Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: TEW 2016

Status

Re: TEW 2016

Yeah, same EC. The value is there if you pour a ton of hours into it, which I always tend to do with TEW. Although at this point, I get a freebie copy for beta testing. But is much like FM - its a bit pricey but when you pour a thousand hours of gaming into it......

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

If you're looking for a slightly cheaper version with less features, there is TEW2013 on Steam right now, as well as 2010. I've put over 700 hours on 2010...

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

Earlier versions are the same fundamental game and function essentially the same. Newer versions just have more features. More control over things, more options, etc.

And for no particular reason, an update on the save I'm looking at.

So Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods is the biggest Japanese companies in the CornellVerse, the default data. They are very similar, in my ways, to New Japan Pro Wrestling. But the canon makes them unique if you look past those similarities. Its a National-sized company with both a heavyweight and super junior division. It uses a style that is pretty similar to the Strong Style typical of New Japan, and has had plenty of MMA infusion over the years as well.

A brief CornellVerse history in Japan - Golden Canvas Grappling opened in 1960. Burning Hammer opened in 1966. Both were build around heavyweights and a fairly traditional in-ring style. They were immediate rivals and went head-to-head throughout the 70s. The ace of Burning Hammer, Master Kitozon, would become a cultural icon in Japan, and masked super junior Elemental would begin to revolutionize the company in-ring. Burning Hammer surged ahead in the 1980s, even with the passing of Kitozon. Elemental was joined by talent like Hooded Kudo, Optimus, and American stars Sam Keith and Dread. Elemental and Optimus would form a super junior rivalry for the ages, putting on classic matches, including a 1984 clash that is still considered amongst the greatest ever. While BHOTWG evolved, GCG refused to change and got left behind. That left BH without a genuine challenger until the formation of Pride Honor Glory Wrestling in 1996, a work-rate heavy company using the King's Road style (think mid to late 90s All Japan). Burning Hammer faced a crisis in 2006 when a number of top stars, including ace Tadiyaka Kikkawa walked out on the company over frustrations that Burning Hammer wanted to limit MMA influences on the in-ring product. Kikkawa formed INSPIRE, which would rival Burning Hammer for a time with a shoot style product. Their success was short lived and Kikkawa and the other "rebels" would return to Burning Hammer in 2014 in a shocking moment that saw the existing CEO of Burning Hammer ousted by a backstabbing friend. The latest big change to the company was in 2015, when Burning Hammer looked to switch from a traditional touring schedule to a standard western one built around TV, which angered traditionalists.

I really don't like the change to a non-touring scheduling so will likely switch it back at the start of the save. The split roster due to the two divisions makes for a pretty big roster, but with touring shows and an impactful product, you need that. Burning Hammer have one existing tournament, the Best of the Super Juniors. I will likely add several more, and a lot of the touring shows will be build around a combination of tournament matches and multi-man tags. There are already a couple of stables in the company, so I will be adding a few more. Makes for easy simple feuds.

The starting age of a lot of the top stars means the company needs some revival. There are already some future stars in the company, and a number of others that can be stolen from other Japanese companies. Japan has the loyalty mechanism in effect, which means you can't permanently steal talent from other companies if they are loyal to that company. The goal is to gradually transition the heavyweight division to embrace the younger talent more. And to try to build up the super junior division so they can potentially headline.

A few things....

-tours will run three months, with one month off in-between. So off in January, touring February thru April, off in May, etc
    -Burning Hammer had a developmental company in Hinote Dojo, which was originally started by Master Kitozon. It closed in 2015, so I will be looking to open one or two developmental companies to help build up a new generation.
    -one of the most fun things is the super junior divisions. There are tons of C-Verse renders with masks so coming up with characters is something I quit enjoy.
    -an upside to the touring schedule is that you can offer touring contracts. They are non-exclusive contracts that run the length of the next tour. That makes it easy to bring in extra bodies and gaijin talent for an extended "tryout"
    -plenty of re-renders have New Japan inspiration, which is kinda cool. I always find a fictional company and fictional worker easier to connect to if you link them to real world. So saying "H-Bomb" Hirooki Nakasawa is similar to Kenta Kobashi makes me instantly want to do more with Nakasawa. I don't go TOO far with this, as C-Verse characters are not meant to be merely avatars for real workers, but you can see connections for sure.
    -already created a tracking spreadsheet, which I find helpful when booking a big company
    -one of my favorite aspects of Burning Hammer is that they use a lot of epic imagery. They have show titles like Sword of Destiny, Night of the Burning Hammers, etc. I mean, the company name alone screams grandiose fantasy. Its fun to run with those ideas and use similar imagery
    -Japan is an interesting place in the C-Verse. Loads of talent. Diverse companies. But they tend to fail as the economy takes a big hit before too long. So might be able to snap up companies and talent if I want.
    -Burring Hammer are rich. Like, RRIIICCCHHHH. So can open a broadcaster right off the start if want. But not too big of one. Which will make it costly to expand. Or I can wait and build up a big war chest so I can open up a bigger broadcaster with more coverage. Strategy strategy....

Thread Information