Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 47

Thread: Prince has passed away

  1. #21
    WRAITH BABES!!
    Professor Booty's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,111
    Rep Power
    170266

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    RIP Prince. One of the greatest.

    Btw, I really get annoyed with everyone bitching about the year. Every year is like this. Every year people die and people are born. This is the world we live in.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Actually celebrity deaths this year have increased soo there is like facts and such

  2. #22
    Runaway Train.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Providence, BH
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Power
    810

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Whoa, this one was a shock to the system. Though, I remember reports, about two weeks ago, about him being immediately hospitalized for an unspecified condition and I'm not sure I ever heard of him being released since then. Such a talented performer, a great entertainer, and a charmingly anomalous personality. For whatever reason, I thought Prince was invincible.

  3. #23
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    30,637
    Rep Power
    215438
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Prince has passed away

    So we lose the Prince of Pop in Michael Jackson, and now we lose the Prince of Love in Prince. Just a sad day all along to lose this legend in the music industry, When Doves cry still my favorite Prince song ever.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 04-21-2016 at 03:02 PM.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  4. #24
    Internet Favorite
    Cereal Killer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    2,129
    Rep Power
    30150
      Country                    United States

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    So we lose the Prince of Pop in Michael Jackson, and now we love the Prince of Love in Prince. Just a sad day all along to lose this legend in the music industry, When Doves cry still my favorite Prince song ever.
    Michael Jackson was the King of Pop.

    It's sad. But be thankful you get to say RIP Prince and RIP Bowie instead of the next generation who has to cry as they say RIP Nick Jonas - comedian Brad Williams


    Edit: More important than anything...MTV has stopped it's normal programming to show Prince music as a tribute.
    Last edited by Cereal Killer; 04-21-2016 at 03:07 PM.

  5. #25
    WRAITH BABES!!
    Professor Booty's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,111
    Rep Power
    170266

    Prince has passed away

    Good move on their part
    Last edited by Professor Booty; 04-21-2016 at 03:43 PM.

  6. #26

    Panther's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Not Djibouti
    Posts
    6,381
    Rep Power
    262318
      Country                    Djibouti

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Michael Jackson was the King of Pop.

    It's sad. But be thankful you get to say RIP Prince and RIP Bowie instead of the next generation who has to cry as they say RIP Nick Jonas - comedian Brad Williams
    I hate to be joke dissector guy but that sort of implies Nick Jonas is one of the biggest music stars of our era which is just patently untrue. That generation will be mourning the deaths of people like Adele, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, etc etc, which will still be tremendously sad.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  7. #27
    Internet Favorite
    Cereal Killer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Shermer, IL
    Posts
    2,129
    Rep Power
    30150
      Country                    United States

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I hate to be joke dissector guy but that sort of implies Nick Jonas is one of the biggest music stars of our era which is just patently untrue. That generation will be mourning the deaths of people like Adele, Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, etc etc, which will still be tremendously sad.
    Okay...good for you. Just trying to bring a little levity to the situation.

  8. #28
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    4,872
    Rep Power
    326341

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Okay...good for you. Just trying to bring a little levity to the situation.
    You are totally nailing it.

  9. #29
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    44,469
    Rep Power
    631926
      Country                    United States

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    Okay...good for you. Just trying to bring a little levity to the situation.
    You're no PornHub, though...

    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  10. #30
    Stone Pitbull
    MitchMiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,495
    Rep Power
    185338
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Prince has passed away

    RIP Prince, one of the most talented artists of all time

  11. #31
    WC Hall Of Famer
    Flock U's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kewanee IL
    Posts
    3,843
    Rep Power
    21797

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Seems like a fitting Tribue to a Great Musician


  12. #32
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    30,637
    Rep Power
    215438
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Prince like Michael Jackson to me had the type of music when you were bummed about the day, you could listen to a song or two and the day would just get better like that.



    Kevin Smith just posted this on his personal Youtube channel. I've seen it before, but for those who haven't enjoy.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 04-21-2016 at 07:05 PM.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  13. #33
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    25,365
    Rep Power
    491789
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Prince has passed away

    I had the privilege of meeting Prince a couple of times back when he lived in Toronto so I thought I'd share those stories here in his memory.

    The first time I bumped into him was at a local downtown record store. I had just finished listening to a CD I was thinking of buying, turned around and he was standing right in front of me. He looked at the CD in my hand, asked if it was any good and I told him that I liked it but it had nothing on Around the World in a Day. This got a pretty decent chuckle out of him and he thanked me for the review. I'm not the star struck type so I didn't really think of the magnitude of meeting Prince at the time, to me he was just another music fan in one of TO's best underground music shops.

    Fast forward about a year later, my future ex-wife and I were out to dinner at a small jazz club/restaurant and lo and behold Prince comes strutting in with his wife. They were shown to a table near us and on the way by we made eye contact, he stopped the manager, came over to our table, shook my hand and told his wife that I'd once given a glowing review to Around the World in a Day. At that point I became star struck because I legitimately couldn't believe that a mega-star like Prince had even remembered me, let alone our brief conversation. I managed to blurt out that I thought Sign 'O' the Times was even better, he laughed and said maybe he'd bump into me at the record store again. That never happened, but the memories of those two encounters will be with me forever.

    Now I'm sad thinking about it so I'm going to go put on Around the World in a Day and mourn the loss of one of the greatest musicians the world has ever known. RIP.


    Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.


    Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

    WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters Episode II: Attack of the Sequel~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!








  14. #34
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    30,637
    Rep Power
    215438
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I had the privilege of meeting Prince a couple of times back when he lived in Toronto so I thought I'd share those stories here in his memory.

    The first time I bumped into him was at a local downtown record store. I had just finished listening to a CD I was thinking of buying, turned around and he was standing right in front of me. He looked at the CD in my hand, asked if it was any good and I told him that I liked it but it had nothing on Around the World in a Day. This got a pretty decent chuckle out of him and he thanked me for the review. I'm not the star struck type so I didn't really think of the magnitude of meeting Prince at the time, to me he was just another music fan in one of TO's best underground music shops.

    Fast forward about a year later, my future ex-wife and I were out to dinner at a small jazz club/restaurant and lo and behold Prince comes strutting in with his wife. They were shown to a table near us and on the way by we made eye contact, he stopped the manager, came over to our table, shook my hand and told his wife that I'd once given a glowing review to Around the World in a Day. At that point I became star struck because I legitimately couldn't believe that a mega-star like Prince had even remembered me, let alone our brief conversation. I managed to blurt out that I thought Sign 'O' the Times was even better, he laughed and said maybe he'd bump into me at the record store again. That never happened, but the memories of those two encounters will be with me forever.

    Now I'm sad thinking about it so I'm going to go put on Around the World in a Day and mourn the loss of one of the greatest musicians the world has ever known. RIP.


    Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.
    If I didn't have to spread rep I would give you rep Fuji. Those were great stories, man I met someone like Prince I would be star struck and not know what to say to honest. Eventually I would come off cloud 9 and talk, but I think Prince remembered you because you're honest, humble and that's a rarity in people these days.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

  15. #35
    Your Graphics Heel

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    1159

    Re: Prince has passed away

    RIP to Prince. I certainly liked a few of his 80s hits, but I can't claim to have been a huge fan. I thought he was interesting and listened to interviews in the past though. I'll check out an album start to finish.

    Having said that, I used to think it would have been cool if he had collaborated with Robert Smith for a song or two (prince of Paisley meets the prince of Goth...though he hated the goth label).

    1st WC Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT GFX CHAMPION

  16. #36
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    4,872
    Rep Power
    326341

    Re: Prince has passed away

    I'm trying to imagine what that would sound like and I'm struggling. Love both artists though.

  17. #37
    Your Graphics Heel

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    519
    Rep Power
    1159

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I'm trying to imagine what that would sound like and I'm struggling. Love both artists though.
    It would sound awesome and bizarre. I'd imagine the Cure song Six Different Ways or the Prince song When Doves Cry with Prince and Robert taking turns singing on the verses and then in harmony. Better would be taking the trippy elements of that Cure song and merging it with beat of the Prince song.

    Beyond that, they're both very underrated guitarists and could just jam and create something memorable.

    1st WC Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT GFX CHAMPION

  18. #38
    Tranquilo
    Jimmy King's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    6,760
    Rep Power
    141389
      Country                    United States

    Re: Prince has passed away

    My late sister was a huge fan of Prince, as well as Michael Jackson so I like to think they're both putting on one hell of a show together up there and she's in attendance having the best time. I enjoyed a lot of his songs, especially one of the ones he did for Batman called "Partyman". I've never seen Purple Rain either, so now is a good time for me to change that.

    RIP Prince.
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 04-22-2016 at 12:50 AM.


    Rest in power, Flock U

    Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

  19. #39
    On Vacation
    Crocker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    48,774
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    England

    Prince has passed away

    Great story Fuji.

  20. #40
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Kairi HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    30,637
    Rep Power
    215438
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Prince has passed away

    Man I heard Prince didn't have a Will made to use after his death. Now it seems like 6 or 7 of his Siblings are going to be split his assets 6 ways. That's going to be a problem, because their might people who maybe had a relationship more than the other, and they are going to get the same amount of money like the others. Also what about the royalties from his Music, how will that be handled? I hope this thing with the Siblings doesn't turn ugly.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

    Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •