Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: TEW 2016

Status

Re: TEW 2016

The balancing aspect is definitely a bit grating with BCG. Its having the patience to get thru the grind and well into 2017.

Watching NXT and NXT UK is definitely driving what kind of save I feel intrigued by right now, but its not new. I think its what I've been trying to find for the last while. The NXT link is just about wanting to be able to tell fairly simple stories and have good wrestling. Just can't quite find that exact right fit. An SE or even a TCW type product would work. A solid roster, but room to build. Not a roster that needs an immediate overhaul or is seriously bloated. Financial stability. A situation where I'm not having to worry about every star being stolen would be nice.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The balancing aspect is definitely a bit grating with BCG. Its having the patience to get thru the grind and well into 2017.

Watching NXT and NXT UK is definitely driving what kind of save I feel intrigued by right now, but its not new. I think its what I've been trying to find for the last while. The NXT link is just about wanting to be able to tell fairly simple stories and have good wrestling. Just can't quite find that exact right fit. An SE or even a TCW type product would work. A solid roster, but room to build. Not a roster that needs an immediate overhaul or is seriously bloated. Financial stability. A situation where I'm not having to worry about every star being stolen would be nice.
    NOTBPW / TCW are your best options in CVerse I think (although you lose a lot of top stars with TCW if you dont play as owner).

PWI is the option if you want to play on Thunderverse.

I think with both, aside from dealing with 2hr shows, you can probably run a company similar to NXT/NXT UK. I've had very similar temptations, ngl.

I also think you could run any of WCW/TNA/ROH like that in the WCW Lives mod.

No One

Status

21CW World Tag Team and World Champion Leigh Burton has just signed with BCG. The clash with Funakoshi should be spectacular I would like to have him get popular enough for PGHW or BHOTWG to give him a run.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jon View Post
    NOTBPW / TCW are your best options in CVerse I think (although you lose a lot of top stars with TCW if you dont play as owner).

PWI is the option if you want to play on Thunderverse.

I think with both, aside from dealing with 2hr shows, you can probably run a company similar to NXT/NXT UK. I've had very similar temptations, ngl.

I also think you could run any of WCW/TNA/ROH like that in the WCW Lives mod.
    Too serious of a product feels limiting. And while I realize I can move away from the default product - it is a game after all - that always feels a bit "cheap" to me and tends to sink a save for me. TCW is a good balance in that regard for me, but PWI often feels a bit too... "strict".... in terms of character and storyline.

So some I've considered....

Cverse

SWF - just didn't grab me when I was toying around with them. The 2005 mod makes them way too easy. I think the best balance for the SWF might be the 2014 version but I don't really wanna dump a bunch of time into updating that.

TCW - as a company, its almost ideal. Its place in the Cverse makes it less appealing. Building new stars because the top of the card is aging is fun and cool. Doing so because every star will be stolen.... less fun.

CGC - I've had some fun saves with them and they work in a lot of ways, even if the in-ring is a bit light for my tastes. But all DeColt all the time gets old.... but its the only real way to succeed with them.

21CW - never paid them much attention, but having Tommy Cornell automatically makes them intriguing. The sheer size of the roster makes them less appealing.

RAW - I have pretty much never looked at Australia in any mod. RAW looks like it could be kinda interesting, but the region doesn't have tons of talent to look to. I think it would mostly be hoping for the game to generate quality new random workers. about half of the roster is re-renders but some of the default renders in Australia are a style that never really appealed to me much.

Tverse

AWF - poked them recently and they are tempting.... in certain ways. The starting scenario - just sold, new ownership - makes it interesting in the sense that you could take them in any direction. Easy to book. A diva-ish women's division doesn't appeal but rebuilding it does. Creating a tag division of note appeals. And the Tverse offers TONS of quality young talent - which is usually hard for me in the sense that I lack self control and sign everyone.

PWI - about equally interesting as the AWF. The heavy-hand of Shane Allman always feels a bit limiting for me. Harder to book than the AWF due to its product and harder to build new stars.

Real World

WCW / ROH / TNA - honestly, booking WCW in 2001 doesn't appeal right now. With slow planning on a project, that would probably kill that. ROH is probably too small for what I want - stars will be stolen on a regular basis. Same with TNA / Impact, and honestly I've gotten so disgusted with the company in reality that I pretty never feel that intrigued to run them in reality

ECW - I've toyed with this idea a few times, in a few different time periods. But too much roster attrition.

WWF 97 - this would probably be the most appealing RW situation but it doesn't have me eager to even go digging around in the 97 mod, let alone fire up a save and try it out.

So basically I am finding a flaw or two with every option I consider. Which is obviously down to me being overly-picky and over-thinking it all. Going to keep forward with BCG for the moment.

Leigh Burton is an interesting addition. Dig it.

No One

Status

I wanted to figure out the math to how long it would take us to get to our TV deal at minimum (because the industry/economy is so dead right now, we get .1 pop at most per show).

So we need to reach 30 in each region = 240 pop (since we've got 8 regions).

240 pop minus our current pop in each region (max 30 for the regions where we are above that) = 84.3

At the rate of .1 per show, it'll take us 843 shows to get to that TV deal. At the rate of 6 shows per month (since 3 out of out 9 monthly shows are in our most popular regions), it'll take us 15.6 years to get to that TV deal. At most.

Here's to hoping the economy/industry gets so high this all becomes negligible and we're getting like .8 pop gain per show. Here's to hoping. Right now its at 13 & 13 but rising so we're stuck with planning for the worst.

Status

That is some pain inducing math. Only 15 years!

I've seen what some others have said in the BCG said and I think it should be doable in 2017. Of course every save is a bit different, but.... that gives me a bit of hope, at least.

Thinking about real world mods and save options got me thinking about Noah 2001 again. Last time I started up a save, it was the "grindy" feel that made me hesitate and start looking at other options. Basically the roster only has a few legit talented guys, a lot of sorta-talented midcard guys, and then a few future stars who are a long ways away. But looking back, that grindy is way less grindy than the BCG grindy. Noah starts at Cult, can offer written deals, has TV and broadcast deals, and have $5 million in the bank. So while I was losing money on the first few shows, money should not be the same level of concern as it is for BCG. Would still have the quicker, structured booking that puro companies offer. Tournaments (although Noah started them later), super juniors (not the flippity floppity kind), units....

Not abandoning BCG just yet - I would still like to finish out 2016 and I'm just starting August - but that or maybe one of the ThunderVerse companies seem the most likely next save.

Until I change my mind again

No One

Status

Figure out what our next game is so I can start it tonight.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jon View Post
    Figure out what our next game is so I can start it tonight.
    I would tell ya if I new lol

Still haven't moved forward on the BCG save. I've had a bit of time this week, but honestly haven't done much gaming of any sort. Been a kind of burnout week - get home after work and overtime and have a couple of hours to chill, but mainly just watching shit. Last night, I dove into the 2001 Alt-Alt mod and poked around. Noah still intrigues but it didn't GRAB me. The other two options I have considered the most are PWI and the AWF from the ThunderVerse and while I looked over them on the weekend, I didn't even have the urge to go look again last night.

So I'm still kinda in the same place. Most likely to keep going a bit further with BCG but its heavy-grind nature makes me think I'm not sticking it out to hit Cult, kill of GCG, get national TV deals, save up enough money to create a broadcaster outside of Japan, turn Fuankosh into the greatest puro wrestler of all time, charge towards International, etc.

Status

Mulling the save options while sitting at work on a break. Some random thoughts....

Noah - 2001

Positives

-Kenta FUCKING Kobashi

-Mitsuharu Misawa. As a user character, no less

-loads of prospects - KENTA, Naomichi Marafuji, Takeshi Morishima, Takeshia Rikio, Takashia Suguira. And Go Shiozaki debuts down the road

-young company with a new history to build. Not quite from scratch, but they have basically one year in the books at the start of the mod.

-able to bring in some mega talents on tour. Joe, Danielson, Corino, etc. Could sign em on Written deals, but that's not realistic and therefore feels rather cheap.

-the units have awesome names. Sternness. Burning. WAVE. Okay, less so WAVE. But still....

-there is a decent amount of money in the bank, so the financial limitations of BCG are less of a factor.

-can sign Tomohirio Ishii and he becomes loyal. Fuck yeah.

-super juniors. But not really super juniors. Mostly more of a proper junior heavyweight division. Which is appealing. And Noah hasn't done a lot of masked flier types, but no reason I can't do a bit of that.

-the main overall intent would be to transition Noah from the All Japan generation to a new generation, with Jun Akiyama basically being a transition between. This is where Noah failed and why they never built on from the those early years and the great run that Kobashi had in the mid to later 00s.

Negatives

-booking puro can get grindy

-top of the card is a bit thin. Misawa, Kobashi and Akiyama are the pillars, with Takayama just a step below and active in MMA. There are other talents, but they lack the combo of popularity and skill to headline without careful booking.

-building up the plethora of prospects will take time. And grindin

-one real frustrating factor... the Japanese scene in 2001 is not exactly LOADED with young talent that be signed, at least not in comparison to the Cverse and Tverse. Both of those offer likely stars who can be signed and become loyal, as well as ones who become midcard workhorses. The best you can do is probably Ishii, who is more workhorse than star. 2K1 has a lot of guys who are loyal to smaller companies, like Daisuke Sekimoto and the first generation of Toryumon guys, who you can bring in but can't keep unless you manage to dislodge them or their main company of choice dies.

-Jon mentioned that one of the things he struggles with in real world companies he doesn't know well is having a handle on the dynamics. Not just the main players, but across the board. And that's true for me as well. Between watching some early Noah and chatting with Zero, I have a better handle on Noah in this period, its mistakes and so on. But I absolutely do not have a handle on every worker, so there are plenty who will end up being underused. Especially if my focus is on building up the young guys.

Status

So Jon is back to messing around with WCW in 2001, and IGNORED my demands for him to update us in here.

I'm feeling less and less likely to keep going further with Black Canvas. Same problem Jon ran into - just too much of a slow grind, the finances are frustrating, and not enough variance with the booking. You have to focus so heavily on a small group of loyal talent, have to expect to lose everyone else, and the younger guys you sign who gain loyalty mostly take time to build up.

I spent some time last night in the ThunderVerse. I was mainly looking at Pro Wrestling HONOR again. Its a fairly similar situation to the Pro Wrestling NOAH walkout, but from the biggest company in Japan, not the second biggest. HONOR has a couple really good vets, some younger stares, and a couple of the best female wrestlers. The women's division makes it unique, and it also has a junior division. There are a couple of workers on the starting roster than I like, but no one that makes me WANT to book, the way Funakoshi and Razan Okamoto do. Although to be fair, I didn't love those guys until trying BCG. The ThunderVerse has TONS of talent, but honestly there are not THAT many Japanese workers I'd view as "must sign". A handful, but quite a few are "useful if they develop" types or have a significant negative, like a shit personality.

Right now, that looks more appealing than PWI or the AWF. And Noah 2K1 is probably the most appealing of all. Its similar in a lot of ways to HONOR, but without the women's division. Like I bitched about yesterday, there is less young talent you can snap up but its a Cult company to start with, so I guess I don't need 20 sure-fire future stars to sign up right at the start.

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So Jon is back to messing around with WCW in 2001, and IGNORED my demands for him to update us in here.

I'm feeling less and less likely to keep going further with Black Canvas. Same problem Jon ran into - just too much of a slow grind, the finances are frustrating, and not enough variance with the booking. You have to focus so heavily on a small group of loyal talent, have to expect to lose everyone else, and the younger guys you sign who gain loyalty mostly take time to build up.

I spent some time last night in the ThunderVerse. I was mainly looking at Pro Wrestling HONOR again. Its a fairly similar situation to the Pro Wrestling NOAH walkout, but from the biggest company in Japan, not the second biggest. HONOR has a couple really good vets, some younger stares, and a couple of the best female wrestlers. The women's division makes it unique, and it also has a junior division. There are a couple of workers on the starting roster than I like, but no one that makes me WANT to book, the way Funakoshi and Razan Okamoto do. Although to be fair, I didn't love those guys until trying BCG. The ThunderVerse has TONS of talent, but honestly there are not THAT many Japanese workers I'd view as "must sign". A handful, but quite a few are "useful if they develop" types or have a significant negative, like a shit personality.

Right now, that looks more appealing than PWI or the AWF. And Noah 2K1 is probably the most appealing of all. Its similar in a lot of ways to HONOR, but without the women's division. Like I bitched about yesterday, there is less young talent you can snap up but its a Cult company to start with, so I guess I don't need 20 sure-fire future stars to sign up right at the start.
    I'm still early in my WCW game and I want to see if there's any chance of me running a BTB with it (would depend on if I'm able to reach 2002) before I start loosely posting in here about my booking plans. The first Nitro went really well, I'm also running a second show riffing off WCW Worldwide that's mostly there to get me sufficient pop internationally so that I can start adding extra networks to my broadcasting list. I just need 4 X 41 in Japan and fortunately WCW start with 40 in all of Japan. So that should be done by the end of the year. It's a bit tougher for Australia & Europe which will have suffered and degraded by the point in which I'm done in Japan but it is what it is. I'm mostly sticking to using lower card guys or guys I don't have immediate plans for. I've got working agreements with nearly every company not called WWF so it's also a fun chance to use some random guys while I'm at it. I've had Daisuke Sekimoto in, and Tomohiro Ishii/Tomoaki Honma have actually been signed to contracts. They'll be working the Japan shows exclusively for now.

I've got a lot of things I'd like to try long term: a Top Prospect tournament that will be a sort of combination of Tough Enough (started in 2001)/NXT (original)/ROH's Top Prospect tournament. It'll be an excuse for me to use some indy darlings without having to be too unrealistic in their addition to WCW Nitro. Eventually, I'd love to have a Women's Revolution, Cruiserweight tournament, and all that good stuff. I'm not playing a super realistic game where I'm conscious of politics and dynamics but I'm still trying to show a bit of restrain in how I'm behaving. While I'm not sticking strictly to WCW past and for now I'm sort of using that "bad memory" booking style of WWE, I am occasionally reading up on a worker's past with WCW to influence current elements of their story.

I've brought back the WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships immediately (how come Kidman/Mysterio aren't the last champions) because you actually have quite a bit of Cruiser pairings to start (okay, maybe just three).

I've made other tweaks to how BP has WCW set up, mostly minor. I took off face/heel divide, I don't care for booking around those. I've lowered Mainstream to Medium because I don't like dealing with the storyline mechanic.

Jotted down a few things I'd like to run: "Devil's Advocate" Sean O'Haire, all the hammy dark storylines WWE never ran by using guys like Abyss/Raven/Hade Vansen/Kevin Thorn/etc, do a better Nexus, have a better invasion-esque storyline (no, it won't involve ECW), have a more legitimized world title. I definitely want to have stables be a heavy feature so 4 Horsemen/NWO are likely to make returns, my own iterations of Bullet Club/Shield/Elite/Straight Edge Society/Legacy/etc, will appear over time.

--

HONOUR has a really sweet roster, how could you hate it on it. I always like to see Dagger Ito come into power as head booker of HONOUR because I never understood why he wasn't involved from the get go. So some awesome things about HONOUR imo to hopefully motivate you: Kenta Sonada is the GOAT; you have the Naomichi Marufuji to Sonada's theoretical Misawa in Katushiko Ishii and you have to wonder if he'll be able to live up to that man's legacy; Dagger Ito may not be on the roster but his heir is in Tahiji Ebisawa so while he's currently teaming with Ishii, you also know you've got a really awesome rivalry that can brew between them; you've got Yuto Shiba who gives me Shibata vibes, he's in the King's Road unit but with Sonada favouring Ishii and with Ishii's BFF being Ebisawa, you have to think Shiba wants out of that shadow and he's got the in-ring skills to do it, Nobuhisa Yasutake is a bit of a blank canvas but I like him as the guy who has no allegiance but definitely the SQ to steal HONOUR from under everyone's nose, I think that giving him that blonde makeover a la Okada could be the trigger for your new megastar, that's not even coming up on HONOUR's Samoa Joe Atonga, and British Bulldog James Gimour. There's so many directions you can go with that heavyweight division.

Junior Division is a bit on the thin side but there's enough juiciness there to still make it worthwhile: D'anton Joubert is basically a combination of Drew Gulak/Zack Sabre Jr and could be incredibly fun to push and contrast to the more traditional juniors, Fergus Storms and his million face paints are obvious Prince Devitt similarities so there's room to go the Bullet Club route with him what with so many great heavyweight gaijins, Kamikaze got Junior ace written all over him and Smile Masuda has good enough a render and gimmick to make him a solid worker even if he isn't the best, Magobei Morita is basically a cross between KUSHIDA and KENTA I think, he'll be your straight Super Junior worker who is forever reliable and consistent.

Women's Division has the obvious two gems: Mai-Li Kato which I probably instantly saddle with a Boss gimmick (Sasha Banks in NXT), W.M.D. which is the dominant hoss that's near impossible to beat. Tegan Meritt & Cassidy Gilmour are the ones who probably need to eventually go over W.M.D. and possible the division's ace. I feel like you have to sign Jess Hart at some point because those five could have some brilliant matches.

HONOUR is really awesome. I think they're much more interesting than BCG to be honest and their position as a cult company with the GOAT makes them a really stable company to use imo.

Status

Wasn't to disparage HONOUR. Its just that I don't know the roster that well. That synopsis definitely helped. I might spent a bit more time poking around with it, as it might be a better choice than Noah 2k1 at the moment.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Out of curiosity, do either of you have a guideline for balance when it comes to workers and their skills? I'm doing a thing that relies somewhat heavily on newly-created workers and I'm wondering what the best method for balancing their skills is. I don't want to create a bunch of OP workers with A+ in all skills in the database, so would it be better recommended to start a game, wait for the game to spit out a new generic worker, then edit his cosmetic stats - name, picture, etc - to suit whatever character I have in mind for them? Or put their stats in an offline randomizer and set them as whatever it spits out? Idk.

♫ ~ Anywhere, just not here ~ ♫

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Out of curiosity, do either of you have a guideline for balance when it comes to workers and their skills? I'm doing a thing that relies somewhat heavily on newly-created workers and I'm wondering what the best method for balancing their skills is. I don't want to create a bunch of OP workers with A+ in all skills in the database, so would it be better recommended to start a game, wait for the game to spit out a new generic worker, then edit his cosmetic stats - name, picture, etc - to suit whatever character I have in mind for them? Or put their stats in an offline randomizer and set them as whatever it spits out? Idk.
    It depends. The game doesn't seem to have an internal logic as to how it distributes stats when it creates a wrestler, that is, sometimes you'll have insane high flyers with zero athleticism, or tremendous brawlers with no power. The stats don't really seem internally consistent. Which, tbf, depending on how serious you're taking this file, might not matter.

I think the best thing to do would be to have guys you'd like to emulate from say a RW mod or even the CV. If you want a guy whose not amazing in the ring but is an insane talker with amazing SQ and can probably get over solely with careful booking then El Fuerza from SOTBPW would be a great option, if you want a future Sports Entertainment Hoss/Monster than Scythe is a good option to emulate, if you want a rising technician than Pavel Vazyncha would be a good base, if you want someone who'll inevitably become the GOAT worker of all time but isn't quite there as an entertainer yet than Helikaon/KC Glenn is an option. So yeah, that would be my personal logic in terms of how to make workers that aren't OP but still can be good. Then you just play around with those stats and what not.

Status

The game does have a character creation logic for randomly generated workers. But its not ideal. Earlier versions had no such logic and spit out almost exclusively useless workers. Super Heavyweights with F+ strength, a super junior with no athleticism, high flashy, zero Aerial. You don't see that as much anymore. There are still some weird combinations created, but those outliers are intentional. Kinda like the freak players in FM.

That said, Jon's suggestion of looking thru some other mods and importing workers that fit your preferred model and then just change the details seems like a safe bet. With random worker generation, there is decent chance you get usable workers, but if they are young, they will be very green. I don't think I've ever seen a randomly generated worker on TEW 2016 that was young but popped up with high starting Psychology, or that has across the board strong top row skills.

Status

Jon talking about WCW definitely stokes my love for that scenario, but I doubt I'd get very far into a save this time either. So I'll resist the urge and plot a BTB instead.

KENTA leaving the WWE and likely going back to Japan has been discussed on some podcasts I listen to. Which made me want to try Noah again all the more. Having him grow into the junior ace, eventually moving to heavyweight, tagging with Kobashi as part of Burning, then eventually having to go over the legend to prove himself. That alone would make for a fun save.

Then there is building up Morishima, doing more with Wild II (Morishima and Rikio), the rise of Marufuji, building up Sugiura, and making Tomohiro Ishii into a Noah legend.... There are enough long-term arcs to keep things interesting for years. That's a big part of why I was toying with the possibility of doing a BTB for Noah.

HONOUR is honestly a bit similar. Maybe a lot similar. I didn't TEW much over the weekend but I did look at the Tverse some more. AWF still holds some appeal - again, the easiness of Sports Entertainment. And I also have some story arc ideas for certain characters. But not enough for enough of the roster to make me really want to dive in immediately.

Jon's reprimand of me being dismissive of HONOUR was actually very helpful in terms of getting a better feel for the roster. I would probably end up booking a month or two to get a feel for the company, then restarting - almost always have a test save before a proper save. I still feel like the Tverse has fewer "possible star" signings available in Japan than in the Cverse and even the 2K1 mod. And the 2K1 mod has TONS of workers debuting going forward, some of whom would probably be stealable.

Status

So I was going back and forth between Noah and HONOUR. Jon pushed me toward HONOUR. And then I got distracted...

The AWF. I was listening to some tunes before bed the other night, found a couple that I thought would make excellent entrance themes, and that basically took me down a rabbit hole. But a productive rabbit hole.

I've realized that I tend to do a couple of things I need to adjust.

The first happens with an entertainment-heavy company. I go too heavy with strong angles. That sounds like a weird "problem", but bear with me. If I have a storyline featuring my world champion and a top challenger. I will have an angle for both of them on the show. Probably a promo, maybe a vignette or gimmicky angle (talk show or something). At least one and possibly both is going to be in a match. Now, that's not particularly problematic - they are almost certainly among my most popular workers and that means the grades for those angles will be good. In a company like the AWF, those are easy A grade and those angles can pretty much carry the show. Where it gets a bit more problematic is that I tend to do that for almost all the stories I am running. The majority of angles I run on a show will be related to an on-going storyline and the majority of storylines I have running will have more than one segment per show. That's just not necessary. For anything but the storylines with the very top workers, one segment to advance things is enough. That will leave me with a couple of segments per show to play with for other workers. I think I started doing this a long time ago, when I wasn't booking for a BTB project so the exact show to show segments mattered a bit less, and found this made for the strongest overall show grades. Its not a big change but I want to try to adjust.

The second problem is something I'm aware of. But I'm starting to realize I do it on real world mod saves in some circumstances, not just ones with fictional worlds / workers / companies. I always want to make sure that I've taken the time to flesh out workers at the top of the card, and typically the guys I want to build up. But the lower half of the card doesn't always get that treatment. And if I haven't taken the time to flesh out a worker beyond what the in-game profile provides, then I don't tend to do as much with the worker. They float and don't get pushed. That's not necessarily a bad thing, especially if they are a lower card talent who isn't really good enough to be more than that. But I'd like to go further. The easiest way to "flesh out" a fictional worker is to connect them to a real world worker. That doesn't mean you use them AS THAT RW worker, but simply that it gives you a basis. Suddenly you have an idea of what they would be like in a match or angle and that generally means they get used more and better.

Taking the time to look at a given fictional worker and find someone that they are kinda similar to just takes some time and effort. But I know that if I just look at the AWF female wrestler Dana as a decent wrestler with some potential who uses a Bubbly Babyface gimmick, she is probably just going to thrown in random multi-tags. But if I say, "Hey, this one kinda reminds me of Bayley in certain ways".... BOOM. Her usage has more purpose now.

So I am trying to do that for the entire roster. And its connecting them to WWE talent. Can be anyone. Indy workers, talent from the past, even non-wrestlers in some situations. I want to do that for the full AWF roster and the talent in FAW. I want to try to find entrance themes for all of them - a small touch, but one I enjoy and find fleshes things out even further. And I want to decide on short-term and long-term usage intent. Its going to mean more set-up time for the save, but I think it makes for a save that feels more fulsome and complete once I do have it rolling.

No One

Status

AWF has a really good roster and honestly, finding comparisons/entrance musics/finishers/nicknames are extremely critical in my getting into rosters and having a sort of guideline as to how to book a character.

The way I plot for sports entertainment companies, and for the record, I barely play as them is slightly similar/different. I basically just have a walk through of how the storyline will build towards the PPV on a week to week basis, I don't usually toss in a random "Booker T interview backstage" angle in it though. Sometimes when I'm done booking a show and I realize I have a space for an extra segment, I'll totally toss in a more tradition interviewing angle and if it's a PPV, I'll also toss one in more deliberately. But anyways, I do a week to week build on basically every match, some of these builds are thinner than others, and some intertwine, but they usually all have some measure of a weekly progress. Usually, I also have some minutes left for extra segments so I'll pop in a vignette or something for extra workers but I want to get in the habit of having more "throwaway" segments where guys from different storylines can have a quick interaction of some sort that doesn't directly build to anything. This makes it easier for me to charge through the month and get through all the shows.

I think AWF does a pretty great job in making guys top to bottom on a roster looks interesting. I had a bit more issues with CVerse in terms of having a ridiculous amount of bland guys I don't really want to work with. When I was doing WCW, I basically just pointed out who I care to actually use and who would basically be throwaway jobbers till their contracts ran out. Guys like Alan Funk, Johnny The Bull, Ernest Miller, Hugh Morrus, Jason Jett, etc. Now, I could probably find a way to make use of these guys but there's some RW talent I'd like to bake into the roster over time and that's not real easy with a lot of deadweight I don't actually care about.

One thing I need to do that you've mentioned is also probably figure out the long term intent of some of the guys on the roster. I've got a lot of note downs of ideas I'd like to experiment with but I don't really have a sort of destination thing for all of the roster. So I'll put in some time to figuring that out.

Thread Information