Thread: Payback 2016 - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Payback Payback 2016 - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Since day one, the careers of Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens have followed essentially the same path. Zayn and Owens ascended the ranks of independent wrestling’s ladder in step, graduating from the rough-and-tumble, if dimly lit, circuits of their native Quebec to the relatively brighter lights of international competition, before rising all the way to NXT and, finally, WWE.

In times of peace, Zayn and Owens’ journeys, supported by their close, mutual friendship, ran parallel. However, when their journeys intersect — as they will at WWE Payback — the result is always the same: pure, unadulterated carnage.

Operating under the unofficial motto that they are “destined to do this forever,” Zayn and Owens have been at each other’s throats since Zayn returned to WWE during January’s Royal Rumble Match, in which he ejected The Prizefighter. Before that, the last time the two had met was in NXT the year before, where they warred over the NXT Championship.

The Underdog from the Underground then helped spoil KO-Mania, collapsing Owens with an insane suplex on a ladder which took the defending Intercontinental Champion out of the running and ultimately cost him the title. As retribution, Owens ambushed Zayn the following night, preventing the Superstar from competing in that evening’s WWE World Heavyweight Championship No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match.

The deeply personal ill will between these former best friends goes far beyond what the WWE Universe has observed in recent months. As has been well documented, the fact that Zayn was signed to NXT before Owens seemed to cause resentment; Owens, meanwhile, insists that Zayn simply rode his coattails all these many years.

Given the severity of their conflict, what type of punishment will Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens inflict on each other at WWE Payback, and which Superstar will take one step closer to proving himself the dominant combatant? Watch their years-long rivalry boil over at WWE Payback, live on the award-winning WWE Network Sunday, May 1, at 8 ET/5 PT.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: Payback 2016 - Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Surreal. Not only is it Kevin Steen vs. El Generico on a WWE PPV, but they've been acknowledging their history and also used the "destined to do this forever" line.

A line I egotistically like to think I helped a small part in popularising with a Final Battle 2012 hype video I did with that title, shortly after Steen first said it in a promo. It did the rounds quite well before ROH took it down, I remember Steen and Corino even retweeting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Ecstasy View Post
    Surreal. Not only is it Kevin Steen vs. El Generico on a WWE PPV, but they've been acknowledging their history and also used the "destined to do this forever" line.

A line I egotistically like to think I helped a small part in popularising with a Final Battle 2012 hype video I did with that title, shortly after Steen first said it in a promo. It did the rounds quite well before ROH took it down, I remember Steen and Corino even retweeting it.
    You still have it uploaded? I'd like to see it.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Zayn wins here but gets attacked and taken out by Owens after the match

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    ro=Romania

Double DQ or count-out , double pin. It won't have a winner. This will go all the spring , probably ending in June . It will be one hell of a ride.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    England

Looking forward to this the most of any match on the card. I'd happily watch Zayn and Owens wrestle at every PPV from now to the end of time tbh.
    Follow me on Twitter! @Harry_Sherlock

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah I'm stoked for this match. I'm guessing a no contest and then they have two more matches to close the feud.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    ro=Romania

This is a feud that could lead all the way to Summerslam. And i wouldn't mind seeing the two battle it out in any type of match . I think there chemistry is off the charts.

Thread Information