Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: TEW 2016

Status

Re: TEW 2016

Disappointing, EC.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    Hey guys.

Im wanting to do a WCW save around the time Russo takes over (Sep/Oct 99).

Does anyone know of any mods for this time period?

if not what can you suggest as settings (prestige, momentum, pop etc) for wcw and WWF as my other option is to edit the 1998 art of war mod I downloaded again. Thanks
    Hive's Clash of the Titans starts in 1994. Good mod. Can't recall what month, though. Can find it on the Mod Squad Discord server.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    @Yuri - Sucks about Pillman but that's the price you pay if you want someone that problematic to be the face of your company. Hopefully he and Hardy come around. And what's this you're doing with Mitchell, Nakano and Bam Bam? Sounds fucking epic.
    First off, sucks to hear about ECW dying, but at least you made it last nearly as long as it did. Hopefully you can get USPW to rise up to Cult and not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Also, yep, James Mitchell is the manager of Bull Nakano and Bam Bam Bigelow. Just thinking about it, it's awesome.

There's really only one mod that takes place in 1999, Franchiser, but it's in January. It's Valadrix's 1999 - Turning Tides mods.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

99. I saw 94 when I read it this morning. Jesus, I can't post first thing in the morning anymore. Ignore the Clash of the Titans suggestion.

Yuri nailed it. There was a really nice work-in-progress 2000 mod for TEW 2013 but it never got finished or properly ported over. I toyed around with finishing it one point but its a fuck-ton of work TBH.

Status
      Country                    United States

This game is spinning out of control. Mankind just got fired from WWF for getting caught hiring prostitutes.

In other news, I think the gap between WCW and WWF is widening significantly. WCW recently asked fans to bring anti-WWF signs to the event but it backfired and they got a lot of pro-WWF signs instead. The list of guys WWF have hired over from WCW now includes Alex Wright, Juventud Guerrera, Goldberg and Mr. Perfect, to go along with Benoit, Malenko, Show, Hogan and Piper who they scooped up a while back. WCW still has a pretty good amount of top level talent but they're not even close to WWF in that regard and most of their main eventers, such as Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Lex Luger, Randy Savage and Ric Flair, are most likely on the decline right now.

Here's an update on the champions of the big two...

WWF

World Heavyweight: Triple H (first reign, defeated Hogan)
    Intercontinental: Farooq
    European: Samu
    Light Heavyweight: MEN's Teioh
    Tag Team: Droz and X-Pac (second reign)

WCW

World Heavyweight: Sting
    United States: Stevie Ray
    Television: Ernest Miller
    Cruiserweight: Yun Yang
    Tag Team: Ernest Miller and Glacier (guess Glacier is a comedy act now)

As for my own company, things are trucking along nicely, I've held about five events so far and they've all been C- which is more than good enough to boost my popularity each time. I had to fire Orton because he kept trying to fight people. I'm bringing in Takeshi Morishima to have a feud with Masato Tanaka and then Samoa Joe most likely, so I look forward to that.

Status

So been toying with an ECW save. Couldn't settle on the December 97 start date (Montreal Aftermath) or September 95 (War of the Worlds). The earlier date has some appeals - you can sign the likes of Steve Austin and The Rock. But I can't imagine you would keep them that long before the big boys would come calling. Plus, the War of the Worlds scales a bit higher with worker skills, so leaning toward 97.

EC, curious if you changed the Production levels with ECW in your save? I ran a few shows and lost money. But then I realized almost all of the production values could drop, except for Broadcast Quality, which had to go up. That looks like it will save a big chunk of money per show. And still well ahead of any rivals. I haven't run any shows since I made the change, but curious if this will help make the company profitable. Or lose less money, at least.

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    So been toying with an ECW save. Couldn't settle on the December 97 start date (Montreal Aftermath) or September 95 (War of the Worlds). The earlier date has some appeals - you can sign the likes of Steve Austin and The Rock. But I can't imagine you would keep them that long before the big boys would come calling. Plus, the War of the Worlds scales a bit higher with worker skills, so leaning toward 97.

EC, curious if you changed the Production levels with ECW in your save? I ran a few shows and lost money. But then I realized almost all of the production values could drop, except for Broadcast Quality, which had to go up. That looks like it will save a big chunk of money per show. And still well ahead of any rivals. I haven't run any shows since I made the change, but curious if this will help make the company profitable. Or lose less money, at least.
    Hmmmmm. Not entirely sure. I want to say I set all my production values to the minimum that TNN would allow. But I could be wrong. Either way it seems like setting them to the minimum you can get by with would be the best way to save a little extra bread. No matter what, you're going to have to come up with something quick because, as I learned, that $500,000 you start out with runs out very quick.

Thread Information