Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: TEW 2016

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: TEW 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So booked through Heritage last night. Not super-far yet, obviously. Lost $65K, which is a bit worrying. Would have lost more if I didn't realize the AI was trying to have me run the event in a region where we have less popularity. Attendance would have been about 1000. Switched it to our home region, which is our strongest (Kinki) and attendance was 3200. Big difference.

My concern at this point is the roster size. We are losing 3 more workers to CGC, and I've cut a couple of the less useful veterans. I definitely oversigned on the young guys who can become loyal but those are mostly on smaller contracts and some are like $200 per appearance and $200 downside. So if I don't use them at all, I'm paying $200 to keep them and really, that's a pretty sweet deal. I have a couple of folks I took on touring deals to leverage them away from CGC so I will sign them on PPA when the tour ends and they should become loyal. And then I have a couple of touring deals with folks who are on PPAs with companies other than CGC, so the touring deal didn't leverage them to leave. I could end those touring deals but I'll wait and see how the money goes as I go forward.

We are now starting the Road to TagMania Tour, which I think I'm just going to do as an 8 team tournament. I prefer the idea of a proper grand prix and would have enough shows to run it (I think), but that would mean bigger shows with more matches, which would lose more money. So for this one, I'll keep it simple. And I'll make a title for it. Not just TagMania, but Big Battle TagMania to make it a bit more fun.

The one thing that has me concerned is that the Maeda Grand Prix in April. March is a rest month. The event for April is in the 2nd week. So once the tour starts, I would have less than 2 weeks to actually run the grand prix. That's.... tight. Simple solution is moving the event to later in the month. Dark Raider also started the GP matches in February, after TagMania, which I should probably emulate.
    I totally alter starting dates for events if they don't really make sense. I genuinely believe there are some stuff of the CV that are half-hearted and a close eye hasn't been put on it and stuff like that is definitely part of it.

Do you usually allow the AI to auto-choose the event location? I always feel compelled to choose, myself.

Status

Re: TEW 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jon View Post
    I totally alter starting dates for events if they don't really make sense. I genuinely believe there are some stuff of the CV that are half-hearted and a close eye hasn't been put on it and stuff like that is definitely part of it.

Do you usually allow the AI to auto-choose the event location? I always feel compelled to choose, myself.
    To really understand all the ins and outs of a company, you really do need to run it for a time period. Modding has taught me that. And I don't think Ryland has time for that. And the beta testing process - both the closed and the public versions - are focused on the game mechanics, not the Cverse.

I generally allow the AI to pick the tour location because the logic for that is pretty solid now. It allows me to ensure I cover the whole of Japan. If I look at it, I find it hard not to pick the region where we have the most popularity, because the will mean we make the most money. That matters with BCG. But without TV coverage, its important to hit every region or you start to decline. Running most or all of the shows in the home region is one approach but I'd prefer to spread the popularity by hitting each region fairly regularly.

El Horse posted a bit more about his running of BCG and it made me a bit more confident of being allow to make this situation work.

Thread Information