Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    It's amazing to think that that was like the 6th "big" match they've had with pretty much all being **** or greater. There's a lot of debate on which is the best of their series, many rate August, December, or this, but their matches are usually pretty different in structure and they do callback spots and just a great great rivalry that could very well be nearing its' end Friday in terms of singles matches. We also have the same top two MOTYs btw.

RE: La Sombra - He is an awesome wrestler and every fan was sad to see him go. (Also a very great and funny promo in Spanish that will probably never come through in the fed even after learning English) Here are 3 of his last big matches before leaving.

vs. Atlantis:*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQUouo78KY*- The young vs old, mask vs mask. Absolute MOTYC and must watch, as well as the post match. Unbelievable moment. Also a part of the first fall is when CMLL became my official favorite company I think.

vs. Volador Jr.:*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NbTOa1irRU*- Every year CMLL runs a special Halloween themed show, and these two main evented for Volador's title. These two have literally been feuding for 5 years and it peaked when Sombra took his mask on the 2013 Anniversary show in an infamous main event. (Lesnar/Goldberg but with two guys trying hard and having an actual great match) This is the end of that feud of 1 zillion matches.

vs. Rush:*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJjHmlAHIg*- Building off the end of the Volador match, it's friends fighting! La Sombra's last match in CMLL. They try to have a mini NJPW main event almost and it's good, though hurt by the crowd not really taking to either man's Rudo act.

His versatility on display as we see storytelling, high flying-ness, and a "Strong Style" matches in 3 vastly different settings. He was my original favorite Luchador and now I'm sad. There was said to be a house show NXT match with him vs Sami Zayn which people live said was incredible but alas I've never seen it. Sombra is the man and should be a star.
    I just watched the match vs. Atlantis. I enjoyed it but I think I made a mistake not watching this full volume (I was at school and didnt have headphones on me) because I think the crowd/commentary would've livened up a match that was so obviously storytelling focused. I enjoyed the story no doubt, and the young vs. old, mask vs. mask plus the brotherly love between Sombra/Rush is very evident. This is definitely a rewatch so I can really appreciate it. I will check out the other two at some point. I love La Sombra and Rush's presence, definitely two of my favorites in the same vein that Naito quickly captured my heart in NJPW. It doesn't seem like they go too heavy on the Japan Los Ingorbenables level but I haven't seen enough to say that.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Sombra actually started the mask entrance gimmick (He had the alien as well as a monkey mask, Rush has a special bull one too) but he kinda stopped once Naito started in G1. Plus I LOVED that unlike in NJPW, when Rush pulled the ref out, instead of Red Shoes standing there like an idiot and just letting bedlam occur, he disqualified the motherfucker and threw out Rush like any rational person.

Sombra & Rush (and Máscara kind of) are the ultimate bros. <3
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

CMLL Re: 2016 CMLL For New, Casual, and Lapsed Fans

So I got Jon to watch this Friday show with me and it had its ups and downs, including an incredibly large up and in general was mostly fun.

I'm bummed I missed Halcón/Bala vs Sanson/Cuatrero, but Jon says this was solid and he liked Sanson/Cuatrero more, which is a good sign as Bala/Halcón are good . I look forward to watching it.

I thought the women's Trios was pretty bad, mostly due to the rudas. Marcela, Sugehit, and Vaquerita found ways to impress though and Sugehit as Batgirl saved this from being a waste. Tiffany is easily Eva Marie level.

Máximo defacating Los Ingobernables' locker room with balloons and crap made me smile as I anticipated Rush's reaction.

Titán/Tritón/Esfinge vs Virus/Ephesto/Mephisto was trending towards being really good until the Tercera finish which was embarrassingly bad on the ref's part. Titán & Tritón specifically looked absolutely excellent here.

Rush blew up in the locker room and it was awesome.

Máximo/Marco/UG vs Rush/Mascara/Rey Escoprpión was fun with the crowd being ON FIRE for Máximo vs Rush. Rush ended up blocking the kiss and fouling Máximo and beating the crap out of him and attacked the ref, then Máximo got the last word after Rush walked away saying he liked his kiss that he had before. Between waging war against a man who wears a skirt, pink hair, forces himself on other guys, and messes up locker rooms, as well as attacking bad referees, Rush is making a strong case for "Best Babyface".

Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi: An incredible athletic display and great match. Still, it went a tad long and into overkill, but you can't deny the effort, the skill, the sacrifice involved. Just incredible. I loved the Falcon Arrow and Gannosuke Clutch used one day after Hayabusa's death. This is legitimately one of the greatest in-ring feuds of all time, people. Must watch. Just...****1/4

The main was better than I thought it'd be but still not much to write about. Fun finish and build to Volador/Casas though. Lee/Kamaitachi is already up on the ClaroSports site and the rest will hit YT Tuesday. Every match besides the women were at least solid but my favorite match of the rest was the Rush/Máximo Trios as they're starting to pull me in on this feud. (Although the best wrestling outside of Lee/Kamaitachi was when Titán & Tritón were on offense in their match, well worth checking out. Good show. Dos Leyendas continues to look like it's going to be awesome. Watch Lee/Kamaitachi.
    C'est Magnifique~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

No One

Status

That.

Yeah, opener was solid but nothing to write homes about, I liked the rudos which I guess was Sanson & Cuatrero.

Womens trios was indeed mediocre but I didnt mind Marcela (which is the tecnicos in this feud I believe) and Vaquerita. Didn't care for Batgirl or any of the rudos in this one. And I was kinda hoping to see Zeuxis wrestle since she's supposedly the best there.

Wasn't entirely sure what was happening with Maximos admittedly but it's so obvious he's a huge face down there. Crowd's insanely into him and I cannot for the life of me imagine why.

Titan/Triton were extremely good, and Virus isn't too shabby himself. Their offenses were pretty fun. But indeed, finish felt off and indeed what was partially a pretty hot match. Didn't care about the other three. Still, it's really hard to stand out for a first time viewer in a trios match like that.

Im pretty much just repeating what Zero's saying atm. Rush/Maximo is the biggest story of the night and Rush is awesome. I actually loved the exchange between Corleone and Escorpion too. No clue about UG, I dont even remember what he looks like that's how relevant he was in this match. La Mascara wasn't bad either. Glad Rush just sacked Maximo instead of dealing with his nonsense. 10/10. Would watch him sack Maximo again.

Kamaitachi/Lee was great. It wasn't as awesome as the FantasticaMania and I think the part where they got out of hand was when they got into that WWE-style your finish/my finish type of thing but at least they sold it quite a bit. **** for me. And yeah, must watch. Though the end result means NJPW is getting a junior back. Juniors have always been the initial thing that was most attractive to me about NJPW so it would be cool if they would re-emphasize them, bring in someone like Ricochet, and even Kyle O'Reilly on more permanent basis and with Ospreay and KUSHIDA and I guess BUSHI, you've got a really stacked division already. Maybe the Super J Cup will give it some momentum?

Didn't really give a shit about the main event tbh. Lots of old people. Caveman's doing the worm. Fat dudes with a fro dancing. Volador Jr. is cool. That's about it. I was tempted to stop at Lee/Kama and I'm sad I did not.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I actually liked that opener. Both teams worked hard, there was some unique double team moves, and it put over an upcoming team. Sadly Halcón and Bala are stuck in opening match hell when they really should be higher but oh well.

Marcela is a very good wrestler! None of the técnicas are bad, though I'm sensing anti-Batgirl bias on your part. You should watch that Zeuxis/Silueta match from last week. She's legit.

Hey Jon, you hated Máximo's act right away like any normal person. Imagine watching this guy do the same act for years. Remember when I said there are some things there are no good answers for? His popularity is certainly one of them. But yeah, Corleone is a good wrestler too, people would be surprised if they only knew him from his early days in WWE. (Plus he has a super hot Méxican wife) I really think this Rush/Máximo thing is building up to Rush just destroying him in the hair match. That's two cheap Wins in a row for Máximo and a messed up locker room, they're gonna make Rush look strong, he's very much in contention to main event the Anniversary show this year and we can only hope Máximo isn't.

The matches on last Friday's show are all up now. I liked the opener and every other match had it's moments, but none were better than that Zeuxis/Silueta or the Lee/Volador/Stuka vs Gran/Kamaitachi/Casas Trios I posted on the last page. Those were great. Dragon Lee / Kamaitachi remains the pick of the litter though and an insane match.

Hombre Bala Jr. & Super Halcón vs. Sanson & Cuatrero (Z-Rating: ***): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aPe-zjNpAI

Marcela/La Vaquerita/Princesa Sugehit vs. Tiffany/Dalys/Amapola (*): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU1MPhLytd8

Tritón/Titán/Esfinge vs. Virus/Ephesto/Mephisto (**3/4...this was hurt BAD by the finish): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OftVrAJijkk

Marco Corleone/Máximo/Ultimo Guerrero vs. Rush/La Máscara/Rey Escorpión (**3/4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVyDVGl-7Mo

Dragon Lee vs. Kamaitachi - CMLL World Lightweight Championship (****1/4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQdrfa2671Q

Atlantis/Máscara Dorada/Volador vs. Cavernario/Mr. Niebla/Negro Casas (**): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwaWOVUa7UI

On Informa tomorrow we see if Lluvia and Kamaitachi pay off their respective bikini bets from last week's show, Rush will probably cut a great promo and JCR will amuse me in an unintentional way as always.

Next Friday's card, go home to Dos Leyendas!

1. Shockercito/Ultimo Dragoncito vs. Mercurio/Pequeño Nitro
    2. Blue Panther Jr./The Panther/Fuego vs. Virus/Raziel/Cancerbero
    3. Super Porky/Blue Panther/Stuka Jr. vs. Terrible/Rey Bucanero/Vangellys
    4. Marcela vs. Dalys - CMLL Women's Title Match
    5. Volador Jr./Super Parka/Máscara Dorada vs. Negro Casas/Kamaitachi/Cavernario
    6. Máximo/Marco Corleone/Ultimo Guerrero vs. Rush/La Máscara/Rey Escorpión

Step down from last week's show for sure. This is definitely a week where you can skip and just maybe try to catch something Tuesday if something is surprisingly good. This is likely going to feature buildup for the 3 main matches with Kamaitachi/Dorada, Volador/Casas, Rush/Máximo all having their final interactions and if Dalys brings her best that might be a solid match too. First two matches should be solid.
    C'est Magnifique~

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Got around to watching Lee/Kamaitachi. While great, I didn't think it entered the MOTYC territory of the Fantasticamania match or some of the top ones from 2015. I loved how they started off going to the stairway and Kama launched himself off the top of the ramp in a call back to previous encounters. This series is getting close to Okada/Tanahashi where I've loved what I've seen but I feel like I need a break from it now as it's being too frequently booked and is in danger of future matches blurring into previous matches and I won't be able to split them apart. I think I saw on twitter that Dragon Lee has indeed bought a bikini for Kama to wear

And oh yes, Maximo sucks.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I agree. I think **** is definitely the right range and honestly probably my least favorite of their matches. (Still great and better than pretty much everything else going on right now) I think this Team Japan/México thing going on is going to set up Kamaitachi to take on Dorada in a feud if he's not going back to Japan (it's looking like he's sticking around for at least the next month. ) What else could those two really do at this point against each other? They've feuded over masks, title, in different countries, invented new moves and nearly killed each other a dozen times over. It's time to move on to other guys for awhile. As for Informa...

Everyone knows Rush is an epic promo but what's less known is Dragon Lee is also an awesome talker, has been since En Busca two years ago. His interview was pretty great. I love CMLL promos because they're totally off the cuff, and the live audience usually provides at least one lol moment. Here are some brief important parts of who was on featuring Dragon Lee pretty much saying what we said!

Volador was on first and he mostly talked about his Dos Leyendas match with Negro Casas. Says he stays up until 5am watching Negro Casas tapes, channeling me from like 2 years ago. Teases LA Park being in his corner for the match (Go fuck your mothers). Volador then rants on Carístico again (this is like the 3rd time now, lol) and says he's a relic and not near as good as he used to be. Finished off by saying Casas is a great wrestler and he's proud to fight him in a hair match.

JCR says Lluvia will pay off her bikini bet on the 100th episode of Informa. JCR! You've let us all down.

Dragon Lee comes in and says he got so much money tossed in from the fans after the match with Kamaitachi he might buy a new car. He then does this awesome dramatic buildup to when the hand hit 3 on the match and his first thought after winning was "I'm hungry." and started thinking about where to go to eat. Said all the técnicos in the locker room gave him an ovation and said he was hurting bad the next day. Said he thought since they've wrestled so many times that he'd love to team up with Kamaitachi and do something different, fight Volador & Casas, Rush, La Máscara etc. A fan asked who his ideal mask match opponent would be and he listed La Máscara, Titán, Máscara Dorada, & Carístico. (Good tastes!) Dragon Lee brings out the bikini and vows to make Kamaitachi hold up his bet and then rags on JCR to my delight. "Are you dreaming of seeing Kamaitachi in this?" Says Kamaitachi is no longer number one, he's numero dos. Ends it by talking to the women in the audience saying "The guy under the Dragon Lee mask has a girlfriend, but Dragon Lee is single, chicas." Tremendous interview and Dragon Lee is the man.

They brought us down with Akuma and my man Hombre Bala Jr. hyping up their match against each other Saturday. They talked about their families in wrestling and Bala went on a deal about how hard it is being a Luchador. This was actually a fun interview and both guys are surprisingly good talkers. Akuma getting asked about the 69 he wears and dodging the question then playing with Kamaitachi's thong was hilarious.

Negro Casas is the main event and he looks ridiculous in fancy clothes.

He starts off putting over Informa and says he wants the 100th episode at the arena. Sure why not. He mostly talks about Volador and says if he has to do Volador's flipping style he'll bust out dives and he can still do it. Talks about how nervous his wife and daughters get because he's older but it's okay. Puts over Volador as a great wrestler and says it shows how great he himself is for taking on the new generation and the reason all the young guns want to face him is because he's the top star to the fans. When they ask the audience for questions a fan gets on the mic and says that Casas should end Volador and most of the crowd agrees. They talk about some of his old matches when Casas just says "You know guys...the show is going too long" He hypes up Dos Leyendas and says Adios amigos. Ending the show!

If there is one thing to take away from all this it's that Dragon Lee >>>>>
    Last edited by Zero; 03-10-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
    They had the go-home Informa, shorter than usual, but hit home Rush & Máximo's main event. Máximo said that he's nervous being a headliner of his first big event, and that while Rush is a great luchador he'll tire out quickly and that's how he'll win. He then said he wants La Máscara next if he beats Rush. (Also he said Rush likes his kisses bleh) He says he's not a legend like his dad Super Porky and his uncles, all humble. Then a fan after my own heart gets on the mic and says Rush was gonna beat his ass and shave him bald. Máximo says if he wins he'll come to that guy's house and shave him too.

Undercarder Sangre Azteca was on saying he's back from injury, got his front tooth knocked upwards and tore his gum and broke a bone in his upper jaw while catching a Stigma plancha. Got really emotional.

Dalys was on talking about her title win over Marcela. Says she's proud to be the first Panama-born champ in CMLL and wants a hair match with Marcela. Then put over Zeuxis. <3

The king, ROOSH comes on and talks about how he's neither rudo or técnico, but Ingobernable and said what's in right now. Then a fan brings up Marco's promo saying Rush was a failed técnico and nobody ever cared about him. Rush gives him an awesome laugh, saying he wasn't good enough to be an Ingobernable and that Rush just didn't want to be a Rudo that gets cheered. Rush buries Carístico a bunch, then said Cibernetico was a great talker but an awful Luchador in the ring. A fan said he wanted Rush to finish "Mil Nombres". Rush put over Dragon Lee and his training saying one day if they confront each other it'll be great, but likes a Trio too. He finishes off by putting over Atlantis as the best Luchador and cuts a passionate promo asking the bookers to make an Apuestas match. Then says he'll ruin Máximo Friday and dedicates the win to Los Ingobernables to end the show. Cool stuff.
    Last edited by Zero; 03-21-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The verdict on Dos Leyendas: A fun show! Negro Casas put on a WOTY caliber performance in the main event, must see due to seeing a 56 year old man deliver as he's done his whole career. Máximo/Rush had high highs and low lows, but overall was quite the spectacle and the post-match was ***** outside of the reveal of the 3rd Ingobernable which was a letdown. The Atomícos was fun. Both Dragon Lee and Místico put in excellent performances. Fujin/Raijin have a ways to go to get to their level, and Dorada had a surprising miscue, but this was still super fun. The 2nd match was very good until a horrible ref miscue. Titán/Cometa/Angel de Oro = <3 The opener and semimain were both bad. There's a version online already that skipped the opener if you wanna check the show out. Would recommend the main and Atomícos for sure. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgdq8BkFrI

Also Rush/Cage is happening. Elite got a big TV deal! The LU floodgates are opening...

https://mobile.twitter.com/offeartha...58748962242560
    C'est Magnifique~

No One

Status

Will watch when I get the chance Zero!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Just wanna put out there that Monday's Puebla show was another really good one with an awesome main event with Carístico/UG, comparable to AJ/Owens with a better finish. CMLL I'd not only the hottest company in the ring, but with a tournament starting tonight, and Rush/Brian Cage coming up right around the corner for Elite's new TV deal and people probably jumping off the sinking ship that is AAA, CMLL is also one of the companies with the best business upside right now. Sadly Monday showed one of their big flaws: Why was Carístico in Puebla and not on Dos Leyendas? He looked World Class in their matchup and him replacing Super Porky in the Dos Leyendas semimain would have upgraded it from crappy to probably pretty good. With the new deal in place hopefully he's in line for a bigger push, he was a highlight of AAA last year and continues to add a lot to CMLL.
    C'est Magnifique~

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Cage is in CMLL now? I noticed Sexy Star has left AAA, is she going to be written out of LU now as well?

I'll take a look at these matches once my Bryan Danielson list is in at the end of the week.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Elite got a TV deal with one of the bigger channels in México and they're doing an unofficial relaunch with a 12 man tournament of some sort that they're bringing in Cage to take on Rush in the opening round which is an ace match in my book.

My guess is Cage and Sexy will still be on LU, just not AAA (Sexy's leaving of AAA and how dysfunctional it all looked was pure comedy btw), but we'll know for sure by the next tapings of LU.
    C'est Magnifique~

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quick question about the post match angle during the Puebla show where Cavernario attacked Dorada. During the attack Volador and Dragon Lee kinda heelishly walked away while Dorada was being repeatedly hit with the microphone. Was there a reason they didn't even attempt to make the save?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by squidlad View Post
    Quick question about the post match angle during the Puebla show where Cavernario attacked Dorada. During the attack Volador and Dragon Lee kinda heelishly walked away while Dorada was being repeatedly hit with the microphone. Was there a reason they didn't even attempt to make the save?
    There's no real kayfabe reason why, my only explanation of why is because Cavernario also has challenged Dragon Lee and attacked him in Guadalajara and Dorada wasn't there to help. But Cavernario seems to be another one of these guys getting a push, he's got title challenges against Dragon Lee and Dorada coming up, though sadly only the Dorada one is the only one of the two to air.

Not to sound like a broken record but they again had another really good show Tuesday, and this one was built all around the Gran Alterniva tournament Block A. (The gimmick is it's a tag tournament where every team is a rookie teams with a veteran and in general is a sign of moving the winning rookie up the card) In total it lasted about 35 minutes with every match going around 5 minutes, it was fast paced and flew by. Tritón and Mistico was clearly the best team though. Kinda iffy on Fujin (Komatsu) still but he did okay and Rey Escorpión is a great Rudo partner to learn from.

Sadly Cage got pulled for the Elite tournament. The most likely explanation is AAA still has a hold of his work visa and told him he can't work with Elite, though I guess it's possible LU stepped in to muscle him out with their contract. Cage posted a twitter message apologizing and said it wasn't CMLL/Elite's fault but other forces at work. Cage & Rush would have been amazing. Hopefully they can still get a few good replacements and help their tournament get off to the right start. It's promising for their resources they'd even be able to set an American star of his caliber up to begin with.

EDIT: Wow.

Last edited by Zero; 03-23-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

There are a lot of really awesome think going on right now and if the post-Mania lull hits this is still my go-to promotion. First thing's first though, KAMAITACHI PAID OFF HIS BIKINI BET. And he completely rocked it coming out in a robe that said "I'm a man of my word" before rocking it. Seriously, I love this guy so much and he is the Most Outstanding Wrestler.

But most importantly Liga Elite kicks off tonight! Cubsfan has mentioned that he'll be able to get it, and there's a good chance he'll be able to put it up so that should be sometime between tomorrow & Tuesday. The format is essentially like a year long G1 or regularly Soccer League. Two matches a week with 12 competitors where everyone faces everyone. The winner will be crowned the Inaugural World Elite Champion, #2 & 3 get prizes and the bottom 4 face off in a match where the loser loses his hair/mask. There's a lot of excitement in México over this concept with the streets being closed off around Arena México and a full Red Carpet entrance for the Luchadores involved. Here are the 12 men taking part in the League.

Rush
    Carístico
    Atlantis
    Volador Jr.
    Cibernetico
    Máscara Dorada
    Místico
    La Máscara
    Ultimo Guerrero
    Bobby Lashley (Guest/TNA)
    Xtreme Tiger (Guest/TNA)
    Juventud Guerrera (Guest)

Rush/Lashley & Dorada/Tiger are happening on the first show and both should be very good. I want Lashley to finish last and lose his hair.

-

The Gran Alternativa had it's B Block, and Rush was awesome (though I wish new CMLL Luchador Golden Magic got to win, he's a great indy wrestler) and him purposely getting him and Magic DQ'd was hilarious.

Both Blocks were fun as heck and Volador/Esfinge vs. Rey Escorpión/Fujin should be a very good match Tuesday.

-

They announced the annual Incredible Pairs tournament, similar to Gran Alternativa except instead of rookies & veterans teaming it's rivals teaming together. This will advance feuds and someone's probably turning from técnico to rudo or vice versa. The Finals will be on CMLL's next big show, the Arena México 60th Anniversary Show on the 29th. Here are the Blocks for that.

Block A (April 15th):
    Místico & Mephisto
    Ángel de Oro & Pólvora
    Ephesto & Blue Panther
    Volador Jr. & Negro Casas
    Euforia & Dragon Rojo Jr.
    Súper Crazy & Felino
    Rush & Marco Corleone
    Máscara Dorada & Bobby Z

Block B (April 22nd):
    The Panther & Tiger
    Terrible & Máximo
    Titan & Vangelis
    Carístico & Cibernético
    La Máscara & Dragón Lee
    Brazo de Plata & Kráneo
    Atlantis & Gran Guerrero
    Thunder & Último Guerrero

...Thunder's back, people. Things are getting crazy. My picks are La Máscara/Dragon Lee vs. Volador & Casas with Lee teasing joining the Ingobernables.

-

Finally, check out one of Lucha's best matches of the year as Cavernario took on Máscara Dorada Monday in an excellent Title match from Puebla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH0SEEnCcl8
    Last edited by Zero; 04-02-2016 at 12:26 AM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

So Elite's first big show was pretty great. Lashley v Rush & especially Dorada/Xtreme Tiger are worth it for sure. The official version has those two matches, the main event trios and a bunch of Red Carpet stuff and interviews. I would recommend watching just for the opening. Heck, here's a GIF of my favorite part since the opening song was copyrighted anyway:

I love the variety of guys in this League especially in this episode as Rush/Lashley & Tiger/Dorada were both so different, but good at their style. I thought it was good at getting Lashley over in his first appearance too with the celebration. Really should check it out.

Dorada/Tiger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnPIo19VVAw

Rush/Lashley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50C1LcuD5o

-

LLE Standings:
    Spoiler:

1. Bobby Lashley - 3 (1-0)
    1. Máscara Dorada - 3 (1-0)
    3. Atlantis - 0 (0-0)
    3. Carístico - 0 (0-0)
    3. Cibernetico - 0 (0-0)
    3. Místico - 0 (0-0)
    3. La Máscara - 0 (0-0)
    3. Ultimo Guerrero - 0 (0-0)
    3. Volador Jr. - 0 (0-0)
    3. ??? (Formerly Juventud but he got in trouble in Europe so he's out)
    11. Xtreme Tiger - 0 (0-1)
    11. Rush - 0 (0-1)

-

Next week's Elite matches features La Máscara vs. Atlantis & Volador Jr. vs. Carístico. That Volador/Carístico will be especially interesting as they're in the middle of a potential Apuestas rivalry. All Elite matches are 1 fall.

La Máscara's busy this week as on CMLL proper Máscara he receives a CMLL Light Heavyweight Title Shot vs. Angel de Oro after beating Oro in a Lightning match. Last time Oro got a spotlight singles match it was one of the best matches of 2015 so with time this could be excellent and I personally have high expectations as I'm a big fan of Oro. Also on that show Rush vs. Marco Corleone in the main event as they kick off (or end?) a direct program. It could be great too but I expect shenanigans from Rush's dad.

Friday and Saturday are gonna be awesome.
    C'est Magnifique~

Curtain Jerker

Status

Seems like it's not a bad time to be a lucha fan.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I spent an hour or so last night casting my eye over the recent stuff Dylan's been pimping out, Dorada is standing out already from the little I've seen as this year's most underrated wrestler, you just don't hear enough about this guy now he's free from the clutches of Gedo and being allowed to have good matches again. I will never not mark for that running into the ring leaping rana. Dorada/Cavernario very good.

I do like these Elite matches, in and out in about 10 minutes, 1 fall to a finish, think I'll be checking back for these. Preferred Dorada/Tiger to Lashley/Rush, but both were good. Gotta love Bobby's bright red headband. Xtreme Tiger's music cracked me up last night for some reason

I hear there was a killer 6 man last night.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
    Dorada's probably been put in position to have more great singles matches than anyone in CMLL in 2016. You can tell that he's valued in CMLL despite some times that the fans haven't warmed up to him as much as other fan favorites since like they did before he left. I think that Cavernario match really helped his cause, and I liked that Cavernario match a lot.

The Friday show was a really good show up and down. There were two trios that were really good, the women's trios was better than expected, and although Oro/Máscara was disappointing it was still good. I personally don't see as much in Máscara as Oro but he is more over teaming with Rush. I hope Oro doesn't get left out, he was a good champion. Dragon Lee/Rush staredown. <3

Elite has a great production format, and I kinda think this is their attempt at reaching out to outside fans. Volador/Carístico might have been my favorite of the 4. La Máscara/Atlantis did little to impress but it was only 6 minutes.

La Máscara vs Atlantis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUPoM2EC6AI

Carístico vs Volador: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIbPbwHgV84

-

Here's a funny story, the 12th man has been revealed! And it was a doozy, as the former Chairman of WCW, LA Park made his return after blowing his payday to tell the crowd to "go fuck their mothers" on live TV and is generally crazy. He cut a promo saying "I had nothing to do, bought a ticket, and then I saw this Cibernetico match and got bored so I had to do something." He said once he takes Rush's hair and Dr. Wagner Jr.'s mask he can retire happy.

So what's so awesome about this is...LA Park was advertised for a week for the AAA show two days later! Nobody knew this was coming, Park's friend Wagner's probably jumping too. Park AGAIN screws over a company, this time AAA again. I can't believe they'd trust him to do 33 weeks with screwing them over too but we'll see.

Liga Elite Standings:
    Spoiler:

1. Atlantis 1-0 (3)
    1. Bobby Lashley 1-0 (3)
    1. Carístico 1-0 (3)
    1. Máscara Dorada 1-0 (3)
    5. Cibernetico 0-0 (0)
    5. LA Park 0-0 (0)
    5. Místico 0-0 (0)
    5. Ultimo Guerrero 0-0 (0)
    9. La Máscara 0-1 (0)
    9. Rush 0-1 (0)
    9. Volador Jr. 0-1 (0)
    9. Xtreme Tiger 0-1 (0)

Next week's Elite matches are interesting, one because Xtreme Tiger and his George Lopez music are back again! The other because any Cibernetico match has a shot to be the worst of the tournament, but Park being back means it will be an awesome spectacle because he's super over.

Elite Week 3:
    Xtreme Tiger (0-1) vs. Ultimo Guerrero (0-0)
    LA Park (0-0) vs. Cibernetico (0-0)
    Last edited by Zero; 04-10-2016 at 03:09 AM.
    C'est Magnifique~

Thread Information