was basically useless in the data. But it still took some consideration before I hit delete. I've also imported a few workers that were missing, but I'll be doing more of that. I have a 3 day weekend and if I can throw some time at it, I might be able to get through a lot of the remainders.

Unfortunately, there will still be lots of work to do after that. As I mentioned before, I have added wXw from Germany and still want to add in NWA Hammerlock UK and Big Japan as active promotions. They will need to be populated, as most of their starting rosters aren't in the data. Then look to add a few more yet-to-debut promotions and a lot of yet-to-debut workers. I'm thinking I will have around 2k in total. Then testing, tweaking, and balancing. Still have quite a few pics to cut - just using the nGo style cuz its fucking easy. I'm also working on a free pic pack since I like having game-generated talent too. Have about 300 or 350 done and want at least 1k in total.

No idea when I'll be able to actually run a game. Still planning a bunch of stuff, which I'll probably post about later. Cuz why not.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

So I'm itching to get a proper game going. Just wanna fucking play. However, the first two weeks of the games means a ton of patches - which I'm not really complaining about, since I think its great Adam address any issues that come up so quickly. But I don't want a "serious" game just yet.

Besides which, none of the mods are ready, my mod isn't ready, and while I love the CornellVerse, I need to do some adjusting. Most notably, I need to add in the Free Pic pack I have, which needs to be adjusted since Adam added more. I don't absolutely need to add in the alternate logos and such... but I prefer to. Same with changing out some of the default renders for re-renders. Its just a personal preference but it helps. I have my doubts that I'll wait til I get all that done before I finally get going with a TCW game. And as I mentioned to Jon yesterday, I do need to give Burning Hammer a good run-out this year as well.

Regarding the 2001 WCW Survives mod... There is just under 1700 workers to start with. I've been going through, one by one. I have 147 already debuted workers left and 157 yet-to-debut. I've been deleting some, which tends to be a surprisingly hard choice when it shouldn't be. Last night I decided to delete Nikita Koloff - a late 80s favorite of mine who retired in like 1992 so he was basically useless in the data. But it still took some consideration before I hit delete. I've also imported a few workers that were missing, but I'll be doing more of that. I have a 3 day weekend and if I can throw some time at it, I might be able to get through a lot of the remainders.

Unfortunately, there will still be lots of work to do after that. As I mentioned before, I have added wXw from Germany and still want to add in NWA Hammerlock UK and Big Japan as active promotions. They will need to be populated, as most of their starting rosters aren't in the data. Then look to add a few more yet-to-debut promotions and a lot of yet-to-debut workers. I'm thinking I will have around 2k in total. Then testing, tweaking, and balancing. Still have quite a few pics to cut - just using the nGo style cuz its fucking easy. I'm also working on a free pic pack since I like having game-generated talent too. Have about 300 or 350 done and want at least 1k in total.

No idea when I'll be able to actually run a game. Still planning a bunch of stuff, which I'll probably post about later. Cuz why not.
    A lot of the pre-game stuff you tend to do, I tend to do as I roll with it but that's because I'm a lot more impatient to get through the game.

wXw/Big Japan are both promotions I'd love to play. And if you have Rev Pro opening down the line, that's definitely one I'd like to try out. What sort of pics are you going for for the free pic pack? Between the yet-to-debut and the 1K worth of free pic pack, should make for a super solid long term game.

I've been mostly playing as Black Canvas Grappling who are the only company in Japan outside of PGHW who haven't joined the Modern Japan Movement or aren't running a Modern Japan schedule (meaning they're still doing a touring schedule). Three of your better guys leave instantly; Razan/Tanyu/Sojuro and the financial situation means you have to do a lot of cost-cutting. There's also a future economy crash that will fuck you in May so it's a pretty tough company, might be the toughest in Japan since EXO2010 have their cash and SAISHO/WEXXV can rely on the movement for support. Still, Funakoshi and Torii are loyal and can carry your company for the next 10 years and then some.

Status

I'm using nGo/Organic style. Cutting is so easy. You just size the image so its face and upper shoulders, then slap a 4 pixel black border over it. boom done. finding random pictures to use is a bit harder than I expected. I've mostly been using Google and searching random terms. I don't want to use real wrestlers or anyone too famous, so athletes from other sports, bodybuilders, costume pics, and so on are what I've grabbed mostly. I'm trying to be diverse - the existing real world pic packs are well split between male and female, but almost all black or white individuals. Far fewer Hispanic, Middle eastern, etc.

The random promotions that open now make me less concerned bout having dozens of yet-to-open companies, but definitely gonna add more.

I've been tempted by GCG a few times but never really run with them. Same as PGHW to be honest.

Thread Information