Thread: Payback 2016 - WWE Women's Champion Charlotte vs. Natalya

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Payback Payback 2016 - WWE Women's Champion Charlotte vs. Natalya

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    If you come at the Queen, you best not miss. And with a make-or-break opportunity for Charlotte’s WWE Women’s Championship staring her in the face, Natalya will do the one thing a challenger does to ensure she doesn’t miss her shot: She’s bringing in backup.

Having been thwarted by Charlotte’s valet/manager/stage daddy/partner-in-crime Ric Flair on numerous occasions — The Nature Boy’s presence decided the pair’s Divas Title Match at WWE Roadblock and a recent rumble for the Women’s Championship on Raw — The Queen of Harts has conscripted her uncle, WWE Hall of Famer Bret “Hit Man” Hart, to her side to help even the odds against The Dirtiest Players in the Game.

On paper, this was a necessary, bordering on game-changing, move. Charlotte has proven herself to be a champion who will do anything and everything to maintain a hold over WWE’s resurgent Women’s division. The Nature Boy has been the hinge on which many of Charlotte’s signature victories (including the WrestleMania Triple Threat that landed her the new title in the first place) have swung.

Natalya has attempted to prove in recent weeks that heart and skill are the true marks of a champion, but she hasn’t much to show for walking the high road: only a disqualification defeat of Charlotte on Raw, thanks to Flair, and a tapout of the champion in an eight-woman affair that had already softened Charlotte up for the Sharpshooter. Having Uncle Bret on her side could truly even out the contest into the one-on-one bout The Queen of Harts has claimed from the start she can’t be beaten in.

But to beat the woman at WWE Payback, Natalya doesn’t just have to make history, she has to overcome history. Perhaps adding Bret to the equation is just what she needs. Flair isn’t everything, after all. Sometimes, all it takes to win the big one is a little more Hart than your opponent. If nothing else, Natalya definitely has that now.

This legendary battle for the WWE Women’s Title unfolds at WWE Payback, airing live on the award-winning WWE Network Sunday, May 1, at 8 ET/5 PT.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Payback 2016 - WWE Women's Champion Charlotte vs. Natalya

Can't wait for this, I'm sure it will be a second straight great Women's match in a row!

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

If this was just Charlotte vs Natalya, I would pick Charlotte with ease but something tells me that with Bret in her corner she will upset Charlotte and win the title here.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

This is Charlotte's career coming full circle. We've seen this before in NXT and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that was the night Charlotte won the NXT women's championship. I feel like this will go exactly the same way. Their hitching their wagon on her and I don't see her dropping that belt to anyone but Sasha (or maybe Bayley) purely for the story aspect of that pairing.

This will be another great match between two very good talents and if the trend continues it'll be their best match thus far.

Say My Name

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    This is Charlotte's career coming full circle. We've seen this before in NXT and it was thoroughly enjoyable. Someone with a better memory can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that was the night Charlotte won the NXT women's championship. I feel like this will go exactly the same way. Their hitching their wagon on her and I don't see her dropping that belt to anyone but Sasha (or maybe Bayley) purely for the story aspect of that pairing.

This will be another great match between two very good talents and if the trend continues it'll be their best match thus far.
    Yep was the night she won it in the final of the tournament they ran after Paige had been called up to the main roster. I'm looking forward to this. If it is anywhere near as good as their Roadblock match then we're in for a treat.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Loved their NXT match at the time (it was the first time I really watched NXT as well so always an even bigger love for the match and i do believe they can produce something just as good as that. Charlotte has gotten a lot better since that first encounter and Nattie is a competent divas wrestler. Good first post Mania feud for Charlotte to which allows a decent break from Sasha & Lynch. No way Nattie wins this though, I can see them keeping the title on Charlotte until at least Summerslam where Sasha takes it from her.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    ro=Romania

Nattie vs Charlotte. Second generation vs second generation . A Hart vs a Flair. What more can you ask? It is a great idea to match them up and while i'd love to see the Nattie win here , as she would be a great champion , it goes to Charlotte. As mentioned above , her reign will only end with Sasha Banks taking the title. So it makes sense to retain. Nonetheless , i am looking forward to this as a great match .

Still Kicking It

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, their match at Takeover was underrated and one of Charlotte's better defenses. It will be a great buffer match before Charlotte fights Sasha.

On Vacation

Status

Bret stated in an interview that he doesn't even want to be there.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Then why is he?

Bret Hart is one of the reasons I love pro-wrestling but regardless of his opinions of the current WWE product he shouldn't be shitting on this, even if it's just out of respect for Nattie.

Dick move Bret.

3rd Degree WC HallofFamer

Status

Poor Anvil his daughter needs a relative to be at ring side with her and they take her cancer ridden uncle who doesn't wanna be there over her actual father who I'm sure would be fine with being there.

Spoiler:

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    Poor Anvil his daughter needs a relative to be at ring side with her and they take her cancer ridden uncle who doesn't wanna be there over her actual father who I'm sure would be fine with being there.
    It's not quite so simple. For one, WWE obviously wants Bret to be a legend equal to Ric as a counterbalance. Neidhart, obviously, is not that. But more than that, Neidhart's not exactly been a choir boy the last 5 years. Even if status wasn't an issue, WWE likely wants little to nothing to do with the Anvil due to those personal demons. Again, I don't know if Neidhart's been clean for a while or what the story is, but I think WWE sees this as too much of a risk for little reward bringing Neidhart into the fold in any way, shape, or form.

Sad though, either way. Also, dick move on Bret. You'd think somebody who's been in the business as long as he had would know to keep his mouth shut for the sake of a family member.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Cancer seems to have brought out the "zero fucks" side of Bret's personality, which is providing its fair share of great quotes.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Cancer seems to have brought out the "zero fucks" side of Bret's personality, which is providing its fair share of great quotes.
    When has Bret ever really given a fuck? Dude's been shitting on the company for years

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    When has Bret ever really given a fuck? Dude's been shitting on the company for years
    True he just seem particularly full of vinegar recently.

Still Kicking It

Status

Seriously, could they find more creative ways to screw somebody besides the Montreal Screwjob?

Thread Information