Thread: Zombieland 2 (2019)

Status
      Country                    United States

Zombieland 2 (2019)

‘Zombieland 2’ Is Still in the Works at Sony

Almost a year and a half ago it was reported Zombieland 2 was on the fast track at Sony. A writer on the first two Expendables movies, Dave Callaham, was tapped to write the sequel for director Ruben Fleischer (30 Minutes or Less). We haven’t heard a lot about it since then, but according to the screenwriters of the first film, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, Zombieland 2 is still very much alive.

Find out what they had to say about the sequel below.

A sequel was talked about shortly after the original film’s 2009 release. Fleischer’s zombie road comedy was an unexpected hit, with both critics and audiences. A few years after Zombieland‘s release, though, a sequel seemed less likely.

The Playlist dug up some details on Zombieland 2, confirming it’s still in development at Sony. Screenwriter Rhett Reese gave this update regarding the sequel:

It’s actually still in development at Sony, they’ve had a couple writers take a crack at it, we’re still exec producers and we’re guiding and helping where we can and I think there’s still very much talk about it, but I think it has to be right. I think all the actors and [original ‘Zombieland’ director] Ruben [Fleischer], all feel like there’s no reason to do it again if we’re not getting it exactly right.

At the end of the first movie, it’s easy to imagine more adventures with that group of friends, and showing how those characters and the world has evolved over the years could be quite fun.

All of the talent involved in the first movie is doing just fine, so nobody is probably struggling for that Zombieland 2 paycheck. If we actually see a Zombieland 2, with the original talent involved, then the project will probably get made for the right reasons.

The Zombieland name almost lived on in Amazon’s streaming service. A pilot, which Reese and Wernick were involved in, was made, but it never went to series. Reese had this to say about why the potential Amazon series didn’t move forward:

We’re never sure why. They talked about their demo and the kind of audiences they were trying to please and how the ‘Zombieland’ crowd was too young for them. I think Amazon prime memberships are more geared towards the head of the household.

Around two years ago Reese expressed how proud he was of everyone involved in the pilot, but mentioned that the fans of the first movie weren’t exactly supportive. As for Zombieland 2, do the fans of the first movie still want to see a sequel?
    Loved the first, hopefully they don't wait too long for the sequel.

stressed but chillin

Status

Re: Zombieland 2 (TBA)

After seeing Zoolander 2 and other shitty comedy sequels that are released five plus years after the first movie's release, I kind of hope they don't make a second movie. Don't get me wrong I do think a sequel could succeed if they bring back most if not all of the original cast, and I would like to see the sequel to do well if it were to materialize. It's just that I don't see the point of making a second one other than to just try and cash in. They could easily expand upon the universe and what happened to the main characters after the first, but I just don't feel that it's necessary.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Negasonic Teenage Warhead View Post
    After seeing Zoolander 2 and other shitty comedy sequels that are released five plus years after the first movie's release, I kind of hope they don't make a second movie. Don't get me wrong I do think a sequel could succeed if they bring back most if not all of the original cast, and I would like to see the sequel to do well if it were to materialize. It's just that I don't see the point of making a second one other than to just try and cash in. They could easily expand upon the universe and what happened to the main characters after the first, but I just don't feel that it's necessary.
    I was about to make this exact same post Comedy sequels seem like such a fucking waste. We all actually get excited about them and then when it comes closer and closer to their release, people suddenly realize how terrible of an idea it was to try and replicate what made the first one great.

Can't wait for the celebrity cameo that everyone will spoil immediately like they did with the first one.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    I was about to make this exact same post Comedy sequels seem like such a fucking waste. We all actually get excited about them and then when it comes closer and closer to their release, people suddenly realize how terrible of an idea it was to try and replicate what made the first one great.

Can't wait for the celebrity cameo that everyone will spoil immediately like they did with the first one.
    It is pretty terrible watching them try to recreate the same gags as the prior movie.

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Spoiler: It'll be Murray as a real zombie

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Negasonic Teenage Warhead View Post
    Spoiler: It'll be Murray as a real zombie
    You're probably right.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Comedy sequels are just always a terrible idea. There's a few that I enjoy despite being shadows of their former selves (Horrible Bosses, a good recent example), but there's almost no comedy sequel that I feel stands up to the first one. Wayne's World 2 and 22 Jump Street are the only two I can really think of.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Yooooo Mang

Status

I personally love Clerks 2 and Police Academy 2,3, & 4 all equal the original imo but yes generally comedy sequels are bad especially when a ton of time has passed

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Comedy sequels are just always a terrible idea. There's a few that I enjoy despite being shadows of their former selves (Horrible Bosses, a good recent example), but there's almost no comedy sequel that I feel stands up to the first one. Wayne's World 2 and 22 Jump Street are the only two I can really think of.
    Eh, aside from a few bits, Wayne's World 2 doesn't really hold up the older it gets. 22 Jump Street was terrific though because they were smart and poked fun at the industry and themselves so people can hop along with the joke and feel more comfortable diving into a premise that probably shouldnt have been done anyway.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

Yeah 22 Jump Street really handled it about as perfectly as you could, I think.

Now that I think about it, second Austin Powers wasn't too bad either.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

Christmas Vacation was an awesome sequel, Clerks 2, The Naked Gun 2½ was pretty good. Hot Shots! Part Deux, Gremlins 2 was pretty decent. Home Alone 2

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Cannonball Run Part II is arguably better than the first one. Comedy sequels aren't always good, but there are certainly exceptions.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Bruce Willis Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    The Cannonball Run Part II is arguably better than the first one. Comedy sequels aren't always good, but there are certainly exceptions.
    Shit I forgot about that one and I agree fully

Status

Re: Zombieland 2 (2019)

Zombieland 2 on Track for October 2019 Release with Original Cast

Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the screenwriting duo behind 2009’s comedy horror hit Zombieland, told Vulture that they are hoping for an October 2019 release date for Zombieland 2, the highly-anticipated sequel that has taken some time getting off the ground. Reese and Wernick also confirmed that the original Zombieland cast will be returni

Wernick commented: “We’re going on the tenth anniversary of Zombieland. Zombieland came out October of 2009. We don’t know what you get someone for their tenth anniversary, but it may be a Zombieland 2… The hope is that we’re shooting that thing early 2019 for an October ’19 release. With the original cast, by the way.”

“We are sitting on information that we can’t entirely share at this moment, but we can just say we think fans of Zombieland who have been hoping for a Zombieland 2, that we will grant their wish very, very soon,” the writer added.

Set in a zombie post-apocalypse and filtered through a darkly comic lens, the original Zombieland hit theaters in 2009 and stars Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone and Abigail Breslin as survivors attempting to outlast the living dead. The movie earned $102.4 million worldwide off a $23.6 million budget.

Since the original Zombieland hit theaters nearly 10 years ago, Reese and Wernick have been busy penning 2016’s Deadpool alongside co-writer and star Ryan Reynolds, Deadpool 2, Life, G.I Joe: Retaliation, the upcoming board-game adaptation of Clue as well as Michael Bay’s Six Underground. The two are also producers on Cowboy Ninja Viking, the graphic novel adaptation starring Chris Pratt and releasing in 2019.
    Here we go! Liked the first one.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Original Cast still on board is the only reason why I'll watch the sequel. I loved the original and I think we could get a good sequel to this, wonder who will join the gang because most likely theirs going to be a time skip right?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Loved the first, but I dunno, feels like too much time has passed now. Everyone being ten years older will at least add a different dynamic to it

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information