Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556
Results 1,101 to 1,107 of 1107

Thread: TEW 2016

King EC

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: TEW 2016

So I'm not sure what the deal is but in my Impact save I'm having this problem where people will randomly become unscripted. As in, I create a segment, and everyone is scripted, but then I go back in to edit the segment and some of the people aren't scripted.
    ​​​​​​​​ 2019 King of Wrestling Clique

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

VOTE IN TICKET WARS VII - ROUND 2!!
    Zero vs. Ed
    Shock vs. Smooth Jazz Wolf

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peanutbutter View Post
    So I'm not sure what the deal is but in my Impact save I'm having this problem where people will randomly become unscripted. As in, I create a segment, and everyone is scripted, but then I go back in to edit the segment and some of the people aren't scripted.
    Depending on what they're graded on, it will automatically make them unscripted; however, if they're rated on something where being scripted/unscripted matters, it shouldn't be changing it (IE: Entertainment or Microphone I believe). But something like Menace or Not Rated, while it will tick to unscripted, wont effect the segment rating.

Hope this is the case you're talking about.

What game are you running rn?
    Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

Status

Yeah, that sounds weird. Once you've selected it and saved the segment, it shouldn't switch at that point. If that's what is happening, then its a bug.

Was going to post this as a random musing in the Yes Mod thread, but I figured it might belong moreso here. So I've mulled the idea of an early to mid 80s mod a few times over the past few months. It wasn't really a consideration when I started TYM. My hesitation on that period is much the same as it is when I look at any period - I don't know ENOUGH. I might be very familiar with certain game areas, but not everywhere, so that would be a barrier. But TYM is making me realize that you don't need to know everything. Not at all.

I think this first popped into my head as an idea when the Wrestle Me podcast was talking about how good and innovative Marc Rocco was, which led to me thinking about the earlier 1980s as a time period. I was a kid in the 1980s so looking through these 80s mods, the nostalgia is so fucking strong for me. I've played around with the Golden Age mod quite a bit, but while the WWF is fun, its also VERY strong. I've also toyed around with Risky Business, which starts in 1985. I kinda enjoy that more, since the WWF isn't as strong yet and the rest of the territories aren't in as much trouble. But Hogan is already a mega-star and I still feel like I want to be a step further back.

There is the beloved Death of the Territories mod, which was built way back on about TEW 2005 and has been updated a times but hasn't had a full proper release in a couple of TEW versions. It starts sometime in 1983. I could take a shot at updating that, but.....

So I've started mulling the idea of creating another mod after I finish up work on The Yes Mod. This one would be FULLY from scratch... possibly. If memory serves, Ryland has talked about TEW 20202 having a "quick" function for talent, similar to how WMMA does. If it works slick, that would be a fast way to add in talent. gazwefc83 is working on a current day RW mod using a rather simple system for adding talent, based on the search descriptions within TEW. This could make for a pretty effective system for adding workers, with the individualization tweaks coming in the testing process.

I think it would start in 1984. Starting in January 1984 would be right as Hogan joins the WWF (he technically signed in December 1983) but before he wins the world title from the Iron Sheik. David von Erich would also still be alive. Most of the territories would all be fairly much on an even level and it would be an open race to see who can break out of the pack first. Mexico has UWA in a strong position, instead of just EMLL. And Japan has both NJPW and AJPW in a good spot. So it feels like it would be an interesting time period in most regions of the game world.

If the quick add talent function isn't slick, that could sink all of this.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status

Big Papa confirming he will not play TEW 2020 beyond creating a 1984 mod that wont be done till TEW 2023 ;(

Also, eat the rich.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    Big Papa confirming he will not play TEW 2020 beyond creating a 1984 mod that wont be done till TEW 2023 ;(
    MAYBE I'm already playing TEW 20202, Todd.

But real talk, your suggestion is a strong possibility.

In a sense, a 1984 mod would be easier and harder. My knowledge is lesser so it would require more research. But its a much smaller game world at that point. Adding a load of future workers is theoretically easier because you are skilling rookies. As a whole, it would be far fewer starting workers than a more modern mod.

I feel like this would be a low key project. A "gradually pick away at it" rather than something I pour tons of time into like I am with The Yes Mod.

Also a chance that TEW 2020 is so tasty I just give up on modding and play endlessly.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

All About That Ace

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    MAYBE I'm already playing TEW 20202, Todd.

But real talk, your suggestion is a strong possibility.

In a sense, a 1984 mod would be easier and harder. My knowledge is lesser so it would require more research. But its a much smaller game world at that point. Adding a load of future workers is theoretically easier because you are skilling rookies. As a whole, it would be far fewer starting workers than a more modern mod.

I feel like this would be a low key project. A "gradually pick away at it" rather than something I pour tons of time into like I am with The Yes Mod.

Also a chance that TEW 2020 is so tasty I just give up on modding and play endlessly.
    This is what Im dreaming happens. This is the ideal future next to you being so inspired you do a puro BTB.

Also, eat the rich.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Chavez View Post
    This is what Im dreaming happens. This is the ideal future next to you being so inspired you do a puro BTB.
    Maybe once I build the 1984 mod from scratch, I can make a New Japan 1984 BTB. Basically Inoki wins everything all the time, even matches he's not involved in and Akira Maeda shoots on everyone, even the fans.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread Information