Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

  1. #81
    Kingdom
    The Viper's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    8,791
    Rep Power
    2512
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRider View Post
    So Reigns wins at Fastlane....we get Ambrose/Bork at Mania?
    Based on that opening segment, an Ambrose/Brock match at Mania would be much dope.

    I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS

  2. #82
    Jerker Curtain
    Mr Blonde's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Straya Mate
    Posts
    1,251
    Rep Power
    3592
      Country                    Australia

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    I muted the New Day for their whole promo going down the ring for their match while I was doing something else, 5 minutes later and they're still talking, lol. I like them but at the same time, it's not hard for me to get bored of them, I prefer them during the match then anything they do pre-match usually.

  3. #83
    On Vacation
    Crocker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    48,774
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by RuffRider View Post
    So Reigns wins at Fastlane....we get Ambrose/Bork at Mania?
    Nope, Brocks facing Wyatt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #84
    BRAAAAAAUN!
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,082
    Rep Power
    35618

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Sooooo...does it make any sense why Brock wouldn't go after the Wyatts. Stevie Wonder can see they're building to Brock v Bray at Mania, the Wyatts cost him the Rumble and now we're meant to be shocked and surprised when the Wyatts obviously jump Brock at Fastlane.

    I foolishly hoped that with all the injuries WWE would start pushing Rusev, may as well release the guy. He's too talented to do nothing but lose and get speared by Reigns.


    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  5. #85
    Mid-Card Champion
    The Magician's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    822
    Rep Power
    4173
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Weird show. They set up so much in the Rumble and now they're going to great lengths to ignore every story strand. It's just odd.

    Brock/Ambrose makes SO much sense at Mania but, as said above, it's gonna be Bray. I'm not sure why they don't just put Bray into the trip threat - you need a heel in there whatever happens and Bray makes sense if he and the Wyatts take Brock out early and leave it as a one-on-one between Ambrose and Reigns.

    If that happens, they can plant the seed for an Ambrose heel turn, too. It makes too much sense for it to happen though.

    WWE's booking is terrible right now.

  6. #86
    BRAAAAAAUN!
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,082
    Rep Power
    35618

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    That Becky Sasha match though...pinnacle of shit booking. Sasha just laid out Becky a week ago, now they have a match and Sasha gets in turn jumped by her ex stablemates...and Becky makes the safe. I know pro wrestling has zero logic, and zero reasoning to it...but could they at least try and apply logic, why would Becky care? And why book Team Bad like that, Naomi/Tamina look even worse off due to that segment. It did nothing for no one.


    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  7. #87
    The Osiris

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Communist Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    26518

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Not a fan of how they're booking Styles.
    Honest question here. But what do people expect? He's 39. He was given a straight shot to the main show without the NXT transition to learn the WWE style. And in all fairness, being a "HUGE" draw in Japan doesn't mean much here as the Jap audience here is very small to say the least.

    I just want to know what people logically expect of him? I see this as a swan song for AJ. Apparently dude has saved the money he made and it looks like he's in the E for the cash and to scratch it off his Wrestler's bucket list. I just don't see him getting past mid-card and I don't think it's fair for anyone to trash WWE for not pushing a 39 year old who hasn't been in the company, ever. But to be fair to the E, they have shown him nothing but professional courtesy and respect. They've been putting him over, acknowledging his past and letting him keep his name. They recognize he does have name value to a contingency of their audience and that is very cool of them to do and I think AJ appreciates it.

    I don't think it's fair to think he gets a top-tier program as a first-time talent who is on the tail end of his career. Not fair to AJ, not fair to the shit the E will get from his fans and not fair to the younger talent that got on board at the right times in their careers. He's behind guys like Joe, Cesaro, Zayn, Balor, etc. waiting for their turn too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.



  8. #88
    Architect of BTB Shield
    Kilik's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    16884

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Malenko View Post
    Honest question here. But what do people expect? He's 39. He was given a straight shot to the main show without the NXT transition to learn the WWE style. And in all fairness, being a "HUGE" draw in Japan doesn't mean much here as the Jap audience here is very small to say the least.

    I just want to know what people logically expect of him? I see this as a swan song for AJ. Apparently dude has saved the money he made and it looks like he's in the E for the cash and to scratch it off his Wrestler's bucket list. I just don't see him getting past mid-card and I don't think it's fair for anyone to trash WWE for not pushing a 39 year old who hasn't been in the company, ever. But to be fair to the E, they have shown him nothing but professional courtesy and respect. They've been putting him over, acknowledging his past and letting him keep his name. They recognize he does have name value to a contingency of their audience and that is very cool of them to do and I think AJ appreciates it.

    I don't think it's fair to think he gets a top-tier program as a first-time talent who is on the tail end of his career. Not fair to AJ, not fair to the shit the E will get from his fans and not fair to the younger talent that got on board at the right times in their careers. He's behind guys like Joe, Cesaro, Zayn, Balor, etc. waiting for their turn too.
    He's been a huge draw in every American company he's been in (save WCW) and the top Champion in every promotion he's been in. So it's not just Japan. That's just the only place WWE is going to mention out loud.

    As far as what I expect of him, I do actually expect him to break out of the mid card quite easily after being there for a bit. His age shouldn't really mean a whole lot as far as his opportunities at the World title. Cena's about the same age as AJ and the current World Champion is older than him. I'm not expecting him to have like a year run with the Championship, but I'd at least expect him to hold the World Championship for a good three months. He's got the talent to do so and he's also got the name value.

    I kind of understand your concern about him jumping to the head of the line as far as title shots go, but some of those names that you say he should be behind I don't understand. Cesaro is injured, not to mention Vince's apparent dislike of him to begin with. Zayn is just coming back from injury and finishing with his last bit of business in NXT before he (presumably) gets moved up to the main roster. Balor is the current NXT Champion and also on NXT, so he doesn't have any business with the main roster or their titles yet. And in all honesty, Joe is in pretty much the same boat as Styles. He just got here a year before Styles did and he's still in NXT. So why would Styles be behind Joe in line? Why would Styles be behind most of them if they aren't even on the same roster yet?

  9. #89
    The Osiris

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Communist Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    26518

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    He's been a huge draw in every American company he's been in (save WCW) and the top Champion in every promotion he's been in. So it's not just Japan. That's just the only place WWE is going to mention out loud.
    Big draws for small companies. Sorry brody, but "drawing" in TNA is not a "huge draw". No one has drawn in TNA, plain and simple. And US indies? That's exaggeration Killik. He was a top indy draw, just like everyone else that is in NXT. His best run, that can be directly linked to his drawing ability is in Japan. Other than that, he was a big fish in small puddles, bro.

    Why does he have to stand in line behind guys like Joe and Cesaro, etc?

    Because his name recognition is basically the same as Joe, who was a "big draw" everywhere he went, which was basically the same places AJ went, except he did a lot more for RoH than AJ did and he was as over in TNA at any point that AJ was. Again, the only thing that separates AJ from Joe is that AJ had a great run in the biggest company in Japan.

    And you really, really can't compare AJ to Cena. That's lolzy to me. Cena is one of the ten biggest draws ever. Dude is a draw. We can't even substantiate AJ as a draw anywhere aside from Japan. Cena headlines shows with 10k+ crowds every day for the last 12 years. AJ has headlined a handfull of shows with 10k+ audiences. Even on age, Cena is simply the Franchise and AJ is a guy who is the new face and given a lot of respect from this company ala Fit Finlay.

    I could see him in some top programs as a guy in a multi-man program, but he probably will never sniff a world title reign. He's 39, has support from a minority contingency of their audience and is being handled well for a new guy. I think he's being handled fairly right now.

    I don't see this as a new start to his career, I see this as him rewarding himself for a long career of globe trotting and now he is entering the only promotion on the planet that can pay him the money that everyone longs for in this lousy industry and he is moving to the final chapter of his career. He deserves a run in the E, but at 39, with limited time to package him as a top guy over guys like Owens and the lot only makes sense to those who want to see him, but getting to the top of the undisputed top company in the world entails a lot more than being a "bigg draw" on the indy scene and a 1 year run in Japan. He has name recognition, but let us not overstate the reality of that name recognition. NXT has a whole roster full of younger talent with as much name recognition to that same fanbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.



  10. #90
    [Blank Space]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The Edge Of The Ideal Demographic
    Posts
    6,214
    Rep Power
    97493

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Look at it like this.

    WWE are short on main event talent due to injuries.

    WWE are paying a lot of money to this guy to skip NXT (unlike others) and start straight away on the main roster because of his international name.

    I think an expectation for him to get a decent push is realistic.



  11. #91
    Architect of BTB Shield
    Kilik's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    16884

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    First off, the only aspect I was comparing Styles to Cena in was age, nothing further. My point regarding that is his age shouldn't be a factor for getting a shot at the World Championship because there are people much older than Styles either getting title shots or holding the title itself. So saying that he shouldn't get a shot because of his age should eliminate those around the same age and up, should it not?

    Secondly, the guys you were saying he should have to "stand in line behind" are not on the main roster with him. The only one that you mentioned that is "currently" on the main roster is out with an injury. So what are they supposed to do with Styles? Wait until they call up Joe, Balor and Zayn, put them in programs for shots, wait for Cesaro to get healthy, give him a push that Vince will more than likely try to take away from him or curb, THEN give Styles a shot because he has to "wait his turn?" Is there anyone on the main roster that's not in the title picture that you believe should be given that spot "ahead" of Styles that's not currently injured? Could you do me a favor and name like 5 people that deserve to be in this imaginary line "ahead" of Styles and why?

  12. #92
    The Osiris

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Communist Russia
    Posts
    1,870
    Rep Power
    26518

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    1. Who is MUCH older than Styles and getting title shots? If they are MUCH older, chances are they've been with the company for YEARS and are MUCH bigger names than Styles to the E's core audience.

    2. I'm not saying he needs to stand in line "just because", I'm saying it because most of these guys are there first, know the style of work and have done basically everything AJ Styles has accomplished outside of the E, they are just more over with the E audience since they've been there longer. But if you want a list and reasoning:

    Finn Balor...really doesn't need explaining. Dude has something they flat out don't have with any of the NXT talent...uniqueness and mystique. Dude is multi-dimensional with the character too.

    Sami Zayn...his issues with Owens, probably the most successful of the NXT guys, should elevate him to that mid-card tier fast. I'd say his pop/crowd reaction was equal as AJs at the Rumble.

    Owens...doesn't need explaining either. Dude is easily the best, well-booked NXT talent they've brought up. Can talk better than AJ, is unique looking and people take him as a BMF.

    Joe...would probably already be on the main roster, like he was, and was put over the way AJ was...I think he got stuck in NXT as payment for injuring Kidd. The E still punishes people for injuring others. Joe is old too...

    That's four, who easily deserve a spot before AJ for tenure, being as big a "draw" as AJ was outside of the E, are more familiar with the E system and with the core WWE audience.

    And that's before guys they fucked up like Ambrose, Rusev, Ryback, et. al plus you have Cena, Orton, Bryan and Rollins on the shelf. Where is there any room for AJ?

    I do understand the excitement, but at the end of the day, AJ is a journeyman wrestler for all intents and purposes, he is on the downside of his career and he really isn't much, if any bigger a name than any guy on the NXT roster was. That's the objectivity of it and even at his best, his promo skills weren't the stuff of legends.

    He just doesn't have what Punk or Bryan had to get to that level that people want to see him at. He just doesn't and at 39, there just isn't enough time to make it happen for him.

    I bet my account here that he doesn't get a direct one on one WHC program, ever. He's a good hand, using him in mid-card feuds to get over the younger NXT guys will probably be where he is used a majority of his time with the E.

    I'm not trying to be a dick or downplay him, but what do people realistically expect from a first-time talent that is near 40? The fact they gave him so much in the way of keeping the name and selling him on the mic and online, but he isn't even on the level of Mistico when they brought him in, whom they did have big plans for.

    It's a cash relationship for both parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.



  13. #93
    Architect of BTB Shield
    Kilik's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    16884

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    1. Maybe we're having a bit of a miscommunication about the age subject. To me, it seemed like you were saying that because of his age he shouldn't be pushed. That's why I countered with age shouldn't matter. If a 66 year old can get a shot at the WWE Championship, then it really shouldn't matter what age the person is. Age shouldn't really be a factor in someone's push. Also, Styles is only 38.

    2. I did ask for people from the main roster, not people who should be there. So I will agree as far as Owens getting the shot he deserves. The only reason I'm excluding the NXT talent is because of the key difference between Styles and them: Styles is already on the main roster. If the E decided that they wanted to put someone on a rocket ship towards the Intercontinental Championship starting tomorrow, they can't do that with the other three you mentioned because they'd have to call them up first. Styles is already there.

    Ambrose is not only the current Intercontinental Champion, but he's in the main event picture right now. So he's really ahead of Styles by leaps and bounds right now. Not sure why you'd even bring him up.

    Ryback. The Big Guy. The guy who's had push after push and seems to flounder after each one. You want them to strap the proverbial rocket on him again?

    Rusev. The E really did mess up everything about him. But to be honest, they'd have a harder time selling me that the currently booked Rusev gets a shot over Styles. I mean, Rusev is in The League of Un-Extraordinary Midcarders...I mean, The Legue Of Nations right now. That whole group is kind of in limbo right now. So for him to bust out of that pack this second seems highly unlikely.

    Once again, he shouldn't have to wait for people who are currently on the shelf and won't be back for months before he gets a shot at anything. By the time they come back from injury, Styles could have had the title for weeks or months. And that could lead to several big match ups, like Cesaro vs Styles, Cena vs Styles, Orton vs Styles. So the whole waiting behind the injured reserved list doesn't really make any sense.

    And how do you know that Styles doesn't have what Punk or Bryan did to get to their level? If I recall correctly, Punk and Bryan were in the E for years before they started getting a huge following. Styles has only been there for about a week. Judging his connection with the audience after one single week isn't really a good sample to go off of.

    Isn't your account already on the line for something else? If so, you should really wait until you finish that bet before adding on more stipulations don't you think?

  14. #94
    Heel Champion
    Powerful Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,207
    Rep Power
    39235

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    You dont think AJ will get a legit title program? Of course he will.

    I can easily see him getting the MITB this year as a matter of fact.

  15. #95
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    42,203
    Rep Power
    278903
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    That Becky Sasha match though...pinnacle of shit booking. Sasha just laid out Becky a week ago, now they have a match and Sasha gets in turn jumped by her ex stablemates...and Becky makes the safe. I know pro wrestling has zero logic, and zero reasoning to it...but could they at least try and apply logic, why would Becky care? And why book Team Bad like that, Naomi/Tamina look even worse off due to that segment. It did nothing for no one.
    I actually didn't have a problem with how that segment was booked. Yeah, Becky Lynch shouldn't have a reason to care but at hooray for acting like what I would think a babyface would act like for once in this company. Sasha had to turn face sooner or later with Charlotte on the horizon, and Becky doing what I would expect any true face would do in wrestling and help someone that's been wronged or endangered helps out Sasha in the process. Already over and beloved Becky helps Sasha get that affection.

    Awesome acting from Becky for that, btw. She's had a great 2016 so far.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  16. #96
    Shit Into The Fire

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    28,052
    Rep Power
    338743
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    It's horses for courses, AJ Styles has jumped the queue because WWE need him now to boost their main event/upper midcard roster and add some excitement on the road to Wrestlemania, and if you call up the top NXT talent to fill that gap you wreck Triple H's plans for NXT's big show. I doubt any of the wrestlers in NXT who came up through the indys have a problem with AJ going straight to the main roster because he's earned his dues and they'd be happy for him. I could not give one single fuck if AJ never has a world title shot, that's not the be all and end all of having a successful run with the company. Kevin Owens hasn't had a one on one shot at the belt yet and he was the most entertainment part of WWE's 2015.

    I can't believe they've moved on from Sasha/Charlotte (postponed more likely) all because Nikki got neck surgery so The Bellas have been getting press recently. Brie's been used as an enhancement talent these last few months and now she'll be bumped up to a divas title match because of her sister. Sasha Vs Charlotte was the way to go at Fastlane.

  17. #97
    On Vacation
    Crocker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    48,774
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    I'd rather Sashas big moment happen at Wrestlemania, and not be in a multi diva match.

  18. #98
    Shit Into The Fire

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    28,052
    Rep Power
    338743
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    I'd rather Sashas big moment happen at Wrestlemania, and not be in a multi diva match.
    As would I, but I can't see them not including Becky at mania. In fact I'd rather see Becky's big moment happen at mania as she's been the pick of the divas so far this year.

  19. #99
    BRAAAAAAUN!
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    6,082
    Rep Power
    35618

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Yeah I think its a bit silly to expect a mega push for AJ. Hes going on 40, he still cant cut a promo. WWE have all these younger guys they can get more out of long term...though 95% of them are jobbed out.


    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  20. #100
    On Vacation
    Crocker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    48,774
    Rep Power
    0
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - February 1st, 2016

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    As would I, but I can't see them not including Becky at mania. In fact I'd rather see Becky's big moment happen at mania as she's been the pick of the divas so far this year.
    I'm convinced it will be Sasha, especially now shes turned face, Mike Johnson is saying that the triple threat is in place now(but obviously that could easily change)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •