Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

CMLL 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

Part 1: Shows, Stylistic differences, Main Eventers

Hello my friends, I'm writing all this to try to give a bit of a jumpstart to my favorite promotion in the world (despite believe me, many flaws including possibly the worst wrestler to receive a main event push in a major company though thankfully that experiment's reaching its end I pray) and give some background info on some of the main guys as well as some of my personal favorites as well as give some back story to what separates the promotion from traditional American & Japanese promotions. In addition at the worst case scenario with the rumors of a potential crossover with ROH and an American expansion possibility being talked about, this will at least be something to go back and look on if anything ever happens. I've separated this into 2 parts, but feel free to read at your own leisure as the roster profiles of guys I at least kinda like took longer than I thought. But there's a lot of good info and backstory here and at the end of the day, I think it's the best promotion going. Of course, if you don't care that much and just want to see a brief rundown of what's going on and some good matches, feel free to just skip to the end of the 2nd post.

First of all, let's talk about some quirks in the shows as well as the booking as I have to go ahead and say this as long as the current booking team is in power: DO NOT FOLLOW CMLL LIKE A MODERN AMERICAN PROMOTION. It's just not worth the headache. Occasionally tag partners will go months without teaming, old alliances will never die, feuds will go months and sometimes years (Heck, sometimes big mask matches will have ties that goes back nearly a decade) before a blowoff match is reached. Sometimes there isn't a rhyme or reason for matches, occasionally terrible wrestlers will get spots because they have a notable family member in the locker room. It's just their philosophy, and although stuff like the feuds taking more time is good and bad, it is what it is and simply is how it is right now. Plus with so much content available publicly there's also a large amount of meaningless matches put out there. Like NJPW, trying to watch everything is simply a terrible idea as a fan, generally just watching a couple of key matches weekly with guys that interest you as well as their big shows and tournaments and follow along with the many translations available will be more than enough to be as good of a fan as any veteran viewer after a couple of months. In general one of the things that is nice about being a fan of CMLL is how easy it is. Like clockwork their shows are always available on their website, ClaroSports' website, their youtube, as well as Lucha Libre's greatest resource, thecubsfan's youtube channel, all for free and encouraged to watch. Unlike many promotions their shows are largely kept separated in terms of matches & promos. Their wrestling shows stay true to their format in 6 matches, with interviews all taking place on their Wednesday show CMLL Informa where promos are mainly cut and storylines are furthered. Again, translations are easily available online from many different sources, but mainly LuchaWorld (Here is the most recent translation: ). (Though recently they've reintroduced backstage segments to the surprise of many on their Friday show, such as Máximo talking to the ring girls about makeup, Terriblé attacking a wall, and the Ingobernables driving to the Arena in a sports car) The company is run conservatively as CMLL actually owns the buildings they run, virtually guaranteeing a profit and harkening back to the days of Memphis. They also avoid hardcore wrestling entirely and outside of a cage match ran 1-3 times a year, the matches are mostly played straight. And unlike every other company abroad and in México, another major difference between CMLL and the rest is that the owner Paco Alonso is well known for his ability to hold a grudge regardless of how big of a star you are or money making potential you may have. In WWE, Vince may blackball someone for extremely personal issues like with Macho Man, but here if someone leaves the company in a manner deemed unprofessional in the slightest or at the wrong time, CMLL will not bring you back to their brand 99% of the time under any circumstances. Their weekly shows break down like so:

Super Viernes (Super Friday) - CMLL's flagship show, where the top feuds and angles play out, the biggest matches are held and appearing regularly is viewed as a sign of confidence for any Luchador on the roster of their importance to the company. Regularly draws between 1500-5000 fans weekly. Airs live on Claro Sports' website: www.clarosports.com & posted Tuesdays on thecubsfan's YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thecubsfan/videos

Liga Elite - CMLL's vague "off brand" where they mainly use main eventers as well as indy talent and top veterans, seemingly as a "meet in the middle" way of using guys management doesn't like or rates as an indie wrestler, they'll probably end up here. There's been dream match main events but strangely isn't filmed for anywhere despite generally having the highest quality of star power. Handhelds are readily available however. We'll see how this changes now that they have moved to Wednesdays.

-

Arena Puebla - Takes place every Monday at Arena Puebla, CMLL's NXT in some ways, they mix Arena México top talent with "hometown heroes" of sorts such as Stigma and Policeman that are contracted talent, not deemed ready for primetime, but have a grassroots fanbase locally. There's some fun matches now and then and much less frustrating to watch than Raw, but hardly must see viewing. Airs on CMLL's website and YT channel.

Tuesdays - This was originally supposed to be a show where rookies were going to get a chance to get showcased but quickly just turned into a kind of boring show unless they're running tournament matches that week. If not that unless there's someone good getting a spotlight they wouldn't normally get on Friday (Case in point 2 Tuesdays ago's lightning match, Hechicero vs Delta which was very good, really pick and choose here. Airs on the same places as Puebla, just a day later.

Sabados Retro (Retro Saturdays) - It's old school! No entrance music or videos and lots of singles matches! WHOA. Isn't taped and is just a footnote at Arena Coliseo, but it is humorous how such an old school company would think it needed an even more outdated show.

All in all my recommended viewing schedule is to watch Friday's show when you can and ignore everything else unless there are tournament matches on Tuesday of some sort or there's an intriguing Puebla main event like recently with Volador Jr defending his title against Negro Casas.

-

Titles/Masks/Tournaments Importance

Another thing that many people have a hard time adjusting to is that the titles really aren't very big drawing cards. Méxican wrestling takes its' title philosophy from boxing and that's that the stars and grudges are much more important in terms of match buildup. Still, title matches will get treated with respect when they do happen in terms of match time and treatment of the wrestlers, it's just much of the time matches are held months and months apart and get seemingly forgotten about unless it's that time. (Although recently through efforts like Virus, Titán, Dragon Lee & even Máximo title matches became a draw for hardcore fans based on that these guys would get to have great singles matches and overall it's better than it used to be) It's just that the hair & masks will always be the big prize and top draw and there will rarely be a long term storyline centered around a title, in addition there are many weight classes, none of which matter much for the titles. This is an area I truly wish they'd do more to rehab and build up, but it's likely this Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi title usage is the best we'll get. In addition to mask matches and title matches and stuff, there are also many tournaments that take place, sometimes through a Torneo Cíbernetico, sometimes elimination, sometimes En Busca, which is many things. Here are some main ones:

Leyenda de Plata (Silver Legend) - a tournament honoring the greatest and most beloved wrestler in Lucha Libre history, El Santo. The most recent format saw a Cíbernetico won by Dragon Lee which pit him against 2014's winner Negro Casas a week later, and Negro Casas defended his crown.

Reyes del Aire (Kings of the Air) - As the name implies, a tournament for high flyers, last year's Cíbernetico was won by La Sombra, who immediately destroyed the trophy upon winning.

Campeonato Universal (Universal Champion) - A single elimination tournament featuring EVERY CHAMPION IN CMLL to determine the best one. Sadly most of the matches are like 3 minutes until the Final. Atlantis defeated Ultimo Guerrero in 2015 to win.

Torneo Nacional de Parejas Increibles (National Incredible Pairs Tournament) - This is an elimination tag tournament where the teams are One técnico & One rudo. Last year saw Máximo & Terrible win, right after Máximo beat Terrible for the World Heavyweight. This should be happening soon.

En Busca de un Ídolo (In Search of an Idol) - A 2 months long tournament based around younger and undercard Luchadores based on points acquired through winning matches, gaining points from a judging panel and fan voting. Last year Boby Zavala defeated Guerrero Maya Jr. (To the dismay of most)

La Copa Junior (The Junior Cup) - A tournament for second & third generation Luchadores. This already happened in 2016! It came down to Puma and Esfinge.

Pequeños Reyes del Aire (Little Kings of the Air) - Same as the Reyes del Aire, but for minis. Last year's came down to Shockercito and Pierrothito with Shockercito taking it home. (and it was a pretty freakin' awesome match btw).

-

In-Ring Quirks

The difference between CMLL and other companies isn't just in booking though, there are also differences between the ropes that may take some getting used to for fans. (Steve or someone feel free to add onto this if I leave something out)

*First of all just how the matches are put together. They rarely if ever follow the growing standard of just having a bunch of finisher, nearfalls, & kickouts. Great Lucha matches are somewhat about the journey rather than just the destination and finishing run.

*Part of the reason for that is the counting cadence of many of the referees. My good friend Ed will tell you, they're VERY slow. Now, Tirantes (En Busca judge and head ref) once gave an explanation for this in a promo. Where he yelled at referee Terror Chino for counting with a traditional count and missing a wrestler's shoulder being up and that's why you should be more patient when counting. While justifiable, the real problem was Terror Chino is just a horrible referee regardless. Anyway, give it a few matches, you'll probably get used to it after it being horrible at first.

*There are differences in match types as well. Every tag require both members to be defeated to score a fall, and Trios matches require either the predetermined Team Captain or both other men to be defeated to score a fall. Also aside from special Match Relampagos (Lightning Matches - One Fall matches with a 10 minute time limit) or the rare Mano y Mano (One Fall matches), every match is 2/3 Falls. A lot of people online go on about this being bad, but I actually like it because it makes them stand out more than other companies in México, letalone the rest of the world. The problem is that they handle it where all too often the first two falls are very fast, followed by a long third fall. It's kind of lame.

*Tags are unnecessary in tag matches, though they happen intermittently anyway.

*Blatant interference is still less of a thing than most other companies even with the Ingobernables around, but there are three main DQ finishes to look out for. First is a foul or low blow which happens at times. Second is faking a low blow while the ref's back is turned which is a jarring and kind of dumb, but old school finish. Third is ripping a mask off which is a DQ. Also the Tombstone Piledriver is highly illegal and usually only in big matches is this even attempted, but if it does the Ref will usually break it up before it actually happens. It's very protected.

*There are ring girls that also double as a dance troupe for bigger shows. Another very minor footnote, but this seems like a layup for any company to do, it's strange it only happens here.

-

The Roster

Now they have their ups and downs in terms of booking and business, but the real reason I rate CMLL as my favorite promotion is because they have so many interesting wrestlers that I love watching. For my money the most talent-laden roster in the world (though it's large roster also means there are also a ton of crappy guys that too often muddy the waters) Here I'll give a brief rundown of some guys I like as well as people who are notable. No real ranking or anything like that, just how I classify them. For the sake of making it less intimidating visually... I've spoilered the roster. Check out at your pace and you can always consult for more info if wanted. Worst case scenario there are a lot of pretty nifty GIFs in there so that's nice.

Current Main Eventers - (Luchadores who at least have an outside shot of main eventing Anniversario this year)

Spoiler:

Rush
    Major Apuestas Wins: vs. El Terrible, vs. Shocker, vs. Negro Casas
    Current Titles: None
    Family on CMLL Roster: Older Brother of Místico & Dragon Lee, Son of Comandante Pierroth
    Group Affiliation: Los Ingobernables (With La Máscara & Tetsuya Naito)
    Theme Song: "Whatever" - Our Lady Peace
    Zero's thoughts: His brawling style is among the most vicious to come along in years, his promos are legendary, and his unabashed love of being the most hated man in wrestling anywhere is a delight to watch this day and age. And to think, his original push saw him as a heartthrob type, but after his brother became Místico II, the heat transferred to Rush and Rush totally ran with it, becoming a million times better as a Rudo. He owns EVERYBODY on the mic, regardless of star status, even once railing against his own dad and threatening harm on him, as well as making fun of his current rivals Carístico (Who he's hilariously decreed as Mil Nombres or Thousand Names) & Cibernetico (or RoboCop in Rush speak) the guy's awesome and one of the best brawlers in the world today. My truly favorite all around wrestler. The only thing potentially holding him back is his rap sheet, getting suspended twice last year due to physical altercations including a full on arrest. He's CMLL's golden goose, and if there was anyone ready to take Atlantis' mask, it's him.

Atlantis

Major Apuestas Wins: Kung Fu, Mano Negra, Villano III, Ultimo Guerrero, La Sombra
    Current Titles: Mexican National Light Heavyweight Championship
    Family on CMLL Roster: None
    Group Affiliation: Los Reyes de la Atlantida (With Guerrero Maya Jr. &
    Delta) (Very loose at this point)
    Thoughts: An all-time great wrestler and legend. Him being profiled is a sign of his stature, helping to lead CMLL to becoming the 2nd company to draw a one million dollar gate in his main event vs Ultimo Guerrero, if you're a fan of old wrestling some of his old matches are brilliant and in Anniversario main events he's one of the best in the world. However in regular matches his prime's come and gone. My best comparison would be to the Undertaker in WWE when the Streak was going on. His mask is the biggest draw in the company, but otherwise he shouldn't be a focal point in regular feuds or anything.

Ultimo Guerrero (Last Warrior)

Major Apuestas Wins: Essa Rios, Super Parka, Villano V, Rey Escorpión
    Current Titles: NWA World Historic Middleweight Championship
    Group Affiliation: Los Guerreros Laguneros "The Lagoon Warriors" (With Euforia, Niebla Roja, & Gran Guerrero)
    Theme: "We Will Rock You" - Queen
    Thoughts: One of the most powerful wrestlers backstage, his hands are often in booking and it can show at times, but he can at least still hang and is very over. He's similar to a much much much more talented Triple H. He's a veteran but in his younger days his tag team with Rey Bucanero is one of the best I've ever seen. Many agree as they won the wrestling observer's tag team of the decade award for the 2000s. Nowadays he can still get down for big matches, but he's not someone I get excited for in weeklys very much anymore. Plus his raise the roof taunt is very lame. Still, his old mask design was epic. The sole Lucha Libre mask own is his. Now if he'd just get away from Thunder...his recent gimmick of bringing his day job of owning a burger cart called "Mr. Burger" into his promos is great.

Volador Jr. (Flight Jr.)

Major Apuestas Wins: Misterioso, Terrible/Rey Bucanero (Tag with Máximo)
    Current Titles: NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship, CMLL World Trios Championship (w/Místico & Valiente)
    Famiy on CMLL Roster: Son of Super Parka, Cousin of LA Park (Not on CMLL right now), Uncle of Flyer
    Group Affiliation: Sky Team (With Místico & Valiente)
    Theme: "Personal Jesus" - Marilyn Manson
    Thoughts: If you love high flying and want to see things you've never seen before and don't care about psychology much, this is your guy One of the most athletically gifted wrestlers anywhere, he's admittedly not always someone I love, but it's unfair to label him a spot monkey. He's extremely charismatic and proven to work well as either a Técnico or Rudo. Still, in my opinion he's not as well rounded as others and smartly works in a Trios often where his strengths are highlighted as well as his spots of awesomeness that come through at times. There's a pretty strong chance he main events CMLL's next big show in March and a feud with Rush is practically a layup moving forward.

Negro Casas

Major Apuestas Wins: La Fiera, Bestia Salvaje, El Satánico, Super Parka
    Current Titles: CMLL World Tag Team Championship (With Shocker)
    Famiy on CMLL Roster: Brother of Felino, Uncle of Puma, Tiger, &
    Canelo Casas, Husband of Dalys la Caribeña
    Group Affiliation: La Peste Negra (The Black Plague) (With Felino, Mr. Niebla, & Barbaro Cavernario) as well as La Dinastia Casas (The Casas Dynasty) (With Felino, Puma, & Tiger)
    Thoughts: I'm not sure I've seen a wrestler more beloved by fans of any age, background, knowledge level, I've literally never come across someone who said to me "You know man...Casas isn't that great.". He's a bonafide legend and still a World Class wrestler at 56, well respected at all, whether fun comedic matches with Peste Negra or heated brawls with Rush or maestro matches against various opponents, he will play his role to it's finest, and with his Apuestas match against Volador Jr. being set up, his 2016 looks like he'll have another awesome year.

Máximo Sexy

Major Apuestas Wins: Emilio Charles Jr., Taichi, Terrible & Rey
    Bucanero (with Volador Jr), Kamaitachi
    Current Titles: CMLL World Heavyweight Championship
    Famiy on CMLL Roster: Son of Super Porky, Cousin of La Máscara &
    Robin, Brother in Law of Hombre Bala Jr.
    Group Affiliation: La Avalancha Alvarado (With Super Porky & La Máscara) & Bufete del Amor (With Marco Corleone)
    Thoughts: It's hard to believe he's risen this far, on top of that having a legitimately good title reign with his match with Kamaitachi in particular he shined by busting out...logical limb selling!? What a time to be alive. Still, buyer beware on watching him too much or you're going to quickly burn out on his exotico hijinks. His title matches he's proven himself a capable and surprisingly sound worker though. I'd prefer a more well...straight gimmick, but even in his more comedic role his popularity level is undeniable in Arena México of which he can stand against anyone, you'll always get a hot crowd with him but his odds of being a headliner in a big Apuestas match remain lower than any other Main Eventer. (Well maybe I spoke too soon on that...)

Cibernético (Cyber)

Major Apuestas Wins: None
    Famiy on CMLL Roster: None
    Group Affiliation: None
    Theme: "Seek and Destroy" - Metallica
    Thoughts: One of the newest signees to CMLL, Cibernético is a longtime main eventer of AAA, the rival company. He jumped due to a public spat with AAA booker Konnan and into CMLL with an immediate feud with top star Rush, claiming "finally Rush, you'll fight someone more hated than you!" and comparing himself to Jesus Christ for some reason. Well, he's half right in those two things, he is indeed very hated. His AAA run was mind numbingly bad in the ring, clearly just a body builder content to wrestle poorly, it got so bad CMLL wrestler Terrible cut a promo upon his signing on Informa laughing at him and saying "I don't know how he can call himself a Luchador if he can't even wrestle". Still, his run thus far has been better than expected wrestling Rush & Carístico and a potential main event Apuestas match could very well be in the cards down the line. It might not be actually great, but it should at least be heated.

Carístico

Major Apuestas Wins: Black Warrior, Skayde, Negro Casas, El Oriental
    Famiy on CMLL Roster: Cousin of Magnus
    Thoughts: It'd be hard to put all my thoughts in the strange journey of the greatest draw in wrestling in decades so I'll keep this brief and focused on his run in CMLL since he jumped ship from AAA a few months back. His return led to excitement and a great reaction, and was followed up by him getting pretty much buried. Calling him a main eventer might be generous with how he's been used, but the work has been strong and his reactions are still strong, but they've botched his run so bad it's horrible. Fans wanted to see him go after the fake Mistico and what does CMLL do? Put them in a tag team! And did I mention he loses a lot? Still, that doesn't take away his efforts and we can hope this is going somewhere good and leading to one of the easiest money feuds that everyone wants in years. But the reality is I think Carístico's run is more a case of #CMLLogic screwing things up as it has a tendency to do.

Thunder

Family in CMLL: None
    Group Affiliation: Los Revolucionarios del Terror (With Rey Escorpión, Dragon Rojo Jr., & Pólvora)
    Theme: "Killing in the Name" - Rage Against the Machine
    Thoughts: The opposite of Negro Casas, It's rare that someone has been more hated than the first Australian to compete in CMLL. Just like Braun Strowman or Great Khali (probably better than them tbf), he's México's "Monster" push and he is green and well...well below where he needs to be for getting his level of push of his neverending feud with Ultimo Guerrero. Still, I almost feel bad for him. He's hated by everyone and it's not his fault he's getting this insane push. Still, hopefully they'll have their Apuestas match soon and he can go off to train more with his girl's dad to try and give getting better another go. That's a pretty nice way to look at it.

Místico

Current Titles: CMLL World Trios Titles (With Valiente and Volador Jr.)
    Family in CMLL: Son of Commandante Pierroth, Brother of Rush & Dragon Lee
    Group Affiliation: Sky Team (With Valiente & Volador Jr.)
    Theme: "Ameno" - ERA
    Thoughts: CMLL's worst case scenario Roman Reigns in some ways, the guy the company pushed and pushed but the fans have always rejected in a large way, taking over their most popular star in decades' gimmick when he left to WWE (Now Carístico), the former Dragon Lee was DoA when taking over as Místico II. In the ring he works very hard and is a spectacular high flyer, but his run in CMLL has been marred in the ring by a lack of confidence, lack of charisma, and a large amount of injuries, his performance in the most recent FantasticaMania where he was beloved showed what he can do when things click. Back in CMLL he's still a very good Trios flyer where his weaknesses get covered up but has potential to be so much more if they'd book him in his natural feud with Carístico. Getting this gimmick back on the right guy would help both men tremendously, and we'll see how it plays out, but I'm surprisingly un-confident it will happen.

PART 2: More Roster Guys, Current Storylines, & 2016 Recommended Matches

Guys who are either already important but aren't main eventers, or guys seemingly in line for a push.

Spoiler:

Máscara Dorada (Golden Mask)

Current Titles: CMLL World Welterweight Championship
    Group Affiliation: ?
    Thoughts: Familiar to fans of NJPW, Dorada has already shown his worth back home, making all of his matches better immediately as well as being the spotlight of one of the more interesting storylines of CMLL currently of which Trios team he'll form. He's a great wrestler and even better flyer and any major match he's involved with is must see with even unimportant matches guaranteed to be no less than fun by his effort alone as we saw in his wasted year in NJPW.

La Máscara (The Mask)

Major Apuestas Wins: Averno
    Family in CMLL: Nephew of Super Porky, Cousin of Máximo
    Group Affiliation: Los Ingobernables (With Rush, Marco Corleone, & Tetsuya Naito)
    Thoughts: He's had a strange career path. When I first started watching Lucha on Galavision there were two masked men who stood out as my favorites: La Sombra & La Máscara. His match with Averno was one of my favorites of the year (I would later realize who was the better half of that pair) and I loved that he wrestled in a hoodie. I just did. Still, after awhile he never really showed any growth or change, largely wrestling the same matches regardless of opponent. Even after his Los Ingobernables turn his matches weren't up to the standard of his peers and he's largely seen as "Oh, the other guy in the Ingobernables". Still, it's not like he's terrible or anything, and he's tried hard since La Sombra left to fill his spot and has improved. He will give you solid Rudo performances, but much more? I don't know. Perhaps a fresh perspective would rate him higher.

Marco Corleone

Major Apuestas Wins: Universo 2000, Lizmark Jr.
    Family in CMLL: Husband of Miroslava
    Group Affiliation: Los Ingobernables (With Rush, La Máscara, & Tetsuya Naito) err...Bufete del Amor (With Máximo)
    Theme: "Welcome to My World" - Himself
    Thoughts: Hey, it's Mark Jindrak. And hey he's actually super over! He had a longtime partnership with Rush during his days as babyface alongside Máximo in Bufete del Amor so when Rush faced an injury Marco stepped in as his pal. Still, unlike the other Ingobernables he usually retains his técnico characteristics, and in a podcast interview he specifically mentioned he's not overly enamored being in Ingobernables and prefers working as a straight técnico since he's popular. And he is, particularly with the ladies. Still, oddly he's not really been in the mix for main event Apuestas matches and despite showing athleticism and some skill, doesn't usually get a chance to have great matches. It'd be interesting to see what he'd do with an actual program but there aren't any signs of it coming. At the end of the day though, the guy came from the South to become a Luchador, record his own theme song, appear in Telenovelas, marry a super hot Latina, and own Jim Cornette regularly on twitter. Trust me, I'll never say a bad word about this guy because me & Jindrak...are kindred spirits deep down. Also he literally just got turned on by the Ingobernables and is primed to be a major player in the company in 2016!

Bárbaro Cavernario (Barbarian Caveman)

Major Apuestas Wins: Javier Cruz, Rey Cometa
    Current Titles: Mexican National Welterweight Championship
    Group Affiliation: La Peste Negra (The Black Plague) (With Felino, Mr. Niebla, & Negro Casas)
    Thoughts: He's a caveman. He does Caveman things. He's also highly charismatic and popular, along with having multiple great matches to his name in México. He's on the rise in CMLL and although he's hardly one of my personal favorites, I have a hunch anyone reading this would rate this lunatic highly.

Titán

Group Affiliation: Longtime Tag Team with Tritón
    Theme: "Under the Northern Star" by Amon Amarth
    Thoughts: My favorite! Titán rocks, though sadly underutilized in 2015, things have gotten off to a promising start in 2016 reforming his team with Tritón (and possibly Máscara Dorada...) and looking to make a push in the Trios ranks. His career has been praised by many fans as a charismatic and popular high flyer, while he's shown to also be proficient on the mat when the situation calls for it, his run as Mexican National Welterweight Champion lasted over 500 days before losing to Cavernario and still felt short lived. Such is the ways of CMLL's title booking. Still, whether teamed up with others guys or on his own, this guy's awesome and deserves way more recognition. On top of that, I've heard nothing but good things about him as a man from friends who've traveled to México for Lucha shows, he's a great guy on top of it all. A true idolo.

Tritón

Group Affiliation: Longtime Tag Team with Titán
    Theme: "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns n' Roses
    Thoughts: Much like Titán, this guy's awesome! More of a straight high flyer, but still good. His career hasn't had the success of his buddy yet, but he's actually one of the more improved guys on the roster in the last year and a potential Trios between Tritón and two of his former Guadalajara indy partners in Titán & Máscara Dorada have many fans waiting in anticipation. (Dorada stepped up first and Titán/Tritón stepped into CMLL main shows together still under their indy names Palacio Negro (Black Palace/Titán) & Metal Blanco (White Metal/Tritón)) Saying they were indy darlings isn't exactly right but them getting back together has me fired up. On top of that I've conversed with him personally a few times on FB/Twitter and he too is a great guy! Eres el mejor hermano Luchador.

Ángel de Oro (The Golden Angel)

Current Titles: CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship
    Family in CMLL: Brother of Niebla Roja
    Theme: "Nemo" - Nightwish
    Thoughts: He's another one of these guys similar to La Máscara that
    started out his career in CMLL strong (even moreso actually on his own) but somewhere along the line he plateaued and never seemed to be able to take that next step and despite his popularity among Japanese fans, Lucha faithful haven't quite taken to him as much. Still personally I like him and think he's kind of underrated actually especially if he's motivated such as his title defense vs. Pólvora last year which showcased his abilities as an all around talent. Going into 2016 he was singled out along with Máscara Dorada by Carístico as top talents and a Trios with one of the top stars seems possible, he could be a player if things go right for him. Plus, he has an excellent theme.

Shocker

Major Apuestas Wins: Rey Bucanero, Emilio Charles, Jr., Vampiro, Máscara Año 2000, Tarzan Boy, Scorpio Jr.,Bestia Salvaje, Halloween, Sangre Chicana, Marco Corelone, Kenzo Suzuki, Black Warrior, Essa Rios
    Current Titles: CMLL World Tag Team Championships (With Negro Casas)
    Group Affiliation: Terriblemente Guapo y un Rey ("Terrible, Handsome, & the King with El Terrible & Rey Bucanero)
    Thoughts: One of their bigger stars and better wrestlers at the turn of the century, the veteran's laziness and injuries caught up to him quicker than it should have, possibly his stint in TNA making things worse. Still, he did an admirable job in his feud with Rush a couple of years back and he remains a charismatic entity, though my God his run as judge in En Busca de un Idolo drove me to madness with the amount of times I heard "Shockrates". If he's in there in a tag title defense against two other guys I say are good he'll probably do okay. Otherwise he's not worth paying attention to unless his recent tease of starting a new Guapos University stable in May goes somewhere.

El Terrible

Major Apuestas Wins: Bestia Salvaje, Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Mágica, Yujiro Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito, Super Porky, Máximo
    Group Affiliation: Terriblemente Guapo y un Rey ("Terrible, Handsome, & the King with Shocker & Rey Bucanero)
    Thoughts: A great brawler who's super charismatic that could be of the same tier as someone like Rush if his push matched it I feel like. At 39 and with a wave of new guys he's seemed to be pushed out of the spotlight for a couple of years now, despite calling back to the Galavision days him being a favorite. He'll always deserve credit for elevating Rush as well as Máximo somewhat and if he's in a big singles match, he'll probably be awesome in it. But the TGR stable's on thin ice already. Too bad too, I would have loved to see him beat the crap out of Cibernetico but alas...unlikely.

Rey Bucanero (Buccaneer King)

Major Apuestas Wins: Essa Rios, Máscara Año 2000, El Felino
    Current Titles: NWA World Historic Light Heavyweight Championship
    Family in CMLL: Nephew of Pirata Morgan, Cousin of Hombre Bala Jr.
    Group Affiliation: Terriblemente Guapo y un Rey ("Terrible, Handsome, & the King with El Terrible & Shocker)
    Thoughts: A World Class level wrestler and one of the best tag workers ever in his prime, broken down and in rough shape nowadays. Not on the map of wrestlers to watch nowadays, but he invented one of my favorite moves, the Buca Storm and his work in his old days was truly incredible so you won't see me complaining about his involvement. Is he TGR or Bullet Club though? He seems to be having a hard time deciding...

Dragon Lee

Major Apuestas Wins: Kamaitachi
    Family in CMLL: Son of Pierroth, Brother of Rush & Místico
    Thoughts: The man that's lit the world on fire with his feud of the year vs Kamaitachi, he's already wrestled in my MOTY so far in 2016 and all at such a young age and so new to the business. He's a must-watch player in wrestling anywhere and has superstar potential. The only potential roadblock is if WWE or NJPW attempt to steal him away, and although he is an avid fan of Japanese culture and wrestling, he's pretty much screwed if that happens. (In terms of putting on great matches, he'll at least make more money). If he stays in CMLL there's no reason he shouldn't break through the glass ceiling and become one of the top técnicos for years to come. And he could have future potential as a Rudo down the line considering how hated his older brothers are. The sky's the limit for Dragon Lee.

Kamaitachi

Current Titles: CMLL World Lightweight Championship
    Group Affiliation: La Fiebre Amarilla (With Okumura, Fujin, & Raijin)
    Thoughts: Nicknamed the greatest man alive by a wrestling expert, this former black sheep of Young Lions has reinvented himself as one of the best wrestlers in the world. Still, it's hard to go nuts praising the legendary Ghost Weasel when his time in México may be limited. Nobody really knows for sure what's up with him and NJPW, but all of his matches with Dragon Lee should be watched (in order) and if he does stick around it's sure to provide a great starting off point.

Guerrero Maya Jr. (Mayan Warrior Jr.)

Major Apuestas Wins: Black Terry
    Current Titles: CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championships (With The Panther)
    Group Affiliation: Los Reyes de la Atlantida (With Atlantis & Delta), as well as a new Tag Team with The Panther
    Thoughts: One of the better young wrestlers using the maestro style today, Guerrero Maya Jr will almost always deliver a strong performance especially when given the chance to break out against older maestros he's really awesome, but even in tag and Trios matches he'll put his best foot forward and deliver the goods. He's also in the midst of a push of sorts with new attire and a new partner, 2016 could be big for him.

Virus

Major Apuestas Wins: Kato Kung Lee, Tony Rivera, Demus 3:16, Loco Max
    Group Affiliation: Los Cancerberos del Infierno ("The Cerberuses of
    Hell" with Raziel & Cancerbero)
    Thoughts: The 5'5 former mini, reigns supreme as one of the best technical wrestlers in the world, the Luchador being invaluable not just in getting great performances out of guys but also as a trainer and true maestro of the craft. Sadly with his title reign out of the way in favor of Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi, the vet's time to shine in CMLL is likely going more and more down. I have a hunch he'll still have some classics on the indies though. Always will be a great wrestler though

Rey Cometa

Major Apuestas Wins: Okumura, Namajague
    Family in CMLL: Espiritu Negro
    Group Affiliation: Longtime Team with Pegasso
    Theme: "Come With Me" - Puff Daddy
    Thoughts: A great high flyer who's faced struggle after a January injury took him out for 6 months. He's healthy now though and in a comfortable position in the midcard. His role is what it's been, as more of a gatekeeper to put over younger Rudos in Apuestas matches on big shows. Still, it means something that the company trusted him for that role twice, with Puma King in 2012 & Cavernario in 2014. It's an even numbered year, maybe he's got a third go round in him. Still, it's more likely he maintains his role as a talented Trios Luchador, maybe him and Pegasso can come back together. Still, he's really good as a flyer.

Rey Escorpión

Major Apuestas Wins: Black Warrior, Super Porky
    Group Affiliation: Los Revolucionarios del Terror ("The Revolutionaries of Terror" with Dragon Rojo Jr., Pólvora, & Thunder)
    Thoughts: Another in the line of great and charismatic Rudo brawlers somewhat similar to Rush or El Terrible, plus he has a Package Piledriver. His main problem is that he keeps going away to the US and stuff. After blowing off his feud with Ultimo Guerrero in a great match last year, I don't know what he'll be up to in March. But he's good, and gets good heat. Should be a solid return.

Blue Panther

Major Apuestas Wins: Black Man, Art Barr, Lizmark Jr., El Felino
    Family in CMLL: Father of Blue Panther Jr. & The Panther, Uncle of Black Warrior
    Group Affiliation: Los Divinos Laguneros ("The Divine from the Lagoon" with Blue Panther Jr. & The Panther)
    Thoughts: Legitimately my favorite wrestler of all time, and hugely influential to technicians in the ring as well as in the art of submissionry, this legend is still going strong. Despite his lack of conditioning and lackluster appearance, his in-ring IQ and mind for the business is virtually unmatched, and he will always work hard to make even random Trios matches good, and especially when he's with his sons he'll turn things into a flat out treat. Awesome talent and an honorable man, you owe it to yourself to watch his best stuff, and even now he's pretty freakin' awesome all things considered.

Dragon Rojo Jr. (Red Dragon Jr.)

Current Titles: CMLL World Middleweight Championship
    Group Affiliation: Los Revolucionarios del Terror ("The
    Revolutionaries of Terror" with Rey Escorpión, Pólvora, & Thunder)
    Theme: "Ghostbusters Theme" (He used to but mainly just uses the Revolucionarios' theme now)
    Thoughts: Good wrestler, longtime Rudo turned improved Técnico turned Rudo henchman again quickly. He's a staple of the roster and actually like I said a very good talent when he gets the chance to show it. Instead he's firmly stuck in a neverending feud with the Guerreros crew that we've seen all too often before. If he ever gets away from that he's the best member of his team. If he's in matches away from Thunder he'll be alright. Until then though it's whatever. He also is seeming a step slower and more clunky in the ring recently too. Due to injury or just malaise nobody knows.

Valiente

Current Titles: CMLL World Trios Championship (With Volador Jr. & Místico)
    Group Affiliation: Sky Team (With Volador Jr. & Místico)
    Thoughts: He's an oddly shaped individual, could perhaps benefit from not putting as much muscle on his frame. He used to be really good for a time but now is just a solid third man in his Trios team and guaranteed placer in the annual bodybuilding competition. I really hope he can turn it around because he actually was really good, even in NJPW, and I think he is just going through a rough patch. Give him a chance, he'll provide the goods.

Mephisto

Current Titles: Mexican National Trios Championships (With Ephesto & Luciferno)
    Group Affiliation: Los Hijos del Infierno ("The Sons of Hell" with Ephesto & Luciferno)
    Theme: "Mein Teil" Rammstein
    Thoughts: He once was apart of a really great team with Averno, now the leader of the Hijos del Infierno is largely put in unmemorable Trios matches where he's clearly the best member of his team but when he gets singles opportunities he hasn't impressed me much at all. But he is a highly respected veteran and like Kane in WWE always seems to have a place in storylines. Even currently he's teased as a title contender against both Máscara Dorada & Ángel de Oro. His matches aren't causing anyone to run to see them but he's probably a notch better than I give him credit for. Just his style and his team and the gimmick...not for me.

Stuka Jr.

Major Apuestas Wins: Okumura & Namajague (with Rey Cometa)
    Theme: "Jump" - Van Halen
    Thoughts: A wrestler that stands out with his cool mask, upbeat entrance, and amazing (and dangerous) El Torpedo dive that he always seems to hit at the moment you least expect it and it always comes across awesomely. He's been around awhile, and at his core he's the kind of Luchador that can be really good when motivated and when not motivated, boring. Never truly bad though and to see him hit the Torpedo in real time is worth checking out.

Fuego

Theme: "El Coco No"
    Thoughts: He's a perfectly fine in the ring, if a bit repetitive. But really...THIS is what he brings to the table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js5rH8JRcNs

El Felino (The Feline)

Major Apuestas Wins: Ciclón Ramírez, Super Porky, Rey Bucanero
    Family in CMLL: Brother of Negro Casas, Father of Puma & Tiger, Uncle of Canelo Casas
    Group Affiliation: La Peste Negra (The Black Plague) (With Negro Casas, Mr. Niebla, & Barbaro Cavernario) as well as La Dinastia Casas (The Casas Dynasty) (With Negro Casas, Puma, & Tiger)
    Thoughts: Solid wrestler who could occasionally be great with the right opponent but at least for me was never as great as I thought he could have been. Now he's usually more of a comedy wrestler who supports his sons in the Casas family's neverending feud with Blue Panther and his family. Recently he's set up an Apuestas match with ECW alum Super Crazy so he might be bald soon to go along with the rest of his horrible fashion. His sons Puma and Tiger are the ones you want to watch.

Young guys who like it or not, are probably gonna be pushed at some point

Spoiler:

The Panther and Blue Panther Jr.

The Panther Theme: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
    The Panther Titles: CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championships (With Guerrero Maya Jr.)
    Blue Panther Jr. Theme: "Turn Down for What" - Lil' Jon

Both men will have every chance to become a star down the road being Blue Panther's sons. The Panther has already proven to be a great wrestler, though recently has taken upon himself to go into a grunge phase, coming out to Nirvana and growing his hair out. That combined with a lackluster performance in NJPW has some having caution. Blue Panther Jr. gets made fun of by basically everyone a lot for many reasons, not all entirely deserved, but he's certainly not a great talent yet and not close to his brother. But at only 18, these two have time to grow and reach their potential. Just please let us pray Blue Panther Jr. stops trying to incorporate dance moves into his matches.

Puma & Tiger

Puma Theme: "You Give Love A Bad Name" - Bon Jovi
    Puma Major Apuestas Wins: Rey Cometa

These two really fit more in the column above than here but hey. Puma's awesome, Tiger's very good, fans have been clamoring for their time to come for years and hopefully with Casas leading a feud with Volador Jr these guys can get elevated along the way because they really do deserve it. Especially Puma. His Apuestas match with Rey Cometa was dynamite.

Esfinge (Sphinx)

Another young gun at just 22, Esfinge's gotten a ton of blowback for receiving a push many feel there are others more deserving of, myself included. He's more just exceedingly average than bad though, has faced many comparisons to WWE's current Sin Cara. He did look very good in his biggest match to date against Puma though, and he's still only 22. At this point he looks primed to slide into a Trios and maybe he'll have an okay year. Plus his entrance and ridiculous dance pose thing he does is a guilty pleasure of mine in wrestling.

Bobby Z

Is he Bobby Zavala? Boby Zavala? Bobby Z? Bob? He's gone through many name changes, but his talent level remained the same. The winner of En Busca de un Idolo has had teams with Disturbio and Rey Escorpión briefly becoming an honorary member of his faction. He's quite charismatic but in the ring take Guerrero Maya Jr.'s word with it...he's not that great right now.

Stigma

He largely represents at CMLL's secondary arena in Puebla on Mondays where he's a main eventer and hometown hero in addition to working Arena México undercards on occasion. He's similar to Esfinge in that he's more average than bad, but there are some who would be better in his role. That said, he's WAY better than his brother Skandalo and does the Backpack Stunner as his finisher so that's pretty cool. CMLL sees something in him clearly but his push if it comes will likely be very gradual outside of Puebla.

Fujin & Raijin

Tanaka (Raijin) & Komatsu (Fujin) from NJPW! They just got here! It's hard to tell what they're gonna do with these guys this early but they have pants now so that's something. really hope Kamaitachi sticks around and tags up with these guys, pushing "The Yellow Fever" onto everything in México's top company.

Sanson & Cuatrero

These two are the definition of rookies, having started their careers a month ago. Still, these brothers and the sons of Cien Caras have a lot of good in their performances despite being green and really look like they could be something some day. Hope it pans out, especially for Sanson. He's got a lot of charisma.

Guys that probably won't be getting very much spotlight anytime soon and whose back stories aren't important for the purposes of this, but I like them anyway, some a lot, and are very much worth checking out.

Spoiler:

Hechicero (Wizard): Literally one of the five best wrestlers on the roster. Tremendous talent that I wish would have more. Anytime he wrestles in CMLL or the indies it's must watch. Just for the heck of it, he gets a GIF too.

Raziel: A strong vet in a team going nowhere, similar to Hechicero but not quite as great. I would love to see him get a chance to have more singles matches though it's highly unlikely.

Delta: It's become kind of the cool thing to hate on Delta these days but I don't care, one year ago he was one of my favorite guys going in Trios & Tags, sadly a tumble down the pecking order after En Busca de un Idolo left him for dead. He didn't deliver up to his potential in the tournament for sure, but he still deserves better than his lot currently.

Niebla Roja (Red Mist): I see something in him I can't describe well. If he ever gets away from the Guerreros I think he could be something. Well, at least he's better as a Rudo.

Hombre Bala Jr. (Bullet Man) & Super Halcón Jr. (Super Falcon): Fun técnico tag team that brings creativity and effort to their matches. Bala is good, Halcón's fine. They're fun lower carders.

Pólvora (Gunpowder): Get him out of the Guerreros/Revolucionarios faction warfare and he'd be okay.

Soberano Jr. (Sovereign) Awesome técnico with great upside, is young, son of one of Guerrero's friends...why don't they do more with him?

Star Jr.: Same as with Soberano except he's not Euforia's son.

Bengala: He's better than the Lucha Underground Bengala.

Pegasso (Pegasus): I like his theme song and can be a fine técnico provided he pulls off his 450 Splash. Was better before an injury but it's getting back, a team with Rey Cometa would be cool by me.

Disturbio: Would like him better if he would decide on a consistent outfit.

Magnus, El Rebelde: My comments on these guys are the same. They're very young, and better than Esfinge but for some reason don't ever get used very much. Magnus is at least in as Carístico's cousin and Rebelde seems to have disappeared entirely and it makes me sad. If you catch one of these guys in an opener one day check em out. They're solid.

Magnus

Rebelde

Luchadoras

CMLL has a women's division, though it's at a bit of a crossroads with the loss of it's top star Dark Angel. Still, there are some good ones that if they're in the mix with each other are worth checking out. If I took over this would be an area that they desperately need improvement on in my opinion, but keep in mind women's wrestling was outright banned in Arena México for many years so I doubt it's much of a priority in reality.

Spoiler:

Zeuxis

Major Apuestas Wins: Silueta
    Current Titles: Mexican National Women's Championship
    Group Affiliation: Tag Team with Dalys La Caribeña
    Thoughts: The best wrestler in the division as well as one of the best on the roster on
    the whole, she shines in every match style even to the point of making a tag team in a division with no tag titles work. Great talent in CMLL or Japan wrestling with REINA, she really deserves to be a bigger star and have better options around her. Her singles matches are generally a treat, and she will smash someone's face in with her running double knees in a Trios. I love her. My only complaint is when she's on Informa she gets asked the same dumb questions by fans. "Why are you allowed to hold the National Title when you aren't Méxican?" (She's half-Méxican) and "Are you in a relationship?" (YES...barely)

Marcela

Major Apuestas Wins: Rosa Negra, Tiffany, Dalys la Caribeña, Princesa
    Blanca/La Seductora (Tag Team with Princesa Sugehit)
    Current Titles: CMLL World Women's Championship
    Family in CMLL: Mother of Skadi
    Thoughts: One of the more underrated wrestlers for a long time, she's provided Lucha fans with a sneaky amount of great matches and also is just a very likable técnica person in the ring. Her age is starting to catch up to her, but her moveset remains strong and she's the one woman I think would be confident in having a legitimately great match with Zeuxis left given time.

La Amapola

Theme: "Hung Up" - Madonna
    Thoughts: My thoughts on her are similar to Marcela. Once was great, now just good, and a step behind the top two. But still can be good given the chance and is a charismatic Rudo.

Princesa Sugehit

Major Apuestas Wins: Dark Angel, Princesa Blanca/La Seductora (with Marcela)
    Thoughts: She was once apart of a longtime great tag team with Princesa Blanca, but after her técnica turn in 2014 she got the biggest win of her career, taking her hair and retiring her former partner. She's since been a solid performer and trusted hand for a lot of the other younger and less...trustworthy women.

Dalys La Caribeña (Dalys The Carribean)

Family in CMLL: Wife of Negro Casas
    Group Affiliation: Caribeñas Indomables with Zeuxis
    Thoughts: The Wife of the great Negro Casas isn't quite up to the level of her hubby, and her facepaint gimmick doesn't really fit with her Carribean Team with Zeuxis (Dalys being from Panama and Zeuxis from Puerto Rico) but she's a great mind for Lucha and a good base for some of the more agile técnicas. Her tag with Zeuxis has fun moments and she has great fire when she's put in position to.

Silueta (Silhouette)

Current Titles: Reina World Tag Team Championship (With Syuri) and
    CMLL-Reina International Junior Championship
    Group Affiliation: Tag Team with Syuri (When Syuri is around)
    Thoughts: A frustrating wrestler to watch, not because she's bad, but because she's good enough to be almost good, but is missing something to really get me behind her fully. Still, it's a pretty deep drop from her to the rest of the roster. A longtime rival of Zeuxis, she's preparing for a challenge of Zeuxis' title on the 23rd and their rivalry should remain a focal point of the division.

The rest of the women are either young and green or a veteran who wore out her welcome long ago. Plus Estrellita who's older but retains popularity for her...unique outfits. Still, she's not any better than the rest by a longshot. Then occasionally get someone from Japan who's usually really good, but none moreso than Syuri. Her interactions with Zeuxis last year were straight fire.

Mini-Estrellas

It's probably easy to write these guys off based on size alone, but let me go ahead and say right now these aren't midget wrestlers that do comedy matches, they're just shorter guys, some of which are actually really cool and among the most exciting around. Trust me, they aren't what you're expecting and they've had the best match on a given CMLL show many a time. Many though base their characters on regular CMLL stars.

Spoiler:

Astral

Major Apuestas Wins: Pequeño Halcón
    Current Titles: CMLL World Mini-Estrella Championship
    Theme: "Til The Sky Falls Down" - Dash Berlin
    Thoughts: The mini-Valiente, though without similar gimmicks obviously. He seems to have focused more on having a great body these days, but he still has a lot of talent and has actually had moments in the last 6 months in Trios matches where he's looked straight up amazing. If he gets a singles match there's a very good chance it's gonna be a great match. He's mentioned numerous times his desire to have matches in higher weight classes on Informa as well. That's unlikely with this booking team, but he'll be good either way.

Eléctrico

Major Apuestas Wins: Pequeño Black Warrior
    Current Titles: Mexican National Lightweight Championship
    Thoughts: "Mini Volt" is a heck of a nifty high flyer who's had a more than respectable career, with he and Astral being somewhat of a tag team, and really good partners too when paired together. A legitimate electrical engineer outside the ring and a fun técnico he continues to be a highlight of a division not in need of talent unlike the women...just in need of more spotlight. He carries his own name and is worth checking out, hopefully paired off in a storyline soon. His only weakness is his style has lead to injury on more than one occasion.

Astral (Pink!) & Eléctrico:

Stukita

Theme: "Dreams" - Van Halen
    Thoughts: Is there a more likable técnico in CMLL than Stukita? Probably not. He along with Angelito are a lock to provide great comebacks and innovative spots in their matches. Another great case of the division needing more spotlight, really really REALLY check these guys out because they're so amazing. Stukita is the man. I'm stopping myself right here because I really just had a revelation that all my thoughts on these guys are very similar in that they're very minimal in terms of any kind of storyline support, but are all talented (besides Pequeño Violencia) Give these guys promotion! Angelito, Astral, Bam Bam (Where is he?), Demus 3:16, Eléctrico, Mercurio, Shockercito, Stukita, all range from very good to excellent, I'm fired up about this division right now. Give em a chance people, I'm telling you. I wouldn't lie.

-

CURRENT STORYLINES

Now that the profiles that took me a super long time to complete are out of the way.... If you do jump into the promotion, here's what's going on and where things appear to have somewhat of a chance to be going. As I said before the promotion is extremely old school in its' feuds and if there is an "angle" or something like that, it's usually a big deal. Feuds are primarily furthered in the ring or on Informa. Long story short, jumping in isn't a big deal and things are easy to understand what's happening. WHY certain things happen is a bit harder of a task and quite frankly...there are no good answers sometimes.

The company's building up to one of its' bigger shows of the year, Homenaje a Dos Leyendas ("Homage to Two Legends", usually shortened to just Dos Leyendas) with much of the promotion of the show built around just what you think, honoring two legends. One always being Salvador Lutteroth, the founder of CMLL and father of Lucha Libre, and a Luchador. This year's honoree will be the recently deceased Lizmark (Descanse en Paz), with his son Hijo de Lizmark making his return to the promotion. (Laughably, and unconfidently claiming he could have a good match with Thunder on the most recent Informa.) Hijo de Lizmark is on his 25th year in wrestling and it seems he might wrestle a few Elite shows and be at Dos Leyendas to honor his dad, which would be better for all involved over any sort of full time return. Still, an Apuestas rematch with Blue Panther would do great business (Panther took his mask nearly a decade ago) though Lizmark said he's going after Rush like everyone else, as well as Marco who once took his hair.

They're building to an Apuestas match between Volador Jr. & Negro Casas as the top rivalry right now, started when Casas took Volador's dad, Super Parka's hair at the start of year after interference from Puma and Volador vowing to destroy the Casas dynasty. They had a really strong warmup match recently in Puebla and the full Apuestas match could very well be over ****+. Volador's had very strong mic work putting down everyone in the Casas family as well as promising "A surprise for you from my family". So we'll see where that goes. Regardless, the only reason this won't be the main event would be that they're saving an Apuestas match for later which would be good, or UG/Thunder gets it which would be bad. Volador/Casas is a hot feud and surprisingly well done as well.

UG/Thunder have had a long feud, were supposed to have their match at Sin Piedad. They didn't, lots of stupid excuses were made, and it's all a big mess. But they're feuding. Thunder also forgot his pants one week and had to wrestle in jeans, but hasn't been seen in 3 weeks, as he's known to randomly disappear with no reasons given.

Carístico & Rush & Cibernetico have had a 3 way feud going, and although it's been at times confusing with Rush having to team with one or the other at times, it's been largely entertaining. Carístico has looked very good in the ring upon his return despite pretty much losing all his matches for reasons nobody understands. Cibernetico's done better than his dirt poor expectations thus far and has worked hard trying to keep up with the higher level of talent. I'm not sure where any of this is going but it's actually pretty intriguing all things considered.

Máscara Dorada's back from Japan and has been publicly recruited to be the third man in a new Trio by two different pairs. Carístico put him & Ángel de Oro over as two of his favorite talents and stated he wanted them to be a group. Meanwhile Dorada's idea was to team with his old Guadalajara buddies Titán & Tritón. It's not like there's any real feud going on or anything like that, we're just waiting to see what the final decision is. Dorada's looked like a star since returning and whoever he joins up with is going to be a tremendous group either way and I can't wait to see where this goes.

Kamaitachi & Dragon Lee continue to feud after all this time. They too could be in line for a Title match at Dos Leyendas and it will be incredible as always. It'll make me sad if Kamaitachi loses though because if he drops the strap he'll probably be going back to Japan. Nobody wants this.

Felino's having an Apuestas match with Super Crazy soon, if you're a fan of ECW you might want to give that a look.

Elite's restarting itself as a Wednesday show with a G1-esque league format with 12 yet to be named Luchadores. (They tried to do this originally but stopped quickly and very well could again) It could be good but I'm not even gonna try to explain the points system until more info comes out.

Minor division rivalries between Zeuxis/Silueta going on with Silueta legitimately hurting Zeuxis recently but she says she's okay and I pray to God she's telling the truth. Shockercito/Mercurio have a rivalry and Mercurio making fun of Shockercito running the ropes will bring joy to your heart.

This literally just happened but Marco got kicked out of the Ingobernables Friday with Rush claiming he wants real wrestlers in the group after Marco defended Máximo from getting beat down with Máximo & Marco reforming Bufete del Amor and challenging Rush and La Máscara to a tag Apuestas match. I don't know if that will happen but to me I think it's very possible with Rush's history and both técnicos standing as two of the more popular in the company that whatever the payoff is gets held off until Anniversario. To me Marco & Rush and Máximo and Máscara are the most interesting pairings and to me Rush/Marco just match up better with Máximo & Máscara have a great family feud storyline with Super Porky retirement rumors swirling around.

This promotion is hotter than I thought it was in terms of storylines.

-

2016 Matches to Watch

Wrapping this up for good, if you've read all this and want to check it out, here's a very small set of recent matches to get yourself caught up.

Kamaitachi vs. Máximo Sexy (Hair vs Hair) (Sin Piedad 1/1) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc-asq3InVQ

Carístico vs Rush (1/15) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOi4nDWbE4

Esfinge vs. Puma (La Copa Junior Final) -
    Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKoF1vYCYH0
    Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uel-pLraoCA

Kamaitachi vs Dragon Lee - CMLL World Lightweight Championship
    (FantasticaMania 1/24) - www.dailymotion.com/video/x3o67vi

Fuego, The Panther, & Tritón vs. Puma, Tiger, & Virus (1/29) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5GInx7kM2M

Dragon Lee, Místico, & Volador Jr. vs. Barbaro Cavernario, Negro Casas
    & Ultimo Guerrero (1/29) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMdu--JzHlc

Delta vs. Hechicero (Lightning Match 2/2) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Parh4m9UUVs (1:09:33)

Ángel de Oro, Titán, & Tritón vs. Mephisto, Ephesto, & Luciferno (2/8)
    - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AZaMlbsUpc (1:07:00)

Negro Casas vs. Volador Jr. (2/15) -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTAI27Bkp04 (1:50:25)

I'm leaving a couple of spots empty for the Trios and Máscara Dorada vs Mephisto from the Friday show I just missed getting this up before because they were incredible.

And as a bonus, a match to watch if you're a fan of horrible wrestling or think I'm lying about Thunder, here is the match for you. Thunder vs. Euforia from 1/29. Believe it or not this was actually better than we all expected. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO3ZbOfzGA8

Lucha Libre is the best. <3
    Last edited by Zero; 07-23-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

This is some really good work man. Quite informative, CMLL has gained my interest ever since Fantastica Mania. Fuego is the fucking man.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    This is some really good work man. Quite informative, CMLL has gained my interest ever since Fantastica Mania. Fuego is the fucking man.
    Awesome. I'm gonna be right here when the Friday show comes out because there were a couple of sweet matches and a hot main event angle. Wish I had got this up before Friday! And Fuego is indeed the man. The only thing better than Fuego's entrance is Fuego's entrance plus a bunch of hot chicks doing it with him.

C'est Magnifique~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

CMLL Re: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

Check out those cool matches from Friday's show and one from yesterday that was my favorite of them all!

Dragon Lee, Stuka Jr., Volador Jr. vs. Gran Guerrero, Kamaitachi, Negro Casas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2Xq8OzsvY0

(All the técnicos were excellent and guess who carried the load for the Rudos?) A sub 9 minute match but a ton of fun.)

Mephisto vs. (c) Máscara Dorada (CMLL World Welterweight Title): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AyYuYpSLiU

(I'd be interested to see what newer fans who aren't as jaded by Mephisto think of this. Dorada put on a show though and made this work, though he wasn't popular with the crowd...)

Silueta vs. (c) Zeuxis (Méxican National Women's Title): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1LGrwBnvwY (at 1:16:00)

(Shake, if you're reading this this is your match. A UFC Fighter(Jorge Masvidal) even walked out Zeuxis to the ring! Just a great match where Zeuxis proved yet again she's one of the best and elevated Silueta as well. Just a great title bout that you gotta check out, people. Really made the best out of an otherwise bad show that bored the crowd to death until these two came out and rocked the house. Plus Super Halcón Jr was Silueta which made me happy personally. ***/12-***3/4)

-

And then there was a press conference which had lots of surprises and I might get more into if there's more interest, but needless to say: AWESOMENESS HAPPENED. They set up the top 3 matches on Dos Leyendas and the buzz on twitter is already talking Show of the year candidate.

Atomícos Especiál: Team Japan (Kamaitachi, Fujin, Raijin, Okumura) vs. Team México (Dragon Lee, Máscara Dorada, Místico, Valiente): This is worth the price of admission alone. This is going upwards of 20 and if you want to see the Japan young guns they're giving them a chance to break out here with a spotlight match on a big show. This is the first Atomícos (4vs4) match CMLL has run in years and will be wild and awesome.

Máximo vs. Rush (Luchas de Apuestas): There was great mic work between these two at the press conference and it called back to their days in their faction, with both Bufete del Amor and Los Ingobernables looking for a third man. There's a 99% chance Rush will win over the World Champion and this was very soon for a hair match. I suspect this is building to a bigger match with Rush vs Marco or Volador down the line but the action, if Máximo keeps his antics to a minimum should be very strong.

Negro Casas vs. Volador Jr. (Luchas de Apuestas): An excellent matchup on paper that's been built quite well the past couple of months. This for all intents and purposes be the best pure match of the night and although Volador is the favorite, it's not as open and shut like the above match. I'm super hyped for this in particular and I could easily see this as a top 10 Lucha match of the year. This show is gonna rock is all I know.

The rest of the card will be announced on the coming days along with their plans for CMLL's new PS3/PS4 app that was just debuted. (Well, they might just not say anything about that even though it's been released but...yeah)
    C'est Magnifique~

Certified G

Status

Cheers for this Zero, will check CMLL out after getting a guide like this that makes it easier to jump in.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Awesome! Yeah, things are going pretty good in CMLL right now and that's the exact reaction I was going for, man. Let me know what you think Pinkman.
    C'est Magnifique~

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Atomícos Especiál: Team Japan (Kamaitachi, Fujin, Raijin, Okumura) vs. Team México (Dragon Lee, Máscara Dorada, Místico, Valiente)
    Jesus what a match I'll be looking up this when it drops.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    ro=Romania

Thank you for the awesome post. I will check out the matches you listed. Hopefully i can get into lucha libre. I was always more a fan of the old-school style grappler such as Davey or Lethal or Bryan. Even Del Rio. But i always wanted to get into it. My main issue is that the commentary is Spanish. And i only understand English. But i will be sure to check it out. Really informative post.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Jesus what a match I'll be looking up this when it drops.
    It should be one of their ippvs live on the 18th or it might just air on one of their cubsfan affiliates and be on youtube in a week or two later (or both which is very likely). That 4v4 and the main event are going to be well worth watching and Rush/Máximo should be fun, though there's much more risk of that getting messed up with run-ins and the like. I'm hoping for a minis match on the undercard especially with the women heading to Japan. But there's still room for a lot of the big names too. I'm pumped for this match and this show. Have to say I was surprised the young lions are seeming to get fast tracked already into this big feud, it even took Kamaitachi awhile before he got into that Dragon Lee thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pitbull View Post
    Thank you for the awesome post. I will check out the matches you listed. Hopefully i can get into lucha libre. I was always more a fan of the old-school style grappler such as Davey or Lethal or Bryan. Even Del Rio. But i always wanted to get into it. My main issue is that the commentary is Spanish. And i only understand English. But i will be sure to check it out. Really informative post.
    Great stuff, man. Fun fact on Bryan: He said he got very into CMLL during his injury and his main goal upon his return was to put his hair on the line in an Aniversario Apuestas match against Atlantis. He wrestled in México once and it was for AAA. During his stay just like the dumbasses who run that company have a tendency to do, they completely botched his match and since at the time Teddy Hart and Jack Evans were his partners in the match, the commentators didn't know Bryan so what name was he given? "Teddy Jack" for half the match until someone clued him in on who Bryan was. It's since become an inside joke among Lucha fans since that day.

Anyway, CMLL has a variety of styles used like I said, the closest you'll find to ROH/indy style like is guys like Dragon Lee & Kamaitachi, as well as Carístico, Místico, Volador have a big following in Japan and may be up a similar alley. They also have a variety of technical wrestlers in a similar vein of guys I like a lot like Biff Busick and Timothy Thatcher (I don't know how familiar you are with them) though a bit more fastly paced, fun, and exciting. (Virus, Blue Panther, and Hechicero fall into this category)

The great thing about CMLL compared to Japanese wrestling is that many more people speak Spanish in America than Japanese so information is a bit easier to find. If some promo happens or their interview show Informa or a press conference like yesterday, those sites I linked above will have translations for sure. Plus there's me, someone that can only kind of follow along, in terms of actual matches I can only say my personal preference, but for me I will take traditional Méxican and Japanese commentary 100% of the time over Matt Striker, Kevin Kelly, or anyone on Raw.

I'm very happy with the turnout and the reps I've gotten. (And pub from cubsfan who shouted me out on Luchablog the other day which is always appreciated) If everyone's down we might have a little bit of a Lucha band getting together here. I'll break down the press conference a little more fully later too since y'all are taking the time to check everything out.
    Last edited by Zero; 02-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Man you are a CMLLwiki . I am very familiar with Biff and Thatcher. I love that bruising technical style they bring to the table. But if you say styles are different , then i will surely give it a try. Did the same with ROH several years back and fell in love instantly with a lot of them. Fun fact , i hated the heel run of Kevin Steen. To me the guy screamed face. But this isn't ROH thread so thanks again and i will make sure to check your posts.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Decided to check out the Kamaitachi vs. Maximo Sexy at Sin Piedad match (since it was first there). I've got to admit that I wasn't really won over by the pair. Maximo Sexy in particular, I just can't get into. You can tell he's a huge fucking face there because the crowd were all over him for the entirety of the 38 minutes but his whole kissing the ref or Kamaitachi wasn't all that humorous for me. Thank god I read all of that, the faked low blows, early falls and slow counts made a lot more sense because of that, still, there's definitely an adjustment period here. I'll also agree that Maximo's limb selling is pretty good too. And the crowd getting super-emotional post-match was great. In fact, unlike say, NJPW, the heavy emphasis on the crowd is a cool difference. Man, if you want to know how much an Aspicuetas (is that how you type it) match means, just watch the end, the couple crying and Kamaitachi's reaction says it all really. On a bonus front, understanding french makes for having an (extremely) basic understanding of what they're saying. But yeah, I think I'll definitely need to get really used to the wrestling here because maybe because it's late and I'm tired, but I really didn't get entirely into it.

Will watch Caristico vs. Rush tomorrow.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Trust me, you're preaching to the choir on Máximo. I'll never be a fan of him or his gimmick, nor do I even see the appeal of him in general, but I try to be fair even though that's literally the last thing I want to see in my wrestling, and like you and anyone can tell, an Apuestas match of any kind between main guys will be important, but Máximo nobody will blame anyone for passing automatically on. Funnily enough and I wrote all this before Bufete del Amor reunited but the gimmick of that is basically that they're ladies' favorites which is just like..huh? For Máximo. Had no idea French and Spanish were so closely related btw.

Beware the finish of Carístico/Rush and keep in mind this was phase 1 of their grudge (realistically Máximo and the Ingobernables probably aren't the two to start off with to get you excited about the company but I DID IT CHRONOLOGICALLY OKAY), but the wrestling was pretty strong otherwise. After that up to Volador/Casas is more of a traditionalist view of the company with a lot of different talents and a few different styles too, I think we're going to see the traditional great great workrate match from Volador/Casas at Dos Leyendas.
    Last edited by Zero; 02-26-2016 at 05:23 AM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Just watched Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi (hoped i spelled right). Good match and both guys looked impressive. I didn't like that they basically threw away the rounds idea. I mean you do 7 minutes 2 rounds and then 15 or something like that the third? I actually love the "fight" style they adopted even with the girl round presentation that boxing has. Good idea and yes French helped me understand Spanish too. The problem i had was that both guys deserved a better paced in rounds match . Never been a fan of the quick pin. The thing i loved the most was the ramp level ring. They used it a lot and made for some nice spots . The best one was a springboard dive countered into a mid-air dropkick by Dragon Lee. Will surely be checking out Dos Leyendas.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Watched Caristico vs. Rush. I liked these two a lot more, and this match was a bit more enjoyable but I'm definitely still adjusting. The second fall was given due to the early mask removal? What bothered me the most about the match was (well you called it) the finish. If these refs are going to take 5 hours per counts than those sort of holding onto tights or using the ropes as leverage should realistically never happen, the ref has so much time to spot it. Still gonna watch it all before I make a final decision Lolled at Los Ingorbenables coming back to beat the shit out of Caristico because he was talking shit and Caristico continuing to talk until he was entirely backed into the corner. I know you mentioned it about being the journey but aside from the mask removal and the crowd baiting Rush with Caristico chants, felt like most of the second half of the match was Caristico and Rush doing your standard plancha/suicide dive/springboard and occasional counter drop kick. Anywho, I will look on to the next one.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

CMLL Re: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

The funny thing about that is Carístico's promo was pretty much him saying Rush isn't as great as he thinks and that Carístico can beat him, then he just gets beaten down anyway. His booking makes no sense in general and I really hope they turn it around soon. The guy's arguably their biggest star and he's being booked like the Méxican Goto. The good thing is that it was like a Raw main event. It was great, but they left a lot in the tank for a bigger one.

The mask removal thing happens sporadically but is always an automatic DQ. One time Sombra was in there and got his mask taken off and didn't get his hands up in time and they blurred his face out.

-

I watched Friday's show and the build to Dos Leyendas continues. There was also the Super Viernes debut of Fujin & Raijin as well as a very good Trios match and I'll give a brief recap of each match since I watched live as well as an excellent card next week.

M1: Astral & Stukita vs Demus 3:16 & Pierrothito: Stukita looked very good but the match was mediocre. Astral had an off night.

M2: Fujin, Raijin, Skándalo vs Blue Panther Jr., The Panther, Tritón: Poor Tritón, stuck working Skándalo. Poor Tanaka, stuck working BP Jr. The Japanese guys had some cool moves but they seemed to spotlight Komatsu more. Highlights include:

Komatsu busting out the Hakushi prayer rope walk.

Komatsu & Tanaka's finishers include a wheelbarrow Codebreaker into a reDRagon style pushoff German except Tanaka held on for the pin. Their second was Tanaka lifting up the guy for a Package Piledriver, Komatsu hitting a Super Kick, then the Piledriver. They fit right in.

M3: Ángel de Oro, Dragón Lee, Stuka Jr. vs Boby Z, Kamaitachi, Okumura: Best match of the night by far, with Oro & Dragon Lee in particular looking awesome. Stuka had a bum shoulder but all 6 looked strong. A good watch.

M4: Dalys vs Marcela: This didn't click and Dalys looked plain bad. Hopefully it was just an off night.

The main events were just angles disguised as matches to build up the Apuestas matches. Casas/Volador: Casas "hit" (Parka's old and he slipped out a little, this looked awful) a Tombstone on Volador's dad while the ref wasn't looking and he went out on a stretcher. The ref recovered in time to see Volador going for a Tombstone on Casas and broke it up. They brawled. Also earlier in the show Casas sat backstage yelling at one of Volador's old masks and saying he'd destroy him.

Rush/Máximo: Máximo scored 2 falls in a row in their Trios winning in a sweep, first by Rush fouling him and second by faking a foul. They dueled on the mic afterwards with Rush saying Máximo will shave his last 5 hairs and dedicate it to his cousin La Máscara. Máximo said no but he did like kissing him.

Basically the build to this is Rush will destroy Máximo in a straight fight but Máximo can steal the match via mind games and such. Dorada doesn't belong with Bufete del Amor.

-

Next Friday's show:

1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Súper Halcón Jr. vs El Cuatrero & Sansón
    2) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, Dalys, Tiffany
    3) Esfinge, Titán, Tritón vs Ephesto, Mephisto, Virus
    4) Marco Corleone, Máximo Sexy, Último Guerrero vs La Máscara, Rey Escorpión, Rush
    5) Kamaitachi © vs Dragón Lee [CMLL World Lightweight Title]
    6) Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Volador Jr. vs Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas

This is a big show, two sons of a legend make their Friday debut in the opener and that could be a very good match. The return of Atlantis to Super Viernes and we'll see if there are any plans for him having a Dos Leyendas match and the latest chapter of the Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi rivalry as Kamaitachi has his first title defense. Plus Rey Escorpión is back from the US! Him and UG picking up?

Every match besides the women has a high upside and Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi haven't delivered anything less than great yet. This looks to be a really strong show on paper. Lee/Kamaitachi and the opener I'm excited for.
    C'est Magnifique~

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Oh my god. I just watched Kamaitachi vs. Dragon Lee (and skipped the match before). How the fuck is Dragon Lee only my age? That was such an amazing match. The fighting spirit sort of moments never went long to the point of absurdity (as in just a string of 4-5 moves before they dropped out of breath), the fucking counter spots were so perfect, when they seemed predictable or too soon, the other guy would counter the counter. The timing of it all too was great and smooth (as a contrast to say the A.J. Styles/Jericho Fast Lane match where the timing felt dragged out and off, though of course comparing a 45 year old to a 20/26 year old is silly). The match was exciting and hard hitting and felt like two small hosses going at it. Not sure if this or Ospreay/Scurll is my MOTY at this point but what a brilliant match. I'll go back and watch Esfinge/Puma next.

Do you have any La Sombra matches to suggests as must-watches? I wanted to check him out.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Which Kamataichi/Lee match are you on about Jon?

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Which Kamataichi/Lee match are you on about Jon?
    FantasticaMania

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    FantasticaMania
    Oh yeah that match is the tits, my MOTY so far.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

It's amazing to think that that was like the 6th "big" match they've had with pretty much all being **** or greater. There's a lot of debate on which is the best of their series, many rate August, December, or this, but their matches are usually pretty different in structure and they do callback spots and just a great great rivalry that could very well be nearing its' end Friday in terms of singles matches. We also have the same top two MOTYs btw.

RE: La Sombra - He is an awesome wrestler and every fan was sad to see him go. (Also a very great and funny promo in Spanish that will probably never come through in the fed even after learning English) Here are 3 of his last big matches before leaving.

vs. Atlantis:*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQUouo78KY*- The young vs old, mask vs mask. Absolute MOTYC and must watch, as well as the post match. Unbelievable moment. Also a part of the first fall is when CMLL became my official favorite company I think.

vs. Volador Jr.:*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NbTOa1irRU*- Every year CMLL runs a special Halloween themed show, and these two main evented for Volador's title. These two have literally been feuding for 5 years and it peaked when Sombra took his mask on the 2013 Anniversary show in an infamous main event. (Lesnar/Goldberg but with two guys trying hard and having an actual great match) This is the end of that feud of 1 zillion matches.

vs. Rush:*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJjHmlAHIg*- Building off the end of the Volador match, it's friends fighting! La Sombra's last match in CMLL. They try to have a mini NJPW main event almost and it's good, though hurt by the crowd not really taking to either man's Rudo act.

His versatility on display as we see storytelling, high flying-ness, and a "Strong Style" matches in 3 vastly different settings. He was my original favorite Luchador and now I'm sad. There was said to be a house show NXT match with him vs Sami Zayn which people live said was incredible but alas I've never seen it. Sombra is the man and should be a star.
    C'est Magnifique~

Thread Information