Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1133

Thread: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

  1. #1
    Comeback King
    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    14,185
    Rep Power
    641201
      Country                    England

    WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread



    We are just six weeks away from the biggest WrestleMania of all-time with over 100,000 people expected to fill the AT&T Stadium in Texas. Join us on Wrestling Clique for a lively discussion on the biggest sports entertainment night of the year!

  2. #2
    Cardcaptor
    Sakura's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The Northwoods
    Posts
    8,568
    Rep Power
    1026778

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    So Shane O Mac vs Taker at Mania in Taker's home state is a thing.........

    I'm actually shocked and exited. Who else is?
    Everything will surely be alright.



  3. #3
    The Only 2x WC HOF
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    23,438
    Rep Power
    2874516
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    I think it will get changed to Cena vs Taker - which is absolutely the match they should run. But the problem with that is that the potentially huge Cena vs Taker match is a backdrop to McMahon family drama that we have seen for the last 18 years.

    If they run with Shane vs Taker it will be some 1999 WCW shit.







    The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon


    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon



    The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed



  4. #4
    Legend In My Spare Time

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Winners" Circle
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    8176
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I think it will get changed to Cena vs Taker - which is absolutely the match they should run. But the problem with that is that the potentially huge Cena vs Taker match is a backdrop to McMahon family drama that we have seen for the last 18 years.

    If they run with Shane vs Taker it will be some 1999 WCW shit.
    If Cena does get healed before WM, I can see them turning the match into Cena (representing Shane) vs. Taker (representing the Authority).

  5. #5
    On Vacation
    Crocker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    48,774
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Even if they do get Cena, Taker should not be representing Vince/Steph in any shape or form.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,015
    Rep Power
    3588857
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    I Think there might be more chance that Taker refuses to fight for Vince and sides with Shane, leaving Vince scrambling for a heel wrestler. Id take cena being on Shane's side too if it came to it. Idk 5 weeks is a long time to build to shane vs taker now you've set it up without some swerve in the road, and the match is illogical, it's like a 10 year old booked it on wwe universe mode.

  7. #7
    On Vacation
    Crocker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    48,774
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I Think there might be more chance that Taker refuses to fight for Vince and sides with Shane, leaving Vince scrambling for a heel wrestler. Id take cena being on Shane's side too if it came to it. Idk 5 weeks is a long time to build to shane vs taker now you've set it up without some swerve in the road, and the match is illogical, it's like a 10 year old booked it on wwe universe mode.
    So what you're saying is that Vince probably loves the idea.

  8. #8
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    47,111
    Rep Power
    1346530
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    That match announcement is a nice taste in how desperate the company is right now to get people to watch WM. As much as I think it's a random video game like program and would ideally like something else for Taker, I do not think that match is getting changed. Hope I'm wrong though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  9. #9
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kewanee IL
    Posts
    3,843
    Rep Power
    21800

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I Think there might be more chance that Taker refuses to fight for Vince and sides with Shane, leaving Vince scrambling for a heel wrestler. Id take cena being on Shane's side too if it came to it. Idk 5 weeks is a long time to build to shane vs taker now you've set it up without some swerve in the road, and the match is illogical, it's like a 10 year old booked it on wwe universe mode.

    I was thinking the same thing. I honestly think though that It will end up being a 4 on 4 match with Shane Taker,Kane and either Ryback,Big Show or possible Cena vs The Wyatts who will indirectly represent Vince at WM

  10. #10
    Main Eventer
    Sykotic's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    8,790
    Rep Power
    513451
      Country                    Wales

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    I just imagine that there will be a Taker, Shane, Vince staredown and Vince yells at Taker to attack Shane which causes Taker to chokeslam or Tombstone him. Taker sides with Shane which forces Vince to look for someone to take on The Undertaker.

    Maybe the undefeated(?) Braun Strowman.

  11. #11
    FKA RaiZ-R

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22,102
    Rep Power
    188618

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I Think there might be more chance that Taker refuses to fight for Vince and sides with Shane, leaving Vince scrambling for a heel wrestler. Id take cena being on Shane's side too if it came to it. Idk 5 weeks is a long time to build to shane vs taker now you've set it up without some swerve in the road, and the match is illogical, it's like a 10 year old booked it on wwe universe mode.
    I don't know about the match being illogical, at least from a kayfabe stand-point; Shane embarassed Vince and has something over him so Vince pulls out his trump card, the man with the least losses at WrestleMania! It's setup makes no sense though. Shane made out like he basically bailed Vince out previously and has a high stake in the company, so why would he wrestle for his right to cash in those chips and become the main player in the WWE's boardroom? That's illogical for sure.

    That and 'Taker just going along with it. He's no one's guard dog, so he may - just on principal alone - side with Shane and Vince has to find someone else to face him, but I think Nicky's right when he says this is the program we're getting. How do you book you're way out of this? The only thing I can think of is that Vince threatens Undertaker's legacy somehow to get him to play ball, because if 'Taker does swap sides who do you book him against? It won't be Cena or Sting (assuming eitther are fit) because they're not siding with the Authority. It could be a Wyatt but would Vince really do that? I know he gets sprung for guys like Strowman, but the dude's so very unproven it's not even amusing to think about... I mean, you can hide that on the night with run-in's and shit, but going in you're still advertising the Undertaker vs. a no name scrub who the hardcore fanbase will very vocally chastise to the casuals who ask questions of them. I don't see that working.

    While the reasoning behind this match makes zero sense, it seems like the best option right now given the angle they've presented. If this whole thing is actually to set-up something else then they've literally booked themselves into a corner with regards to what they can do next and where this can go. It's Shane or it's Strowman... and I know which I prefer the idea of.


  12. #12
    Legend In My Spare Time

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    The "Winners" Circle
    Posts
    4,773
    Rep Power
    8176
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Given what Cena tweeted about taking a gamble with his recovery, I'm certain that it's a build to something else and will segue into Cena vs Undertaker. Everything down to the weird storyline, to their mania graphics card (compared to HHH/Roman's) suggest this.

  13. #13
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,015
    Rep Power
    3588857
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I don't know about the match being illogical, at least from a kayfabe stand-point; Shane embarassed Vince and has something over him so Vince pulls out his trump card, the man with the least losses at WrestleMania! It's setup makes no sense though. Shane made out like he basically bailed Vince out previously and has a high stake in the company, so why would he wrestle for his right to cash in those chips and become the main player in the WWE's boardroom? That's illogical for sure.

    That and 'Taker just going along with it. He's no one's guard dog, so he may - just on principal alone - side with Shane and Vince has to find someone else to face him, but I think Nicky's right when he says this is the program we're getting. How do you book you're way out of this? The only thing I can think of is that Vince threatens Undertaker's legacy somehow to get him to play ball, because if 'Taker does swap sides who do you book him against? It won't be Cena or Sting (assuming eitther are fit) because they're not siding with the Authority. It could be a Wyatt but would Vince really do that? I know he gets sprung for guys like Strowman, but the dude's so very unproven it's not even amusing to think about... I mean, you can hide that on the night with run-in's and shit, but going in you're still advertising the Undertaker vs. a no name scrub who the hardcore fanbase will very vocally chastise to the casuals who ask questions of them. I don't see that working.

    While the reasoning behind this match makes zero sense, it seems like the best option right now given the angle they've presented. If this whole thing is actually to set-up something else then they've literally booked themselves into a corner with regards to what they can do next and where this can go. It's Shane or it's Strowman... and I know which I prefer the idea of.
    'I don't know about the match being illogical' well if you can point out that many flaws in the story RaiZ both in and out of kayfabe, then it's more illogical than logical I mentioned in the Raw thread that Vince on the spot naming the toughest opponent he could think of was about the only thing that made sense if Shane Vs Taker is the plan.

    I suppose they could always play the retirement card and force Undertaker to wrestle the match on behalf of Vince otherwise his career is over.

    I think we need to see this play out a little more, Chapter 1 is a bit of a headscratcher.

  14. #14
    FKA RaiZ-R

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    22,102
    Rep Power
    188618

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    'I don't know about the match being illogical' well if you can point out that many flaws in the story RaiZ both in and out of kayfabe, then it's more illogical than logical I mentioned in the Raw thread that Vince on the spot naming the toughest opponent he could think of was about the only thing that made sense if Shane Vs Taker is the plan.

    I suppose they could always play the retirement card and force Undertaker to wrestle the match on behalf of Vince otherwise his career is over.

    I think we need to see this play out a little more, Chapter 1 is a bit of a headscratcher.
    My point was the match itself makes perfect sense but the angle doesn't. I couldn't tell if that's what you were saying or not so I expanded... Obviously, we agree that Vince picking 'Taker as his go-to guy makes sense and that the rest makes none.

    I hope this is leading somewhere else because as much as I love Shane (and I do, a lot) he's not who I'd pick for this task of facing 'Taker at WrestleMania in 2016. I'd pick Styles. Or Jericho. Or Sheamus. Or Owens. Or Harper... and that's just guys that aren't injured and don't need too much to build them up to the level of an Undertaker opponent. I'd have Cena, Rusev and Cesaro on that list as well if I knew they'd be healthy or booked well enough to get there without looking like a total scrub.


  15. #15
    The Osiris

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Communist Russia
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    26883

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    If they stay the course with Shane/Taker, then I absolutely have no desire to watch it live.. Even though I know the title match and Ambrose/Lesnar matches will just be tits, I also know the outcomes. Reigns was penciled in since Rollins' music hit at last year's Mania and Dean Ambrose is the face version of Bray Wyatt; dude never wins any significant feuds. They will be great matches but they dont feel like two anchor, headline matches. But that really shouldnt even be of matter if this was /is to be Taker's last match.. Just that storyline alone could have been the kicker to make this Mania feel like a Mania.

    Last year's Mania had a lousy build but we still got the Mania feeling with Sting wrestling his first match for the company. Every year they seem to have an ace up their sleeve to help sell the show...Rock, Sting, Lesnar/Taker...this year is Shane...I dont feel that is an ace, its another McMahon. Sure he bumps.. Sure the nostalgia is great but it wont sustain til Mania.. He isnt credible, he looks as old as Vince and as doughy as Steph. They are merging a cornerstone Mania storyline with the least desireable ongoing saga in the McMahon family feud. And I hope I am very wrong in this, but I feel they are going to stick with this match, and it wont be Taker's last match.. If it is, they found the most disrespetful way to taint his Wrestlemania legacy and gyp the fans out of what should be a poignant moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.



  16. #16
    Intercontinental Champion
    Thundercat's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,645
    Rep Power
    105967
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    So... So far we've got HHH vs Reigns, Lesnar vs Ambrose and Shane vs Undertaker. That isn't a horrible card but its not very good either.
    The one thing I can say about Shane vs Taker is if they do keep the story as it is, the only good thing I can say about it is at least its the only match (so far) that doesn't have a predictable outcome. Because on one hand they NEED to kill the Authority once and for all, its dull its boring and its been going on WAY too long. The second they said Shane was gonna have a match I figured for sure Shane would win whoever he fights to end the Authority storyline. But now with it being Taker... I mean are they really gonna have one of Takers only two losses at Mania be to Shane?! So I don't see how that match ends at all.
    What I think will happen is if Cena makes it back in time then Undertaker turns on Vince and fights for Shane and Cena sides with Vince. Which makes sense because Cena has always always said he's a company man. Hell they could even finally turn Cena heel... or even at least as heel as he was in his first match against the Rock. So that is what'll probably happen, but if Cena doesn't make it back in time I have no fucking idea what they'll do. There's no way they have Strowman vs Taker, I'm betting Strowman wins the Andre battle Royal.

  17. #17
    The EST of WC
    CGS's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    24,868
    Rep Power
    473041
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    I just imagine that there will be a Taker, Shane, Vince staredown and Vince yells at Taker to attack Shane which causes Taker to chokeslam or Tombstone him. Taker sides with Shane which forces Vince to look for someone to take on The Undertaker.

    Maybe the undefeated(?) Braun Strowman.

  18. #18
    Architect of BTB Shield

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    16887

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think we need to see this play out a little more, Chapter 1 is a bit of a headscratcher.
    Exactly my thoughts. This whole match basically hinges on The Deadman's response to this entire thing next week.
    My BTB: 2013-The NXT Generation







    [IMG]http://***************/46806_s.gif[/IMG]

  19. #19
    Main Eventer
    Sykotic's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    8,790
    Rep Power
    513451
      Country                    Wales

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post

    But I'm Vince McMahon damn it!!!!



    Everything I say makes sense!!

  20. #20
    Mid-Card Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    562
    Rep Power
    11643
      Country                    ro=Romania

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 32 Discussion Thread

    The angle felt rushed . Felt like panic. I believe they can play the kayfabe panic card. Taker will probably talk about legacy and that he wants to wrestle Shane , but no way for Vince. Taker can't be booed . He is a legend. They didn't even boo Shawn when he hit the Sweet Chin Music on Bryan. So . no Taker will not side with heel Vince. Even the face of Shane suggested something. I for one still believe that Taker will side with Shane.

    They may put the LON (Rusev , Sheamus and ADR ) or a combination of the 3. Even a handicap match . Or maybe Henry. Or they will pull a nice trick with The Player "Titus O'Neil". Can't still figure out the match and i don't think they will go for the "legacy threatening" angle . If it is to be a big money match you could add Batista in the mix. Maybe with Sheamus , maybe with Joe.

    There are possibilities , but i am pretty certain it will not be Shane vs Taker.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •