Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official British Wrestling Discussion Thread

SAY MY NAME

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The British Wrestling Thread

That's a pretty unique idea for a title

Rev-Pro have just announced they've got some UK Qualifiers as well for the Cruiserweight Tournament.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Whilst my interest in TNA is non-existent, I'm happy Galloway won the title and he's bringing it with him to ICW shows. Just adds to the heat he and Black Label get every show.

Galloway vs. Damo set for Barramania on Sunday for the ICW World Title, hoping Drew does it again and takes the belt again.

SAY MY NAME

Status

Yeah Damo's win seems like it was a 'just cause we're touring Ireland' sort of thing. I enjoyed his title win over Renfrew though. What's the whole fuck TNA thing and how did it get started? Did it start with Grado going over there, bad blood from the British Bootcamp series?

Nikki's been losing her indy belts recently, and I'm assuming this could be one of her last matches before leaving for NXT.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That's a pretty unique idea for a title

Rev-Pro have just announced they've got some UK Qualifiers as well for the Cruiserweight Tournament.
    That's curious, since Rev. Pro are one of New Japan's international partners. Is that still a thing, or are Rev Pro somehow getting away with working with both of the biggest companies in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Whilst my interest in TNA is non-existent, I'm happy Galloway won the title and he's bringing it with him to ICW shows. Just adds to the heat he and Black Label get every show.

Galloway vs. Damo set for Barramania on Sunday for the ICW World Title, hoping Drew does it again and takes the belt again.
    Drew winning the belt back makes the most sense to me. Sucks that Damo gets a short reign, but the whole ICW vs. Black Label angle sorta needs the title to be on the heels for ICW to chase.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yeah Damo's win seems like it was a 'just cause we're touring Ireland' sort of thing. I enjoyed his title win over Renfrew though. What's the whole fuck TNA thing and how did it get started? Did it start with Grado going over there, bad blood from the British Bootcamp series?

Nikki's been losing her indy belts recently, and I'm assuming this could be one of her last matches before leaving for NXT.
    To be honest, I don't even know why it started or what triggered it to start. I think it boiled down to the fact those who went over to TNA were seen to be 'abandoning' ICW and choosing a worse company over it. Regardless, it's got some folk some great heat, it's benefitted Galloway to fuel his heel character and it helped the Renfrew/Grado feud feel that more legit.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

Kris Travis passed away this morning after his long battle with cancer. RIP.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

SAY MY NAME

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    That's curious, since Rev. Pro are one of New Japan's international partners. Is that still a thing, or are Rev Pro somehow getting away with working with both of the biggest companies in the world?
    Well it's certainly still a thing because in August they've got Shibata, Ishii and more to come for their Summer Sizzler tour and they really high on Ospreay putting him straight into title matches. Maybe it's a story to keep an eye on, I don't think they burn any bridges with New Japan by working a one off show in partnership with NXT.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave
    Kris Travis passed away this morning after his long battle with cancer. RIP.
    Terrible news that has felt a long time coming. He battled bravely and even cameback from it initially to wrestle again, but retired soon after. I think if he remained healthy in these past few years, he'd be right up there with the Scurll's, Ospreay's and Sabre Jr's at the forefront of this British wrestling revival, he was talented and well liked enough to push on. It's scary when a young, healthy athlete at the top of his game loses out to cancer, what chance do the rest of us have?

Heel Champion

Status

Polo Promotions, Nikki Storm and referee Thomas Kairns all gone from ICW after last night's show. Gutted doesn't even cover it.

Heel Champion

Status

Just gonna leave this here.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

Re: Random Indy and Other Wrestling Talk

ya boy Postman is heading back out to some Indy shows soon.

going to CHIKARA's Newport show next month & Pro Wrestling Pride's Taunton show in June.

The CHIKARA card is being presented with Fight Club Pro & has promise, with Eddie Kingston vs. Pete Dunne & The Colony vs. Moustache Mountain being my main points of interest.

The Pride show doesn't have a card yet but has RVD, Mr. Anderson and a ladder match for their vacant tag titles confirmed so far, so should be a lot of fun.

EDIT: Could a kindly & handsome staff member move this to the British Wrestling thread please?
    Last edited by Postman Dave; 04-17-2016 at 04:31 PM.

SAY MY NAME

Status

Angle's wrestling at ICW's biggest ever show.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

guess that's one way of selling them SSE tickets. Big get for them, although no clue who they'd throw him in there with.

Ole!

Status

Went to a Hope Wrestling show today and saw Will Ospreay and it was an unbelievable match

RIP Bradley

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    guess that's one way of selling them SSE tickets. Big get for them, although no clue who they'd throw him in there with.
    Depends what they wanna go for. Knowing ICW, they'll play it smart and not throw him into the World title match so there is a decent list of guys he could have a great match with;

Joe Coffey
    BT Gunn
    Noam Dar
    Mikey Whiplash
    Wolfgang

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Hope it's Joe Hendry just because an Angle-centric song could be his crowning achievement.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Hendry's a mighty fine amateur wrestler so him & Angle could have a really good match too, I just don't see ICW taking advantage of that though which sucks.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    Went to a Hope Wrestling show today and saw Will Ospreay and it was an unbelievable match
    Which one was that? I'm a regular to the Mansfield area shows but don't go to the Derby ones.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

[Infinite Warfare]

Status

Went to one of the CHIKARA UK shows over the weekend. It's not being promoted on their website as part of their "season", so I guess it's more of a supershow with Attack! Pro, Fight Club Pro & Dragon Pro all helping to contribute. Makes sense as there was no CHIKARA vs. CHIKARA matches on the show. Anyway, as it seems to be tradition in this section, here's some feedback about the show:

As the photo posted the other day indicates, I met Drew Gulak (suspicious since he wasn't actually wrestling on the show ) before the show began. Really nice guy, complimented my Zack Sabre Jr. shirt too which was quite cool. Got a shirt off him & wished him the best with the Cruiserweight Classic.

Show itself began with a fatal four way for the Dragon Pro Title, with Big Grizzly defending against Panda Kid, Danny Jones & Matthew Horgan. Dragon Pro is the local promotion run by Mike Bird who also trains most of the guys to come out of the area. Anyway, my main interest was with Grizz & Jones as I'll be seeing them again in a few weeks. Decent enough match, everyone did their job well. Grizz retained with a Pop-Up Sitout Powerbomb.

Next was another four way match, pitting Frightmare, Chris Brooks, Travis Banks & Officer Warren Barksdale. Brooks got the win with a hand full of tights. Brooks has got a great look & could be a break out in the UK scene in the next year. Barksdale is a lot of fun live, great gimmick. Not sure on the guys experience level as the character is new to CHIKARA, but seems more than capable of holding his own.

Match 3 was our first tag match of the evening, as The Batiri took on the Facesmashers of Dan Moloney & Wild Boar. Boar ain't a pretty boy but it matches his style & gimmick well. Whereas Moloney has the fighting stance & look of an MMA guy, but then wrestles like a normal wrestler. Dude needs to get that sorted asap. Good match with the Batiri getting the win after working from under throughout. The Batiri kidnapped Moloney post match.

Last match before intermission was Eddie Kingston vs. Pete Dunne & boy was this a treat! Seeing Eddie wrestle in person was one of the main incentives for me attending & he did not disappoint. Very hard hitting, stiff match that saw Dunne knock Eddie a bit loopy early on with a vicious open hand slap. Heard Eddie talking to the ref after the match that he needed to go out of the ring a different route as he wouldn't be able to handle the stairs, showing that the slap was definitely legit. Which begs the question of whether the match featuring some amazing selling on his behalf or was partially legit. Either way, it just added to the match & was one of the best matches I've had the pleasure of seeing in person. Dunne won understandably.

Intermission, got a picture with Princess Kimberlee, met Frightmare & insisted to Officer Barksdale that I was old enough to be buying booze at the bar.

Time for another fatal four way, this time with Ophidian beating Mike Bird, Heidi Lovelace & "Bearback" Benny Figg (OG Chuck Taylor's latest name) with one of his convulted bridges on Lovelace. Chuck is always a highlight live, Ophidian is criminally underrated. Good fun.

Penultimate match was my other most anticipated match, as The Colony faced Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bates). I forgot to note early that Seven was working the doors when going in, that's always an odd sight. Seeing the Colony tag was a big deal for me as despite seeing four different ants wrestle at last years show, not a single Colony tag match actually took place. Now not only do I get my wish, but I get classic Colony to boot. The match itself though was a let down. The Colony was never able to kick it into a higher gear & Seven didn't seem particularly interested in wrestling a serious contest. Bates has potential though. Mountain won with the Assembly line (Piledriver into Brainbuster sequence).

Main event was Princess Kimberlee vs. Nixon Newell. Seen some live reports massively overrating this, but I will say it's the best women's match I've ever seen live. That bar was set pretty low though by an over long Mickie James/Michelle McCool match from 2009. But still, Newell is another great prospect who I can't wait to see more off on the UK scene. Announcer said this was a Grand Championship match, but I'll assume that was a mistake on his part as Newell wouldn't have the 3 points necessary for a title shot. Either way, Kimberlee picked up the win with an Alligator Clutch. I'd put it just behind Kingston/Dunne for MOTN honours.

All in all, not the CHIKARA experience from last year, but a good nights entertainment & a great chance to see some more of this burgeoning UK indy scene. Due to it's non-canon nature (I think The Batiri are heels in CHIKARA storylines atm), I wouldn't seek out the full show if released, but keep an eye out of Kingston/Dunne.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Kingston/Dunne was probably the only match on the card that I was interested in, so I'm glad to hear that it ended up worth the view. I'll try to check it out.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Ole!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by psweeting View Post
    Which one was that? I'm a regular to the Mansfield area shows but don't go to the Derby ones.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    It was in Milton Keynes

RIP Bradley

Thread Information