Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: TEW 2016

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: TEW 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Yeah, I'd take that to mean physical damage, but not necessarily on time decline. So edge of time decline. Risk of it.

As for Bam Bam.... he was a guy I couldn't find a ton of info about his Time Warner contract. so I went back and forth on whether he should be absent or under WCW contract. I added him, but forgot to remove the Absence. But he should honestly probably on a starting absence and not under contract.

I'll just release him when he's back - was sad you got rid of Tajiri because now I'm down to 11 cruisers instead of an even 12 for my Best of the Super Cruisers tournament. As always, I'll be starting the game with that tournament, whichever of the cruisers I've signed first who can appear will get the last spot but likely they'll have lost a bunch of draws. Last time I didn't sign women because a lot of them were against owner goals, this time I'll just say fuck it to owner goals and sign them anyways. The main roster should have a regular rotation of 78 wrestlers with 6 stables and a composition of 3 Singles Heavyweights, 2 Tag Heavyweights, 1 Singles Cruiserweight, 2 Tag Cruiserweights, 1 Singles Women, 2 Tag Women, 1 Young Lion, 1 Veteran. It'll pretty much be filled with tournaments most of the year with multi-man tag matches to keep the non-tourney people occupied and for easy title defense set-ups. Evidently with a starting roster of about 40ish guys, had a ton of guys to sign. I didn't bother signing Veterans because I think those spots will naturally get taken by older guys like DDP and Finlay inevitably. So far my only time decline guys are DDP and Brian Adams. DDP is only in early time decline thankfully.

So guys I've signed to fill roles (well, it's day one, so these are guys I'm trying to sign):

Women Division:
    Alexis Laree
    Allison Danger
    Angel Orisini
    Angel Williams
    Beth Phoenix
    Bonnie Marxon
    Cheerleader Melissa
    Daffney
    Gail Kim
    Jazz
    Katarina Waters
    Lexie Fyfe
    Lisa Marie Varon
    Lufisto
    Nattie Neidhart
    Shelley Martinez

Paisley fills in the 18th role. She'll be shitty but she is able to wrestle in the game so whatever. Maybe she'll become great somehow or serviceable.

Cruiserweight Division:
    Bryan Danielson
    Christopher Daniels
    Kid Kash
    Juventud Guerrera
    Psicosis
    Super Crazy
    Tajiri

Heavyweight Division:
    C.W Anderson
    Robbie Brookside
    Steve Corino

Young Lions:
    Chris Hero
    CM Punk
    Masato Tanaka
    Ricky Banderas

Haven't bothered with the development company yet.

Status

Similar signings to what I make, Jon. So much talent there.

Dropping Tajiri hurt, but i figured I didn't want the roster to start out too far deviated from WCW had at the end. Same reason Raven is back with the WWF, really. But Raven will leave the WWF. Tajiri should be signable by WCW.

Did some more digging. Bam Bam really did wait out his WCW contract as it was directly with Time Warner, so yeah, he should be unemployed and absent for the first year. My bad.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Similar signings to what I make, Jon. So much talent there.

Dropping Tajiri hurt, but i figured I didn't want the roster to start out too far deviated from WCW had at the end. Same reason Raven is back with the WWF, really. But Raven will leave the WWF. Tajiri should be signable by WCW.

Did some more digging. Bam Bam really did wait out his WCW contract as it was directly with Time Warner, so yeah, he should be unemployed and absent for the first year. My bad.
    How come you didn't put Tajiri with the WWE. IRL it seems he was signed by them. If I wasn't going a wrestling-focused WCW, I might have done an ECW invasion to start. I doubt I'll sign Raven up by the time he's off. Would love to bring in Eddie G, Sting, Flair, Nash, Mysterio, and Goldberg back. Sting/Flair/Nash will do well as veterans. Goldberg would depend on how well he performs. Shawn Michaels would be wonderful too. Considered bringing in Curt Hennig too in the veteran role. Really looking forward to starting the first Zero Climax. Hopefully Booker T doesnt get caught on roids.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    How come you didn't put Tajiri with the WWE. IRL it seems he was signed by them. If I wasn't going a wrestling-focused WCW, I might have done an ECW invasion to start. I doubt I'll sign Raven up by the time he's off. Would love to bring in Eddie G, Sting, Flair, Nash, Mysterio, and Goldberg back. Sting/Flair/Nash will do well as veterans. Goldberg would depend on how well he performs. Shawn Michaels would be wonderful too. Considered bringing in Curt Hennig too in the veteran role. Really looking forward to starting the first Zero Climax. Hopefully Booker T doesnt get caught on roids.
    I mulled having all the ex-ECW guys that ended up in the WWF there. Just decided I would only have a few. Justin Credible signed in February and Rhyno in March. Tajiri didn't actually join the WWF until something like May.

There are tons of talent you can bring in. And tons more you can develop. Fun time period.

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

So I'm going to try and edit the wcw guys to be in the WWF. If I was to make two brands (WWF and wcw) for the WWF company, would they all be available for both raw and SD or would I needs to simply avoid the brands and just create a super faction for them?

i was looking up the wcw contracts and noticed curt Hennig, Scott Norton, Scott Hall, a bunch of cruisers and Brian knobs were all released/fired before they went under so that would make these guys targetable free agents yeah?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    So I'm going to try and edit the wcw guys to be in the WWF. If I was to make two brands (WWF and wcw) for the WWF company, would they all be available for both raw and SD or would I needs to simply avoid the brands and just create a super faction for them?

i was looking up the wcw contracts and noticed curt Hennig, Scott Norton, Scott Hall, a bunch of cruisers and Brian knobs were all released/fired before they went under so that would make these guys targetable free agents yeah?
    Depends on how you set up the brands. But even if you have them on separate brands and the shows set to run separate brands, you can turn brand split off when booking a show so you can use everyone.

Those workers are all available. By memory, Norton and Hall are touring with New Japan, and I'm not sure I have Norton set to be available in North America at all, as he pretty much entirely worked in Japan after WCW.

Status

So given what I found about Bam Bam, I'm going to nuke his WCW contract. If anyone wants that updated rather than doing it themselves, I can re-up the slight change to the data.

As well, please let me know if you see anything out of whack. Someone with oddly high or oddly high skills. something could have been missed or mistakes made during editing.

Status

Goddamnit, found a double. On the WCW roster no less. The Sarge and DeWayne Bruce are the same person. Delete one of them.

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm digging up this thread because I've been playing this game a lot lately.

This week I've been using the Clash of Titans 1994 mod. I decided to commandeer the High Impact Wrestling logo and name from the CVerse mod and create my own company, headed by a fictional businessman and used Shane Douglas as my avatar and head booker, under the premise that Douglas left ECW because he was sick of the pressure from the NWA to let up on all the hardcore booking. HIW was founded to create an alternative to ECW that wouldn't have the answer to the NWA. That venture didn't go that smooth. By the time I began to figure out how to book a show that my fans would enjoy, I had lost a ton of money and made no progress popularity-wise. I also took a TV deal, stupidly, which limited how risky I could make my show despite the fact I was running a hardcore promotion. It was fun while it lasted. I was using Shane Douglas, Sid Vicious, Mike Awesome, Dean Malenko and The Eliminators as my top guys, and had a working agreement with FMW so I had a decent supply of Japanese brawlers like Masato Tanaka and Tarzan Goto working for me as well. Since my owner wouldn't let me tweak our style to make the product a little more mainstream and I was hemorrhaging cash, I just resigned. I waited a while, applying for booker jobs when they became available but no one ever hired me.

So then EWF opened early 1996 in California. It's a small promotion of course and a traditional indy product which is just what I wanted. So I ended my career as Shane Douglas and became Dan Severn, taking over the head booker job for EWF. So far, so good. Severn is of course my top guy wrestler-wise and holds the world title. The rest of my roster is young up and comers, such as Edge, Christian, Rhino, Steve Corino, Chavo Jr., Christopher Daniels, Bubba Ray, Shannon Moore and Shane Helms, several of which are HIW alumni as well. I'm 7 events deep and my show ratings have gotten better (or at least stayed the same) with each show. I'm also turning a profit every month for a change. I just held my first "major" event and brought in Shane Douglas and Hercules Hernandez for one off appearances. Hercules faced Tom Howard and got a C-, and Douglas squared off with Severn for the gold, which got a C. The whole event was a D+ which is pretty solid considering my popularity in the South West is an E-.

So far there have been some interesting developments in the rest of the world. ECW and HIW have both gone out of business. USWA is now the number 3 promotion in America. Yokozuna left WWF and joined WCW. Vader left WCW and joined WWF. Mitsuharu Misawa was signed by WWF but is still midcard status after about a year in the Fed. Steve Austin left WCW and has been starring around the world, and is now competing in ECWA of all places.

Japan, as you would expect, are dominating.

In 1994, Kawada was wrestler of the year, Kobashi and Misawa were tag team of the year, Asako was young wrestler of the year, Hansen was veteran of the year, Toyota female of the year, AJPW promotion of the year, Kobashi and Misawa vs. The Holy Demon Army was MOTY and AJPW had the card of the year.

In 1995, Shinya Hashimoto was wrestler of the year, Masato Tanaka was young wrestler of the year, Riki Choshu was vet of the year, Toyota won female of the year again, NJPW won promotion of the year, Mutoh vs. Kobashi was MOTY and NJPW had the card of the year.

Status

Sounds like a fun save.

Japan is a powerhouse in a lot of those mods. And realistically. But they tend to stay really strong even through periods where there was some decline, due to age, injuries, etc. You can't make a mod fully emulate those kind of arcs. Its debatable whether they should, to be honest. But its just kinda annoying when you have a save starting 2000 and the WWF is a monstrous powerhouse of great matches.... and they just keep churning out those kind of grades for the next 5-8 years, which really didn't happen for various reasons.

I've spent a bunch of time with my 2K1 WCW Lives mod and burned out on it a bit, and toyed with other real world historical mods. I still want to spend more time with 1987 mod, but I bounce around with ideas. So went back to the default data, the CornellVerse. I wanted to do a pure Sports Entertainment product, and ended up with Canadian Golden Combat. Its a cult-sized company based in Vancouver, built around the 4 sons of a legendary Canadian wrestler. The DeColt family are the big babyfaces and there are only 2 of them left in-ring (one is retired as he owns the company now, and the other left for a rival company due to a family feud). But they are the eternal babyfaces who always win. Its a fun company, and its always reminded me strongly of Stampede Wrestling which I grew up on. But the size of the company and the focus of the company got stale for me pretty quick.

So now I'm looking at starting a save with the Supreme Wrestling Federation in the CornellVerse. Basically, a similar company to the WWE in a lot of ways - Sports Entertainment, they killed off the territories, etc. But now they are #2 and really need some renewal.

Status

WrestleMania XIII just passed in my game, and main event was Tatanka (c) vs. Terry Funk for the WWF Championship. Meanwhile The Undertaker defeated Barry Horowitz in the opener. And Misawa's WWF run isn't looking so great as he has been put into a team with Duke "Dumpster" Droese known as The Void.

Meanwhile I'm still steadily progressing with EWF. I let D'Lo Brown (who I have working as AC Brooks) win the world title off Severn. Bubba Ray has ascended to main event status and currently holds my secondary title. I'm approaching my one year anniversary with the promotion and have the following matches planned for my special anniversary show..

World Title - AC Brooks (D'Lo) (c) vs. Dan Severn

American Title - Bubba Ray (c) vs. Rhino

Tag Titles - Shannon Moore and Gregory Helms (c) vs. The Canadian Glamour Boys (Sean Morely and Shane Sewell)

Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Hector Guerrero vs. El Bombero (Ultimo Guerrero) and Mr. Águila

And I wanna get Steve Corino a win over someone major, so I might call up Shane Douglas again if he isn't busy. Corino has gone from opener to upper midcarder in the span of a year so I think he deserves a nice little signature win on his resume.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    WrestleMania XIII just passed in my game, and main event was Tatanka (c) vs. Terry Funk for the WWF Championship. Meanwhile The Undertaker defeated Barry Horowitz in the opener. And Misawa's WWF run isn't looking so great as he has been put into a team with Duke "Dumpster" Droese known as The Void.

Meanwhile I'm still steadily progressing with EWF. I let D'Lo Brown (who I have working as AC Brooks) win the world title off Severn. Bubba Ray has ascended to main event status and currently holds my secondary title. I'm approaching my one year anniversary with the promotion and have the following matches planned for my special anniversary show..

World Title - AC Brooks (D'Lo) (c) vs. Dan Severn

American Title - Bubba Ray (c) vs. Rhino

Tag Titles - Shannon Moore and Gregory Helms (c) vs. The Canadian Glamour Boys (Sean Morely and Shane Sewell)

Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Hector Guerrero vs. El Bombero (Ultimo Guerrero) and Mr. Águila

And I wanna get Steve Corino a win over someone major, so I might call up Shane Douglas again if he isn't busy. Corino has gone from opener to upper midcarder in the span of a year so I think he deserves a nice little signature win on his resume.
    Sounds like a fun company. 1994 is a nice time period since there are tons of talent. I eye the mod up every so often to run an "early ECW" save but they are just a bit too small for my tastes at that point.

As for the WWF stuff.... A drawback of the way TEW works right now is how the game calculates pushes. Its based on percentages. So say 20% of the roster will push to main event, as a random (and inaccurate) example. If you have 30 workers, that's 6 or 7 main eventers. If you have 100 workers, that's 20 to 22 workers. And it will push pick the most over workers. The AI doesn't do a very good job of differentiating within a given level who is really worth pushing or not. If they are considered "main event", they can be used to main event. So if you have a really big roster - which the WWF and WCW pretty much always do - you have these workers who were realistically never above midcarders and who don't have main event popularity being main evented. Because the bloated roster means they "push" to that level. Its why some mods will actually trim a lot of low card talent who were rarely on TV - it just keeps the roster size down a bit, which allows the AI to run the company with a bit more accuracy.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papaheem Sterling View Post
    Sounds like a fun company. 1994 is a nice time period since there are tons of talent. I eye the mod up every so often to run an "early ECW" save but they are just a bit too small for my tastes at that point.

As for the WWF stuff.... A drawback of the way TEW works right now is how the game calculates pushes. Its based on percentages. So say 20% of the roster will push to main event, as a random (and inaccurate) example. If you have 30 workers, that's 6 or 7 main eventers. If you have 100 workers, that's 20 to 22 workers. And it will push pick the most over workers. The AI doesn't do a very good job of differentiating within a given level who is really worth pushing or not. If they are considered "main event", they can be used to main event. So if you have a really big roster - which the WWF and WCW pretty much always do - you have these workers who were realistically never above midcarders and who don't have main event popularity being main evented. Because the bloated roster means they "push" to that level. Its why some mods will actually trim a lot of low card talent who were rarely on TV - it just keeps the roster size down a bit, which allows the AI to run the company with a bit more accuracy.
    Yeah it's fun because all these great workers are entering the game and are almost always available. Most of the other indy promotions are still booking guys like Greg Valentine and other past their prime dudes while I'm scooping up the future stars like Bubba, D'Lo, E&C and what not. I have to show some restraint though, I don't want to exploit my knowledge of the future too much so I've avoided signing several rookies such as The Rock and Kane.

As far as the WWF thing goes, I think it's actually kinda fun. Of course it's sorta outlandish to have Tatanka vs. Funk main eventing WM, especially when WWF have Hart, Michaels, Diesel, Vader, etc. on hand but I mean.. It's still pretty entertaining and fun to imagine.

I'm gonna keep trucking on this save and try to make it to 2000 at least. I look forward to seeing how the landscape of wrestling looks at that point. Tatanka might just be the most decorated champion in WWF history by that point.

Status

I'm working with ECW om a 1998 mod right now. Everything's going great as far as my event grades and my popularity is going up fairly quickly but my money is also running out quick. Any good tips on saving some $$$? I don't have a PPV deal and I think that's hurting me a bit. I'm also saddled with some pretty brutal written contracts that are weighing me down, but will be running out soon enough. I'm thinking I might just have to sacrifice my event grades slightly and use some of my bigger stars even more sparingly than I already am. Any other ideas on how to keep my finances decent?

Status

I'm not the best person to ask about finances, as I generally run National sized companies, where money is typically less of an issue. And honestly, running into money troubles with ECW is pretty realistic. Having a PPV deal will help. Using less workers on each show for anyone on PPA deals also helps. Watch out for PPA deals with downside guarantees - basically amounts you are paying them if you don't use them that month. Better off just using that worker than paying them for nothing. One thing I did in a CGC save recently was run a weekly "tour" show by adding a weekly event. It drew better than TV shows, but because the game saw it an actual event, I had to make sure it graded reasonably. The idea was to use it similar to a house show, but the attendance was way better than realistic house show would be.

Status

Alright, I've reached the year 2000 with ECW.

I just hit cult size at the end of 1999 and got a new TV deal with TNN along with a PPV deal with Charter. That's a big step from Hardcore TV on MSG and The Sunshine Network and no PPV deal. Now I've got my PPVs showing all ovet America and The UK, and two television shows with ECW on TNN and Hardcore TV coming to Fox Sports Net soon.

I've had quite a lot of turnover on my roster due to things like personal issues, wrestlers heading to WWF and WCW... things of that nature.

Here is how my ECW looks to start 2000. (Warning: long)

Main Event

Tommy Dreamer, Chris Candido, Raven, Jerry Lynn, Sabu, Rob Van Dam and Taz

Upper Midcard

Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley, CM Punk, Big Stevie Cool and Mike Awesome

Midcard

Kay Hayashi, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Roadkill, Jack Victory, Charlie Haas, Russ Haas, New Jack, Hollywood Nova, Da Blue Guy, Steve Corino and Homicide

Lower Midcard

Spike Dudley, Mikey Whipwreck, AJ Styles, Rhino and Steve Armstrong

Opener

Ace Steel, Trent Acid, Horshu and Ron Killings

Enhancement

Matt Ano'i and Ekmo Fatu

Tag Teams

Charlie Haas and Russ Haas
    Death Row: Ron Killings and Horshu
    Kaz Hayashi and Yoshihiro Tajiri
    Sabu and Rob Van Dam
    The bWo: Da Blue Guy and Hollywood Nova
    The Dudley Boys: Bubba Ray and D-Von
    The Heavy Hitters: Matt Anoa'i and Ekmo Fatu
    The Impact Players: Lance Storm and Justin Credible

Stables

Raven's Nest: CM Punk, Raven and Dawn Marie
    The bWo: Big Stevie Cool, Da Blue Guy and Hollywood Nova
    The Dudleys: Bubba Ray, Spike and D-Von

Managers

Bill Alfonso (The Heavy Hitters), Beulah McGillicutty (Dreamer), Jasmin St. Claire (bWo), Joel Gertner (The Impact Players), Kyoko aka Leia Meow (Hayashi), Chastity (Death Row), Dawn Marie (Raven)

Commentators

Joey Styles and Paul Heyman

Titles

>> ECW World Heavyweight
    Raven (3) (since August 1999)

Past champions
    Rob Van Dam (1) (June 1999 - August 1999)
    Justin Credible (1) (February 1999 - June 1999)
    Tommy Dreamer (1) (October 1998 - February 1999)
    Shane Douglas (4) (November 1997 - October 1998

>> ECW World Television
    Jerry Lynn (1) (since December 1999)

Past champions
    Mike Awesome (2) (August 1999 - December 1999)
    New Jack (1) (April 1999 - August 1999)
    * Vacant *
    Mike Awesome (1) (February 1999 - April 1999)
    Chris Candido (1) (November 1998 - February 1999)
    Tommy Dreamer (1) (June 1998 - November 1998)
    Rob Van Dam (1) (April 1998 - June 1998)

>> ECW World Tag Team
    Sabu and Rob Van Dam (2) (since September 1999)

Past champions
    The Dudleys (4) (January 1999 - September 1999)
    Wolfie D and JC Ice (December 1998 - January 1999)
    Sabu and Rob Van Dam (1) (June 1998 - December 1998)
    Chris Candido and Lance Storm (1) (December 1997 - June 1998)

>> ECW FTW Heavyweight
    Defunct, unified with ECW World Heavyweight (since December 1999)

Past Champions
    Raven (1) (November 1999 - December 1999) (final champion)
    Taz (4) (August 1999 - November 1999)
    Sabu (1) (June 1999 - August 1999)
    Taz (3) (November 1998 - June 1999)
    New Jack (1) (November 1998 - November 1998)
    Taz (2) (August 1998 - November 1998)
    Bam Bam Bigelow (1) (August 1998 - August 1998)
    Masato Tanaka (1) (June 1998 - August 1998)
    Taz (1) (May 1998 - June 1998)

Alumni (some are one night contracts)

Amazing Red, Amy Dumas, Axl Rotten, Ballz Mahoney, Bam Bam Bigelow, Big Dick Dudley, Brian Lee, Chris Chetti, Danny Doring, Elektra, Francine, JC Ice, Jamie Keyes, Jason Knight, John Kronus, Little Guido, Masato Tanaka, Rodney Mack, Sandman, Shane Douglas, Sign Guy Dudley, Sonny Siaki, Tracy Smothers, Vito LaGrasso, Wolfie D

Event History

Best Event
    Decemeber to Dismember (Dec 1999) - Rating = B

Largest Attendance
    Deep Impact, Night 2 (Nov 1999) - Attendance = 10,410

PPV Buys Record
    December to Dismember (Dec 1999) - Buys = 32,458

TV Viewership Record
    ECW on TNN (Week 1, Jan 2000) - Viewers = 393,890 (shown on: Sky Sports 4 and TNN)

Highest Rated Matches

1. Raven (c) def Taz - December To Dismember (Dec 1999)
    "I Quit" Match
    ECW World Heavyweight and ECW FTW Heavyweight Championship
    Rating = B+

2. Tommy Dreamer (c) def Rob Van Dam - Hardcore TV (Dec 1998)
    Falls Count Anywhere Match
    ECW World Heavyweight Championship
    Rating = B

3. Raven def Jerry Lynn - Hardcore Heaven (June 1999)
    Falls Count Anywhere Match
    Rating = B

4. Sabu and Rob Van Dam (c) def Sandman and Tommy Dreamer - Heat Wave (Aug 1998)
    ECW World Tag Team Championship
    Rating = B

5. Tommy Dreamer (c) def Chris Candido - Hardcore TV (Nov 1998)
    ECW World Television Championship
    Rating = B

---

Yeah, that about sums it up. My growth has been steady, and is really taking off now that I hit Cult size and have expanded my broadcasting drastically. Only problem is I'm $600,000 in debt right now. I've been warned about by finances but that's before I hit Cult size. Now I can turn a profit each month, I just have to hold enough PPVs and special events to draw big crowds and make more dough. Hopefully I'll have us out of this hold and purchase a development territory by 2001.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

The biggest challenge in a TEW game is definitely moving from Regional to Cult and having to deal with the exponential rise in expenses.

What is your production set at? You may have to lower them for the time being just to make ends meet.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    The biggest challenge in a TEW game is definitely moving from Regional to Cult and having to deal with the exponential rise in expenses.

What is your production set at? You may have to lower them for the time being just to make ends meet.
    I'll have to check and I'll probably look into lowering my production values to whatever TNN will allow me to.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post

Very much this. Its a major step in the game and it kills a lot of companies. Much as it did in reality. Cult is basically where ECW couldn't survive, so its realistic.

One way to generate more money if you are going to run into problems - besides more obvious ones like cutting back on PPA wrestlers you use - is to run a weekly "house" show. You can create a weekly event and simply choose no broadcaster. It counts as an event so your upper level talent will get annoyed at being left off of it. Your lower card talent, less so. If the industry is strong, you can pull unrealistic attendances to these shows. But its extra income, and if you have & use quite a few Written contracts, its not a lot of added costs.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Just got TEW 2016 on my mac and ported it over. Can't wait to use NJPW!!

Thread Information