Thread: Boxing in all it's glory

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Boxing in all it's glory

You know when I'm not watching Wrestling, listening to music or watching or reading Anime, I'm watching the Sport of Boxing. I love the old days and the current era of Boxers trying to get their foot in the door. I thought theirs some closet Boxing fans here from what I've seen in the SB. So why not post bouts between great fighters putting it all on the line. In February 19, 2000, Marco Antonio Barrera met Erik Morales for the first time over the WBO Super Bantamweight title. Many people like myself thought Barrera won that fight, but Morales won the first fight over him 115-112, 114-113 and 113-114 in a split decision. That first fight was rated as the fight of the year in 2000 and the war between the two was far from over. Two years later the rematch between the two happened, when the first fight was a brawl for it all, this second fight was a very tactical fight between the two. Barrera won the second fight over Morales with scores of 116-112 and 115-113, while also capturing the WBC Featherweight title over Morales. I thought Morales edged the win in that second fight, that's Boxing I'm I right. In between Morales would later state before the last fight Barrera wasn't in his league, and the victory was for the HBO, and he made it seem HBO liked Barrera over him. After Manny Pacquaio defeated Barrera, the third fight was set for November 27, 2004 over the WBC Super Featherweight title. Watch this war the last three rounds are so are one of the greatest I've seen since I started watching Boxing.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-04-2017 at 12:57 AM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Pain does not lie

Status

Re: Boxing in all it's glory

You know people always each other who was the person or match that got you into Wrestling? When it comes to the Sport of Boxing I was already a fan when Tyson came into the game, and I fell off with it after Tito Trinidad wasn't as good as he was in the late 90's. So I needed a reason to get into Boxing again and Ward/Gatti's trilogy brought be back in. If you ever want to start watching Boxing check this first fight between two legendary fighters fighting in a Phone Booth like Jim Lampley said during the Broadcast. I get chills and want to come to tears during rounds of this fight because you can see both guys laying it all on the line this night. I believe this fight won The Ring Magazine's Fight of the Year for 2002 and if anyone watches this you find out why people hold it in such high regard.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Pain does not lie

Status

Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard I[WBC Welterweight World Title]

Two the best pound going at it and not ducking each other like Boxers do today. Duran was 71-1 leading to this bout with Sugar Ray and the to some the best fighter in the world. Mr.Hands of Stone himself used every tactic before the fight to get in the head of Sugar Ray and to he felt a little different as a fighter. I think he was psyched out, and you can't second guess yourself as a Boxer especially this guy you'll be in a coma. Sugar Ray wanted to play the game of Duran of a slugfest instead of using his speed and his hand speed to keep Duran off guard which he learned in the second fight and how he dominated Duran. I think the majority of people remember the rematch aka the No Mas fight, but this fight was one of the greatest Boxing fights ever, and one of the most profitable for both Boxers.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 02-21-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Pain does not lie

Status

After the great Heavyweight Fight with Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko, I thought why not update this thread on another great Heavyweight Bout with Evander Holyfield and Riddick Bowe. I always thought Holyfield was a small weight Fighter, with a body of a Heavyweight. He gave alot of Heavyweights over the years in his prime problems with his nimble feet, to which I think Joshua could be the next big thing in the division he likes to fight, but his nimbleness can keep him from getting hit. Bowe was just a slugger and he the wars he had with Bowe affected him later in his career, he was really broken down from it. Round 10 one of the best Rounds in Boxing.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information