Thread: TEW 2016

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: TEW 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Starrcade 1997 in the books....

...and fuck this.

The expected happened, but it annoyed me way more than I expected. Kevin Nash refused to lose The Giant, and Hogan refused to lose to Sting. I tried every combo of road agent notes that could help and nothing did. Both have Creative Control. So it was flat out blocked. I ended up having to give Nash the win and have Hogan win the match, and Sting win the belt in a restart angle.

I figured that might happen.... but it still pretty much killed my interest in going further. The size of the roster is another factor. Much like reality, WCW is not going to easy to transform in this period.

Dunno whether I'll go further or not. Don't have any other save in mind, or it would probably be more settled. CGC in the Cverse is a thought but not luring me. And another possbility is going back to the WCW Lives mod, but switching up the product, plus making a few other small edits (like D'Lo Brown still being with the WWE, as EC made me realize he was actually contract throughout 2001 but just not appearing on TV).
    You're so bad. Maybe its time to put TEW on the shelf.

Status
      Country                    United States

BP, if you're tweaking WCW Lives, let me know. I've noticed a couple things you might want to change.

Also, what is you all's strategy on pre-booking? I mostly do it for PPVs but sometimes I forget until like the week of. Could I get more buys if I booked matches further ahead of time?

Status

The worst.

I kinda expected it, to be honest. There is a reason I have pretty much never tried WCW thru this time period. Too many negative personalities, too many issues with Creative Control, and too bloated of a roster. Not to say that its undoable - its certainly a workable situation if you have the patience and desire. But it just sapped my interest.

The WWF in the same time period would be easier in so many ways, even if dealing with HBK is a monster pain on its own.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    BP, if you're tweaking WCW Lives, let me know. I've noticed a couple things you might want to change.

Also, what is you all's strategy on pre-booking? I mostly do it for PPVs but sometimes I forget until like the week of. Could I get more buys if I booked matches further ahead of time?
    Throw em at me. Even if I don't go that direction, I am always looking to tweak it.

And no. Pre-booking doesn't impact buys or ratings. It used to work that way, and the pre-booking was essentially advertising the card in advance. But that mechanism didn't really make sense, since almost every company does that anyway. So now pre-booking is purely a booking function.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Hail To The King

Status

Playing TEW 05 with 2014 Wrestling Roster sign a whole bunch of guys like Omega, Daniels, Kevin Thorn, MCMG, Raven, Ink Inc, and like 30 others . cut like 20 guys as well debating on cutting ADR. RVD has Bill A. with him as heels and I am pushing Big E as a monsyer heel with Vickie Guerrero by his side. Trying to build NXT up to which is diffcuult cuz nxt cut half its roster I had to sign them send back down.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

No One

Status

Throw em at me. Even if I don't go that direction, I am always looking to tweak it.

And no. Pre-booking doesn't impact buys or ratings. It used to work that way, and the pre-booking was essentially advertising the card in advance. But that mechanism didn't really make sense, since almost every company does that anyway. So now pre-booking is purely a booking function.
    As NJPW has shown, pre-booking should be a factor in terms of effecting things like attendances and tbh buys/ratings.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    As NJPW has shown, pre-booking should be a factor in terms of effecting things like attendances and tbh buys/ratings.
    I think the US shows issue with the Visas is a bit of a one-offer. I'm sure there have been other shows where the card wasn't announced and tickets were sold on the company name rather than the show, resulting in disappointed fans. But its generally a poor business model and doesn't seem like its a commonality. I get what you are saying, but linking the advertising of a show to the pre-booking function is a bit limiting. Pre-booking mostly serves time-saving purposes, but making it represent something that any functioning company should be doing basically forces you to use it and punishes those who don't.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

No One

Status

I think the US shows issue with the Visas is a bit of a one-offer. I'm sure there have been other shows where the card wasn't announced and tickets were sold on the company name rather than the show, resulting in disappointed fans. But its generally a poor business model and doesn't seem like its a commonality. I get what you are saying, but linking the advertising of a show to the pre-booking function is a bit limiting. Pre-booking mostly serves time-saving purposes, but making it represent something that any functioning company should be doing basically forces you to use it and punishes those who don't.
    I think it can add another layer to the game and im all for more layers. If an indepedent company can rope in a big name and announce it ahead of time I think it should give a measurable boost to the show. If theyve got a notable name who has to miss out on the show for one reason or another, I think it should have some effect. And if you have to prebook then we can sort of circumvent the twenty clicks you have to make to figure out if this guy is showing up at your show or the other conpany with like 3 prestige more than you on the day of the show. Itll also simulate well that rush where every indie tries to book the fiest time ever indy match anytime an indy name gets big and you want to parade them around against all the other indy big names.

Certified G

Status

That's mad Hogan refused to drop the belt; I was running a WCW97 mod a while ago and think I had to use keep strong & protect for Hogan in order to get Hogan to drop the belt, it impacted the grade a good bit but it was worth it. Shame you might be dropping the save as WCW gets a lot more fun in 98, well apart from anytime Hogan must lose.

Started another WCW Lives Mod as it's usually my favorite kind of save. I noticed in the database editor there's some promotion called 'Disney Wrestling Entertainment' which seems like the modmaker threw that in, so I've bumped that up to start sometime in 2002. I think they start off with something like 50 million, so it should add something new to the game to have the WWF, WCW, DWE and TNA all going at the same time by 02, should be fun.

I just finished Halloween Havoc 01 and while the WCW roster sucks in this time period, it's not as cancerous as I remember it being.

Status

August's Uprising is now in the books. It went better than my last PPV but I still have a couple of complaints.

First off - I kinda got boned on the main event. It was set to be for the World Heavyweight Championship but because of a weight restriction on the title that I didn't know was implemented, it went down as just a singles match. I guess it's still a big match, just because it's the World Champion against the Cruiserweight Champion but I built up to it as Kidman aspiring to break through the glass ceiling and win the World Championship. Technically, he didn't even challenge for it.

But that's my biggest complaint. The rest of the show pretty much went down how I hoped it would.

Sabu debuted as a last second fill in to team with RVD against Shane Douglas and his goons Johnny Stamboli and Vito LoGrasso. This plays pretty well, because the basis of Douglas and RVD's feud was that Douglas didn't want RVD and other ECW alums coming over to WCW, because he feels like th generation of ECW guys that came after him ran that company into the ground and they'll do the same to WCW. Of course that's vanity on Franchise's part and he's looking like a bit of a chickenshit using The FBI to do his dirty work. I was considering doing a War Games match that would be RVD, Sabu, Tajiri and another ECW alum against Douglas, The FBI and another top heel, but since The FBI just aren't very good, I feel like I wouldn't want them involved because they would drag it down.

DDP beat Kanyon to cap off their years long feud in an unsanctioned I Quit match. DDP was going in with a neck injury that Kanyon caused by piledriving him on the steps, so it had to be unsanctioned from a storyline perspective. DDP beat Kanyon here, and he's going to stay off TV for a bit and come back to start a feud with Dusty who he feels put him in a dangerous situation and also robbed him of a shot at the World Championship that he believed he was owed before this match was booked. This will be the start of a new Kanyon who is still unstable, but now more a scheming disgruntled employee. I'm going to slap him with a body guard, too. Preferably someone young who hasn't been in WCW or WWE yet. I'm thinking maybe Mike Knox since I have him in development already.

Helms beat Karagias who he's been feuding with since the beginning of the game. Now Karagias is gonna head down to development while I think of what to do with him. Helms will begin feuding with Moore who was reluctantly aligned with Karagias. Helms wants to fix their relationship but Moore is tired of being second fiddle to Helms and is hellbound on getting a win over him before they can go back to being friends.

The feuds between Morrus/Jindrak and Stasiak/D'Lo are also done now. I think I'm going to repackage Morrus as DeMott and have him look to shed his comedic role and take his career more serious. Stasiak and Jindrak will continue moving up the card. D'Lo is probably just going to be settled into a midcard role going forward.

Marc Mero was brought in on a pretty short contract. Just wanted to see what he could offer. I placed him a feud with Ernest Miller and Disco Inferno that revolved around the managerial services of Midajah and the US Championship, since those characters just seemed to make sense together. Mero has an upper midcard push but he really isn't bringing much to the table. It's unlikely that I'll extend his contract once he's done and he'll probably transition into a tag team guy for the rest of his run, if I find someone I feel like pairing him with. Maybe even Disco.

I split up the Jung Dragons because I just never liked the group and I think Kaz Hayashi has a bright future as a singles guy in the cruiserweight division. Yun Yang might be headed to development for a little while. To improve himself, as well as to bolster my roster down there and hopefully draw some good grades. I think Kaz will be the next guy to take on Kidman for the CW title.

I have to make a decision, because looking down the line I want to get Rey Mysterio back in the fold once his AOL contract ends, which is in just a couple of months. I want Mysterio to face the CW Champion at Starrcade. Obviously, that's a pretty big match when it happens so I gotta go ahead and build up whoever I want him to face. Kidman is already the biggest deal in the division but him vs. Mysterio doesn't feel all that original. But it is a safe bet.

I've decided to let Chris Harris' contract expire and start pushing James Storm as a solo act. I've barely used AMW at all so far, only as a jobber team every few weeks. Storm has a lot of potential and I've always been a fan so I think he'll be easy to work up the card. AJ Styles is already making huge progress. He puts in some of the best performances of anyone on my roster who aren't main eventers. He's been piling up wins in dark matches for the past couple of months so he's ready to go solo whenever I decide to pull the trigger on that.

The only thing is with Jung Dragons breaking up, Harris soon to be gone and Air Paris probably getting his walking papers sooner than later, I really need to replenish my tag division. Luckily, I just paired up Chavo and Konnan who have excellent chemistry and since I've brought in Sabu, he and RVD can team up whenever I need them to.

Status

The belt weight limit issue must be a holdover from the original data, EC. Sorry for missing it. I don't think that would be something I would have messed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkman View Post
    That's mad Hogan refused to drop the belt; I was running a WCW97 mod a while ago and think I had to use keep strong & protect for Hogan in order to get Hogan to drop the belt, it impacted the grade a good bit but it was worth it. Shame you might be dropping the save as WCW gets a lot more fun in 98, well apart from anytime Hogan must lose.

Started another WCW Lives Mod as it's usually my favorite kind of save. I noticed in the database editor there's some promotion called 'Disney Wrestling Entertainment' which seems like the modmaker threw that in, so I've bumped that up to start sometime in 2002. I think they start off with something like 50 million, so it should add something new to the game to have the WWF, WCW, DWE and TNA all going at the same time by 02, should be fun.

I just finished Halloween Havoc 01 and while the WCW roster sucks in this time period, it's not as cancerous as I remember it being.
    I'm not 100% done with the WCW save. Its still the time period that I'm vibing the most, and neither the WWF (locked in group of next generation stars) nor ECW (fight for survival) are overly appealing. I just haven't done anything for a few days. Seeing it if something else takes my interest but it hasn't. Might go back to the save and see if booking a couple of shows gets the interest going again.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Thread Information