Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 32 - Seven Man Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

WrestleMania 32 - Seven Man Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Six Superstars threaten to steal the spotlight from Kevin Owens in what is sure to be a chaotic race to the Intercontinental Championship.

Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens may have thought that there was no one deserving enough to challenge him at “KO-Mania,” but he didn’t have a say in the matter, as he must now defend his title against six Superstars in a Ladder Match on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

The Prizefighter has been bragging for weeks about the lack of worthy competition as WrestleMania approaches. All the while, Owens was drawing the ire of Dolph Ziggler, The Miz and Sami Zayn, who returned to Raw searching for retribution against his longtime friend-turned-enemy. All three had gripes with Owens and were on the hunt for his championship. As the three argued with each other on the March 21 edition of Raw, the cunning Owens began hatching a plan that he believed would help him keep the Intercontinental Title beyond WrestleMania.

Owens promised Zayn, Ziggler and Miz that he would talk to The Authority about making a Triple Threat Match to determine his Show of Shows opponent. Owens did just that, convincing a distracted Stephanie McMahon to allow him to set the match up. Later that night, however, Owens revealed his scheme to the WWE Universe when he introduced the three participants in the battle: Zack Ryder, Sin Cara and Stardust. The Prizefighter was pleased with himself as he joined the baffled Raw announce team. Zayn, The Showoff and The Awesome One, each furious with Owens, made their way to ringside to confront the champion as Sin Cara, Ryder and Stardust battled inside the squared circle for what seemed to be a huge opportunity.

Things quickly turned chaotic as Ziggler, Miz and Zayn attacked Owens. The melee then spilled into the ring and engulfed Long Island Iced-Z, the Lucha Dragon and The Prince of Dark Matter, bringing their title hopes to a crashing halt. However, the six of them soon united against a common enemy, Owens, and sent the Intercontinental Champion reeling from the ring.

Owens’ plan soon disintegrated as he retreated to The Authority’s office, where Stephanie was trying to deal with the looming threat of Roman Reigns. The Prizefighter still claimed there was no one worthy of challenging him at WrestleMania, but was quickly rebuffed by Stephanie, who declared that Owens would now defend his title against all six men at The Show of Shows. When Owens seemed to protest, she took things one step further, making the battle a Ladder Match.

Kevin Owens has demanded that the spotlight be on him on The Grandest Stage of Them All. He’ll have just that at WrestleMania. Will he be able to retrieve his title, or will one of his six challengers scale to new heights and etch a WrestleMania moment? Find out Sunday, April 3, at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT, live on WWE Network!

I still can't believe this got booked
    Last edited by Order; 03-22-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Re: WrestleMania 32 - Seven Man Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match

This just doesn't make any sense to me. The only argument I've heard is that they might have done this to push back Owens/Zayn as a singles feud until after Mania so it can get more attention. Fuck that. I know they don't have a lot of build, but the story is there and it doesn't get any bigger than Mania. Yet we get a fucking singles match between Kalisto and Ryback. Get the fuck outta here.

edit- Just saw an awesome stat on Reddit.

"The last time Zack Ryder was in a non-battle royal PPV match was Night of Champions 2012. He unsuccessfully challenged Antonio Cesaro for the US title. WM 32 will be only Ryder's 6th ever non-battle royal PPV match (8th when you include preshow matches)"

Amazing...
    Last edited by PeepShow; 03-22-2016 at 09:34 PM.

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah I read that Ryder got the spot which was meant for Neville but the way they setup the match was terrible. This is such a waste of Owens and Zayn although I appreciate they will probably go into a singles programme after Mania. The thing that annoys me is literally there is no way anyone but them two have a chance which takes a lot of the fun element out of the spot fest it will be.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    The thing that annoys me is literally there is no way anyone but them two have a chance which takes a lot of the fun element out of the spot fest it will be.
    This is another reason. Should have just had the US title be the ladder match and have the other five in that.

Also, how low on the totem pole is Tyler Breeze right now that he got jumped by Zack Ryder? Wow.

On Vacation

Status

I'm really pumped for this match. I was afraid StarDust wasn't going to make the card, so this really got me excited. I loved the build on RAW. I wish it got some more time to develop the feud between all of them, but I'm good with this. Zayn vs. Owens for the IC title should have happened, but WWE put themselves into this situation. It would have been a huge waste to have Zayn vs. Owens on the main roster face off one-on-one with only a week or two of build.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

What happened to the Stardust/Amell shit they were still plugging about a month ago?

This feels like someone sneezed while making booking decisions and mixed up Kalisto and Kevin Owens. Surely and seven mad ladder spotfest is more suited to the US title and a one-on-one slugfest would make more sense between Owens and Zayn?

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

5 jobbers here don't belong.

Everyone's got it about right. Those five should jump over to the Ryback/Kalisto match for a 7-jobber ladder match while Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn steal the show in a singles match.

Todd Chavez: I'm deeply sad and nothing can make me happy.

Also, eat the rich.

The Flow

Status

Such a random matchup, would have rather had Tyler Breeze in the match than Zack Ryder. That would have made way more sense considering the feud he had with Ziggler.

On Vacation

Status

That was five months ago though, since then he's entered the bad books and that's why he's losing to the likes of Ryder & Swagger on Superstars these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Flow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    That was five months ago though, since then he's entered the bad books and that's why he's losing to the likes of Ryder & Swagger on Superstars these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's definitely true, actually I forgot about Swagger why isn't he in the match? He definitely makes more sense than Ryder.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

This match pretty much epitomises the current WWE booking scramble. The amount of injuries sucks, certainly, but how the fuck do you justify giving us Kalisto/Ryback and not Owens/Zayn. You're money draws are debatable at best so throw something out there that will at least get the hardcore fan buzzing and create excitement. I'm not shitting on Kalisto or Ryback, they both have their strengths and I think they might put out something mildly entertaining at the very least... but no one on the planet could argue that match will create more buzz than Owens and Zayn facing off for the Intercontinental title ar WrestleMania! With all that history, it's a fucking no brainer!

On Vacation

Status

I get why people are pissed that Owens/Zayn didn't happen at this WM. But I can see them holding off on that for another WM when the two become even bigger stars. If they did it at this WM, it would have gotten very little build. Just imagine how much better it'd be if Owens was WWE Champion next year and Zayn won the Royal Rumble? They'd have a nice long build to it. Even if it's not for the world title, I would have preferred a longer build than a rushed one. This gives us a nice spot fest with the two of them in the match, while not blowing the epicness that is an Owens/Zayn match.

Established Veteran

Status

Zayn/Owens should have been a singles match. If they really wanted a ladder match, could have had them to do it for the US Title. It's shocking that Ryder and Sin Cara, especially Ryder are on the main card and in the IC title match. Very disappointing. Awful way to set up the match. Feel sorry for Tyler Breeze who will be relegated to the pre-show battle royal. Harper and Bray are injured and they are likely to miss WM. Shame Neville couldn't be in this match due to his injury. If it hadn't been for Neville's injury, Ryder would have been jobber fodder in the battle royal. On the Raw fallout, Ryder said for the past four years he's done nothing of relevance except work very hard. Hope Owens retains the title.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post

Also, how low on the totem pole is Tyler Breeze right now that he got jumped by Zack Ryder? Wow.
    Maybe Emma's got more stroke than we thought.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Maybe. I mean, the same week Zack gets a title match at Mania, she gets back onto the main roster.

Good week for them.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Lana obviously isn't impressing in training and considered too much of a risk to include in the 4 on 4. Says a lot that they let Snooki hit a few spots at mania 27, but don't want Lana wrestling.

I don't understand some people's attempts at giving this match a pass with 'oh but it's better to save Owens/Zayn for another event'. If there's a match that doesn't need saving, it's Owens Vs Zayn, it's a feud built on the foundation that the fans are aware that these guys have a history with one another and will keep crossing paths in the WWE as long as one of them is employed; it's not a first time encounter, there's two version of the match on the WWE Network. I'm excited for Sami to face about a dozen guys on the main roster, but before any of that happens, he has to face Kevin Owens because that's his destiny, to get revenge. There is no bigger stage to have the first ever Owens/Zayn WWE match on, they story was ready made and doesn't need much time to hype it up, and on a night where WWE have their most hardcore fans to cater for, KOMania Vs WrestleZaynia fits the bill way more than a 7 man ladder clusterfuck does.

I've always thought the theme of getting everyone onto the mania card somehow is backwards, a spot on the main mania card should be for your stars and best wrestlers, not the likes of Zack Ryder and Sin Cara who wouldn't get a singles PPV match on any other night of the year.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Lana obviously isn't impressing in training and considered too much of a risk to include in the 4 on 4. Says a lot that they let Snooki hit a few spots at mania 27, but don't want Lana wrestling.
    I was talking about getting Zack a title shot on the card.

Still Kicking It

Status

I was hoping for another chapter in the Zayn/Owens feud. Instead we Owens vs. a bunch of guys not positioned for the IC title, including Ziggler who's booked as a spot monkey in multi-man matches. If they really invest in the Owens/Zayn feud, I could see it as a main event at WM one day.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I've always thought the theme of getting everyone onto the mania card somehow is backwards, a spot on the main mania card should be for your stars and best wrestlers, not the likes of Zack Ryder and Sin Cara who wouldn't get a singles PPV match on any other night of the year.
    It's, y'know, nice that WWE want the whole roster to benefit from the huge draw that WrestleMania is but it does seem strange to push people that aren't in a position to be on the card, onto the card, just so that they are on the card...

It's the same kind of problem I have with Night of Champions (which should really be presented as if it's as big a deal as 'Mania because it's the only night of the year that all the titles are defended) because the WWE say one thing through the promotion and announce team but book something totally different, so that when we get there what we have is something somewhere in the middle.

If they wanna give Zack Ryder and Sin Cara a bonus after WrestleMania, then give them a bonus. They don't have to be on the card for that to happen, they just have to be employed by the company and be loyal, trustworthy and solid workers in that machine... hell, they just have to be employed in the company to get a company wide bonus.

On Vacation

Status

One of the reasons they put all the guys in the IC title match rather than the US Title match could be because the US Title might get moved to the pre show.

Another reason could be that they want to get the belt of Owens without him losing so he could have a run in the main event picture(They are short of heels in that department).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information