Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: The Official British Wrestling Discussion Thread

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The Official British Wrestling Discussion Thread

They've released the brackets too, Dunne. ZSJ and Keith Lee look locks for the semis. Last section looks tasty though.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

BBC One are showing a documentary called "Fight Like A Girl" about Viper/Piper Niven tomorrow at 19:30. Pretty damn good scheduling for it, plus it's only 30 minutes long so may be worth checking out.

THE MAN

Status

Walter Vs Will Ospreay happens for the first time ever today for Defiant Wrestling. Should be a great match.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Fight Club Pro also announced Tyler Bate vs Daisuke Sekimoto later this month.

I love wrestling.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Fight Club Pro also announced Tyler Bate vs Daisuke Sekimoto later this month.

I love wrestling.
    b i g s t r o n g b o i

VS

BIG STRONG BOI

Can't wait.

THE MAN

Status

OTT have confirmed the first 3 matches on their 4th anniversary show:

Walter Vs Will Ospreay for the OTT world title
    Timothy Thatcher Vs Minoru Suzuki
    Tomohiro Ishii Vs KUSHIDA~~~~~~~

Cannot believe Kushida is getting a shot at a New Japan heavyweight in OTT, they'd go crazy for that in Japan. Those are three crazy matches that sound must see.

Status

Rev Pro are running ZSJ vs. Pac in early January on a Cockpit show.

That has a chance of being quite good

Curtain Jerker

Status

Guess who's going?

I can't wait.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Anyone been to a Defiant show? They've got PAC's first match in Newcastle after leaving WWE, and I am really tempted to pick up some tickets.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

THE MAN

Status

Been pretty underwhelmed with PAC's return so far, but better promotions booking him with better wrestlers like ZSJ should improve things.

Status

Word going around that some of the NXT UK contracts will start to become WWE exclusive next year onwards. Anyone on them will be able to fulfill remaining dates this year, but they won't be allowed to wrestle any Rev Pro/New Japan/WoS etc. talent and there must be a paramedic present. The exclusivity will also stop them working PROGRESS, ICW and wXw too.

Say goodbye to seeing BSS at your local Indy then. The BritWres cull begins.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Word going around that some of the NXT UK contracts will start to become WWE exclusive next year onwards. Anyone on them will be able to fulfill remaining dates this year, but they won't be allowed to wrestle any Rev Pro/New Japan/WoS etc. talent and there must be a paramedic present. The exclusivity will also stop them working PROGRESS, ICW and wXw too.

Say goodbye to seeing BSS at your local Indy then. The BritWres cull begins.

It's been a crazy day. Lets try and digest this.

1. Goes without saying, but obviously it's a good insistence to have a paramedic at any wrestling show

2. Making the top stars of your NXT UK brand exclusive does make good business sense. Considering they couldn't get the show onto TV so it's a network exclusive, the only way for them to generate money for this brand now is the live events be it tapings, non-televised tours or the odd Takeover. If you can see Toni Storm, Mark Andrews, Jordan Devlin and Walter live for a fraction of the price of a NXT UK ticket every other weekend, then Triple H is gonna have a tougher sell on his hands making this brand the hot ticket every time they put shows on. However if you limit what shows your top stars work, interest in coming to the NXT UK shows on paper should increase.

3. For the 'not top stars', like for example a Xia Brookside, I think these restrictions are short sighted and are going to stunt growth and star power. Toni Storm (love her or hate her) is only the wrestler she is today because she traveled around the world to develop her skills and make her name. There's only so much you're going to learn being stuck on a NXT UK house show loop wrestling the same names over and over again.

4. The 'who you can wrestle' rule is more damning than the 'where you can wrestle rule' imo. Obviously it doesn't make any sense for WWE contracted talent to go to places like Rev-Pro, but the fact that Progress and wXw are now are so limited now in who they can bring into THEIR promotion because of NXT UK rules means all these promotions are gonna lose their identity and be booking the same cycle of people over and over again while not being able to bring in star attractions. And if you think that's bad now, wait until the Elite get started up and even more wrestlers are aligned with promotions that the NXT UK wrestlers aren't allowed to wrestle against.

5. This should cut down on the number of phoning in performances I see from British Strong Style when they are not working for WWE. Pete Dunne in particular has been underwhelming in Progress this year.

6. While it's uncomfortable that it's the big bad wolf of WWE that has forced all this change, the upside is that a lot of good people are getting some financial security out of all this. Sure the top tier talent could of been stars elsewhere like Zack and Will have done, but they are anomalies. The likes of Wolfgang and El Ligero have been at this gig for a long time and wouldn't get a look in at other promotions or become indy darlings. They now have a steady income and get to wrestle on the WWE network.

7. It's hard to take anyone's opinion seriously on this matter when it's just an anti-WWE rant. We're in an era now where viable alternatives to WWE exist and lots of people are getting signed up to different organisations and even potential new ones with whatever the Elite are cooking up. New Japan make power plays like this too pulling Zack Sabre Jr and Will Ospreay from the biggest English wrestling show in almost 30 years to work an unimportant New Japan tour, so they can be just as petty/working in their own interests as WWE are here. It's a business at the end of the day.

8. Remember where British wrestling was 5 years ago, they will survive this.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

WWE wishes they had a PR team as skilled as you at addressing situations like these, Ed.

Honestly you're basically right on most points, but you left out the main reason people know this is ultimately bad for the business as a whole. This is a predatory move in a predetermined plan going back years. Remember at the UK Classic when they showed the promoters in the front row? I knew then those guys were gonna get had. It's almost step by step the territories all over again and there WILL be negative consequences for these companies and the scene, and it's not stopping here either. But I can't feel sorry for them. They made their bed with this and they're gonna lie in it.

NJPW absolutely is predatory too, and they deserve more criticism for it, but that's not relevant to what WWE's doing. Harold's too incompetent anyway to even come close.

The big blows for a lot of people might be coming in January if the rumors are true.
    Ann Takamaki/Panther

A beautiful rose has thorns~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Regarding this topic, at least there's now a proper WWE UK brand up and running these days. Keep in mind this isn't the first restrictions that the WWE has placed on some of their Brit wrestlers (Which at the time I imagine were just BSS and maybe Wolfgang and Mark Andrews). Maybe this won't be beneficial for smaller British companies, but at least they're not being restricted because Pete Dunne works a random NXT event once every few months.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    WWE wishes they had a PR team as skilled as you at addressing situations like these, Ed.

Honestly you're basically right on most points, but you left out the main reason people know this is ultimately bad for the business as a whole. This is a predatory move in a predetermined plan going back years. Remember at the UK Classic when they showed the promoters in the front row? I knew then those guys were gonna get had. It's almost step by step the territories all over again and there WILL be negative consequences for these companies and the scene, and it's not stopping here either. But I can't feel sorry for them. They made their bed with this and they're gonna lie in it.

NJPW absolutely is predatory too, and they deserve more criticism for it, but that's not relevant to what WWE's doing. Harold's too incompetent anyway to even come close.

The big blows for a lot of people might be coming in January if the rumors are true.
    I am available to sit on any Q+A panels or press conferences that Triple H might need my services for at a small price

I guess my reaction to WWE being predators and planting their flag on the British scene is good for WWE, that's why they are the powerhouse they are and for selfish reasons it's a great move by them and the ones to blame are the promotions that sided with them and didn't learn from history. To the victor goes the spoils. They would be really bad business people to stand by and just let New Japan get a bigger slice of the UK scene pie than they do. As great as BritWres can be, there's some shite management going on. Progress and ICW can be as punk rock and hardcore as they want, but they sold out to WWE and now they aren't their own bosses anymore. Then on the other side of things you've got Rev Pro who are just as hard to support because they lay down for New Japan and have no identity themselves anymore; why buy their subscription service when NJWorld gets all their big matches on it? Don't get me started on how botched WoS has been.

I'm surprised it took this long for these rules to be put into place considering it was Jan 2017 when Mark Dallas and Jim Smallman were at WWE shows in suits. Then again look how long it's taken Gabe to get NXT wrestlers on Evolve VODs.

Personally today's news is going to push me to cancelling my Demand Progress sub and maybe my wXwNOW sub. They aren't the promotions anymore that I originally subscribed up for.

Status

I wanna give the points made here the attention they deserve, next time I'm on a computer I'll do so.

But shortened version, I appreciate the business sense 100%, no doubt. My main gripe is as one of those fans who does see the likes of Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate at the local Indy for £15 a pop, and worried that the homogenised style of WWE is gonna creep into literally every facet and corner of pro wrestling, because it's something that's been a big turn off for me the last few years.

THE MAN

Status

Impact Wrestling today pulled LAX from appearing at Evolve shows in December a day after Gabe announced they'd face NXT's Street Profits in a 6 man tag.

I could of put that in the Impact forum, but feels like it's another reminder that not only WWE play the restriction of where contracted talent can wrestle game. I can see this being the ongoing story of 2019.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Impact Wrestling today pulled LAX from appearing at Evolve shows in December a day after Gabe announced they'd face NXT's Street Profits in a 6 man tag.

I could of put that in the Impact forum, but feels like it's another reminder that not only WWE play the restriction of where contracted talent can wrestle game. I can see this being the ongoing story of 2019.
    That is pretty crazy to hear because LAX has worked many other Companies the past few months and they had no problem with it. We could be seeing as though we don't want our Tag Champs losing to a NXT talent. I guess they are laying down the wood with this if LAX can't do it, everyone else is for sure a no no now too.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    That is pretty crazy to hear because LAX has worked many other Companies the past few months and they had no problem with it. We could be seeing as though we don't want our Tag Champs losing to a NXT talent. I guess they are laying down the wood with this if LAX can't do it, everyone else is for sure a no no now too.
    Oddly enough they are still allowing Progress to use LAX, so who knows what rules Impact are putting on their talent.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Oddly enough they are still allowing Progress to use LAX, so who knows what rules Impact are putting on their talent.
    Well damn I would imagine that would be a no no too. I guess I'll be able to enjoy LAX showing off their skills with Progress when that happens.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information