Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 483

Thread: TEW 2016

  1. #461
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    Don't think so. There is the 1998 mod and the 2001 one, but nothing in between at this point. Nothing that has been fully released that I'm aware of.

    http://wrestlingnexus.com/forum/inde...22fc6c8169fe7d

  2. #462
    The Franchise.
    Franchiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8599
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Scotland

    Re: TEW 2016

    I think 98 mod is more like what 99 Russo coming in was than 2001. Would appreciate any recommendations for changes you can offer and I'll probably edit it to try make it as realistic as possible.

  3. #463
    The Franchise.
    Franchiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8599
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: TEW 2016

    So my laptop crashed for good. It's been a bit crazy for a while but finally went. I managed to save some files but obviously I've lost tew 2016. However i did keep a copy of the receipt I got when I bought tew 2016 which has a license on it. I'm getting a new laptop next weekend so will there be any problems reinstalling this? Thanks

  4. #464
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    I think 98 mod is more like what 99 Russo coming in was than 2001. Would appreciate any recommendations for changes you can offer and I'll probably edit it to try make it as realistic as possible.
    There's no quick and easy way to edit. Its basically looking up the rosters and start making changes. Sites like Cage Match and Wrestling Data are massively helpful in figuring out who was working where when. Same with changing up title holders. Can get quite time consuming if you want to be thorough and do every company. If you are just looking to do the bigger companies, its a lot faster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    So my laptop crashed for good. It's been a bit crazy for a while but finally went. I managed to save some files but obviously I've lost tew 2016. However i did keep a copy of the receipt I got when I bought tew 2016 which has a license on it. I'm getting a new laptop next weekend so will there be any problems reinstalling this? Thanks
    If you didn't uninstall the license on the gonzo laptop, you will probably have to contact GDS Software to request that. You can find info on the GDS Forum. Usually just takes an email and a few days to get it done.

  5. #465
    The Franchise.
    Franchiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8599
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: TEW 2016

    Thanks BP I'll have to email GDS contact.

  6. #466
    The Franchise.
    Franchiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Scotland.
    Posts
    367
    Rep Power
    8599
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: TEW 2016

    Looks like GDS sorted the license for me. Will know for sure when I get a new laptop next week.

    In the meantime been watching a lot of WCW around the time Russo took over before and after. (June-december) It's clear wcw were headed in a similar direction to Russos vision of nitro way back in june (lots of backstage vignettes, constant heel/face turns, some WWF-esk incidents in storylines, guys getting randomly pushed then jobbed for no reason) so you could texhnically move a start date for a 99 'bischoffs gone scenario' from October right back to June/July. I don't want to do that though but I would want to change some of the backstory in wcw before we take over in say August/September? (When bischoff was sent home for temp then permanently). I'll probably stick to only editing the 3 major companies (WWF, wcw and ecw) I don't know enough about the rest to do it.

  7. #467
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    Looks like GDS sorted the license for me. Will know for sure when I get a new laptop next week.

    In the meantime been watching a lot of WCW around the time Russo took over before and after. (June-december) It's clear wcw were headed in a similar direction to Russos vision of nitro way back in june (lots of backstage vignettes, constant heel/face turns, some WWF-esk incidents in storylines, guys getting randomly pushed then jobbed for no reason) so you could texhnically move a start date for a 99 'bischoffs gone scenario' from October right back to June/July. I don't want to do that though but I would want to change some of the backstory in wcw before we take over in say August/September? (When bischoff was sent home for temp then permanently). I'll probably stick to only editing the 3 major companies (WWF, wcw and ecw) I don't know enough about the rest to do it.
    Editing titles and rosters is a bit time consuming. Not overly difficult, but you have to look everything up.

    Moving a mod back in time usually generates a bunch of errors. It can happen if workers who are under contract to a company at the starting date are actually yet to debut at the earlier start date. That usually just means removing the contracts. Similarly, if a company opened in the time in-between, it will have to a future promotion in the data rather than a currently active one, which means removing contracts, owner, etc.

    One of the easiest ways to come up with a list of things that have to be changed is to move back the start date and then run a Data Check. You will get a list of errors. That can be intimidating at first, but its a list of what you need to fix so its actually very very handy.

  8. #468
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,213
    Rep Power
    222045
      Country                    Canada

    Re: TEW 2016

    Distraction in class.

    Transformed WCW into NJPW 2017.

    Lemme explain.

    1. Divided the roster into factions (theyre not 100% like for like):

    The faction structure goes like this, but totes flexible. Most factions are missing Young Lion + Legend. I plan on adding a womens division wayyyyyyyyyyy down the line thatll add Women + Women Tag Team + Women Tag Team.

    Leader
    Second-in-Command
    Option third-in-command
    Tag Team Heavyweight
    Tag Team Heavyweight
    Cruiserweight
    Tag Team Cruiserweight
    Tag Team Cruiserweight
    Young Lion
    Legend
    Manager

    Face Faction = Taguchi Japan
    Diamond Dallas Page (to transition into legend role)
    Dustin Rhodes
    D’Lo Brown
    Ernest Miller
    Norman Smiley
    Tajiri
    Yun Yang
    Kaz Hayashi
    - (signing John Cena)
    -
    Stacy Keibler

    Tweener Face Faction = CHAOS
    Booker T
    Kanyon
    Rob Van Dam
    Chuck Palumbo
    Sean O’Haire
    Chavo Guerrero Jr.
    - (signing Bryan Danielson)
    - (signing Paul London)
    - (signing Claudio Castagnoli)

    Haku
    Paisley

    Tweener Faction = LIJ
    Shane Douglas
    Hugh Morris
    Mike Sanders
    Mike Awesome
    Lance Storm
    Jamie Knoble
    Kwee Wee
    - (signing Christopher Daniels)
    Chris Harris
    Fit Finlay
    Leia Meow

    Tweener Heel Faction = Bullet Club

    Raven
    Tommy Dreamer
    Johnny Stamboli
    Bryan Clark (to transition into legend role)
    Brian Adams
    Kidman
    Evan Karagias
    Shannon Moore
    - (signing CM Punk)
    -
    Beulah McGillicutty & Torrie Wilson



    Heel Faction = Suzuki-gun
    Jeff Jarrett
    Buff Bagwell
    Disqo
    Mark Jindrak
    Shawn Stasiak
    Shane Helms
    Air Paris
    Air Styles
    James Storm
    -
    Midajah

    Unaligned = Seki-gun
    Jason Jett
    Konnan (in Planet Jarrett while Buff Bagwell is suspended)


    Company Ace to start with is of course Booker T.

    Titles wise:

    IWGP Heavyweight Championship = WCW World Heavyweight Championship -> Booker T
    IWGP Intercontinental Championship = WCW United-States Heavyweight Championship -> Booker T
    IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Championship = WCW World Tag Team Championship -> Sean O'Haire & Chuck Palumbo
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship = WCW Cruiserweight Championship -> Shane Helms
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship = WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championship -> VACANT & VACANT
    NEVER Openweight Championship = CLIQUE World Television Championship -> VACANT
    NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship = CLIQUE World Six Man Tag Team Championship -> VACANT & VACANT
    IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship = WCW Japan Heavyweight Championship -> VACANT

    Tournament wise:

    G1 Climax = Zero Climax (July/August) - Challenges at Starrcade
    World Tag League = World Tag League (November/December) - Challenges at Starrcade
    New Japan Cup = World Championship Cup (March) - Challenges at Spring Stampede
    Best of the Super Juniors = Best of the Super Cruiserweights May/June - challenges at The Great American Bash
    Super Junior Tag Tournament = Super Cruiserweights Tag Tournament (October/November) - challenges at Starrcade
    Super J Cup = Super C Cup (August) - challenges at Fallbrawl in X


    Alliances:

    CMLL = CMLL
    ROH = NJPW
    RevPro = FWA

    Transition periods between factions & divisions will mostly happen after Starrcade. Guys who are on time decline will transition into legends roles, if I like them (say, DDP), they'll remain there until theyre pretty much useless, otherwise, they'll probably hold out till the end of their contracts (Bryan Clark). 3 strike policy a la WWE. Even if youre my ace, a 3rd strike is fired and wont be rehired for at least a year.

    My game started June so while on a regular year that would mean wed be at the tail end of the Best of Super Cruiserweight, we'll have to stuff all the Best of Super Cruiserweight shows in Early June. Here are the blocks:

    BLOCK A
    Chavo Guerrero Jr.
    Jamie Knoble
    Yun Yang
    Kidman
    Air Paris
    Shannon Moore


    BLOCK B
    Tajiri
    Kaz Hayashi
    Shane Helms
    Air Styles
    Evan Karagias
    Kwee Wee

    I'm actually not Gedo so not master planning or orchestrating who wins these tournaments. I go off a simple policy which will keep things unpredictable in latter years when the roster has settled under this new regimen. Whoever had the better performance last block match, wins the match. This will go for any tournament. The only catch, champions will never win a tournament. This should make things slightly more predictable in a sense since my champ will usually be one of the better guys and probably end up in the finals most of the time.

    For the shows this will make things difficult grade wise at first because the cruiserweights are in no shape to be main eventing shows. I dont know if itll make me broke super quick either. I also dont want to make these all PPVs because itll fuck up the real big shows and theyll be so bad theyll get me kicked off PPV lul. The goal will be to have a subscription network I can just host them on going forward (thatll cost between 12M to 21M, I have 5M to start). I have a deal with ESPN2, a commercial channel, so they'll be getting my touring shows. Nitro is still on TV though, theyll be getting whatever happens to fall on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Jon Snow; 08-11-2017 at 06:33 PM.

  9. #469
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,213
    Rep Power
    222045
      Country                    Canada

    Re: TEW 2016

    And another update:

    Kwee Wee got injured on the first night so hes pretty much forfetting half his matches couldn't find a sub in time since there's a show nearly every day.

    Opened up WCW Power Plant with the following titles

    Power Plant Heavyweight
    Power Plant Tag Team Heavyweight
    Power Plant Cruiserweight
    Power Plant Tag Team Cruiserweight
    Power Plant Shake Cup
    Power Plant Shake Tag Team Cup
    Power Plant Lucha Cup
    Power Plant Lucha Tag Team Cup

    I just wanted to sign 10 guys for each division so I went alphabetical as you can clearly tell and didnt really get into the deeper reaches of the guys available. I might have a Cruiserweight Power Plant and Heavyweight Power Plant with 30 guys in each and a Womens Power Plant with 30 women in that one I'm not quite sure yet but for now it is what it is, just wanted to get the development going:

    Cruiserweight
    Amazing Red
    Austin Aries
    Brian Kendrick
    Chris Sabin
    Eddie Colon
    Eric Young
    Fergal Devitt
    Frankie Kazarian
    Homicide
    Jack Evans


    Heavyweight
    Afa Anoai Jr.
    Bobby Roode
    Brent Albright
    Carly Colon
    Chris Hero
    Colt Cabana
    Doug Williams
    Drew Galloway
    Harry Smith
    Johnny Curtis

    Not an equal thing but a glimpse at how the shows have been going by a scale of and ignoring the tag matches...

    0-59 = *
    60-69 = **
    70-79 = ***
    80-89 = ****
    90-99 = *****
    100 = Okada/Omega

    Night One:
    Jamie Knoble def Shannon Moore - *
    Kidman def Air Paris - *
    Chavo Guerrero def Yun Yang - **
    Kaz Hayasahi def Air Styles - *
    Kwee Wee def Evan Karagias - *
    Shane Helms def Tajiri - **

    Night Two:
    Yun Yang def Air Paris - *
    Kidman def Shannon Moore - **
    Chavo Guerrero Jr. def Jamie Knoble - **

    Night Three (Nitro):
    Evan Karagias def Air Styles - *
    Shane Helms def Kaz Hayashi - *
    Kwee Wee forfeits vs. Tajiri due to injury

    Standard is super low considering most of these guys range from enhancement talent to midcard and so are really unpopular. I'm thinking this'll be a much more impressive display next year. We're getting tons of popularity hits too but I think our Kizuna Road (Shake Up) shows will fix that later in the month. And hopefully the Zero Climax standard will be up there as well next month.

  10. #470
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,213
    Rep Power
    222045
      Country                    Canada

    Re: TEW 2016

    Just finished the Best of the Super Cruisers.

    After realizing I was probably hurting the company pop airing all the shows on ESPN2, I took the rest of the events off the air. Final standings look like this:

    BLOCK A
    Kidman (10) - The Flock
    Chavo Guerrero Jr. (8) - BEATDOWN
    Jamie Knoble (6) - Franchise
    Yun Yang (4) - BANG!Shannon Moore (2) - The Flock

    Air Paris (0) - Planet Jarrett


    BLOCK B
    Shane Helms (10) - Planet Jarrett
    Tajiri (8) - BANG!
    Kaz Hayashi (5) - BANG!
    Evan Karagias (3) - The Flock
    Air Styles (2) - Planet JarrettKwee Wee (2) - Franchise



    Kidman is heavyweight level quality. He's honestly good enough to be part of my upper mid/main event heavyweight scene. Shane Helms got fortunate in having a really weak block. Think Chavo/Knoble could have given him trouble. Block B was weak overall and was also hurt by Kwee Wee's absence. Not that he would've helped much to be fair.

    Booker T got busted for roids and is now suspended for 28 days on a first strike. I've also taken off soft drugs from testing, dont feel its necessary to have that on strikes. Unfortunately, Booker is head and shoulders are best worker so the shows have been all the lesser for not having him around. He should be back for the G1 Climax but he's also a Double Champion. I'm wondering if I should strip him of both titles in order to ensure I've got some big matches for The Great American Bash.

    In-ring quality, the guys that seem to be the best are Dustin Rhodes, Lance Storm, Booker T, Shane Douglas, Raven and Kidman. Perhaps I could ensure we weren't losing pop if I had much more segments but since I'm going with a NJPW-like product, we definitely don't have the quality to sustain are pop. At least not to start.

    Kidman beat Cruiserweight Champion, Shane Helms, to become the first ever Best of the Super Cruisers winner.

    Fave Five Matches of the tournament
    Kidman vs. Chavo Guerrero
    Kidman vs. Jamie Knoble
    Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Knoble
    Kidman vs. Shane Helms
    Chavo Guerrero vs. Shannon Moore

    Up next I've got a Road to the Great American Bash show and then the Great American Bash itself. 10 Kizuna Road Shake Up shows will follow to end June where we'll sprinkle some lower level title matches. Hopefully find someone to carry us with Booker gone and regain some pop with the heavyweights in the main event again.

  11. #471
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    5792

    Re: TEW 2016

    Simmed BP's amazing data to 2012, now creating a whole new project for a diary in the BTB section (so watch out for that)

    Love your ideas though Jon, I have a similar thing going on in my 2012 save but with tag teams rather than cruiserweights with a cruiserweight competition based later on in the year!

  12. #472
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestEarth View Post
    Simmed BP's amazing data to 2012, now creating a whole new project for a diary in the BTB section (so watch out for that)

    Love your ideas though Jon, I have a similar thing going on in my 2012 save but with tag teams rather than cruiserweights with a cruiserweight competition based later on in the year!
    I take no true credit for the data. Its a tweaked version of the WCW Lives mod by the Mod Squad.

    I am putting together version 2.0 that will hopefully be done and available to anyone who wants it soon. No major changes, except WCW will start with more money and less popularity. Raven will still be with the WWF. A couple low level workers imported. Some worker tweaks that are probably not enough to stand out to anyone.

  13. #473
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,213
    Rep Power
    222045
      Country                    Canada

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestEarth View Post
    Simmed BP's amazing data to 2012, now creating a whole new project for a diary in the BTB section (so watch out for that)

    Love your ideas though Jon, I have a similar thing going on in my 2012 save but with tag teams rather than cruiserweights with a cruiserweight competition based later on in the year!
    Definitely got a pair of tag team competitions later on in the year.

    I would love to have one of these files go deep enough to reach past 2010. That would be super awesome.

  14. #474
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,213
    Rep Power
    222045
      Country                    Canada

    Re: TEW 2016

    Since this is a TEW-centric thread and less so a booking centric thread, I figured I might as well go into my meaningless number crunching.

    With my very systematic booking, I basically have a hierarchy that goes

    1. Stable Leader
    2. Second-In-Command / Tag Team / Junior
    3. Third-In-Command / Junior Tag Team
    4. Legend / Young Lion

    I like to keep tabs on performances. At the end of the year (I may make this more frequent), I intend on switching up stables and seeing who deserves to move up this behind the scenes ladder or not, its as simple as how well they perform. First category needs to be getting 70+, Second 60+, Third 50+ and Fourth no less than 40. I keep tabs on who needs to move up the ladder and who needs to move down. Largely, you can only really move up if there's room to move up. I haven't yet decided what I might do with guys who stagnate. Ideally, the standard will eventually go up and all of those will go +10. For Legends & Young Lions. If a Young Lion isn't showing that he's good enough to remain on the main roster, he'll be sent back to dev most likely, and if a legend is no longer able to keep up, he'll be let go at the end of the contract.

    I'm still figuring out how huge of a contract to give to guys, I feel like 10 years might get a little cheap (though maybe it'll come to bite me when I'm suffering with stagnating guys). I offered PPA Evan Karagias a 3 year deal so I might stick to those sort of deals unless they're declining, going into dev or what not. I also might eventually expand into a 6th stable. Not enough room in the roster for that yet though.

    Moving on from that, I had The Great American Bash which was my first big event. All the titles were on the line which meant the 6 man tag, Cruiser Tag and CLIQUE World Television were all crowned. CLIQUE World Television got an 8 man tourney from the best guys outwith the 4 main eventers. It went:

    Mike Awesome vs. Hugh Morrus - **
    Shane Douglas vs. Fit Finlay - ***
    Lance Storm vs. Tommy Dreamer - **
    Dustin Rhodes vs. Rob Van Dam - **

    Douglas & Finlay which was the match I was expecting to underpeform became my MOTY so far. I placed it after a Wild Brawl Awesome/Morrus match which didn't do as well as I hoped. Rhodes/RVD main evented and had the worst match of the four. Like with the Best of the Super Cruisers, the best performer got to win the tournament because this is a meritocracy. Winners were everyone on the left, as for the PPV, it went like this (winners in bold):

    THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH
    Main Event:
    Raven vs. Kanyon - ***


    Penultimate Main Event:
    DDP vs. Jeff Jarrett - ***


    WCW Cruiserweight Championship:
    Shane Helms vs. Kidman - ***


    CLIQUE World Television Championship Finals:
    Lance Storm vs. Shane Douglas - ****


    WCW Heavyweight Tag Team Championship:
    Chuck Palumbo & Sean O’Haire vs. Ernest Miller & Norman Smiley - **


    WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team Championships:
    Yun Yang & Kaz Hayashi vs. Evan Karagias & Shannon Moore vs. Air Paris & Air Styles - **


    CLIQUE Six Man Tag Team Championship:
    D’Lo , Tajiri , Cena vs. Rob Van Dam , Chavo , Haku vs. Morris, Sanders , Knoble - **


    CLIQUE World Television Championship Semi-Finals:
    Dustin Rhodes vs. Shane Douglas - ***


    CLIQUE World Television Championship Semi-Finals:
    Lance Storm vs. Mike Awesome - **

    FIVE ON FIVE, FLOCK vs. PLANET JARRETT

    Dreamer , Stamboli , Clark , Adams , Punk vs. Konnan , Disqo , Jindrak , Stasiak & J. Storm - *


    As it is, Kidman is making the best claim to moving up to the heavyweight division and having his own stable but he's just won the Cruiserweight Championship so we shall see. DDP is all but guaranteed to lose his, and Jeff Jarrett is a contender as well.

    Show still wasn't good enough for the PPV, South East broadcast we had but I think as Kidman climbs in pop and once Booker returns plus the Zero Climax giving the heavyweights a chance to really stretch their legs, we might do some damage.

    Next up we've got the 8 Shake Up Shows, and a Power Plant Project show. Not sure how I'll deal with the latter, itll either feature the Young Lions of each stable getting a spotlight against the best of WCW, or maybe several dev guys getting a spotlight to see who is worth calling up. The Shake Up shows will be mostly filler stuff but will feature a CLIQUE Six Man Title defense, CLIQUE World Television defense, and WCW Cruiserweight defense.

    In fun Power Plant news. Austin Aries was crowned the first Cruiserweight Champ. Hardcore Hak was crowned Heavyweight but then they retired it to do an all weight main title. I tried to retire that one and reactivate the heavyweight, but I'm not sure if it'll stick, maybe I need to give them more heavyweights. Drew Galloway & Afa Anoa'i Jr. also became the first heavyweight tag team champions.

  15. #475
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    I think we can talk about whatever the fuck we want in our saves in here lol.

    There are enough future workers in the mod that carrying a save well into the 2010s is entirely doable. From test games, the future gets a bit messy and odd because so many workers keep working well past when they actually did.

  16. #476
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Jon Snow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,213
    Rep Power
    222045
      Country                    Canada

    Re: TEW 2016

    I low key hate the loyalty system because itll mean I cant pick up guys like KENTA, Shibata, Marufuji, Morishima easy. Tears.

  17. #477
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    5792

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I think we can talk about whatever the fuck we want in our saves in here lol.

    There are enough future workers in the mod that carrying a save well into the 2010s is entirely doable. From test games, the future gets a bit messy and odd because so many workers keep working well past when they actually did.
    From what I see it can but then sometimes workers retire early too. I had Hulk Hogan retire in 2003 and Flair retire in 2007! Whilst Eddie Guerrero is still going I'm 2012 (albeit having been in AJPW since 2002)

    Toying with the idea of having a small ranking system between Great America Bash and New Blood Rising with the top 5 in the ranking system being in a Money in the Bank type match. Rather than just doing qualification matches which I always find boring...

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  18. #478
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkestEarth View Post
    From what I see it can but then sometimes workers retire early too. I had Hulk Hogan retire in 2003 and Flair retire in 2007! Whilst Eddie Guerrero is still going I'm 2012 (albeit having been in AJPW since 2002)

    Toying with the idea of having a small ranking system between Great America Bash and New Blood Rising with the top 5 in the ranking system being in a Money in the Bank type match. Rather than just doing qualification matches which I always find boring...

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, its a hard balance with workers like that. For Flair, i think its purely down his age. Workers tend to retire once they hit their 50s, even if they are in good physical condition. And he's not in perfect condition, either. He can stay active til closer to when he actually retired - depends on how far into time decline he is on a given save. I wonder if setting him to Semi Active from the start might make him stick longer....? Could experiment with that.

    As for the likes of Hogan, its a hard balance to get everything so it works just right. He's still quite popular, which is accurate, but if the physical condition and / or in-ring skills are too good, you have an A match machine for the WWF. Which he certainly wasn't. His physical condition means he's always going to start on time decline, which is realistic. But it means he end up retiring at almost any point.

    But workers like Hogan can be part of what unfolds oddly. You don't tend to see workers do what he really did, which is never really retire but not work much for 5-8 years. The game doesn't really replicate that, but its not just in real world mods. In most mods, veteran workers stay employed by big companies for a long time but don't get moved down the roster quickly enough. That is something TEW 2016 is better with, but still not ideal. I mean, a 10 year sim and the WWF is very likely to still have almost the same group headlining - The Rock (if you don't manually retire him), The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Big Show, Kane, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and a few others. The Dudleys, Edge, Christian, and Test will be just below them. That's even with the McMahon's set to have high turnover (i'll double check that to be sure). You just don't get a more natural churn without setting up narratives to force the AI companies into change. And if someone does leave, you don't tend to see them sit for a long time, work a bit here and there for shorter spells but not really catch on with anyone because either there isn't a big enough company to have them full time or they are basically a nostalgia act.

  19. #479
    Intercontinental Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,606
    Rep Power
    5792

    Re: TEW 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Yeah, its a hard balance with workers like that. For Flair, i think its purely down his age. Workers tend to retire once they hit their 50s, even if they are in good physical condition. And he's not in perfect condition, either. He can stay active til closer to when he actually retired - depends on how far into time decline he is on a given save. I wonder if setting him to Semi Active from the start might make him stick longer....? Could experiment with that.

    As for the likes of Hogan, its a hard balance to get everything so it works just right. He's still quite popular, which is accurate, but if the physical condition and / or in-ring skills are too good, you have an A match machine for the WWF. Which he certainly wasn't. His physical condition means he's always going to start on time decline, which is realistic. But it means he end up retiring at almost any point.

    But workers like Hogan can be part of what unfolds oddly. You don't tend to see workers do what he really did, which is never really retire but not work much for 5-8 years. The game doesn't really replicate that, but its not just in real world mods. In most mods, veteran workers stay employed by big companies for a long time but don't get moved down the roster quickly enough. That is something TEW 2016 is better with, but still not ideal. I mean, a 10 year sim and the WWF is very likely to still have almost the same group headlining - The Rock (if you don't manually retire him), The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Big Show, Kane, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, and a few others. The Dudleys, Edge, Christian, and Test will be just below them. That's even with the McMahon's set to have high turnover (i'll double check that to be sure). You just don't get a more natural churn without setting up narratives to force the AI companies into change. And if someone does leave, you don't tend to see them sit for a long time, work a bit here and there for shorter spells but not really catch on with anyone because either there isn't a big enough company to have them full time or they are basically a nostalgia act.
    I don't mind it, if I'm simming then I do it because I want it to be different yet similar to reality and I enjoy simming a year and then looking at what has happened that year. I honestly love the data and can't find a fault with it

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  20. #480
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,022
    Rep Power
    48350

    Re: TEW 2016

    It does seem to vary quite notably. I did a test sim and Flair retired pretty early. Like 2002. Another one, and he's still working into 2005.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •