Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: TEW 2016

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: TEW 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    2014 and maybe about 4 months in maybe longer for some reason I didn't see it but it wasn't a full year tour for WWE so there was a month of no shows as I had no idea how to change it found out all good now. You cant actual run NXT which sucks so I took over ROH in another same timeline haven't started that one tho.
    Yeah if I recall correctly I think they're going to find a way to allow you to run WWE and NXT in the 2020 version. BP would know. I might just be making that up tbh.

Status

Yeah, you will be able to run child promotions on TEW2020. Its one of the new features being added and was much-requested. Currently, you can't. Your best bet on any of the TEWs is to make NXT into another brand, which isn't really accurate.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Yeah if I recall correctly I think they're going to find a way to allow you to run WWE and NXT in the 2020 version. BP would know. I might just be making that up tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Yeah, you will be able to run child promotions on TEW2020. Its one of the new features being added and was much-requested. Currently, you can't. Your best bet on any of the TEWs is to make NXT into another brand, which isn't really accurate.
    Minor note: You are able to run development companies but not with a single user. You would have to add another user to the game to control NXT. "A new addition to the game is the ability for the user to play as the owner or booker of another promotion's child company." And by proxy, there's a limited amount of dev companies you can control.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Minor note: You are able to run development companies but not with a single user. You would have to add another user to the game to control NXT. "A new addition to the game is the ability for the user to play as the owner or booker of another promotion's child company." And by proxy, there's a limited amount of dev companies you can control.
    Do you mean currently or in the announced TEW 2020 feature? I don't really see any explanation in the feature announcement that says you have to have a second user active.

Also, bit of a short update.... I haven't gone back to WCW 1997 and can't say the urge is really there. The only time I put into TEW over the past week or so has been doing a bit of updating to my version of WCW Lives. Its been adding a few future workers like Marko Stunt. I discovered that Game Changer Wrestling has actually been around since 1999 and was Jersey Championship Wrestling until 2015, so I was going to add them.... but immediately ran into the fun old problem of not being able to find much info on their owner. so time to Google some more and see what I can come up with and then decide whether I want to include the company. It seems like JCW was a pretty straight forward micro-indy until the current ownership bought it and started making some changes that turned them into a strong indy company.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Do you mean currently or in the announced TEW 2020 feature? I don't really see any explanation in the feature announcement that says you have to have a second user active.

Also, bit of a short update.... I haven't gone back to WCW 1997 and can't say the urge is really there. The only time I put into TEW over the past week or so has been doing a bit of updating to my version of WCW Lives. Its been adding a few future workers like Marko Stunt. I discovered that Game Changer Wrestling has actually been around since 1999 and was Jersey Championship Wrestling until 2015, so I was going to add them.... but immediately ran into the fun old problem of not being able to find much info on their owner. so time to Google some more and see what I can come up with and then decide whether I want to include the company. It seems like JCW was a pretty straight forward micro-indy until the current ownership bought it and started making some changes that turned them into a strong indy company.
    The wording implies that users now have the ability to play as the owner/booker of a development company run by someone else, not that you can run two independent companies as a single user. I'm 100% confident that he would've elaborated and clarified if a single user could now control two companies.

And this is for the announced TEW 2020 feature.

"A new addition to the game is the ability for the user to play as the owner or booker of another promotion's child company." This statement from the post makes that pretty clear for me. I think the wording is intentional in clarifying you aren't Triple H running WWE & NXT at once.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    The wording implies that users now have the ability to play as the owner/booker of a development company run by someone else, not that you can run two independent companies as a single user. I'm 100% confident that he would've elaborated and clarified if a single user could now control two companies.

And this is for the announced TEW 2020 feature.

"A new addition to the game is the ability for the user to play as the owner or booker of another promotion's child company." This statement from the post makes that pretty clear for me. I think the wording is intentional in clarifying you aren't Triple H running WWE & NXT at once.
    Oh, yeah, I don't think you will be able to run two companies as one avatar. Sorry, misunderstood.

So you could run WWE as Vince and NXT as Triple H or whoever. But you couldn't run WWE and NXT as one single user.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

So created Jersey Championship Wrestling in the 2K1 data last night, which is the company that became Game Changer Wrestling. Had to create the owner and I couldn't find a pic for him, so cut one. Debating on whether I should add the guys who took it over in 2015 and changed it to Game Changer, since I can't force the company to change owners that far down the road, and they would likely end up owning another company anyway.

Its got a small roster to start and I couldn't find info about who they had as ref, road agent, etc. But not to worried - the company will hire those pretty quick, and fill out the roster. The starting roster is a lot of east coast indy guys, many of whom ended up working for ROH later - Low Ki, Little Dixie, Dan Maff, etc. On a test run, they managed to pull together pretty solid roster.

Gonna look at a few tweaks - top joshi workers need a comb-over, I think. Gonna look for a few more missing future workers. But I can't imagine there will be a ton more added.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status
      Country                    United States

So created Jersey Championship Wrestling in the 2K1 data last night, which is the company that became Game Changer Wrestling. Had to create the owner and I couldn't find a pic for him, so cut one. Debating on whether I should add the guys who took it over in 2015 and changed it to Game Changer, since I can't force the company to change owners that far down the road, and they would likely end up owning another company anyway.

Its got a small roster to start and I couldn't find info about who they had as ref, road agent, etc. But not to worried - the company will hire those pretty quick, and fill out the roster. The starting roster is a lot of east coast indy guys, many of whom ended up working for ROH later - Low Ki, Little Dixie, Dan Maff, etc. On a test run, they managed to pull together pretty solid roster.

Gonna look at a few tweaks - top joshi workers need a comb-over, I think. Gonna look for a few more missing future workers. But I can't imagine there will be a ton more added.
    I've been meaning to ask, is there a way for me to stop promotions from spawning in game? I've been using the WCW Lives mod and simulating several years ahead. Seems like there are a couple of promotions at least per year that open which are totally fictional and it's honestly been a negative for me for the most part. Are they built into the database or is there a setting that controls that?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I've been meaning to ask, is there a way for me to stop promotions from spawning in game? I've been using the WCW Lives mod and simulating several years ahead. Seems like there are a couple of promotions at least per year that open which are totally fictional and it's honestly been a negative for me for the most part. Are they built into the database or is there a setting that controls that?
    I believe that it can be turned off. Probably just under Options? I think its called Organic promotions.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Thread Information