Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1040

Thread: TEW 2016

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: TEW 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    So The Miz has chosen not to resign due to lack of push this shocks me because hes my WWE Undisputed Champion. I even put him over Batista & Daniel Bryan to win title. So I ask myself the question of how? He is in a Main Event push booked to win and has his own wife & bodyguard ( Brian Cage). This really is pissing me off. Bray Wyatt has also refuse to sign but I mean hes on SD with my main pushing going to Christain there.
    That's pretty shitty. Unfortunately I haven't played 2005 in so long I really don't remember much about how the contract negotiating goes. If there's an option in the negotiations to promise them a certain level of push like there in is in 2016, try adjusting to that to say he'll never be pushed as anything less than a main eventer. That could help but no guarantees.

Status

Forgot its 2005. I don't know TEW 2005 very well. But yeah, make sure his Push is indeed set to Main Event. Could be auto-pushing him below that.

So in that CV2018 mod, I ended up taking an interest in the SWF. They aren't in a great place - they have fallen to Cult. They lost more major stars to USPW, keeping Jack Bruce meant giving him the book, they are doing overly-gimmicky gimmicks too much, and brought back Christian Faith to do color commentary. While I don't have much urge to run the SWF in that mod, I might steal one or two of those ideas. Notably Faith. Always one of my favorite characters and him retiring, while realistic, was a knock to Supreme for me. So having him return to help out the company against USPW resonates. Maybe could use him as my UC in an SWF save.... Hmm.....
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    DON'T TEMPT ME

I've heard the story before. Think it might even get an indirect mention in the Death of WCW book.

Been bashing around with Cverse images, but thinking I might actually start up a save soon. Maybe....
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    DON'T TEMPT ME

I've heard the story before. Think it might even get an indirect mention in the Death of WCW book.

Been bashing around with Cverse images, but thinking I might actually start up a save soon. Maybe....
    No, you won't.

I think I mentioned it before but I feel like I'm done with TEW 2016. I look forward to really diving into TEW 2020 though. But I'm diverting TEW hours into other games.

Status

No, you won't.

I think I mentioned it before but I feel like I'm done with TEW 2016. I look forward to really diving into TEW 2020 though. But I'm diverting TEW hours into other games.
    That's pretty much what I've been doing. I don't mind spending time with free pics, because those will still be useful on TEW 2020.

The SWF is still what feels most appealing if I do end up doing a save. Not sure if I wanna do a scenario where Christian Faith comes back or not....
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

I might be with Jon in that I don't really get into a save again until TEW 2020 comes out. I just haven't done anything on TEW of late - its always open but other than looking at stuff while I watching a game on TV, I just haven't done anything. I was poking around in the Cverse after adding a bunch of free pics, and tempted to start up with the SWF but just never did. Now I'm messing around on the Golden Age mod again but really just looking at workers lol.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Every announcement for TEW 2020 makes me want to play it a bit more. Really hoping I get to beta test.... but I also know what trying to spend time with a beta game can be like, so that will be frustrating in of itself.

Since I've toyed around with the Golden Age mod a bit lately, I also started watching some old wrestling. Been watching "Mid South Wrestling" on the Network. Man, they had some talent and some fun storylines. And the mid-80s goodness is so wonderfully cheesy.

The schedule for the WWF in TGA is wonky - its two B shows and no A show. Which represents reality about as close as you can. Based on Adam's descriptions, TEW 2020 will replicate that era much better than is currently possible. There is so much talent available that having some restraint on who comes in will be the toughest part. Introducing Ted DiBiase and Curt Hennig and the Brainbusters would be all kinds of fun to book. Hell, taking up some of the ideas from Southpaw Regional Wrestling and running with them would be workable.

The only other two save options would be 2K1 or maybe a save with the SWF in the Cverse.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Every announcement for TEW 2020 makes me want to play it a bit more. Really hoping I get to beta test.... but I also know what trying to spend time with a beta game can be like, so that will be frustrating in of itself.

Since I've toyed around with the Golden Age mod a bit lately, I also started watching some old wrestling. Been watching "Mid South Wrestling" on the Network. Man, they had some talent and some fun storylines. And the mid-80s goodness is so wonderfully cheesy.

The schedule for the WWF in TGA is wonky - its two B shows and no A show. Which represents reality about as close as you can. Based on Adam's descriptions, TEW 2020 will replicate that era much better than is currently possible. There is so much talent available that having some restraint on who comes in will be the toughest part. Introducing Ted DiBiase and Curt Hennig and the Brainbusters would be all kinds of fun to book. Hell, taking up some of the ideas from Southpaw Regional Wrestling and running with them would be workable.

The only other two save options would be 2K1 or maybe a save with the SWF in the Cverse.
    We all know you're gonna go straight to WCW in 2001.

I'm hoping CVerse has changed enough and been refined enough for a fun playthrough that doesn't have me questioning too much of its foundations. No TVerse this year will be very painful.

Status

I'm nearly in 2010 in your WCW Lives mod, BP. I've been running AIW since it opened in 2005 but I also jump in and out with multiple players, running different promotions for short times just to sway some things to occur how I like. Once I get to 2010 I'll make a big post running down how the world looks and some of the things that have happened.

Status

We all know you're gonna go straight to WCW in 2001.

I'm hoping CVerse has changed enough and been refined enough for a fun playthrough that doesn't have me questioning too much of its foundations. No TVerse this year will be very painful.
    The lack of Tverse makes me sad just to think about.

Very much agree about the evolution of the Cverse. To be honest, I didn't love a lot of the changes that were brought in for 2016, even if I've gradually gotten used to them. Have a feeling Adam might do that again, and if he makes more of my favorite companies un-fun to run.... Boo...

2K1 is probably ahead the SWF at this point, but I'm kinda leaning to the 80s for the lulz. I did look at a few 90s mods but none of the periods really resonated.

One thing that does make 2K1 a bit more appealing, besides a MUCH smaller roster and smaller list of available / appealing talent that can be signed is that I have changed up my presentation of this version of WCW a small bit. Not hugely, but enough that it would feel a bit different. But still.....

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I'm nearly in 2010 in your WCW Lives mod, BP. I've been running AIW since it opened in 2005 but I also jump in and out with multiple players, running different promotions for short times just to sway some things to occur how I like. Once I get to 2010 I'll make a big post running down how the world looks and some of the things that have happened.
    That's awesome. Would love to read about it.

Between the base mod and the testing, the mod should be well stable to that point and well beyond, but its still really cool to see take it that. Love when Jon had a long save on it and gave updates as well.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

I'm not gonna lie - coming up with ideas for the mid 1980s is rather fun.

It helps that there is just so damned much talent available. And that there are tons of managers, so good workers can just be stashed in a stable and have a purpose just through that.

One mod I haven't looked at recently is the 1985 Risky Business mod. I wonder if there was ever a finalized version of that for TEW 2016? Might be worth taking a look before I settle on the Golden Age.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So.... looking at the 1985 Risky Business mod was a bad idea. Now I'm debating.

I was pretty set on going with the 1987 The Golden Age mod. Was going to run the WWF. While JCP has some pretty awesome potential, the mod has it set up for JCP to close and WCW to open as a new company. I would prefer to have it.... evolve into WCW. I started to create a mod variation for that at one point but never finished it and don't really have any interest in spending the time to do it now. And mid to late 80s WWF was my jam back in the day anyway.

The problems with playing as the WWF in TGA is growth. As in, you can't all that much. Its a National sized company with $25 million in the bank. The popularity scaling means you draw STRONG attendances. I wanted to keep with a fairly realistic schedule - keeping the two B shows and then having a weekly "tour" show. But the tour shows are treated as non-broadcast PPV events on TEW 2016, so you get like 30K or better fans. Which makes an attempt at a "realistic" schedule rather unrealistic.

The other problem is the potential signings. There are just so fucking many talented wrestlers who can bring in. And the roster already starts quite bloated. Just look at who you can sign....

Ted DiBiase, Sting, Mark Calloway, Mick Foley, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Nikita Koloff, Tully Blanchard, Curt Hennig, The Road Warriors, Owen Hart, The Rockers, The Midnight Rockers, Sgt Slaughter, Vader, Chris Benoit, Bam Bam Bigelow, Scott Hall, Keiji Muto, Yokozuna....

That's leaving aside guys like Flair and Dusty and Luger who aren't available at the start. Probably half of that list needs some time to grow (development or not), but half could step in immediately. Its just not necessary to add that much at once. But that doesn't really make it that much less tempting. The WWF had a fair bit of turnover through the later 80s, but it was gradual, not all in a short period.

The 1985 mod starts, shockingly, in 1985. Three months before the very first WrestleMania. The company is only Cult and has $1 million in the bank. The roster is quite different. Sure there is Hogan, Piper, Andre, Tito, Bret, Orndorff, and Heenan. But Savage isn't there yet. The British Bulldogs aren't there yet. No Hart Foundation. Steamboat hasn't joined. Its a lot smaller roster, though that is partly because of the lack of PPA jobbers that bloat the 1987 roster. Given the local jobber hiring, you don't necessarily need those to be on actual contracts now.

The immediate thing that jumps out at me when looking over the 1985 mod is the skill scaling is a bit different. Higher. There are loads of workers with pretty good (B- or better) Psychology when compared to the 1987 mod. But.... the popularity also scales differently so its not automatically "easier". I ran a two year test sim overnight. It seems pretty stable. The WWF hit National and had a load of A matches - not surprising. JCP stayed at Cult and only had a handful of A matches - they just don't have a huge profile yet.

Kinda leaning toward the 1985 version.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Norway

So.... looking at the 1985 Risky Business mod was a bad idea. Now I'm debating.

I was pretty set on going with the 1987 The Golden Age mod. Was going to run the WWF. While JCP has some pretty awesome potential, the mod has it set up for JCP to close and WCW to open as a new company. I would prefer to have it.... evolve into WCW. I started to create a mod variation for that at one point but never finished it and don't really have any interest in spending the time to do it now. And mid to late 80s WWF was my jam back in the day anyway.

The problems with playing as the WWF in TGA is growth. As in, you can't all that much. Its a National sized company with $25 million in the bank. The popularity scaling means you draw STRONG attendances. I wanted to keep with a fairly realistic schedule - keeping the two B shows and then having a weekly "tour" show. But the tour shows are treated as non-broadcast PPV events on TEW 2016, so you get like 30K or better fans. Which makes an attempt at a "realistic" schedule rather unrealistic.

The other problem is the potential signings. There are just so fucking many talented wrestlers who can bring in. And the roster already starts quite bloated. Just look at who you can sign....

Ted DiBiase, Sting, Mark Calloway, Mick Foley, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Nikita Koloff, Tully Blanchard, Curt Hennig, The Road Warriors, Owen Hart, The Rockers, The Midnight Rockers, Sgt Slaughter, Vader, Chris Benoit, Bam Bam Bigelow, Scott Hall, Keiji Muto, Yokozuna....

That's leaving aside guys like Flair and Dusty and Luger who aren't available at the start. Probably half of that list needs some time to grow (development or not), but half could step in immediately. Its just not necessary to add that much at once. But that doesn't really make it that much less tempting. The WWF had a fair bit of turnover through the later 80s, but it was gradual, not all in a short period.

The 1985 mod starts, shockingly, in 1985. Three months before the very first WrestleMania. The company is only Cult and has $1 million in the bank. The roster is quite different. Sure there is Hogan, Piper, Andre, Tito, Bret, Orndorff, and Heenan. But Savage isn't there yet. The British Bulldogs aren't there yet. No Hart Foundation. Steamboat hasn't joined. Its a lot smaller roster, though that is partly because of the lack of PPA jobbers that bloat the 1987 roster. Given the local jobber hiring, you don't necessarily need those to be on actual contracts now.

The immediate thing that jumps out at me when looking over the 1985 mod is the skill scaling is a bit different. Higher. There are loads of workers with pretty good (B- or better) Psychology when compared to the 1987 mod. But.... the popularity also scales differently so its not automatically "easier". I ran a two year test sim overnight. It seems pretty stable. The WWF hit National and had a load of A matches - not surprising. JCP stayed at Cult and only had a handful of A matches - they just don't have a huge profile yet.

Kinda leaning toward the 1985 version.
    Risky Business is an absolute monster of a mod, to be honest. When making your own company you just have to pick and choose who you want to bring in, otherwise your bloated roster is going to drain you dry.

In my opinion, the RB mod, you want a roster of 15-20 guys whittled down to how you want to use them. That's usually my strategy when playing that particular mod.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Risky Business is an absolute monster of a mod, to be honest. When making your own company you just have to pick and choose who you want to bring in, otherwise your bloated roster is going to drain you dry.

In my opinion, the RB mod, you want a roster of 15-20 guys whittled down to how you want to use them. That's usually my strategy when playing that particular mod.
    It is a monster. Its not just the guys who turn into amazing wrestlers a bit down the road (a load of guys who are "ready" in the 1987 mod but are still pretty green in 1985). But also a lot of regional stars, some of whom are a bit underrated or on decline by the later 80s are still pretty potent in '85.

Restraint in hiring talent is going to be my problem in either mod, to be honest. Both are a bit lacking in the indy scene - on that 2 year test run on RB, I saw that quite a few talented young wrestlers were out of work by the start of 1987 as there just wasn't enough places to work. So setting up a farm system of 3 or 4 small regional promotions is definitely part of the plan - easier to do on 1987 when there is loads of money than on 1985 when the WWF starts with just $1 million in the bank.

The goal is definitely to plan some specific pushes and uses out for most talent I sign, rather than just signing everyone because "they could be useful". That's a dark road I've taken many times on many mods. And it only leads to bloat.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

#GrimLove

Status

So in line with BP hyping up Risky Business, I decided to play a game starting on hard mode with a Small-sized company with $750,000. I'm only allowed 20 workers for the first year. So here we go.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    So in line with BP hyping up Risky Business, I decided to play a game starting on hard mode with a Small-sized company with $750,000. I'm only allowed 20 workers for the first year. So here we go.
    I demand regular updates. Thank you.

So I ran the test sim another year. The mod seems pretty stable, as I expected. I did notice two things, also rather expected...

Veteran Development

Quite a few veterans (early to mid 30s) workers developed into world class wrestlers. This tends to happen if there is random potential set and the worker has regular work. They keep improving. Which is really cool when its a rare occurrence. It becomes less cool when its pretty widespread. So it might be neat to see Paul Orndorff improve to where all his Performance skills are B+ or A.... but when the same thing happens to Adrian Adonis, Don Muraco, Brutus Beefcake, Barry Windham, Ken Patera.... you see the issue, I assume, and that was just in the WWF. Its particular prevalent in Japan where the combo of good top workers and the touring schedule will have a load of mediocre vets buff their skills into in-ring monsters. So time to edit some potentials. Even putting the veteran on Very Low potential won't guarantee they don't improve with constant matches against good opponents, but it nullifies the process a bit. Not gonna both editing a ton of the workers but at least a handful.

Promotions Closing

This happens in any mod where companies that are regional or below don't have a lot in the bank at the start. They go bankrupt. I checked at the start of 1988 and almost as many companies had closed as there were still open. But... fairly realistic as this is period where regional territories died off en mass. The upside is that it will allow me, as the WWF, to buy some of them up and run them as the farm system I want to have.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

#GrimLove

Status

I demand regular updates. Thank you.
    Ask and you shall receive. I have managed to find my carefully picked roster for the first year of USPW's existence.

Spoiler:

Main Event:

Buddy Roberts (Managed by Michael Hayes)
    Curt Hennig
    Michael Hayes
    Randy Savage (Managed by Woman)

Upper Midcard:

Eddie Gilbert
    Robert Gibson
    Scott Hall

Terry Gordy (Managed by Michael Hayes)

Midcard:

Bobby Eaton (Managed by Jim Cornette)
    Dennis Condrey (Managed by Jim Cornette)
    Rick Rude
    Rick Steiner

Ricky Morton
    Tommy Rogers

Lower Midcard:

Bobby Fulton
    Marty Jannetty
    Shawn Michaels

Vader (Managed by Gary Hart)

Opener:

Mark Calaway (Managed by Gary Hart)
    Mick Foley

Manager:

Gary Hart
    Jim Cornette
    Woman

Announcer:

Bob Caudle
    Jim Ross

Color Commentator:

Buddy Colt

Referee:

Jim Korderas
    Scrappy McGowen

Authority Figure:

Jack Tunney

Road Agent:

Eddie Sharkey
    John Smith (UC)

Personality:

Barbara Clary

Tag Teams:

The Fabulous Freebirds
    The Fantastics
    The Midnight Express
    The Rockers
    The Rock 'N' Roll Express

Stables:

Camp Cornette (Cornette, Eaton, Condry)
    The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes, Gordy, Roberts)
    The Hart Dynasty (Gary Hart, Vader, Mark Calaway)

As another added personal challenge, if I manage to make a profit by the end of the year, I will allow myself to add 10 more workers to the roster.

I will be working with three initial championships:

USPW World Heavyweight (Main Event)
    USPW World Tag Team (Floating)
    UPSW National Wrestling (Midcard)

I think the biggest thing I'm going to look for is how to capitalize on the popularity of Randy Savage and Curt Hennig and make that a year long feud filled with blood and guts. My tag team division will be strong enough considering Rock 'N' Roll, Midnight, and the Fantastics are all gonna be involved in the mix, not to mention The Freebirds as the Wild Card tag team.

Status

Well I've made it to 2010. I'm not sure how I should present all the info though. How much detail would you guys want? I'm down to go pretty in-depth but if no one is gonna read it, then fuck that.

#GrimLove

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Well I've made it to 2010. I'm not sure how I should present all the info though. How much detail would you guys want? I'm down to go pretty in-depth but if no one is gonna read it, then fuck that.
    In depth. Give us all the juicy details.

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

Thread Information