Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Re: Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Millar View Post
    Season one; episode one; Thing's we become. before I start I just want to say how enjoyable it is to read this project as it is actually being written, instead of being like someone that watches breaking bad years after anyone else has and insists on live tweeting with no one else caring. the opening with Charles and Erik was perfect, and I really felt the character coming me off the page. a chess match acts as such important symbolism in regards to comparison the constant struggle that both men have between them during their entire lives. The flashback was really important and I guess a lot of comparisons can be made with the original X-Men film which I have no qualms with, at the same time I love the use of Zemo (as you know in my botched attempt at writing Marvel myself) as I always have felt that purple one has so much potential then he has even been actually given within the Marvel Universe. The Peter Park introduction was also just as nice to read, and I enjoy the "first person commentary" element that you have added into this project, it is characters like Spiderman/Deapool to name just a few that really benefit from these monologues turned into narration as they explain their story to almost a non-existent audience. The relationship with Harry and Peter is incredibly important and in the films and some of the comics series they never really valued the friendship that both men had, so I am hopeful that from what I HAVE READ from Gotham so far you will able to add the importance to their friendship. Peter got bitten by a Spider...didn't see that one coming (I always wonder if someone like Harry had got bitten instead, I know this comment is completely irrelevant but I just thought I would share it with you anyway). The introduction of Tony Stark was just perfect, right on the money! Of course though because Iron Man is a direct opposite to Batman in the Marvel versus. DC comparisons board, there will be comparisons between both men, and no doubt you might pick up on them yourself. The flashback with Tony is clever for a number of reasons; you introduce Talbot directly, you mention General Ross and you make a subtle mention about Hulk without even doing very much at all...a clever way at introduction major players. The attack on Stark is well written and I just felt like I was reading the genuine article, which you have a knack of doing.

Uncle Ben is one of those characters that is so important from beyond the grave in the same way Thomas and Martha Wayne are...i know I am bring up more comparisons but they do define the character. I always wonder in situations like as Peter why defending yourself in a confrontation is reason for you to get in trouble, you never see the attackers getting in trouble. But the victims are always made to pay the price, and as we all know some people are going to pay more of a price than others. The argument between Ben and Peter only ends one way, but every time it is describes it resonates the same feeling of you have to be careful what you say to people as you can never be sure if it is going to be your last conversation with them...(I'm sure Peter Park would love to do a Deadpool and ask the original writers to make a possible alternative beginning to his story.) Returning to the chess-game between Charles and Erik...its short but its just sweet and on the money $$$. Max/Erik meeting Shaw is a very important start to the journey, and the flashbacks that you are presenting are truly strengthening the first chapter of this already impressive series. Stark is getting out of the weapons game, we know how this is all going to go...Important Flashback, but then you trick the reader because it isn't one for Stark...sneaky. The death of Ben changes Peter forever, and making another comparison I always wonder that if Peter Park had been part of the DC Universe would he actually have been a villain instead of a hero...mhmm food for thought. A solid ending to the episode as we are left to mull over the question that many Spiderman fans have had over years, did he commit murder or was it just manslaughter?

Because I can't make direct comparisons to the complete Gotham City Stories Series I won't make a complete comment, however the transition from one to the other wasn't difficult at all. Once again you have proven yourself to be a truly accomplished writer, and I now I have two of your fantasy projects to enjoy in-between working on my own dedication to your inspiration. Keep this up!

Thank you for the feedback Millar bro. I'm glad you enjoyed the show and don't worry I felt the exact same with Breaking Bad LOL. The chess scene was for me a very complex one to write because what I love about the Charles/Erik dynamic is that whilst here they are enemies with conflicting beliefs. At the same time they are still friends deep down. There is still respect there between them which I will go into over the course of the season. The Zemo tease I feel made for a fun little easter egg going out of the episode and I will promise quite a few more of those in the future. I mean it'll be fun to see how many I can do LOL.

The parker commentary is something with a bit of a risk I'll be trying for this season. Now whether it will remain exclusive to Peter I'm not sure of yet but I'm really glad a lot of people are digging the almost Deadpool like vibes as he will be in my show at some point! Harry and Peter's dynamic I will continue to work on and it will be one of the key relationships in my BTB going forward. As for Stark that I can't lie has been the story I've been worried about as I'm sure some may have wondered can I make a rich billionaire who decides to become a hero different from my interpretation of Bruce Wayne.

The way I will do so is completely in the attitudes. With Bruce I had this dark, brooding, focused individual who don't get me wrong was still a good guy. But with Tony he's going to be a lot more upbeat. He'll be brash. He'll be obnoxious and he'll be a fun character I hope. Uncle Ben's death is a story which has been told hundreds of times that is why I personally made sure to get it done in the pilot episode so as not to drag it out further. The challenge with that of course was making people care about Ben enough in the short window to make his death standout. So I'm pleased that it did come off that well. Which also then obviously leads to the fight between Peter and the robber and his untimely death which I will use to build on a few things this season. Thank you once more for the feedback Millar dude. Much appreciated as always my good man.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveUsTy2J View Post
    I am really liking the tone of this so far. I think Peter Parker's is the story I will be most enthralled with, but can't wait to read them all.

Thanks for the kind words bro. This episode was definitely Peter's episode with his story obviously really coming out there with Ben dying. One of the things I'm aiming for over the next few episodes is to give sufficient build to the other stories to make them resonate more as well. So I'm pleased so far you've enjoyed what you've read and I hope you continue to enjoy Mavel!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    How long has this been in the making?

I know when you first mentioned this project I was skeptical about having so many worlds in one single series and how you'd be able to stuff it all in. I still am hesitant on that front but you've got a great talent for handling insane casts of characters so I try to keep that in mind.

This episode was in the truest sense a pilot. Nothing groundbreaking, you introduced all the main hitters appropriately (Parker/Ben were real good and Stark wasn't bad either) and gave each a fitting origin story.

This isn't a criticism but more a minor worry. I hope that you don't do too much replicating of scenes we've seen in the movies because a lot of them do mirror those and I also hope that you're willing to take more risk and make this series more of your own by diverting from what the comics or movies have done, this is your universe after all. This is the first episode so I'm not too worried about it now, not too easy to diverge from tried and true tested origin stories.

We got an impactful moment in all three of their stories and really you did well enough giving each their fair share of attention. You've got a knack for name-dropping and keeping characters in the rear view mirror that always give your worlds an expansive feel. Though where's my Silk namedrop?

I have no real criticism. Interesting decision to give Peter Parker the fourth wall breaking when the series really isn't solely about him, I'm not sure if I like it or not just because its not symmetric with all the other words and sort of feels like it clashes stylistically. Nevertheless, it'll make for an interesting bit if he meets a mind reader like Xavier and they wonder who the fuck he's talking to or if Deadpool interrupts his little end of scene thoughts.

Keep it going bruh!

Thanks for the review Jon geez. I can't lie I was really nervous to see how this was going to be received. I mean as you yourself know from how much I've asked you. I did have a few concerns going into this haha. The cast/balance is going to be a tough one but what I hope you will see over the next few episodes is that I've found a way to make a balance even if it means one story gets a little more prominent feature in one episode before in the next one another story might take the reigns just a little bit more. It is risky but I feel like it is the approach to take in order to make things resonate like.

The pilot was definitely a little movie orientated I know and I can totally see where you are coming from with the concern. What I'll say is for the pilot I did very much study the movies especially on the Stark/Spiderman side just so I could get the overall vibe right. As for me that was key. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying everything in the episode was to chuckle about but at the same time I don't want it all to be dark. However going forth from the next episode you will see me now pushing the story on in my own way on all three fronts with not only my own spin but some throwbacks to the comic.

I think I mentioned this to you previously but I've gone out of my way the last few weeks studying not just the characters but some of the key storylines of the past from the comics. Just so I can get a better feel for why this character does that and why they believe this and so forth. Now that I've got those ideas and the inspiration I'll be much more able to put my own spin on things going forward which I hope you will enjoy. And as for those little monologues I will be keeping them in for the moment but I'm also going to be very willing to play around with them in the future making them not just for Peter.

Once more Jon thank you for the feedback and I'm really pleased you enjoyed the show as a whole. Also a big thanks for all your help in the run up to this project with castings, stories and everything else!

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Several additions revealed for Iron Man Story

Naveed Andrews as Ho Yinsen
    With the news that Tony Stark's story in Iron Man will focus partly on his time as a captive of the Ten Rings. A key character in that story has been filled today with another Lost Alum taking the part. As it can be confirmed that Ho Yinsen will be appearing in the flashbacks. A former engineer Yinsen has been held captive by the terrorist organisation Ten Rings and is forced to do their bidding. This includes building a small electromagnet which would help keep the shrapnel from Tony Stark's heart. Playing Yinsen will be Naveen Andrews

Karl Yune as Wong Chu
    With Flashbacks showing Tony Stark's time in the Ten Rings and the leader of the group Temugin already revealed. It can now be announced that his second in command Wong Chu will also appear in the show. Wong Chu is a ruthless and cold mercenary who has no problems sending his men into villages killing all those who stand in their way. And he will play a key part in the flash backs of Tony Stark's story. Playing Wong Chu will be Arrow star Karl Yune.

Christopher Heyerdahl as Gregor Shapanka
    With the storyline in present day focusing on Tony Stark's return from being held captive by the Ten Rings. One of the key things the story will show is just how much things have differed on his return at Stark International. This includes the hiring of Hungarian Scientist Gregor Shapanka who is said to not only be obsessed with the use of cryonics for invincibility but also with creating weaponry. Which will bring him into quick conflict with Tony Stark who is now against the company designing weapons. Playing Shapanka will be Supernatural, Arrow and Gotham actor Christopher Heyerdahl.

Leslie Odom Jr as Jack Taggert

Lastly one other member of Stark Industries who will soon come into conflict with Tony Stark is that of Jack Taggert. Taggert is a test pilot who has long been working on some of Stark Industries more dangerous creations including some fire based weaponry. Like Shapanka Taggert will soon be caught in Tony's cross hairs when he makes it clear that he does not want Stark Industries to be making weapons anymore. Playing Tagger will be Person of Interest actor Leslie Odom Jr.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Tombstone, Hammerhead, The Enforcers, Silver Sable as well as Cindy Moon to appear in Spiderman Story!

With the pilot episode of Marvel done. Several more castings for the show have been revealed today. They are as followed...

Winston Duke as Lonnie Lincoln/Tombstone
    A longtime associate of Silvermane Manfredi and his lead enforcer Lonnie Lincoln is one of the most feared men in the city. However it did not start this way for Lonnie Lincoln Thompson as he had a rough up bringing in which many of his peers branded him a freak because of his albino look. But as time went on the mocking ceased as Lincoln quickly grew bigger and a lot stronger then those who mocked him and was not afraid to use this to intimidate or bully. Now Lincoln uses his freakish strength and intimidating presence as part of Silvermane's crew and is extremely loyal to the crime boss. Lincoln will be portrayed by Person of Interest actor Winston Duke.

Vinnie Jones as Hammerhead
    Another enforcer for Silvermane's crew is the man known as Hammerhead. Whilst not much is known of Hammerhead's backstory what is known is that he is a well connected member of Silvermane's crews with ties to the crime organisation the Maggia. But what truly makes Hammerhead a force to be reckoned with is not only his longing to be like a gangster from the 1920s but also the Adamantium laced plate inside his head which he has been known to use as a weapon. Playing Hammerhead will be none other than Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels star Vinnie Jones.

Emilia Clarke as Sable Manfredi
    Rounding out the Manfredi Crime family will be the daughter of Silvermane Manfredi Sable. Whilst at first it may appear that Sable is oblivious of her father's business. It quickly becomes apparent that Sable is more than aware of her father's operations but chooses to turn a blind eye. Despite not being fond of her father's work and not being believed to have any aspirations to take over the helm Sable shares a lot of her father's qualities and has developed a close bond with Lonnie Lincoln. Sable will be played by Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke.

Jonathan Tucker as Fancy Dan
    With a new criminal known only as The Big Man making waves in the underworld. It is no surprise that some of the mob bosses around are feeling panicked with his methods. This includes one Leland Owlsley who in panic has hired a group of thugs known as the Enforcers. The trio of criminals is led by Daniel Britto aka Fancy Dan who has earned his nickname based on his hand to hand combat skills as well as fancy footwork.

Geno Segers as Ox
    The second member of the group known as The Enforcers. Is very much the muscle of the team. Nicknamed the Ox for his brute strength as well as power Raymond Bloch is definitely not the brains of the operation. But with his power he doesn't have to be. Playing Ox will be Banshee star Geno Segers.

Neil Jackson as Montana
    With the speed and power of the enforcers already unveiled. Now it is time to meet the marksman of the group. Jackson Brice aka Montana is very much one of the fastest draws around which also makes him quite possibly the most dangerous member of the group. In a throwback to the wild west Brice is also armed with a lasso which he uses to great effect. Playing Brice will be Sleepy Hollow actor Neil Jackson.

Tommy Flannagan as Leland Owlsley
    It is no surprise that the next addition to the cast is Leland Owlsley. Described as the owl of wall street with his knowledge and wisdom with finances. Leland was at the top of the financial world until many of his crooked business deals were unveiled. Since then he has began to work as an accountant for crime lord Silvermane Manfredi assisting in helping launder his money among other illegal activities. Playing Leland will be Sons of Anarchy star Tommy Flannagan.

Katie Chang as Cindy Moon
    Lastly in an interesting addition to the cast it can be confirmed that Cindy Moon will appear in season 1. A girl in Peter's class who recently attended the same Oscorp trip as Peter. It is said writers are keeping mum as to how exactly Cindy will feature in the story going forth but that she is a important character in the universe. Playing Cindy will be a birder's guide to everything star Cindy Moon.

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

Haven't seen Chang in anything but pretty stoked that Cindy is such an early addition to the series. Do me proud.

Tapatalk That Talk
    20 Years of Hype | The Best Superhero Movie Tournament

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Beast, Emma Frost and Robert Kelly announced for X-Men story

Tyler Hoechlin as Hank McCoy/Beast
    Another addition to the X-Men team has been confirmed today and it is without a doubt of one of the more notable members of the team. As it is announced that Hank McCoy aka Beast will be appearing in the show. McCoy is one of Xavier's first students and like Storm is without a doubt one of the most loyal members of the team who is also quite possibly capable of matching the professor when it comes to intelligence. Unfortunately though during one of his experiments McCoy's mutation was affected now meaning when McCoy is angry he transforms into feline like Beast. Playing Beast will be Teen Wolf actor Tyler Hoechlin.

Katheryn Winnick as Emma Frost
    Set to play a key part in both the flash backs as well as the present day will be Emma Frost aka The White Queen. Whilst many details of how Frost will fit in the present have not yet been revealed. It is believed she will appear in the Magneto flashbacks as part of a small group of mutants led by Sebastian Shaw. It can be confirmed that playing Frost will be Vikings star Katheryn Winnick.

Leland Orser as Robert Kelly
    Another key name in the X Men storyline will be Senator Robert Kelly. Kelly is very much a speaker against mutants in his position and over the course of the seasons it will not only be shown why Kelly hates mutants but also how far he is willing to go against them. Playing Kelly will be character actor Leland Orser.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Marvel gets it's Howard Stark!

A key character in not only the Iron Man story but several other future stories has been revealed today as it can now be confirmed that Howard Stark will be appearing in Fox's Marvel show. Described as a brilliant scientist not to mention ruthless businessman Howard is of course the founder of Stark Industries. Unfortunately whilst Howard's genius has passed down to his son it is said their relationship was never a great one with Howard rarely expressing any affection for Tony. That of course was before his untimely death many years later due to a car accident. It is believed that Howard will appear in a couple of flash backs over the course of the next few seasons before becomming an integral character later on. Playing the role of Howard Stark will be Magnum P.I star Tom Selleck.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

FOX Broadcasting Presents

Change

The scene opens from where the last episode concluded. With Peter Parker trapped in the warehouse building as police begin to storm inside with their guns drawn. With Captain Stacy leading the charge up the flight of stairs the officers are stunned when they see no sign of anyone. With the helicopter light shining in on them an angered Stacy and the officers fail to see Peter above them in the rafters slowly making his exit from the other side of the building by way of a small broken window. With Parker having got away an angered George Stacy kicks over a chair in his frustration as he is joined by officers Walter Bolt, Carlie Cooper and Lynn Michaels.

Stacy: We had the only way into this building surrounded. How did he get away?

Bolt: I don't know Captain. We'll keep looking. He can't have got far.

Michaels: For what it's worth. The guy down below was Dennis Carradine.

Bolt shakes his head disapprovingly as Cooper looks confused.

Cooper: Who is Dennis Carradine?

Bolt: he's a scumbag. Just a real piece of work with a rap sheet as long as your arm.

Turning round to face his officers a disgusted Stacy shakes his head in disbelief.

Stacy: It doesn't matter who he is or what he has done. What matters is someone killed him and we need to find out who that person is. Because we cannot allow people to take the law into their own hands. Not in our city. We'll find this guy and we'll bring him in for what he has done. Make him see justice the right way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashback
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When I got hit with that blast. I thought I had died. Turns out with what was about to happen. Death would have been a good thing."

Slowly coming to following the military base explosion a groggy Tony Stark winces in pain as he tries to sit up. Looking down at his chest Tony is horrified to see inserted in his chest is a black circular piece of metal whilst hooked to the metal is a wire leading to a car battery. As he panics Tony looks round and sees he is inside a dark and dank bunker like room. Across the other side of the room with his back to Tony is a dark haired man wearing a dirty grey suit. The man is currently working with a blow torch on some metal when he hears a noise from behind him and turns to see Tony sitting up. Smiling as he walks over to Tony Stark the man extends his hand for a hand shake.

?: It's good to see you up and awake. I wondered if (points to the battery) it was charging correctly.

Stark doesn't shake the man's hand as he looks at him in confusion.

Stark: What's going on here? What happened to me?

?: Well you are quite the lucky man in some ways Mr.Stark. The blast sent shrapnel into your chest and it just missed your heart. This electromagnet which I've had to insert into your chest will keep it that way and keep you alive.

Stark: You saved me.

The man nods his head.

?: Unfortunately that may not be a good thing. Like me you are being held captive.

Stark: By who?

?: They call themselves Ten Rings. They are a terrorist organisation.

Stark nods his head as he sits up on the table. Slowly the man then unhooks the cable from Stark's chest just leaving the magnet in.

?: That should be charged up now.

Stark: Thank you... So what do I call you?

?: Yinsen. You can call me Yinsen.

As he smiles Tony holds his hand out for a hand shake.

Stark: I'm Tony.

Yinsen smiles and nods his head before shaking hands with Tony Stark.

Yinsen: It's nice to meet you Tony.

Unfortunately before either Yinsen or Tony can continue their conversation. The doors to the bunker open wide before several armed ten rings members walk into the room. All of the members stand across from one another in a line before walking into the room is one of the Ten Rings' highest ranking members Wong Chu. Chu is around his mid thirties and has long black hair as well as a black goatee.

Yinsen: This isn't good.

Stark: Who is that?

Yinsen: That is Wong Chu. Consider him the second in command to the Ten Rings leader.

As Chu stops in front of them he does not look impressed as he glares at Stark.

Chu: Stark. Get up!

Stark slowly stands up from the table as Chu looks over at Yinsen.

Chu: He's OK?

Yinsen anxiously nods his head as Chu then looks back at Stark.

Chu: Both of you follow me.

Stark: Where are we going?

Chu: Our leader would like a word with you.

Present Day

With the sun shining overhead Tony Stark puts on his sunglasses before he begins to walk outside the Stark Industries building. There a cavalcade of reporters are standing by looking for questions with him and ever the show man Tony blows kisses to some of the more attractive female journalists before climbing into the back of a black stretch limo. But as he shuts the door behind him Tony is surprised to see already in the limo is a cross looking James Rhodes. Smiling on seeing his friend Tony reaches to the right of the limo for the mini bar before he pulls out a silver cocktail shaker.

Stark: Rhodey.. What a surprise. Would you like a drink?

Rhodes shakes his head slowly as Tony sighs.

Rhodes: This isn't a courtesy call Tony. I need to know if the stories I am hearing are true.

Stark: If you are talking about me throwing parties every night since coming back. Yes they are true. I did mean to invite you but it slipped my mind... repeatedly.

Rhodes: Will you be serious? I'm talking about you wanting to stop Stark Industries from developing weaponry.

Stark: Oh that. Yeah that is true. Stark Industries will no longer be developing weapons.

Rhodes: But you are a weapons company. How on earth can you stop developing weapons?

Stark: You know I'd have thought with it being my company it'd be simple. We just stop.

Rhodes: Look Tony. I'm asking this seriously now. As your friend are you sure you are OK?

Stark: What do you mean?

Rhodes: Well there is no denying you've changed. The Tony Stark I used to know didn't give a damn about what his company made and didn't make.

Stark: The Tony Stark you used to know had his head buried in the sand. I don't want a body count to be my legacy.. Not anymore.

Rhodes: What happened to you over there?

Stark: I had my eyes opened. My eyes opened to the truth.

Flashback

"They say the worst thing you can do in life is meet your heroes. Turns out it can be even worse when the hero meets his fan and sees what effect he truly has on the world."

As they are slowly led out from the confining space that is their bunker and through the darkened caves of the ten rings hideout. Both Tony Stark and Ho Yinsen are quick to wince before looking away as they are hit with the sun for the first time since their capture. As both men look to regain their bearings the armed guards who follow them as well as Wong Chu take a step back as slowly approaching them is the leader of the Ten Rings Temugin. Dressed in an all black military garb Temugin is sporting a small amount of stubble as well as a shaved head. After glaring at Yinsen coldly Temugin looks over at Stark before he smiles creepily.

Temugin: Mr.Stark. It's good to see you are still alive. You had us quite worried.

Stark: That's rich. Considering it was you who nearly killed me.

As Yinsen looks on anxiously Temugin begins to chuckle.

Temugin: Ah that infamous Stark wit. I may have been the man behind the attack but it was you who very much played a part in it. More than you might think.

Stark: What's that supposed to mean?

Temugin: Why don't you look for yourself. It's all around us.

As Temguin steps to the side Tony's eyes soon grow wide as he sees exactly what Temugin means. As all round the outside of their base is an assortment of weapons bearing the Stark Industries moniker. Quickly on seeing this Tony's face goes from shock to horror as he looks back at Temugin.

Temugin: It's a shame about your injury. I'd have liked to have met you sooner. See I'm a big fan Tony. All your weapons and all your designs have been a great asset to us.

Stark: Well thanks for the endorsement. But that's not why I am here is it?

Before Temugin answers an angered Wong Chu hits Tony to the stomach with the butt of his gun. This causes Tony to wheeze in pain as he hunches over.

Wong Chu: You will show respect when Master Temugin speaks.

As Tony drops down onto a knee still winded from the blow a grinning Temugin crouches down beside him.

Temugin: You are a gifted businessman above all else Stark. So I want to make you a deal. Build weapons for me and my men and we'll let you go. We've even provided you an assistant here in Yisen.

Stark: And if I refuse?

Temugin: I wouldn't advise it. Because if you think what has happened so far is unpleasant. I assure you that is only the beginning. So do as I ask and you'll go free.

Stark: We both know that won't happen.

With a sinister smirk on his face as Tony stands up Temugin places his hand on the back of Tony's neck.

Temugin: That's a risk you'll have to take.

Present Day

With their latest game of chess completed and ending in a stalemate a visibly disappointed Erik Lehnsherr stands up from his seat before he begins to put his coat back on. Charles meanwhile has a smile on his face which clearly bothers Erik as he stares at him quizzically.

Erik: You didn't win. Why are you smiling?

Charles: Because Erik. For the first time in a long while we are both equals. Winning and losing did not matter.

Shaking his head in disgust Erik cannot help but sneer at Charles' response.

Erik: We could be equals once again in life Charles. Join me and fight for the right team.

Charles: I'm on the right side already Erik. You are the one who is misguided.

Erik: Then please enlighten me. Why do you still come here for these games?

Charles: The same reason you do. We are friends and that is why I won't give up on you Erik. I know there is a good man inside you and I know there is humanity deep down.

Sighing as he looks down at his watch Erik then looks back up at Charles contemptuously before turning away from the table.

Erik: You know Charles. Whilst I have come to cherish this time I've never been totally oblivious to the man sitting across from me or what his true intentions are.

Charles: Then why aren't you wearing your helmet?

Erik: The same reason you come to this meeting without any backup. I hope you'll see I'm right as you hope one day I'll see you are in fact right... Until next time Charles.

Flashback

Several months have now passed since Max Eisenhardt was recruited by Sebastian Shaw (aka Dr.Kruger). Now as he stands in the center of a burned out town Max looks almost unrecognizable with his hair slicked back and his face expressionless. On the floor around him are the charred remains of many of the village's inhabitants whilst several soldiers from one of the camps round up the remaining survivors and force them onto their knees. With their guns pointed at the survivors the soldiers mercilessly begin to shoot them down whilst Sebastian Shaw watches on proudly. Clapping his hands together with a broad smile on his face Shaw walks over to Max and pats him on the back.

Shaw: You've done well Max. I'm proud of how far you've come.

Max doesn't respond as he stares down at the ground.

Shaw: This was your old village am I correct? I know it feels horrible right now. But everything we're doing is for the best.

Max: But why are we doing this?

Shaw: Because we can. It's the law of the jungle in this world Max. The strong survive and people like us are strong. That's why we must eliminate any weaknesses in you now.

Max: Then why are you working with the Nazis? Why are they different from my people?

Shaw: Because they've made it so much easier for me to find people like you.

Max: So I'm not the first?

Shaw: No. But you are the first to raise a great point. These soldiers think they are superior because they have weapons... Show them how insignificant they are.

Max looks stunned but as Shaw nods his head Max raises his hand and using his abilities he is able to pull the guns away from the stunned soldiers. The eldest of the soliders steps forward and does not look happy as the guns hover in the air just in front of him and his men.

Soldier: Dr.Kruger... What is the purpose of this?

Shaw: I'm just doing what nature intended. The stronger predator cuts down his weaker foe... So Max if you wouldn't mind..

Max appears hesitant much to Shaw's annoyance. This allows one of the soldiers to reach for a grenade which he pulls the pin on and tosses towards Shaw and Max. But to the soldier as well as Max's surprise Shaw snatches the grenade and absorbs the blast. The three soldiers are dumbfounded as an angered Max then sends the guns towards them pressing them against all three soldier's heads. To Shaw's delight two of the guns go off killing two of the soldiers instantly but before the third can fire killing the soldier who tossed the grenade Shaw shakes his head and pats Max on the shoulder.

Shaw: This one is mine.

As the soldier looks on anxiously a smirking Shaw walks towards him. Standing a foot away from the soldier Shaw chuckles as he shakes his head.

Shaw: You look scared.

Soldier: I'm not scared of you Kruger. I always knew you was a freak. I just didn't know it was to this extent.

Shaw's smile fades as he glares at the soldier.

Shaw: Oh but you should be. See I've got the power to absorb energy. It's what keeps me young. But it also allows me to do this.

Shaw reaches out and puts his hand on the soldier's chest. A bright light begins to shine before slowly the energy from the earlier grenade explosion goes off right on the soldier's chest. This blows the soldier up sending several body parts flying as Shaw yawns calmly before he turns to Max.

Shaw: I said it to you before Max. They think we are freaks. When in reality we are better. They are merely pawns. Pawns we can use and manipulate for our own ends.

Max: And just what are our ends?

Shaw: I'll tell you that when you are ready.

Present Day

Returning home the morning after his confrontation with Dennis Carradine. Peter Parker is visibly upset as he still looks to be troubled with how it ended. But as he reaches the the porch he is surprised to see a black lincoln town car pulled up on the driveway. Opening the door to his home Peter walks in and he is even more surprised to hear voices coming from the living room. Walking into the living room Peter quickly draws an upset Aunt May's attention as she stands up from her chair and snatches him in a warm, relieved embrace.

May: Peter. I was so worried about you. Where have you been?

Peter: I needed some air. I wound up in the park where I happened to fall asleep sitting on one of the benches.

May: Are you sure you are alright?

Peter: I'm fine.

As May takes a step back Peter is then hugged by the equally concerned Harry Osborn.

Peter: What are you doing here Harry?

Harry: Your aunt called. We was concerned so we came here to keep her company in hopes you'd show up.

Peter: We?

Harry steps slowly to the side as standing up from the couch having drunk his cup of tea is a suited up Norman Osborn.

Harry: Peter. This is my father.

With a smile on his face Norman walks over to Peter with his hand held out for a hand shake. Peter quickly accepts the hand shake as Norman nods his head.

Norman: So you are Peter Parker. My son speaks very highly of you. I'm Norman Osborn.

Peter: I know who you are sir and I've always wanted to meet you. I'm a big fan of what you and your company has accomplished and is looking to accomplish in the future.

Norman nods his head proudly as he puts his hand on Peter's shoulder.

Norman: Now son this may sound weird coming from me considering we've just met. But I am sorry about what happened to your uncle. This world is a cruel place unfortunately where tragedies happen. I've learned that first hand with the loss of my wife. I'd like to say it gets easier without them overtime but honestly Peter all I can say is and forgive me if this is not my place to say is to just live your life. Because from what your dear Aunt here has told me your uncle wouldn't like you staying out all night, sleeping rough like you just confessed to. Now with that said there is something I can do though as Harry told me about you falling sick the last time you visited Oscorp is arrange for you to have a private tour. That is if you are still interested in taking a look round.

Peter looks across to May who smiles and nods her head before he looks back at Norman.

Peter: I'd love to.. Thank you Mr.Osborn.

Norman: Please call me Norman. It was a pleasure to have met you both.

Meanwhile inside the New York Police Department building a frustrated Captain George Stacy is filling out some paperwork when an anxious detective Oscar Clemons walks into the room. Stacy pushes his paperwork to the side as Clemons sits down across from him and places a file down onto the desk.

Stacy: What's this?

Clemons: You told us to keep you notified of anything weird going on in the city after last night. It just so happens two of our officers came across this last night.

Opening up the file Stacy sees several photos of bodies laid on the ground outside of a nightclub in the center of the city.

Stacy: What happened?

Clemons: There was a shooting outside of the Blood Rose Nightclub last night. At first we thought it was a random shooting. Then the bodies were identified.

Stacy: Who were they?

Clemons: All from Manfredi's crew. Including quite crucially Michael Marko.

Stacy gasps in shock before he shakes his head.

Stacy: Someone killed Man Mountain Marko?

Clemons: yes.

Stacy: Do you think it is connected to last night with Carradine? As we know he has connections to Silvermane as well.

Clemons: We can't be sure. But there are several other crimes Marko's shooting can be connected to. Based on one key piece of evidence left at the scene.

Stacy: A black rose.

Clemons nods his head sheepishly.

Stacy: The trademark of the so called Big Man of crime. Has Silvermane been informed yet?

Clemons: I believe so.

Stacy: Then we'd better find out who this big man is before we have a mob war on our hands.

Across the other side of New York an angered and upset Silvermane Manfredi hurls a glass across the living room of his spacious mansion like home. As the raging Manfredi kicks over a chair in the room his two associates Hammerhead and Tombstone standby. Both men remain stoic in their reactions as Manfredi turns to face them.

Manfredi: Marko has been apart of my organisation for years.

Hammerhead: We know boss.

Manfredi: Was it the Big Man?

Tombstone nods his head.

Tombstone: It was. I've spoken with our police contacts. They said another rose was left at the scene.

Silvermane: What is it with those roses? Is he trying to be funny or something.

Hammerhead: They say it's a calling card. It also shows that this Big Man has been around longer than any of us expected.

Silvermane: What do you mean?

Tombstone: The police have been going through their files. There was a couple of mob related hits back in the late eighties and early nineties were a rose was left at the scene. This includes the deaths of Roscoe Sweeney and his men.

Manfredi: I remember Sweeney. The man was a pest.

Hammerhead: True but what the officers said was whoever this big man was. They believe he was also responsible for the murder of a boxer in Hell's kitchen around the same time as well and Sweeney as we know was in the fight fixing game.

Manfredi: So maybe this Big Man started out as one of Sweeney's men.

Tombstone: The police have no records of Sweeney's henchman back then. But we was wondering if you maybe knew of someone we could ask for information.

Manfredi: And with that information we might find this big man once and for all. That's a great idea gentleman and if my memory serves me correct Sweeney was connected to Frederick Foswell back then.

Hammerhead: Where is Foswell now?

Manfredi: Ryker's Island... So it appears I'll be paying an old friend a visit.

Returning home to the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters building situated in Westchester County, New York. A disappointed Charles Xavier wheels his way through the front door before he begins to make his way towards his office. As he goes down the hallway past several rooms glimpses of several of his students can be briefly seen. This includes a young dark haired girl who looks to be able to travel through walls as well a young man able to transform himself completely into steel. As he reaches his office Xavier opens the door and is surprised to see his full team gathered in the room. The group comprised of Beast, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm all seem relieved to see the professor as he reaches his desk.

Charles: I got to say this is a surprise seeing all of you in here together.

Storm: We was concerned Professor.

Charles smiles as he shakes his head.

Charles: You don't need to be.

Cyclops: Your meetings with Magneto are putting you at risk. Especially with your willingness to go alone.

Charles: Erik doesn't mean me any ill will.

Wolverine: Far be it for me to agree with Scott. But there is going to come a time when that changes.

Charles: But until that time things will stay the same.

Beast: With all due respect Charles. I've never understood why you would even put yourself at such risk for a game of chess.

Charles: Because Hank it is so much more than a simple game of chess. Erik knows what I'm capable of yet he doesn't wear his helmet which shuts out my powers. Now whilst his time with Emma has made his mind hard to read I still get glimpses of his past.

All the group look surprised as Charles continues.

Charles: I hope from these visions we can finally learn just what Magneto is planning.

Jean: What have you seen so far?

Charles: More of his childhood. Long before I met him and it all has to do with a man known as Sebastian Shaw.

Flashback

Having been alongside Sebastian Shaw for several years now Max Eisenhardt finds himself in the Ukrainian town of Vinnytsia as he searches for his mentor. As he walks into an old pub he quickly heads through a crowd of people catching the eye of a pretty blonde haired girl who is a few years younger than him along the way. Disappearing behind the bar Max finds himself in a small room where Sebastian Shaw is currently plotting plans on a large map pinned up on the wall. On hearing Max walk into the room Shaw smiles before he turns and greets his pupil.

Shaw: Ah there you are my boy. I was worried something had happen to you.

Max: I got lost. It's hard to find your way in a foreign country when you've never been there before.. or anywhere else before for that matter.

Shaw: I'm sorry you had to travel alone. But I had urgent business to attend to. Did those documents I provide you with work.

Max slowly nods his head.

Max: They worked. My name now is Erik Lehnsherr.

Shaw: That's good. A new identity can be a good thing especially with what I have planned.

Max: Are you finally going to fill me in on these plans?

Shaw chuckles as he looks at Max before after a few moments slowly nodding his head.

Shaw: But of course. Because I trust you. I mean after all these years I can trust you right?

Max once again nods his head.

Shaw: I have to say Max.. Sorry Erik. It's been very impressive how far you have progressed. I mean your powers are truly impressive. The things you are capable of are truly extraordinary and I am so proud of how well you've done. Almost like a proud father.

Gritting his teeth as he looks at Shaw Max keeps his hands by his side while Sebastian then looks at the map. With Shaw's back to him Max starts to reach for a gun he has hidden under his belt.

Shaw: You see Max everything I've told you is the truth. We are the future of the human race. Unfortunately whilst we know that already the humans see us as a threat. In fact even right now there is a syndicate of humans. Some of the richest and most powerful men in society meeting with plans to eliminate us all. To use us for their programs.

Max: How do you know all this?

Shaw: Because I'm in the club. The group calls itself the hellfire club and I'm using my position to manipulate things in our favor. But of course with me behind the scenes I need someone I can trust on the front line to lead the others.

Max: For what?

Shaw: This is a war. They will cast the first stone and it will be down to us to end things once and for all with their extinction. The question is are you the one I can rely on?

As he removes his hand from his belt a cautious Max slowly nods his head.

Max: Yes.

Turning to face Max as he smirks creepily Shaw waves his hand for Max to come forward. But to Max's surprise it turns out it isn't him he was waving to but instead the blonde girl from earlier on. As she stands next to Shaw the girl stares at Max unimpressed.

Shaw: So what do you think Emma?

Emma: He's lying. In fact he came here to kill you.

As Shaw begins to show signs of anger the stunned Max takes a step backward as Emma stares at him.

Emma: He's still angry with what you did to his parents. He's weak.

Quickly Max draws the gun and fires it but Shaw like previously with the grenade is able to absorb the blast before firing back with a burst of energy which hits Max with force sending him flying back against the wall before hitting the floor with a thud. As Max begins to bleed out from his wound Shaw smirks at Emma before she walks out of a side door. With Emma gone Shaw walks over to Max and crouches down beside him.

Shaw: You disappoint me boy. Now I'm not a sadist normally I wouldn't leave someone in such a state. But with the hurt you've caused me here tonight I want you to suffer... Say hello to your parents for me when you see them.

Backing away from the bleeding Max Shaw then also makes his exit from the room as Max grimaces in pain.

Present Day

With Ain't no rest for the wicked by Cage the Elephant playing in the background Tony Stark is inside one of the labs in Stark Industries as he puts finishing touches to a small circular device which is around the same size as his chest wound. Using the electricity in the room to power up the device Tony then slowly inserts into into his chest cavity before sighing with relief. But as he stands up from the stool he was sitting on he is stunned to see a concerned Obadiah Stane waiting by the door.

Stane: Is everything OK?

Stark: It is now.

Walking over to Stark Obadiah still seems concerned as he looks at the glowing device inserted in Tony's chest.

Stane: Now why does that look like a miniaturized version of an Arc reactor?

Stark: It's because that is exactly what it is. I figure if one of these can power my factory then it is more than capable of keeping the shrapnel from my heart.

Impressed with Tony's invention Obadiah smiles before nodding his head.

Obadiah: You know I never had faith in that stuff.

Stark: It works.

Stane: I take it that wound is what happened to you over there. When are you going to tell me just what happened to you?

Before Stark can answer there is a knock at the door. Both Stark and Obadiah turn to see a man in his early fifties standing there. The man has grey but receding hair which is all slicked back and he is wearing a white lab coat over a black suit as well as white shirt. On seeing the man Obadiah begins to smile broadly.

Obadiah: Tony allow me to introduce you to Gregor Shapanka.

Shapanka walks into the room before shaking hands with Stane. But as he turns to Stark and offers him a handshake it seems that Tony is a little cautious.

Tony: I know who you are. I thought you worked with Cordco.

Shapanka: Well I did until recently. Then I was recruited by Obadiah Stane after some difficulties with Edwin.

Stark: Difficulties would be one word. I mean was you not the guy who once suggested cryogenics as a means for immortality?

Shapanka sheepishly nods his head.

Stark: I also know since then you've began working on temperature based weaponry.

Shapanka: That I have. But how do you know this?

Stark: Since my return I've thought it best to take an interest in just what my company is making. Which is why I'm cancelling all weapons programs.

On hearing this news Shapanka looks over at Stane who simply shrugs his shoulders.

Shapanka: But this is my life's work.

Stark: Well trust me it's not worth it. I've learned that now.

Sneering contemptuously as he stares at Stark Shapanka rolls his eyes before he looks over at Obadiah.

Shapanka: And you are going along with this?

Stane: It is Tony's company.

Shapanka: So you are going to let this fool run this great company into the ground based on his legacy?

Stark: No. Because this so called fool is going to completely overhaul Stark Industries. Starting with firing you!

Shapanka's jaw drops in shock as Stane simply pats Gregor on the back. Stane goes to speak but before he can get a word out Tony cuts him off.

Tony: Can you see him out?

As the stunned Shapanka shuffles towards the door Obadiah Stane follows him closely. As the two men walk out into the hallway and towards the elevator an angered Shapanka pushes over a plant pot.

Stane: Calm down Gregor.

Gregor: Calm down... You are telling me to calm down.. He just fired me!

Stane: I know... But all is not lost. Trust me.

Shapanka: What does that mean?

Stane: I can't talk now. But I will be in contact with you soon enough. Let's just say it seems you aren't the only one to have had this conversation with Tony today.

As he walks through the front doors of the Oscorp building Peter Parker seems a little apprehensive in regards to his tour around Oscorp. In the foyer of the building he is surprised to see Norman Osborn as well as Harry in the middle of what looks to be a heated conversation. The second he sees Peter Norman begins to smile before he approaches him.

Norman: Peter. I'm glad you came.

Peter: Thank you for inviting me Mr.Osborn.

Norman: Now what have I told you? It's Norman.

Peter nods his head as Norman pats him on the back.

Norman: So unfortunately I've got to have a meeting with one of my researchers about our latest project.

Peter: Is that to do with the Super Soldier project? As I've read all about it.

Norman smirks before he laughs.

Norman: It is. Now I've assigned you a guide and she'll be here soon. So I'll leave you with Harry. You take care Peter.

As Norman walks off into the building a bemused Harry walks over to Peter.

Peter: I got to say he doesn't seem so bad.

Harry: You don't live with him. Besides when it comes to a genius like you he probably wants to adopt you.

Peter cannot help but smile as Harry continues.

Harry: So how are you feeling? I know that is probably a stupid question but I'm your friend Pete. I have to ask.

Peter: I'm OK I just wish I could have had my last words to Uncle Ben be a lot different to what they was.

Harry: Well like my Dad said. All you've got to do is live your life. Your uncle wouldn't want you to wallow in grief. So look for what it's worth I hope you enjoy the tour.

Peter: You're not staying?

Harry: No and trust me you'll be happy I'm not. Catch you later Pete.

As Harry then walks out through the doors of Oscorp a confused Peter is standing by himself when he hears a voice call out.

?: Peter?

Slowly turning to the front desk Peter is surprised to see Gwen Stacy standing in front of the desk.

Peter: What are you doing here?

Gwen: I've just started working here as an intern for Professor Connors when I was asked to conduct a private tour. It is for you right?

Peter nods his head as Gwen smiles warmly.

Gwen: Alright well let's begin then.

It is late in the evening as Leland Owsley stands underneath an archway on this particularly cold and foggy night. Dressed in a sharp suit with his graying dark hair slicked back Owsley checks his watch every couple of seconds as he clutches a steel briefcase in his right hand. Slowly the silhouette of a man can be seen walking through the fog as Leland begins to smirk. Soon joining him as he takes a deep, cold breath is James Wesley. Wesley for his part is also wearing a suit as well as dark brown, leather gloves for the occasion. The two men stand several feet apart from one another as an unimpressed Wesley just stares at the smirking Leland.

Wesley: Apologies for my tardiness. My employer asked for a brief moment of time.

Leland: I know all about your employer. The so called big man of crime.

Owlsley chuckles to himself whilst Wesley remains stoic.

Wesley: He's not a fan of that name.

Leland: Then maybe he should introduce himself to the world let us know who he really is.

This time it is Wesley who smirks as Leland continues.

Leland: I mean some of us wonder if this so called big man even exists. Whether it is just an unimpressive little man like yourself looking to position himself as someone who matters.

Wesley: Oh.. You'd better believe my employer is real. But of course we've not come here to discuss rumors or what thoughts you and your cronies have. We are here to discuss a proposal you was offered.

Leland: Work for us or die. That wasn't so much of a proposal now was it?

Wesley: It was put a little more formally than that. See Leland we understand the work you do and how skilled you are. Which is why my employer would like you to join our ranks as opposed to that of Manfredi's.

Owlsley shakes his head in disbelief as he chuckles dismissively.

Leland: I have worked for Silvermane Manfredi for nearly fifteen years now. In all that time I have seen competition come and crumble under the Manfredi crime empire. So tell me what makes your boss so special? What makes him think he can do what the others could not?

Wesley: For one thing timing. My employer has watched on from the sidelines for a long while now. He sees that Manfredi is old and weak. That the world is slowly over taking him and that he is barely clinging on for survival. Which is why now is the time to strike. The question is will you be with us?

Leland: I'll give you that boy. That was a nice little sales pitch but it'll take more than that to beat Silvermane Manfredi. Isn't that right boys?

As Wesley looks on slowly from behind several of the pillars on this arch emerge three armed men. Collectively known as the enforcers the trio all stare Wesley down as he simply shakes his head. The leader of the group Fancy Dan is wearing a fashionable, black and white pinstripe suit as well as sporting immaculately groomed, slicked, dark brown hair and a small dark mustache. Standing closely behind him is the much taller and larger Ox who is sporting a shaved head as well as a white vest over brown suit pants. Rounding out the trio is Montana who is wearing a brown cowboy hat over his blonde hair not to mention sporting a blonde goatee. Montana is also wearing a blue shirt with a black waistcoat over it as well as black suit pants. The trio is all armed with respective weapons as Dan is holding a black Tommy Gun, Ox is armed with a sub machine gun and lastly Montana who true to form is armed with a pistol. As Leland smirks proud of himself Wesley remains calm despite being outnumbered.

Wesley: So I assume this means you are not interested in my proposal?

Leland: You'd assume right. So I tell you what why not make this a little easier on yourself and let me know who your boss is. I can then pass the information onto Silvermane and you can have a nice and quick little death.

Wesley: I'll pass.

Leland: Kill him!

As Leland watches on the Enforcers all stare down Wesley as they begin to step towards him with their guns aimed directly in his direction. But slowly as Dan, Montana and Ox all stand between him and Wesley the trio begin to turn round and point their weapons at Leland. As Leland looks on in shock Wesley begins to smirk menacingly.

Wesley: I mean did you honestly think this would go any other way? I told you how this would work. You either stand with us or against us and if you are against us you will not last against us much longer.

Sighing out of disappointment Wesley then shakes his head.

Wesley: You should have joined us. But your loyalty to that old man has corrupted your judgement... Kill him!

Before Leland can respond Fancy Dan, Ox and Montana all open fire on him shooting Leland down to the ground in a hail of gun fire. With Leland dead Wesley and the enforcers slowly walk off into the fog leaving Leland's body on the ground. Laid on top of Leland's body is a single black rose.

Post Credit Scene

As it begins to get late into the night an anxious Gregor Shapanka pulls up outside a run down industrial building before he steps out of his car and begins to make his way towards the front door. Opening up the door Shapanka walks into the foyer of the building and sees just in front of him is a doorway which leads into the one room currently with a light on. As he walks into the room the nervous Shapanka sees Obadiah Stane reading over some blue prints on a work bench. On seeing Shapanka Stane looks up from the blue prints before he begins to smile.

Stane: Ah Gregor. I'm glad you decided to come.

Shapanka: You said you could help me.

Stane nods his head as he rolls up the blueprints.

Stane: This work you've done is impressive Gregor... You've done well.

Shaking his head as he glares at Obadiah, Shapanka does not seem impressed.

Shapanka: Not well enough it seems. Stark's closed my lab. My life's work is over!

Stane: What happened is regrettable. But it's not final.

Shapanka is clearly confused as another man then walks into the room. The man is in his mid to late thirties and is wearing a plain black t-shirt over black jeans.

Stane: Gregor allow me to introduce you to Jack Taggert.

Taggert nods his head as a bemused Shapanka looks on.

Shapanka: I know who Mr.Taggert is. He is a grunt. a test pilot.

Stane: Mr.Taggert is more than just a test pilot Mr.Shapanka. He is a man who has been wronged like yourself by Tony Stark!

With a sinister smirk on his face Obadiah reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone before he begins scrolling through files.

Stane: Now whilst Tony Stark does not want you both doing your jobs. I still do... But in public I have to play along with Tony for now. Just for a little while to avoid him picking up on a few little side deals I have ongoing. Which is why I'd like to make you a deal Gregor.

Shapanka: What is it?

Stane: I will fund your project off the books so you can carry on building your tech. On the condition that you assist Mr.Taggert with his project.

Shapanka: And what project is that?

Stane: We call it The Firepower Program. So do we have a deal?

Shapanka nods his head as Obadiah smirks menacingly.

Obadiah: I'll send you the blueprints right away.

Cast in Order of Appearance
    Tyler Posey as Peter Parker/Spiderman
    Kiefer Sutherland as George Stacy
    Demond Harrington as Walter Bolt
    Portia Doubleday as Carlie Cooper
    Ophelia Lovibond as Lynn Michaels
    Jack Huston as Tony Stark/Iron Man
    Naveed Andrews as Ho Yinsen
    Karl Yune as Wong Chu
    Omari Hardwick as James Rhodes
    Temeura Morrison as Temugin
    Mads Mikkelsen as Erik Lehnsherr/Max Eisenhardt/Magneto
    Terry Quinn as Charles Xavier
    Freddy Highmore as Max Eisenhrdt (Flashbacks)
    Garrett Dillahunt as Sebastian Shaw
    Richard Sammel as Soldier (Guest Star)
    Jack Kesy as Soldier (Guest Star)
    David Kross as Soldier (Guest Star)
    Claudia Lee as Emma Frost (Flashbacks)
    Douglas Booth as Harry Osborn
    Michael Shannon as Norman Osborn
    Orlando Jones as Oscar Clemons
    John Nolan as Silvermane Manfredi
    Winston Duke as Tombstone
    Kerry Washington as Ororo Monroe/Storm
    Manu Bennett as Wolverine
    Ian Somerholder as Scott Summers/Cyclops
    Evan Rachel Wood as Jean Grey
    Tyler Hochlin as Hank McCoy/Beast
    Chistopher Heyerdahl as Gregor Shapanka
    Tommy Flannagan as Leland Owlsley
    Raul Esparza as James Wesley
    Neil Jackson as Montana
    Geno Segers as Ox
    Leslie Odom Jr as Jack Taggert

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Another great episode Shade. Here are some thoughts:

I enjoyed that Charles actually had a reason for meeting Magneto beyond the mere idea of wanting to be with a friend. I'm sure Magneto has his own reasons for doing it as well. Tad disappointed you went with the silly "villain leaves hero to die so he can come back and kill him" trope.

Stark's plot is growing pretty fast, and we've got our first look at villains for him.

I was surprised to see you kill of Owsley so soon, I wonder if we'll see you use a son or something of that sort as The Owl? Or if this is for sure the end of the Owlsley character. Lots of other namedrops here, we heard about Daredevil's dad, about Kingpin, got some Tombstone and Silvermane glimpses (I will say, I hope you don't shag them and relegate them to Kingpin's bitches just because of how good Kingpin was in the Daredevil show, those two are great and on Kingpin's level in their own right imo).

I was a bit disappointed in Peter Parker's plot progression as well. There was no remorse about the fact that he just took a life or even acknowledgment that he really should be doing better with all that responsibility, perhaps some narration would've helped shed some light on how he felt. I'd love to see all of the POV characters get some narration actually, now that you've given Tony Stark some. Wonder if Harry will get jealous of Peter's relationship with Norman. Cool to see Gwen Stacey pop up too. Also thinking since we're early in the Parker story, we'll actually get some progress on Peter learning about responsibility, maybe entering the wrestling ring and getting his uniform and what not.

Last thing is on the manner of Emma Frost. The worst thing the X-Men movie reboot did was ruin Emma Frost. She was a dumbed down sidekick that solely served the purpose of being Shaw's girltoy. I hope you take advantage of how skilled and smart Frost is (after all this is the sort of women who would go on to lead the X-Men herself at some point) instead of her just being Shaw's use of countering Charles and doing his bidding.

I'm looking forward to episode 3 Shade. Keep up the good stuff! I am however hoping that we get some legitimate action soon, this was a very slow episode with little to no action which is probably my biggest criticsm.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Another great episode Shade. Here are some thoughts:

I enjoyed that Charles actually had a reason for meeting Magneto beyond the mere idea of wanting to be with a friend. I'm sure Magneto has his own reasons for doing it as well. Tad disappointed you went with the silly "villain leaves hero to die so he can come back and kill him" trope.

Stark's plot is growing pretty fast, and we've got our first look at villains for him.

I was surprised to see you kill of Owsley so soon, I wonder if we'll see you use a son or something of that sort as The Owl? Or if this is for sure the end of the Owlsley character. Lots of other namedrops here, we heard about Daredevil's dad, about Kingpin, got some Tombstone and Silvermane glimpses (I will say, I hope you don't shag them and relegate them to Kingpin's bitches just because of how good Kingpin was in the Daredevil show, those two are great and on Kingpin's level in their own right imo).

I was a bit disappointed in Peter Parker's plot progression as well. There was no remorse about the fact that he just took a life or even acknowledgment that he really should be doing better with all that responsibility, perhaps some narration would've helped shed some light on how he felt. I'd love to see all of the POV characters get some narration actually, now that you've given Tony Stark some. Wonder if Harry will get jealous of Peter's relationship with Norman. Cool to see Gwen Stacey pop up too. Also thinking since we're early in the Parker story, we'll actually get some progress on Peter learning about responsibility, maybe entering the wrestling ring and getting his uniform and what not.

Last thing is on the manner of Emma Frost. The worst thing the X-Men movie reboot did was ruin Emma Frost. She was a dumbed down sidekick that solely served the purpose of being Shaw's girltoy. I hope you take advantage of how skilled and smart Frost is (after all this is the sort of women who would go on to lead the X-Men herself at some point) instead of her just being Shaw's use of countering Charles and doing his bidding.

I'm looking forward to episode 3 Shade. Keep up the good stuff! I am however hoping that we get some legitimate action soon, this was a very slow episode with little to no action which is probably my biggest criticsm.
    Thanks for the feedback Jon my man. Much appreciated as always dude. Charles' rationale for those meetings with Magneto was one which I had two minds about revealing right away or saving it for later. So I'm glad me pulling the trigger so soon with it was a great call. The scene with Shaw and Max was more designed to show a little bit of arrogance/underestimation from Shaw as he thought that shot was enough to keep Max down. Of course we all know it wasn't but it'll show a very interesting side of Shaw down the line as he finds out that Max is still alive.

This episode was very much Stark's episode I will say and I dunno if you've noticed this but with the previous episode being more Peter's. The way I've found the balance is by giving one of the stories a bit more focus each episode going forward. The good thing as well like you mentioned was me being able to successfully introduce some villains as well in the Stark story such as Temugin for example.

I can't obviously give too much away about the Mob War storyline but I promise you now especially as this season goes on. Silvermane/Tombstone/Hammerhead will not be wasted in this show. I am going to do all I can to show just why Manfredi has been in charge for so long as well as the rage he is now feeling in regards to losing both Marko and The Owl. As for the Peter story here is what I'll say he is still young and whilst he may not seem to be bothered by what happened deep down he is and it will hit him soon. The great thing as well with him developing is that Peter is not going to be perfect. He's still a kid for lack of a better term.

With Emma Frost although my variation is going to be a little different from the comics. I will promise you this now my goal is to make her a strong character in her own right. Because when I think of that character and her powers. To me she is a threat to most of if not all the X men as not only can she read/manipulate minds but she can also turn her skin into diamond. Making her a much more physical threat.

Also I do agree that this episode was very slow in regards to action and in some ways that was by design as I was looking to build up some of the key plot lines going forth. But I promise things will be very much picking up in the story from this point. Thanks once more for the feedback dude!

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Members of The Brotherhood unveiled today

With the next episode of Fox's Marvel show promising some key moments in the X-Men Storyline several new castings have been unveiled today for both the present day as well as the flash backs.

Yvonne Strahovski as Mystique
    Starting out with an obvious addition to the Brotherhood. It can now be revealed that Mystique will be appearing in the X-Men Storyline. Mystique of course is one of Magneto's most loyal followers who it can be revealed will be appearing in both the flash backs as well as the present day storyline. Playing the role of Mystique will be Dexter/Chuck actress Yvonne Strahovski.

Wade Williams as Blob
    An interesting addition also unveiled for the Brotherhood will be quite possibly it's most disgusting. As it can be revealed that Blob will also be making an appearance in the first season. Although making up for his lack of intelligence Blob is a force to be reckoned with his powers which includes superhuman strength, durability and endurance. Playing Blob will be Prison Break actor Wade Williams.

David Belle as Toad
    Another interesting addition to the present timeline will be that of Toad. Quite possibly the only mutant capable of matching Blob when it comes to being disgusting. Toad makes up his disgusting qualities with being a skilled if not agile opponent whose mutation has seen him adopt many frog like qualities. From leaping ability to adhesive sometimes toxic saliva to an elongated Prehensile tongue. Playing Toad will be actor as well as Parkour specialist David Belle.

Joe Manganiello as Sabretooth
    One of the other big name Brotherhood mutants has been unveiled today as it can be revealed that Sabretooth will be starring in the present as well as past timelines. A long time rival of Wolverine with a storied past. It is believed that over the seasons his history with Wolverine will be delved into a lot more. Playing the role of Sabretooth will be Magic Mike as well as True Blood actor Joe Manganiello.

Max Thierot as Havoc
    With the X-Men storyline planning to tell several tales in the battle between the Brotherhood and the X-Men this season. This next addition to the cast is a fascinating one with a brotherly bond to one of X-Men's most notable members as Alex Summers aka Havok will also be appearing as a member of the Brotherhood. Alex is of course the estranged brother of Scott and over the course of the season it will be shown just how he was recruited into joining Magneto's brotherhood. Playing the role of Havok will be Bates Motel star Max Thierot.

Gaspard Ulliel as Azazel
    Set to appear in the flashbacks portion of the X-Men storyline will be the demonic Azazel. With varying abilities from teleportation to superhuman agility not to mention some fearsome combat skills. Azazel is a useful member of Sebastian Shaw's team who will be sure to cause problems going forth as he works alongside Shaw. Playing the role of Azazel is Hannibal Rising actor Gaspard Ulliel.

Nick Wechsler as Riptide
    The last member of the brotherhood announced and another addition to the flashbacks portion will be that of Riptide. Like Azazel Riptide will be one of the mutants specifically recruited by Sebastian Shaw as he looks to reach the next stage of his plan. Playing the role of Riptide will be Revenge star Nich Wechsler.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Ian McShane to guest star as Frederick Foswell

With the second episode of Marvel having now aired and his name having been mentioned several times. It can now be confirmed that Frederick Foswell will be appearing in the next episode of the show.

Ian McShane as Frederick Foswell
    After being mentioned on several occasions in the show fans will finally get a look at the character known as Frederick Foswell. A former rival/occasional ally of Silvermane Manfredi. There was a time when Foswell was the man in charge of the criminal underworld of New York. That was until he was arrested many years ago by a officer George Stacy. Since that time Foswell has been locked up in Ryker's Island with his entire criminal enterprise taken over by Manfredi. Playing the role of Foswell will be Deadwood star Ian McShane.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

That one moment which changes everything

Severely wounded following his confrontation with Sebastian Shaw Max Eisenhardt somehow finds the will not to mention the strength to pull himself to his feet using a table for support. Still bleeding heavily from his wound Max removes his jacket before he presses it against the wound. Stumbling forward towards the side door from which Sebastian Shaw and Emma Frost made their exit. Max staggers out into a side alleyway of the pub before he falls forward against the wall opposite. Steadily growing weaker and weaker from his wound Max begins to to slump down onto the floor. As Max's eyes begin to grow wide a young man around the same age as his rushes over to him before he picks up the jacket.

Max: Please help me.

?: I will don't worry.

As the concerned man presses the jacket against Max's wound with one hand he uses the other to put Max's arm over his shoulder before helping him to his feet.

Max: Who are you?

?: My name is Charles Xavier.

Max: You don't sound like you belong here.

Charles: That's because I'm not from here. I'm an American.

As Charles helps Max walk along through the alley a curious Max turns his head towards him.

Max: Then why are you here?

Charles: I came here to find you. I'm just like you.

Max: A mutant?

Charles: Yes. Now tell me what is your name?

Max: Erik.. Erik Lehnsherr.

(Charles)
    "I think it is safe to say the moment I met Erik I knew there was something different about him compared to all the other mutants I'd encountered. He was incredibly powerful even at a young age. Unfortunately he was packed full of rage. Full of anger and this rage inside of him is what made him the man he is today."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Present Day
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being met at the reception desk by Gwen Stacy for his tour round the Oscorp building. An anxious Peter Parker walks along closely behind Gwen as they walk down a long corridor on their way to one of the research labs.

Gwen: So what happened last time you was here?

Peter: I don't know. It's hard to explain I just got really sick.

Gwen: It is a funny coincidence though. I mean you've not been the only one to be sick since that time.

Peter: Oh really.. Who else?

Gwen: You remember Cindy right? Cindy Moon.

Peter nods his head.

Gwen: About a week or two after you went sick. She did to. I called to see how she was getting on and they said she came down with a serious illness. No one has heard anything since.

Peter: I hope she's alright.

Gwen: Speaking of alright. Peter how are you?

As the two stop in the hallway out of view from everyone else. A concerned Gwen turns to Peter before she puts her hand gently on his shoulder.

Gwen: I know about what happened to your uncle. It's horrible.

Peter: It's hard to believe sometimes he is gone. It seems all I've done since then is make bad decisions and mistakes.

Gwen: I don't believe that Peter.

Peter: You should. I've hurt people.

Gwen: We all hurt people Peter. Even without meaning to but I know deep down you are a good person.

Peter: All I want to do is make a difference in this world.

Gwen: And how will you do that?

Peter: I can't tell you.

Gwen: Why not?

Peter: I just can't right now. Especially not here.

Gwen: Then what about later?

Following a meeting with Stark Industries' board of directors a visibly displeased Obadiah Stane is standing on the front porch of Tony Stark's lavish mansion in Long Island, New York. With Grey skies up above as well as thunder in the distance Obadiah begins to cling tightly to his umbrella as the door to the home slowly opens up with Pepper Potts standing in the doorway. Pepper smiles on seeing Obadiah and takes a step back allowing him to walk inside the Stark home. After he has put his umbrella down by the coat rack Obadiah turns to Pepper before he smiles.

Obadiah: It's been a while Ms.Potts. How are you keeping?

Potts: Fine thank you. What about yourself?

Obadiah: Stressed. I cannot lie. Which is why I am here.

Potts: Oh yes you had that meeting with the board today. How did it go?

Stane: Let's just say it's a challenge to inform a weapons company board that you are no longer developing weapons.

As Pepper sheepishly nods her head Obadiah continues.

Obadiah: So is he here?

Pepper: Tony is here yes. Unfortunately he has informed me that he is to have no visitors.

Stane does not look impressed as he shakes his head.

Obadiah: And why is that?

Pepper: He says he is working on something in his lab. Something private.

Obadiah: So first he decides we won't design weapons. Now he is doing secret projects. I miss the old days.

Pepper sighs.

Pepper: I do to in someways. I mean yeah Tony could be a jerk back then but deep down he cared. Now he spends all his time down in that lab. I don't know what happened to him over there but I'm concerned.

Flashback

Following his meeting with the Ten Rings leader Temugin Tony Stark as well as Ho Yinsen are both returned to their bunker by several of the armed ten rings members. Once they are pushed inside and the door is shut behind them Tony notices various pieces of broken down weaponry as well as tools and blueprints have been scattered across the room.

Tony: Well this is convenient.

Yinsen: We cannot build weapons for that man.

Tony nods his head in agreement.

Yinsen: At the same time the consequences for not doing it...

Tony: Let me guess. They will be severe.

Yinsen: Our lives will not be worth living. They won't kill us not at first at least.

Tony: So our options are build weapons for a terrorist organisation or suffer for the rest of however short the rest of our lives will be.. Well I think the choice is simple.

Yinsen: It is?

Stark: Yes.. We build the weapons or at least we make it look like we are.

As Stark smiles Yinsen for his part looks confused.

Yinsen: I'm sorry I don't follow.

Stark: I have a plan. Trust me.

Present Day

After having met with Charles for their game of chess. Erik Lehnsherr aka Magneto returns to the Brotherhood stronghold which is well hidden in many caverns hidden in a large cave which itself is hidden away in a large woodland area. Once he reaches the door Magneto knocks on it three times before slowly the door creaks open. Having been watching the door Sabretooth steps to the side allowing Magneto to walk inside their hideout. As he walks into a large dimly lit room Magneto looks across in one of the corners where both Blob and Toad are seated on a broken, dirty couch watching a news report on Senator Robert Kelly. Shaking his head disgustedly as he sees Blob stuffing himself with junk food. Magneto heads towards his quarters with Sabretooth closely following him. Joining him on the way as well is an older Emma Frost as well as Mystique. Once the four reach his quarters Magneto walks round a large desk before he sits down across from them.

Emma: You met the professor again didn't you?

Magneto nods his head.

Emma: Without your helmet?

Magneto: Yes.

Mystique: Without that Charles can manipulate you. Make you do his bidding.

Magneto: Which he won't do. Because like me Charles still values our friendship.

Frost: That won't stop him reading your mind.

Magneto smirks as he shakes his head.

Magneto: I know. In fact I'm encouraging him to do that.

Both Mystique and Emma look confused as Magneto continues.

Magneto: See there are things about me Charles doesn't know. When we were on the same side out of honor of our friendship he restrained from even once looking into my mind. It is my hope when he sees the truth. When he realizes everything that I have witnessed is a sign of things to come. That he will realize we are the future. Not them.

Emma and Mystique both nod their heads when an angered Sabretooth speaks up.

Sabretooth: Is he still with them?

Visibly annoyed with Sabretooth's interjection Magneto shakes his head before responding.

Magneto: From what I gather Wolverine is still apart of the X-Men.

As Sabretooth snarls Magneto begins to smirk.

Magneto: You will get your chance soon enough my brother. Don't you worry but for now we have bigger things to accomplish.

Emma: Like what?

Magneto: Like handling Robert Kelly once and for all. I've had enough of that simple minded, little man shaming our kind for his own political benefit.

Sabretooth: Let me take care of it.

Magneto: Whilst I have no doubt you are capable of such. I'm thinking it's time we let our newest recruit handle one.

Mystique: Speaking of which he has been asking questions the second he heard where you are going. Wants to know about his brother.

Magneto nods his head before he stands up from behind his desk.

Magneto: Bring him to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashback

Slowly coming to inside a clean, white room an anxious Erik Lehnsherr tries to sit up quickly as he finds himself laying on a bed. But as he does so he winces in pain when suddenly a concerned Charles Xavier rushes into the room. Slowly Erik manages to make it in a seated position as Charles stands a foot away from him.

Erik: Where am I?

Charles: You're somewhere safe.

Erik: But where am I?

Charles: This place doesn't have a name. At least not yet. But I want it to be a place which is safe for people like us.

Erik: You said you was like me. What can you do?

Charles: Well for most part I'm a telepath. But with the help of a program me and a few others have built I've been able to locate other mutants.

Erik: Who else is here?

As Charles begins to smile three more people walk into the room. The first is a young man wearing a white lab coat over a suit and tie, the second is a pretty blonde haired girl who is slightly older than the man whilst following her is another girl who is around the same age.

Charles: Erik. Allow me to introduce you to Hank McCoy, Raven Darkholme and Ororo Monroe.

Erik smiles weakly as he looks over at the trio.

Raven: What happened to you?

Erik: I crossed paths with another mutant. One who wasn't so accommodating as all of you have been.. One who needs to be stopped.

Charles: Tell us what you know and together we'll stop him.

Erik: You'll need to find him first.

Charles: Like I said I've got ways of doing that.

Erik: How?

Charles: We call it Cerebro.

Erik nods his head as Charles continues.

Charles: That's how we found you and how we'll find others.

(Erik)
    "It had been years since I'd known such kindness. In fact in my time with Shaw. Whilst he claimed I was like a son to him. The truth was I was a weapon used for his own ends. You live with that for years.. It breaks you down. It hardens your soul. Which is why such kindness and consideration felt so strange to me. The idea that these people wanted to help our kind and not for their own ill gotten gains was alien in concept. At the same time however I knew in these fleeting moments that Charles Xavier was a man I could trust. A man I'd realize is probably the greatest man I'd ever meet in my life."

Several days later an angered Sebastian Shaw hurls a glass against a wall in his war room as an anxious Emma Frost stands across from him. In the room is a large map of the world which has been hung to the wall with several different colored pegs inserted into various sections.

Shaw: He lives?

Frost: That is what I've been told.

Shaw: How?

Frost: I got it from one of our new recruits. Said he was nearly recruited by a group who also had brought in someone with Erik's abilities who happened to be in critical condition.

Shaw: Who are these recruiters?

Frost: They are led by someone known as Charles Xavier.

Sneering contemptuously as he shakes his head Shaw glares at Emma as she continues.

Emma: And we know he has several mutants with him already.

Shaw: For what?

Emma: He says to help them gain control of their powers. Provide a safe place for mutants to live alongside humans.

Shaw: The man is a buffoon. Tell me how are our recruits doing?

Frost: We have 3 very skilled recruits so far.

Shaw: Do any have leadership potential.

Emma shakes her head.

Emma: No. But I do.

Shaw goes to respond but Frost cuts him off.

Frost: If it wasn't for me you'd still be working with Erik or Max or what ever you want to call him. He might have even killed you. Whereas I have proven myself loyal to our cause and I don't see how you can even consider anyone else to lead this team.

Breaking into a smile an impressed Shaw nods his head.

Shaw: Alright. Well then let's meet our recruits.

With that Emma whistles and the door to the room opens up. Quickly three men all walk into the room. The first one is quickly identified as Sabretooth and he simply snarls as he walks past both Frost and Shaw. Following Sabretooth is the equally intimidating Azazel who is wearing a dark suit over his red Demon like skin. Rounding out the trio is Riptide who is also wearing a suit and sporting a smug smirk on his face.

Frost: This is Sabretooth, Azazel and Riptide.

Shaw claps his hands together on seeing the trio.

Shaw: I've heard some good things gentleman. So let me ask you are you all ready to help show that mutants are the future?

Present Day

Later on that day following his tour round Oscorp Peter Parker is standing on the rooftop of an apartment building which overlooks the city when he is joined by a concerned Gwen Stacy. With the sky growing darker by the minute as day turns to night Gwen seems to also be confused as to why Peter asked to meet her here.

Gwen: Well I got to say you've chosen an original place to meet.

Peter: You wanted to talk. Here is where we can. Away from everyone else.

Gwen: Peter. I'm worried about you.

Peter: Why?

Gwen: Because you've gone through so much lately. Not to mention you giving Flash a beating. I know you and that isn't the Peter I know.

Peter: It's because things have changed. More than you will ever imagine.

Gwen: Then talk to me. Tell what it is that is bothering you? What is going on? Because obsessing like this it's not good for you.

Peter: How do you know that?

Gwen: Because that is what my dad does. He obsesses over things he cannot control. I remember he spent years hunting down a serial killer known as Cletus Kasady. But along the way he became so wrapped up in the case that it nearly cost him everything. Now he's doing the exact same thing once more as he says he saw a man firing webs from his hand like a spider who killed a robber.

A startled Peter gulps as Gwen stops.

Gwen: Are you OK?

Peter: It was an accident.

Gwen: What was?

Peter: If I tell you I don't think you'll believe me.

Gwen: Try me.

Peter: I'm the one who your dad is after. The web shooter.

Clearly not taking Peter seriously Gwen chuckles.

Gwen: You've got to be joking.

Peter: I'm not.

Gwen: Peter I came here because I was worried about you. If you can't talk to me about this seriously then I'll go.

Gwen begins to turn away from Peter but as she nears the door she is stunned when Peter fires a web right past her and against the door. Gasping in shock as she takes a step back Gwen turns to Peter in shock.

Gwen: Oh my god.. He was right. But that means... You killed that man.

The troubled Peter takes a step back as his eyes begin to well up.

Peter: That was the man who killed my uncle. I never meant to kill him. We fought and he stumbled and fell out of that window. It was an accident you have to believe me.

As Peter begins to sob a solemn Gwen rushes over to him before she hugs him. Slowly Peter then backs away before he and Gwen look one another in the eyes. A few seconds pass before slowly the two kiss whilst Rain begins to fall down on them. As the two part Peter smiles whilst Gwen places her hand on his cheek.

Gwen: I believe you.

Peter: Thank you.

Gwen: So what are you going to do?

Peter: I want to make a difference.

Gwen: How will you do that?

Peter: My uncle once told me with great power comes great responsibility. I'm going to use these gifts to help people. But I can't do it as Peter Parker. I can't put the people I love at risk.

It is visiting time at Ryker's Island and as many of the convicts are led to their booths for meetings with friends, family or loved ones noted gangster Frederick Foswell is led right across to the other side of the room in a corner booth by the side door. Dressed in an orange jumpsuit with his hair slicked back the weary Foswell cannot help but crack a smile as he sees sitting across from him is Silvermane Manfredi. Manfredi for his part does not seem too happy to be sat across from Foswell which clearly delights Frederick all the more.

Frederick: Silvermane Manfredi as I live and breathe. I got to be honest I never expected the day to come for you and me to see one another again. At least not like this. I half expected you to have ended up in here by now.

Silvermane: Which just shows me how much you've under estimated me. I've always been a survivor Frederick. You should know that.

Foswell chuckles before he spits on the floor in disgust.

Foswell: You're a cockroach Silvermane. That is what you are.

Silvermane: If by that you mean no matter what is thrown at me I survive I'll take that.

Foswell: Clearly not well enough if you have had to come and see me. So what do you want?

Silvermane: I need information.

Foswell: About what?

Silvermane: Roscoe Sweeney.

Foswell: Well that's not really information is it. That's more a history lesson.

Silvermane: I want to know who killed him.. Who is the Big Man?

Foswell's smile fades on hearing the Big Man.

Foswell: I'm not scared of you Silvermane.

Silvermane: But you are of the Big Man I take it?

Foswell: I'm not scared of anyone.

Silvermane: Oh but I can see differently. In fact it wouldn't shock me if that is why you got captured to avoid going up against the Big Man. When it is me you should be afraid of.

Foswell: And why is that?

Standing up from his chair Manfredi raises his hand in the air before he snaps his fingers several times. Much to Foswell's surprise everyone in the room from prisoners to guards to visitors all begin to head for the exits leaving just him and Manfredi in the room. The side door then creaks open to Foswell's side before much to his shock Tombstone walks in. As Tombstone stands over Foswell Silvermane begins to smile.

Foswell: It seems you have my attention.

Silvermane: Good. Now tell me who is the Big Man.

Foswell: I tell you this. I'm as good as dead.

Silvermane: If you don't tell me this.. You'll die now and it won't be quick.

Foswell: You honestly think you can kill me here and get away with it?

Silvermane: I do.. BECAUSE I RUN THIS CITY NOW!

Foswell slowly nods his head.

Foswell: Alright... Yes I remember the Big Man. I remember how he started out as muscle for Sweeney. How he killed that boxer. Not to mention how he'd leave a flower at each crime scene like a calling card. I also remember the night I found Roscoe's body with the same flower laid on top of him. That man had beat him to death.

Silvermane: Who is he?

Foswell: Wilson Fisk. His name is Wilson Fisk.

Silvermane smirks before he turns away from Foswell.

Silvermane: It's been a pleasure Frederick. Thank you for the help.

Foswell: So what now?

Silvermane: What do you mean?

Foswell: I told you what you needed.. You can protect me from him right?

Silvermane: That was never the deal Frederick. But my associate here will make it so you don't have to worry about Fisk what so ever.

Before Frederick can react he is violently snatched to his feet by the mighty Tombstone. Putting one hand over Foswell's mouth and nose Tombstone keeps his other hand clasped around Foswell's throat as he slowly suffocates him. As Foswell goes limp Tombstone easily tosses his body to the ground whilst Manfredi leaves the room without even a second glance.

Meanwhile back at the Brotherhood facility Magneto is pacing back and forth impatiently inside his quarters when slowly walking into the room is a nervous Alex Summers. Summers aka Havok is in his early twenties and is wearing a grey hooded top over a pair of black jeans. As he stands across from Magneto Havok looks more and more nervous as the seconds pass.

Havok: You wanted to see me?

Magneto smiles eerily as he stares at Havok.

Magneto: I did. I understand you have some questions.

Havok: I heard you met with Charles Xavier. The man who has my brother.

Magneto nods his head.

Havok: Is he safe? Have they hurt him?

Magneto: He is safe for now and soon enough I promise you he will be here with you. But for right now he has been corrupted into believing that we can live alongside the humans. That they can accept us and live with us. However we know that is not the case. We know that all humans will see us as are threats. Threats to be killed. Threats to be experimented on and they are right to see us as threats. They are right to be afraid of us. Because we are the future.

Havok: When can I see Scott?

Magneto: Soon. But I have a job for you.

Havok: I thought you said I wasn't ready yet?

Magneto: I think you are for this. Have you heard of Robert Kelly?

Havok: The senator.

Magneto: Him and his anti mutant propaganda have existed for too long. It is because of him there are people out there right now building weapons to kill us all. So I want him eliminated. Can you do that?

Havok: I can!

As he leaves his private lab for the first time all day. A weary Tony Stark walks up the staircase leading towards his bedroom but just as he reaches the bedroom door Tony sees a concerned Pepper Potts as well as Happy Hogan standing by waiting for him.

Stark: I wasn't aware I asked for a welcoming party.

Pepper: You wouldn't need one if you left your lab a little more.

Tony: I'm working on something.

Hogan: Mind if we ask what?

Tony shrugs his shoulders.

Tony: You can ask. Whether I'll answer is another thing.

Pepper: Tony.. What is going on?

Tony: What do you mean?

Pepper: You've only been back a few weeks now but your behavior is scaring everyone. You rarely sleep let alone eat. You make rash decisions about your company and now you are spending all this time in the lab. What happened to you? Is this some form of PTSD?

Tony shakes his head.

Tony: No this is what happens when for the first time in your life you realize just how much you've buried your head in the sand. Because I've seen things which will haunt me for the rest of my life. Things which I was oblivious to for years.

Hogan: Then talk to us.. We can help you.

Tony: I don't think you'll want to. Not when you see it but I know this is what I have to do.

Pepper: See what?

Turning away from them Tony walks back down the stairs towards his lab. Slowly both Happy and Pepper begin to follow Tony down to the lab. After entering in a combination on the lock Tony walks into the lab with both Pepper and Happy following suit and once they are inside they both gasp in a combination of shock and horror. As standing in the center of the room is a large red and gold colored suit of armor.

Flashback

A few days have passed as Tony Stark and Ho Yinsen continue their work inside their bunker. With armed security outside of the room the two men are working hard as Yinsen disassembles several pieces of machinery whilst Tony goes over some blueprints. Once he has finished his work Yinsen joins Stark by the blueprints as he watches on curiously.

Yinsen: So tell me once more. What is the plan?

Stark: The plan is simple.. We get out of here.

Yinsen: But what exactly are we building?

Stark: Take a look for yourself.

As he presses the series of blueprints together an outline for what looks to be a big, weaponised suit of armor.

Yinsen: And this will work?

Stark: Yes. It seems what is a horrible revelation that these men are using my weaponry. Also works to my advantage. As I know the ins and outs of everything here.

Yinsen: How did they get all of those weapons?

Stark: Unfortunately I'd say they bought them off the black market. Which is why I need to get back home. To clean up my company once and for all.

Yinsen: Is that the only reason?

Stark: I just don't want my family legacy to be a body count.

Yinsen: I understand. But you don't have a family yourself do you Tony?

Tony: No. But I've come to realize I do have some people who care about me. Who I care about and that's enough.

Yinsen smiles.

Tony: What about you? Do you have a family.

Yinsen: I do and I hope to see them again soon.

Tony: Then let's build this and get out of here.

Post credit scene

It is late in the evening on a particularly cold night in Hells' Kitchen, New York and as it begins to turn misty a black lincoln town car parks up under a bridge. Stepping out of the vehicle is James Wesley and he is closely followed by the Enforcers trio of Fancy Dan, Ox and Montana. As the group wait patiently under the bridge a black SUV soon pulls up before the back passenger door opens up. Slowly stepping out of the vehicle is a large, black man in his mid to late fifties. The man is wearing a white suit over a black shirt as well as black pinstripe tie whilst in his hands he is clutching a dark cane. Noticeably in the man's front pocket is a black rose. As he stands across from Wesley and the Enforcers the man does not seem happy as he stares them all down whilst breathing heavily.

Wesley: Mr.Fisk.... We didn't expect to see you here.

Fisk: Well plans have changed. It seems things have been rushed forward.

Wesley gulps anxiously.

Wesley: What do you mean?

Fisk: I've been informed that earlier on today Silvermane Manfredi met with Frederick Foswell and that Foswell told him my name. I told you to handle all loose ends!

Wesley: With all due respect Mr.Fisk. We never considered Foswell a loose end as we never expected him to work with Manfredi. But we'll handle it.

Fisk: He's already been killed. Silvermane has had some guards cover it up and now that old man will be coming for me.

Wesley: Well his operation has been weakened once more as we've taken out The Owl.

Fisk remains unimpressed as he simply stares at Wesley.

Fisk: I want all of New York. That has always been the goal. But the plan was to do it in the shadows. Unfortunately now that has been complicated by your recklessness.

Wesley: If you give me another chance Mr.Fisk. I promise we'll fix this.

Fisk: I know you will James and it just so happens I know how.

As Wesley looks on the door to the other side of the SUV opens up before much to Wesley's surprise out steps Hammerhead.

Wesley: Isn't he one of Manfredi's guys?

Fisk nods his head.

Fisk: One of Manfredi's guys who has been on my payroll a lot longer and it is because of him we've been provided with a moment to weaken Silvermane further.

Wesley: And what's that?

Fisk: Silvermane's daughter is back in town and we now know where she is staying...

As Wesley nods his head Fisk snatches the rose from his pocket and tosses it to Wesley. Wesley catches it as Hammerhead watches on with a smirk.

Fisk: Make sure their reunion is short lived.

Cast in Order of appearance
    Freddie Highmore as Max Eisenhardt/Erik Lehnsherr (Flashbacks)
    Chris Colfer as Charles Xavier (Flashbacks)
    Tyler Posey as Peter Parker
    Dianna Agron as Gwen Stacy
    Christopher Eccleston as Obadiah Stane
    Jamie Ray Newman as Pepper Potts
    Naveen Andrews as Ho Yinsen (Flashbacks)
    Mads Mikkelsen as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto
    Joe Manganiello as Sabretooth
    David Belle as Toad
    Wade Williams as Blob
    Katheryn Winnick as Emma Frost
    Yvonne Strahovski as Mystique
    Connor Jessup as Hank McCoy (Flashbacks)
    Ashley Madekwe as Ororo Monroe (Flashbacks)
    Dakota Fanning as Raven Darkholme (Flashbacks)
    Garrett Dillahunt as Sebastian Shaw (Flashbacks)
    Claudia Lee as Emma Frost (Flashbacks)
    Gaspard Ulliel as Azazel (Flashbacks)
    Nich Wechsler as Riptide (Flashbacks)
    Max Thierot as Havok
    Ian McShane as Frederick Foswell (Guest Star)
    Max Thierot as Havok
    Owain Yeoman as Happy Hogan
    Jonathan Tucker a Fancy Dan
    Geno Segers as Ox
    Neil Jackson as Montana
    Tony Todd as Wilson Fisk

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Marvel gets it's Wilson Fisk!

With the 'Big Man' being hinted since the first episode as well as the constant appearances of James Wesley in the Spiderman story. Many Marvel fans wondered just when would we get our first glimpse of the Kingpin. Not to mention just who would play him especially as it has not been too long since Vincent D'Onofrio's stellar performance as Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series Daredevil. However when the reveal was made it has to be said Marvel have more than delivered when it comes to just who would be playing the role of Wilson Fisk. As it can be revealed that none other than Candyman star Tony Todd will be undertaking the role.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Herman Schultz aka Shocker confirmed to appear in season 1!

An interesting new addition to the Spiderman story has been unveiled today as it can be confirmed that during season one of Fox's Marvel series. Fans will be treated to an appearance by Herman Schultz in the series. Whilst not much of Herman's development has been revealed through this season it is expected that his first appearance will be before he later becomes the criminal known as Shocker. What was also revealed during a recent Reddit Q&A with head writer Ryan Andrews was that Herman will appear as the leader of a gang of robbers who target banks as well as armored security vans. Playing the role of Herman Shultz will be Lost and Intelligence star Josh Holloway.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Rick Yune joins Marvel Cast

Rick Yune as Gene Khan

A very interesting addition to the cast has also been unveiled today as it can be confirmed that a character known as Gene Khan will be appearing throughout season one in a recurring role. Khan is in many ways similar to that of Tony Stark in that he is an esteemed businessman who is running his families business Roxxon Energy Corporation. Unfortunately lately Roxxon has received some negative press due to some reported connections to the terrorist organisation all of which have been branded as slanderous claims by Khan. But with a possible deal between Roxxon and Stark International going forth the question is how will Tony Stark's return affect the deal? and what will his relationship with Gene Khan be like? Khan will be played by Fast and Furious as well as Olympus has Fallen star Rick Yune. When asked about his role Yune was quoted as saying "Khan is similar to Tony in some ways in that they are both ambitious not to mention intelligent. But other than that they are really like fire and ice. because where as Tony Stark is this brash, confident figure who commands attention. Khan is more stoic in his personality and prefers to watch people. Which will make for a great dynamic over time."

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Family Matters

As he sits down on a chair inside his bedroom Peter Parker looks to continue his work on both his costume as well as web shooters. With the help of a sewing machine for his costume as well as several pieces of lab equipment he borrowed from Empire State University. Peter has managed to not only complete his spiderman costume design in it's trademark red and blue look. But he has also been able to develop some small mounted barrels for his wrist which will act as web shooters. As he looks admiringly at what he has done Peter is soon joined in his room by Gwen Stacy. On seeing Gwen Peter stands up from his chair and greets her with a kiss on the cheek.

Gwen: I see you have been busy. What is all this?

Peter: Like I told you. I can't do what I have to as Peter Parker.

Gwen looks over at the costume and notices a spider logo before she looks back at Peter.

Gwen: I see you are serious about the Spider thing. What will you call yourself?

Peter: I'm thinking the human spider.

Shaking her head Gwen begins to smile.

Gwen: That's horrible.

Peter: Well it's not like I'm going to call myself Spiderboy.

Gwen: What about Spiderman?

Peter breaks into a smile before nodding his head.

Gwen: I have something for you actually.

Peter: What?

Reaching into her coat pocket Gwen pulls out a radio like device.

Peter: What is that?

Gwen: It's a police radio. I figure if you want to save the world this is how you do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back at the X-Mansion whilst many of his team are taking the time to teach several students of his school for youngsters. Charles Xavier finds himself alone inside his office as he takes notes in a journal in regards to his most recent meeting with Erik Lehnsherr. A few seconds then begin to pass before slowly the door to his office opens up and Scott Summers walks inside the room.

Charles: What can I do for your Scott?

Scott: I know he hasn't said anything in the past about him. I just want to know if there was any word on Alex?

Charles shakes his head regretfully.

Charles: I'm afraid not.

Scott: He does have him though right?

Charles: Yes. I saw when I was looking in his mind that Erik is acting as a mentor in some ways to Alex. Training him to use his powers. Manipulating him for his own ends.

Scott: We have to get him.

Charles: And we will. But I warn you Scott that Alex may not be as ready to join as as you'd think. From what I've seen Erik is preying on your past. What happened that day with your parents. He has effectively became a father figure to Alex.

Scott sighs.

Scott: I was afraid that may happen. Alex was pretty much a baby the day our parents died. They sacrificed themselves to save us. I remember telling him how I'd always look out for him like a big brother should. But the state separated us. I ran away from that orphanage to find him and that is where i met you.

Charles: And that is where I made you a promise. Do you remember?

Scott nod his head.

Charles: I told you we'd find him and that he'd be safe. I intend to keep that promise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashback

Now that he is fully recovered following his attack at the hands of Sebastian Shaw. Erik Lehnsherr is finally able to walk around the grounds of the Xavier Institute. As he reaches the outside of this large mansion Erik is stunned to see both Charles Xavier as well as Hank McCoy standing by a large circular like dome. As he walks across to them Erik cannot help but look in awe at the building.

Erik: is this it I take it?

Charles turns to Erik and smiles proudly before nodding his head.

Charles: It's good to see you up and about my friend. And yes this is Cerebro.

Erik: How does it work? Who built it?

Charles: Well I originally did most of the work. But Hank here completed the rest.

Hank smiles as Erik turns to him.

Erik: They call you beast am I correct?

Hank nods his head.

Erik: You don't look so beastly.

Hank: Under the right circumstances I can be. Now this is a device which amplifies brainwaves. When used by a telepath this allows the user to distinguish between humans and mutants and detect whatever traces the user sees fit. With a slight risk of course.

Erik: What is the risk?

Hank: The user must maintain control at all times as the effects of Cerebro on the brain can be overwhelming.

Charles: Which is why I'm the only one who uses it.

Erik: and you use this to find people like us?

Charles: Yes.

Erik: Can you show me?

Charles: Of course.

{Charles Xavier}

"I knew the day I met Erik he was unlike any other mutant I'd met. He was a leader and not a follower. But he had so much anger. So much rage. Which is why I had hoped that if I could get him invested in our plans for the Xavier institute that he may be able to overcome these demons. Unfortunately all that would happen over time would make things worse. But I will not give up hope. Not in him or anyone out there. There is a good man in there one who was unfortunately tainted by a very bad one. But one who still has time for redemption."

Present Day

In a continuation from the previous episode both Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts appear to be stunned as they stand in the doorway of Tony Stark's lab. Across from them is the first edition Iron Man suit designed by a proud Tony Stark. As he walks towards the armor and presses a small device round his wrist the suit quickly flies towards him and latches onto his body piece by piece. Once the suit of armor is fully on Tony activates the thrusters on his boots which quickly sends him soaring round the room. Hogan looks to be in awe at everything he is watching where as Pepper remains stoic. Once Tony lands on his feet he looks at the two for approval and quickly Happy begins to clap his hands together.

Stark: So what do you think?

Happy: That's awesome.

Stark smiles before he glances over at Pepper who for her part does not seem to be as impressed.

Stark: Pepper?

Potts: I don't know what you want me to say here.

Stark: Well I thought you'd be impressed.

Potts: What on earth is there to be impressed about? I mean what exactly are you going to do with that?

Stark: Whatever I have to do in order to stop the things I saw from happening to everyone else.

Hogan: But why wouldn't you build this for the military? I mean that is what Stark Industries does.

Stark shakes his head.

Stark: It's not all we do.

Potts: What do you mean?

Stark: whilst I was over in Afghanistan I saw many things that will haunt me for the rest of my life. But nothing more so than the fact that those men were slaughtering villages with weapons I had designed.

Hogan: They must have acquired them from the base. That's not your fault.

Stark: They was getting regular shipments of my latest weaponry. I saw it the first time I met with their leader. That means someone from Stark Industries is dealing on the black market and I want to stop them.

Pepper: Have you told this to Obadiah?

Stark: Not yet no. But you can see now why I am not keen on continuing building weapons.

Pepper: I think you should go explain this to him. As he is having to meet with many of the Stark Industries board today to discuss the companies future.

Stark: Then that is good timing. As I can talk with them as well.

Flashback

As he stands in his office situated on the top floor of the newly developed Stark Industries tower. A weary Howard Stark takes a sip from his glass of scotch as he glances out of the window and looks down all across the city. While Howard continues to drink slowly Obadiah Stane walks into the room. Turning round from the window Howard sighs as he sees Obadiah walking towards him.

Howard: for a second I almost forgot we now work together Obadiah.

Obadiah: It'll be an adjustment I'm sure.

Howard: Now I cannot pretend things have always been great between us. Nor can I pretend to be a fan of some of your business activities.

Stane: I've always been one who believed that when it comes to war there are no rules.

Howard: Which is why when I bought out Stane international I made sure to bring you into the company as well.

Obadiah nods his head.

Obadiah: Well that and the fact that if the rumors are true you are looking for a potential heir to take over your company. I mean who better than the man who competed against you for all these years.

A few seconds pass before Howard smirks.

Howard: Actually that has already been determined. My son Tony will be the one to take my place.

As Howard then turns back to the window and looks out at the view. A disgusted Obadiah takes a step backwards before he turns away from Stark and marches out from the office.

{Obadiah Stane}
    "I don't know why it shocked it as much as it did that Howard would choose to leave his company in the hands of a boy. He'd always boasted about how Tony was this smart, gifted young man. But the kid I met was obnoxious and arrogant. I'd actually hoped to change Howard's mind on matters but he met a I guess you could say untimely end not too long afterwards. So I was forced to stick around at Stark Industries and act as a mentor to his son. At least that was the case until he as well met tragedy."

As they continue their work inside their bunker both Tony Stark and Ho Yinsen continue their work on the armored suit as they look to make their escape from the Ten Rings base. Under Tony's watchful eye Yinsen finishes blow torching the last few pieces of the suit together before Tony walks towards the large silver suit of armor and places his hand on it. With a smile Tony then turns to Yinsen.

Tony: We're done.

Yinsen nods his head in agreement before he breaks into a smile.

Tony: Ok. So remember the plan. You stay behind me and I'll deal with the bad guys. We'll then be safe and you can go home to your family.

As Yinsen looks on Stark steps into the suit before he begins to close all of the latches on the suit. Yinsen is quick to assist in getting the suit operational before they begin powering it up with the help of an old computer. While the suit powers up Yinsen takes a step backwards before to his surprise there is a knock on the door. While Tony is concealed underneath the suit and hidden out of the way Yinsen looks anxious as from the outside the door can be heard slowly unlocking.

Tony: What's happening?

Yinsen: Someone is coming in.

Tony: Play it cool. It won't be long now.

Yinsen: We don't have enough time... I will make buy us some time.

Tony: Yinsen don't do this. Think about your family. Think about the plan.

Yinsen: My family is dead Tony. They killed them a long time ago. This may not have been your plan but it is mine.

As the door opens and one of the armed Ten Rings terrorists walks through the door Yinsen rushes him tackling him up against the wall. The guard tries to fight him off but quickly Yinsen is able to snatch from him a small gun before shooting the guard in the chest. With the door still open Yinsen then runs out of the bunker firing wildly as the suit is nearly fully operational

Present Day

It is dinnertime at the Manfredi estate and as the grounds are being watched over by a large number of armed guards both Tombstone and Hammerhead are standing by at the door whilst a smiling Silvermane sits down at one end of the table opposite his daughter Sable Manfredi. Sable is a very pretty girl in her early twenties with long blonde hair. Unlike her father who seems to be overwhelmed with happiness right now Sable seems to be uncomfortable as she glances over at both Tombstone and Hammerhead.

Silvermane: Do not be concerned my dear. They are merely here as a precaution.

Sable: A precaution for what?

Silvermane: You know I don't like to talk business at dinner.

Sable: is it really at dinner or is it just with me?

Silvermane's smile fades as he stares at his daughter.

Silvermane: And when was you so interested in the family business? It never really seemed to be your thing before.

Sable: Well maybe had you have paid more attention you'd have seen that I've always been interested.

Silvermane: And what is that supposed to mean?

Sable: Well let's put it this way. We both know had I have been a boy... You'd have stepped down by now.

An angered Manfredi raises his hand in the air but before he can respond gunshots begin ringing out from outside the home.

Silvermane: What is going on?

Tombstone: We've had an incursion. Fisk's men are here now.

As his meeting with the Stark Industries board of directors comes to an end Obadiah Stane sighs in disappointment whilst the board members gradually begin to leave the room. A few seconds then pass before Tony Stark walks in through another door. On seeing Tony Obadiah starts to smile as he continues his conversation with an asian man dressed in a dark blue suit. The man looks to be in his late thirties/early forties and has neatly slicked black hair. As Tony comes near the man and Obadiah both turn to him before the man offers Tony a handshake.

Obadiah: Tony.. What a surprise. This is Gene Khan.

Tony shakes hands with Khan who nods his head respectfully.

Tony: You are the head of Roxxon am I correct?

Khan once again nods his head.

Tony: So I take it your presence here means the rumors of a merger are likely to be true.

Khan: There is interest yes. But for now I'm merely serving in my role as one of the board members for your company... You have a good day Mr.Stark. I'm sure I'll see you around.

With that Khan leaves the room whilst Obadiah stares at Tony in disbelief.

Stane: You know he is one of the few remaining board members with any faith in you. The rest still believe you are suffering with PTSD.

Tony: Look Obadiah. I'm not traumatized. There are just some things I found out when I was.....

Before Tony can finish Stane speaks up.

Stane: They are looking to freeze you out Tony. You can't fight this. Stark Industries will continue it's weapons manufacturing.

Flashback

A couple of years have passed since Erik Lehnsherr and Charles Xavier united and began their quest to seek out mutants in need of help controlling their powers. This time the duo find themselves inside a hospital as they walk down a long ward towards a room where a couple in their late thirties are standing by. The couple is quickly identifiable as John Grey and his wife Elaine whilst in the room they are standing outside of is their daughter Jean who is currently comatose in her hospital bed. Once Charles and Eric reach the door Jean's concerned parents turn to face them.

John: Charles Xavier?

Charles stands forward and nods his head as both John and Elaine sigh with relief.

Charles: Yes.

Elaine: Thank you for coming.

Charles: That is no problem do not worry. I'd like to first off introduce you both to my colleague Erik Lehnsherr.

As Erik nods his head politely the couple both smile weakly.

John: So how is this going to work?

Charles: We'll head in there and I'll use my abilities to see if I can tap into Jean's mind. If our suspicions are correct I may be able to disable her powers and help her.

Erik looks confused as he and Charles then walk past the parents and into the room. Slowly Charles then sits down across from Jean whilst Erik remains standing.

Erik: Why would you disable her powers?

Charles: Because at the minute they are what are doing this to her. See Jean here has been gifted with both telepathy as well as telekinesis. Unfortunately due to a lack of control of her powers Jean found herself mentally linked to a friend of hers during an accident which killed that friend.

Erik: So you hope to break the connection and wake her up.

Charles: Precisely.

With that Charles grows silent as he begins to put his powers to work. Erik simply watches on as a few seconds pass before Charles snaps out of his trance. A second or two then passes before much to Erik's shock Jean's eyes open wide and she sits up in the bed in a panic.

Flashback

With his suit now fully powered Tony Stark is able begin walking out through the bunker doors and into the cave of the ten rings bade. The grey, metallic suit has a variety of devices attached to it and as Stark looks to head to the entrance of the cave he is able to put this suit into full effect as he shoots down several Ten Rings members with a small gun like device attached on his wrist. As Tony steps out from the caves and out under the sun however he finds a large group of Ten Rings members all standing their with their guns at the ready. Temugin is among the group right at the back and he seems a little anxious on seeing Tony's suit.

Temugin: That's an impressive design Stark. I'll enjoy prying it from your corpse when we are finished with you.

Stark: Take your shot.

As Temugin begins to smirk all his men take aim and fire at Tony but all these bullets do is ricochet off of his suit. Once they have used up all their rounds the ten rings soldiers look to reload as Tony simply stares at them.

Tony: My turn.

Quickly pushing a small button with his right hand Tony shoots a burst of flames towards the men hitting a nearby crate of explosives from Stark Industries. This triggers a series of explosions with other nearby crates and does major damage to the ten rings base as it begins to crumble from the explosions. With many of his men killed Temugin tries to flee but he is wounded from the blast and falls down nearby one of the few un-exploded crated of weaponry. Grabbing a gun from the crate Temugin turns to Stark but he is quickly shot down by Tony's suit. With the Ten Ring's defeated Tony begins to look round for Yinsen but much to his horror he sees Yinsen is bleeding in the distance as standing over him with a gun is Wong Chu. Leaping high in the air Tony manages to land several feet from both Yinsen and Wong Chu. Wong Chu looks at Stark in disgust as he keeps his gun aimed at the back of Yinsen's head.

Chu: You come any closer he loses his head.

Stark: Put the gun down and I'll let you go free.

Chu shakes his head when Yinsen speaks up.

Yinsen: Kill him Stark.

Angrily Wong Chu kicks Yinsen as he keeps the gun pointed at him but to his surprise Yinsen grabs his leg and wrestles with his captor looking to take the gun away from him. However unfortunately for Yinsen the gun goes off and he is shot in the chest. As Yinsen collapses to the floor an angered Tony fires a missile at a few crates of explosives near Wong Chu. This detonates the explosives and the force of the blast sends Wong Chu flying backwards before he hits the ground hard. Quickly Tony then rushes over to the bleeding Yinsen and crouches down beside him as Yinsen's eyes begin to glaze over.

Stark: Stay with me.

Yinsen: Get out of here Tony. Go home. I'll see my family again.

Present Day

Meanwhile back in his bedroom Peter Parker is trying out his newly designed costume as well as web shooters for the first time whilst an impressed Gwen Stacy watches on. The suit is a mixture of Red and light blue with some black, webbing like mesh under the arms.

Peter: So what do you think?

Gwen: It looks good.

Smiling Peter slowly nods his head.

Peter: Thank you.

Gwen: Now you'll just have to test it out.

Peter: Which is why I'm glad you brought the police radio. Are you sure your dad won't notice?

Gwen: My dad keeps several around the house and in his car. He won't notice one missing.

Just then a report comes through the radio of shots being fired from the Manfredi estate. Peter quickly begins to put his mask on whilst Gwen looks concerned.

Gwen: I'll ask this one last time. Are you sure about this?

Peter nods his head.

Gwen: Alright... Please don't get hurt.

Flashback

Following a long trek up a snow covered mountain both Charles Xavier as well as Erik Lehnsherr look to be nearing the point of exhaustion as they reach a small wooden cabin in the middle of the woodlands. Once they reach the door Charles wastes no time in knocking as a shivering Erik leans up against the wall.

Erik: You've got to get a faster way to travel Charles. This is getting ridiculous.

Charles: Well what are you suggesting? A jet plane.

Erik simply smirks and shrugs his shoulders when the door to the cabin opens up before a pissed off Wolverine opens the door. Wearing a black vest and blue jeans Wolverine does not seem to be happy with visitors as he quickly draws his metal claws towards Charles. Acting quickly Erik uses his powers to force Wolverine to take a step backwards.

Wolverine: Get off my property.

Charles: We haven't come here to hurt you. We just want to talk.

Wolverine: I don't feel like talking.

Just then before Erik can speak up Wolverine begins to sniff the air before he barges past the two of them.

Wolverine: Who else is with you?

Erik: No one..

Wolverine runs down the steps of his cabin when suddenly from the trees jumps Sabretooth. Sabretooth quickly tackles Wolverine to the ground before he attempts to slash him across the chest with his claws. Wolverine manages to kick Sabretooth off of him before he rolls to his feet and draws his claws. The two then lunge at one another before Wolverine drives his claws into Sabretooth's chest. Sabretooth lets out a roar as Wolverine manages to take him down but before Wolverine can do anymore a powerful gust of wind throws him back against the wall of his cabin forcefully. Both Charles and Erik step forward as emerging through the forest is Sebastian Shaw who is closely followed by his mutant army comprised of Emma Frost, Azazel and Riptide. Sabretooth quickly joins them as an angered Erik steps forward.

Erik: You..

Shaw: Erik my boy. It's been a long time.. Haven't you grown?

An angered Erik goes to step forward by Charles puts his hand out in front of him.

Charles: They have us out numbered. Not to mention out gunned. She's blocking my powers.

Emma smirks as a smirking Shaw steps forward.

Erik: What do you want?

Shaw: I understand you are recruiting just as I am. And whilst I appreciate people looking to make things better for all of our kind. With what I have planned I cannot let it stand. So I have a proposal for you all as I do not wish for anymore mutant blood to be spilled.

Present Day

As the shootout at the Manfredi estate continues both Silvermane and his daughter Sable take cover by the table whilst Hammerhead and Tombstone begin firing rounds out of the window. That is until several stun grenades are fired through the doorway. The go off and send both Tombstone as well as Hammerhead flying back down to the floor. With his two associates down Silvermane snatches a gun from the table before he holds it over to his daughter.

Silvermane: You want to prove yourself to me.. Now's your chance.

Sable nods her head and takes then gun whilst Silvermane takes a step backwards. Slowly a couple of thugs enter the doors but Sable fires off wildly at them causing them to step back. That is until a stun grenade is tossed into the room and goes off knocking down both Sable and her father. As a groggy Silvermane looks up he is horrified to see James Wesley leading the charge as the Enforcers all walk into the room. Quickly Montana then prepares to gun down Sable when his gun is pulled away from him by Spiderman's web. Wesley and the Enforcers all look stunned as Spiderman then jumps down from the ceiling right in front of them.

Wesley: What on earth are you supposed to be.

Spiderman: I'm Spiderman now let the girl go.

Wesley chuckles as he stares at Spiderman in disbelief.

Wesley: You don't want to play the hero kid. Especially not here. I mean you know who this is right. We are doing the world a favor.

Spiderman: I know who Silvermane Manfredi is. But I can't let you kill him or his family.

Wesley: Get him.

Quickly Ox lunges at Spiderman but Spiderman is able to jump over his shoulders and land on his feet. Ox spins round and Spiderman punches him but it has no effect on the mammoth Ox who easily knocks him down him a hard back hand. Spiderman rolls to his feet and quickly his spider senses begin to flare as Fancy Dan leaps in the air before he hits him with a forceful kick to the chest. Spiderman falls back against the wall and Montana goes to hit him with a punch when Spiderman sidesteps before firing off a web which pins Montana's hand against the wall. As Montana struggles to get free Spiderman leaps up onto the ceiling before he looks to bind Ox with his web but Ox is able to yank him down from the ceiling. Spiderman lands on his feet and continues to have to keep avoiding Ox's attacks as Fancy Dan works on cutting Montana free. With police sirens in the distance a panicked Wesley rushes to the door.

Wesley: Another time gentleman.

As Wesley makes his escape Ox kicks Spiderman to the chest before he, Montana and Fancy Dan also flee.

Quickly Spiderman then rushes over to Sable in order to check that she is OK but as he gets near Spiderman is snatched by Tombstone who throws him hard across the dining table and down to the floor. Spiderman struggles to his feet but Tombstone snatches him and flips him down across the table before he goes to pick up a gun.

Sable: Stop... He tried to save me!

Tombstone looks over at Silvermane who slowly nods his head and lowers the gun. With that a beaten Spiderman rolls off the table as in the distance Hammerhead climbs to his feet and subtly removes a small pair of earphones he was wearing. As Spiderman staggers to his feet an unimpressed Silvermane steps towards him.

Silvermane: I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish. But let me make this clear if you meddle in my business again I won't be so charitable.

Quickly Spiderman makes his exit through the window with his webs as police cars pull up outside the Manfredi estate.

Flashback ~ Post Credit Scene

With Tony Stark still in captivity in Afghanistan. Obadiah Stane walks into the head office of Stark Industries before he stares out of the window overlooking all of New York. With a proud smirk on his face Obadiah then sits down behind the desk before pouring himself a glass of scotch from a bottle hidden under the desk. But as a beaming Obadiah takes a sip from the glass he is surprised when his phone begins to ring. Holding his phone up Obadiah sees he is getting a video call and quickly he answers before being stunned to see the burned out ten rings base as well as a heavily burned Wong Chu standing by the side of the base.

Stane: What happened?

Chu: Stark happened.

Stane's look of shock turns to one of anger.

Stane: I was led to believe he'd be handled. We had a deal.

Chu: A deal which never told us the person we'd kill was Tony Stark. Temugin foolishly thought he'd be our personal armorer.

Stane: So you wanted to cut me out of the picture?

Chu: When you lied yes.

Stane shakes his head in disgust.

Stane: Does he know about me?

Chu: No. We never told him where we get our weapons or anything like that.

Stane: Good. Now tell me just how did he do this?

Cast in order of appearance
    Tyler Posey as Peter Parker/Spiderman
    Dianna Agron as Gwen Stacy
    Ian Somerholder as Scott Summers/Cyclops
    Terry O'Quinn as Charles Xavier
    Owain Yeoman as Happy Hogan
    Jamie Ray Newman as Pepper Potts
    Tom Selleck as Howard Stark
    Christopher Eccleston as Obadiah Stane
    Naveen Andrews as Ho Yinsen
    Winston Duke as Tombstone
    John Nolan as Silvermane Manfredi
    Emilia Clarke as Sable Manfredi
    Rick Yune as Gene Khan
    Kevin Rankin as John Grey
    Claire Danes as Elaine Grey (guest star)
    Evan Rachel Wood as Jean Grey
    Karl Yune as Wong Chu
    Garrett Dillahunt as Sebastian Shaw
    Claudia Lee as Emma Frost (Flashback)
    Nich Wechsler as Riptide
    Gaspard Ulliel as Azazel
    Neil Jackson as Montana
    Matthew Willig as Ox

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Might double post but here's some thoughts on episode 3:

- Havok will probably get anyone pretty quickly as the naive teen who tends to be easily manipulated. Glad to see Emma Frost did take a step forward with Shaw but clearly not far enough if she's still a Magneto underling years later.
    - Also was neat to see more of what Magneto/Xavier think about each other, a bit sad that in exchange for the X-Men scenes (of which we have yet to see enough of), we got some Magneto & Mutants scenes in exchange.
    - Not much Spiderman but understandable since this episode emphasized the mutant storyline more - but yay for Cindy Moon mention and yay for not having to deal too much with Spidey keeping his secret identity from friends... THAT SAID... considering Gwen and Spidey aren't really close close friends at this point, a bit jarring for him to admit it so early and for him to admit it to her instead of his bestest friend in Harry.
    - I did enjoy the scenes with the mob, it feels like really there's a 4th story aside from Spidey/Mutants/Iron Man with the Manfredi/Kingpin war, can't wait to see if those two ever physically collide and it was great to see the intrigue and betrayals with Hammerhead being with Kingpin. I wonder if you'll use Silver Sable as Manfredi's daughter which would excite me since she may end up as more than a damsel in distress. Ah just scrolled back up and realize it is indeed Sable Manfredi and you've got Emilia Clarke playing her <3
    - Glad to see first 'glimpse' at the Iron Man suit.

Things are still shaping up with each hero, quietly looking forward to seeing one of three in legit heroic action.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Double post it is...

- I was expecting to see the end result of Alex going to assassinate Robert Kelly (he wouldn't be my first option for an assassination though) but I guess that'll wait. I did enjoy seeing the adventures of Erik and Charles as they go recruiting though again, hoping it isnt too long before we get more of the rest of the X-Men cast since its a Magneto/Xavier origin story exclusively atm, still you did treat us with glimpses at Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Beast and Wolverine so I can't get too mad.
    - Tony Stark's backstory seems to finally be complete so it looks like we might actually see Iron Man in action beyond his lab next episode, quite looking forward to that. Not too surprised that Stane was behind Tony's kidnapping, not a huge fan of his as a villain, wondering if we'll see him as one the entire season or if we'll get a new one before the end of the season.
    - Big moment was Spider-Man finally getting into action and things not going so well. Before I get to that, I was glad to see Sable being forceful, it seems she isn't the Silver Sable we're used to yet, though it does look like we're getting there which I'm quite happy with, wonder if you'll give old man Manfredi his suit of armor too (aye Manfredi vs. Ironman ). I'm cool with Spider-Man being an amateur, what I was curious about was his inability to take out Ox. I did some research and it seems Ox is known for his resistance to injury and super strength and I'm hoping these 'supernatural' abilities are why he was able to resist Spider-Man who's got beyond peak human strength himself.

Glad to see the mob wars finally coincide with the Spider-Man story but more importantly, seeing Spider-Man in action. In a way we got some action too in regards to the Magneto/Xavier adventures, actually would have enjoyed seeing Magneto/Xavier have more playful banter in the way they had during the movies, particularly when two rabid animals like Sabretooth and Wolverine are suddenly fighting next to them.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Might double post but here's some thoughts on episode 3:

- Havok will probably get anyone pretty quickly as the naive teen who tends to be easily manipulated. Glad to see Emma Frost did take a step forward with Shaw but clearly not far enough if she's still a Magneto underling years later.
    - Also was neat to see more of what Magneto/Xavier think about each other, a bit sad that in exchange for the X-Men scenes (of which we have yet to see enough of), we got some Magneto & Mutants scenes in exchange.
    - Not much Spiderman but understandable since this episode emphasized the mutant storyline more - but yay for Cindy Moon mention and yay for not having to deal too much with Spidey keeping his secret identity from friends... THAT SAID... considering Gwen and Spidey aren't really close close friends at this point, a bit jarring for him to admit it so early and for him to admit it to her instead of his bestest friend in Harry.
    - I did enjoy the scenes with the mob, it feels like really there's a 4th story aside from Spidey/Mutants/Iron Man with the Manfredi/Kingpin war, can't wait to see if those two ever physically collide and it was great to see the intrigue and betrayals with Hammerhead being with Kingpin. I wonder if you'll use Silver Sable as Manfredi's daughter which would excite me since she may end up as more than a damsel in distress. Ah just scrolled back up and realize it is indeed Sable Manfredi and you've got Emilia Clarke playing her <3
    - Glad to see first 'glimpse' at the Iron Man suit.

Things are still shaping up with each hero, quietly looking forward to seeing one of three in legit heroic action.
    Double post it is...

- I was expecting to see the end result of Alex going to assassinate Robert Kelly (he wouldn't be my first option for an assassination though) but I guess that'll wait. I did enjoy seeing the adventures of Erik and Charles as they go recruiting though again, hoping it isnt too long before we get more of the rest of the X-Men cast since its a Magneto/Xavier origin story exclusively atm, still you did treat us with glimpses at Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Beast and Wolverine so I can't get too mad.
    - Tony Stark's backstory seems to finally be complete so it looks like we might actually see Iron Man in action beyond his lab next episode, quite looking forward to that. Not too surprised that Stane was behind Tony's kidnapping, not a huge fan of his as a villain, wondering if we'll see him as one the entire season or if we'll get a new one before the end of the season.
    - Big moment was Spider-Man finally getting into action and things not going so well. Before I get to that, I was glad to see Sable being forceful, it seems she isn't the Silver Sable we're used to yet, though it does look like we're getting there which I'm quite happy with, wonder if you'll give old man Manfredi his suit of armor too (aye Manfredi vs. Ironman ). I'm cool with Spider-Man being an amateur, what I was curious about was his inability to take out Ox. I did some research and it seems Ox is known for his resistance to injury and super strength and I'm hoping these 'supernatural' abilities are why he was able to resist Spider-Man who's got beyond peak human strength himself.

Glad to see the mob wars finally coincide with the Spider-Man story but more importantly, seeing Spider-Man in action. In a way we got some action too in regards to the Magneto/Xavier adventures, actually would have enjoyed seeing Magneto/Xavier have more playful banter in the way they had during the movies, particularly when two rabid animals like Sabretooth and Wolverine are suddenly fighting next to them.

Thanks for the feedback Jon. I'm glad you are still enjoying my work with this Marvel project. I'll try and get back to all of your points down below and once again much appreciated by dude.

Episode 3

~ With Havok I can understand there is a fear of him being a bit of an annoying kid with him on Magneto's side. But what I love in his and Scott's story is that there is some genuine tragedy and as I'll try and explain where as Scott at least knew what it was like to have a father figure. Alex didn't and now Magneto's took that role. Which will make things all the more complicated when the two brothers meet again.
    ~ With Emma I don't want to spoil much about her character but you will see just why she is sticking with Magneto and that she very much is more than just a follower.
    ~ In regards to the X Men I agree that there has not been enough focus so far but as I hope you'll see from the next few episodes. My goal is to give them all there stories and all their reasons for being on the team
    ~ Peter admitting it to Gwen very much shows how amateurish he is. As whilst he likes Gwen and you'll see the feeling is mutual it was a risk considering just who her father is. But this again adds to what I said makes the Spiderman story different from my Batman or my X Men or my Iron man story. Is that Peter is a kid and he'll make mistakes like that.
    ~ The mob wars has been a delight to write for thus far. I dunno why but i always enjoy these kinda crime boss stories and I'm very much having the same feeling with this one. Sable as Silvermane's daughter does mean overtime you will see an evolution. As she will be so much more than just a damsel in distress.
    ~ As for the Iron Man suit. To give an idea of what one I've used atm I'm currently having Tony use the model 2 from this chart

Episode 4
    ~ With the flashbacks being a key point in this season of the X-Men story. What I'm going to say is I do agree that so far there has been limited screen time for many of the X-Team. But as with the appearances here I'm laying out ground work for every x-men character so that people are more than familiar with who they are and what they are about from the off.
    ~ Stark's suit is now complete and it will not take long for him to get out and use it I assure you. As for Stane if I'm honest with you he's a character I've never been overly big on myself either but he very much is the perfect first big bad for Tony to face and not to spoil too much but he is very much connected to the next season's big bad as well.
    ~ The mob war and Spiderman coming together so soon in some ways felt risky but at the same time I wanted to show that Spiderman was still learning. Which is why he struggled in the numbers game against some skilled combatants like Fancy Dan and Ox. Which is also good in a way as it means overtime I'll be able to show him learning from his mistakes and so forth. As for your comments in regards to Sable and Manfredi I don't want to give too much away with them but what I'll say is there is very much a long story being told here and there will be some really cool moments for both characters in the future.

Thanks once more for the comments Jon. I'm glad you are still enjoying my work.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

{Writers note: I know this episode is late and I'd like to apologize to my readers for that. In an effort to get the show up promptly and not hinder my schedule for the future what I've done is recapped several seasons near the end. I hope no one minds this and I promise things will be back on track in the coming weeks.}

True colors

Following his tense conversation with Obadiah Stane (Previous episode) a frustrated Tony Stark storms out from Stark Industries and begins to stomp his way down the long staircase leading out to the street. As he reaches the bottom of the steps Tony rushes towards his Orange Lamborghini parked outside the building but just as he puts his hand on the door handle he is alarmed by someone's presence behind him. Turning round quickly Tony comes face to face with Daily Bugle reporter Ben Urich. Urich looks to be in his early fifties and has graying brown hair. Dressed in a grey suit and wearing dark glasses Urich has a notepad in his right breast pocket whilst in his hand is a cigarette.

Stark: What do you want?

Urich: Mr.Stark. I didn't mean to creep up on you. I don't know if you remember me...

Stark: You're Ben Urich. You write for the Daily Bugle.

Urich nods his head as Stark continues.

Stark: You once called me an ignorant billionaire who was totally unaware of his status as an angel of death.

Urich: I didn't realize you was a fan of my work.

Stark: I'm not but i'll read anything that's about me.

Urich smirks as Tony just stares at him.

Tony: So do you still think that is the case?

Urich shakes his head.

Urich: Not if the rumors I'm hearing are true. That you want to stop weapons development at Stark Industries.

Tony this time nods his head as Urich looks on.

Urich: I've also heard that you are being frozen out of your own company following these statements.

Stark: No comment.

Urich: Then how would you like to respond to recent photos which have shown weaponry designed by your company which is now in the hands of a terrorist group known as the Ten Rings.. Who I'm sure you are familiar with.

Tony: How recent were these photos?

Urich: Only a few weeks old.

Shaking his head as his face reveals a look of disgust it is clear Tony is not happy with Urich's statement. Before Urich can follow up the angered Tony forces his car door open before climbing in the car and speeding off down the street.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashback
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following his confrontation with Sabretooth Wolverine is back inside his cabin as he stares coldly at his own reflection in the mirror. As the claw marks and bite marks slowly begin to heal both Erik Lehnsherr and Charles Xavier watch on in awe. Following taking a deep breath Wolverine then slowly turns to face both Charles and Eric.

Wolverine: So who was that?

Erik: I think the better question right now is who are you?

Clenching his fists in anger Wolverine's claws slowly begin to force their way out through his knuckles. On seeing this Erik starts to smirk as he uses his own abilities to force Wolverine to back up slowly against the wall.

Erik: You're not very bright are you?

Wolverine: You won't be either when I take your head off bub.

As Erik smirks arrogantly a concerned Charles stands up from his chair before he steps towards Wolverine.

Charles: Erik. Let him go.

Erik: But Charles. He's a...

Before Erik can finish his sentence Charles turns round and looks him in the eye.

Charles: Erik. Please let him go now.

Slowly Erik lowers his hand freeing Wolverine from his clutches. As Wolverine then takes a step forward the concerned Charles turns back to him.

Charles: I've looked into your mind. You don't know who you are do you?

Wolverine doesn't answer as a concerned Charles continues.

Charles: Do you not remember anything?

Wolverine: No.

Charles: And you do not know who any of those people were? Even that mutant who attacked you.

Wolverine: No.

Charles: I know you don't trust people easily or at all. But I want to help you.. We both want to help you and I will do whatever I can to help you remember who you are. I'm not asking you to put your faith in us right away. I'm just asking you to hear us out.

Wolverine: Alright.

Charles: So what do we call you?

Reaching for some silver dog tags around his neck Wolverine removes the tags before he throws them across to Charles. Charles catches the tags in his hands before he looks down at them and smiles.

Charles: It's nice to meet you Logan. My name is Charles Xavier.

Present Day

It is bright an early across New York as a black stretch Limousine pulls up outside the Kelly household in Queens. With his aide Steven Lang as well as chief of security Yuriko Oyama by his side senator Robert Kelly walks down from the steps of his home before he heads towards the limousine. With the driver standing to the side of the vehicle holding the car door open Robert Kelly makes his way towards the door but just as he is a few feet away from the door a large beam of energy hits the limo causing it to explode. The force of the blow sends Senator Kelly flying back down to the ground as his limo driver is instantly blown to pieces by the explosion. Lang is also sent flying back from the explosion whilst Oyama reaches for a gun on her belt only to hit with an energy blast herself which sends her flying down the street before she hits the windshield of a black SUV. In shock following the blast Kelly tries to pull himself towards the stairs towards his home when jumping down from the rooftop in front of him is Toad who is holding in his hands a video camera. As Senator Kelly recoils in disgust he is dragged to his feet by Blob whilst Havok watches on. Blob then puts Kelly over his shoulder before the three mutants start to flee as sirens can be heard in the distance.

As it gets later in the day a weary Gwen Stacy prepares to head off to bed after a long days work of studying. But just as she is about to pull the bed covers over herself she is alarmed when from the fire escape by her window she hears noises. Quickly rushing to her feet Gwen runs to the window where she is alarmed to see a beaten and bloodied Peter Parker wheezing as he pulls himself closer to her window. Quickly Gwen opens up the window before she helps ease Peter into the room. Still feeling the effects of his battle against the Enforcers as well as Silvermane's men Peter is sporting some nasty cuts and bruises on his face as well as torso whilst a concerned Gwen runs her hand through his hair.

Gwen: What happened?

Peter: I responded to a shoot out at the Manfredi estate...

Gwen gasps on hearing the name Manfredi.

Gwen: You chose to take on Silvermane Manfredi in your first act as a hero... You could have been killed.

Peter: But I wasn't.

Gwen: That's not the point. The point is you may be gifted but you don't even know what you are fully capable of yet.

Peter: So what are you trying to say? leave men like Silvermane on the street.

Gwen: No. I'm just saying don't try and take him on too soon. Start a little bit smaller.

Peter: And where can I exactly find smaller?

Gwen stares at Peter for a moment before she picks up from her bin the latest edition of the Daily Bugle. In the corner of one of the middle pages is news of a recent prison escapee known as Herman Schultz who is wanted for several robberies.

Gwen: He may not be Manfredi. But he still needs to be stopped.

Peter: I'll try but i'll need more information first.

Flashback

Having returned to the Xavier Mansion with Wolverine closely following Charles leads Logan towards his office whilst a still irritated Erik stands back before slowly turning and walking towards his own room. Once he is inside the room Erik shakes his head contemptuously before he throws a book across the room in anger. Taking a deep breath Eric then turns back to his door where he is surprised to see Raven Darkholme aka Mystique standing there.

Raven: Are you OK?

Eric: I thought we was supposed to be helping our kind. Yet all it seems Charles wants to do is hide us from man.

Raven: He wants to help. He wants to help us control our powers so we can live alongside the rest of the world in peace.

Eric: There will never be peace. When they find out what we are capable of there will be no such thing.

Raven: You sound like Shaw.

Eric: That's because Shaw is right.

Raven gasps in horror as Eric continues.

Eric: Think about it. You have the ability to shift into any person you so choose. If his teachings stand we'd never see the real you. The truth is we are the future and it's time we embrace it.

Present Day

As news stations across the state focus on the kidnapping of Senator Robert Kelly at the hands of the Brotherhood. Inside the Xavier Institute Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Beast and Storm all watch one of the reports before a frustrated Cyclops switches off the tv.

Cyclops: Magneto can't even do his own dirty work. He's using my brother for his own ends.

Jean: We'll find him Scott and we'll break whatever hold Magneto has on him.

Storm: But we have to find the Senator first. Because if they kill him everything Kelly has said about Mutants will be true. The world will see us as threats.

Wolverine: You can't be serious about finding him?

Beast: Storm is right. If they kill Kelly then Kelly with become a martyr.

?: They won't kill Kelly.

Slowly the X Men team turn to the doorway where Charles Xavier is now sitting in his wheel chair looking at them.

Cyclops: What makes you so sure?

Xavier: That attack was brazen and in the open. It was too reckless for Magneto.

Jean: You think it is a trap don't you?

Xavier: I do. At the same time Storm is right we need to save Mr.Kelly.

Wolverine: And how will we find him?

Xavier: Cerebro.

After completing another heist this time in a bank in New York. Herman Schultz and his gang hastily pull up down a back alleyway beside a run down industrial building. Quickly stepping out from the car with blood on his shirt is a panicked Hammer Harrison whilst following him closely is an equally panicked Flint Marko. As the duo rush into the building calmly Herman Schultz steps out of the vehicle with a bag filled with money and slowly he follows them. Once they are inside the building Herman drops the bag on the floor as Hammer paces back and forth.

Herman: is there a problem?

Hammer: We left him there.. We left Snake there for the police.

Herman: With the wound he suffered at the hands of that security guard he'll be dead by the time the police get there.

Flint: That's not helping Herman.

Herman remains stoic as Hammer looks at him in disgust.

Herman: You need to calm down.

Hammer: Calm down.... Snake Marston was my friend. We grew up together and now he's dead because of you.

Herman: He's dead because he got careless. It's not my fault he didn't follow the plan.

Hammer glares at Herman before he quickly draws his gun. Marko for his part watches on anxiously as Herman just stares at Hammer.

Herman: You lost your friend. For that I'm sorry but it wasn't my fault. Things simply just happen in this life and whilst I didn't like leaving him to die either. But it happened now this is plan B. We just have to make the best of it. Improvise, Adapt to new environment, Thrive to survive and all that.Whatever happens we just have to roll with it.

Hammer: And that's all he is to you? A part of a failed plan?

Herman doesn't answer as Hammer glances down at the bag of money by Herman's feet.

Hammer: But you make a valid point. We do have to improvise and I'm improvising here by taking you out of your own plan.

As Herman remains quiet this time Marko is the one who draws his gun and points it at Hammer.

Marko: I can't let you do that I'm afraid. Without the boss here there are no more plans and no more plans mean no more money.

Herman: Relax Flint. It's alright.

Both Flint and Hammer look confused as Herman picks up the bag of money.

Herman: Let me make you a counter offer. Hammer you can take the money.. All of it and leave now. You'll never have to deal with us again. But if you take a shot at me Flint here will shoot you and take all the money himself. So choose retirement or death?

Hammer: I'll take the money.. And the car keys.

Herman smirks as he nods his head before he tosses the bag across to Hammer. Hammer catches the bag and Herman then slides the keys along the ground to him. Quickly grabbing the keys Hammer rushes out of the building and heads to the car when suddenly there is a loud bang as a small device goes off from inside the back pack. The money flies up in the air as Hammer's charred remains hit the ground hard.

Marko: What did you do?

Herman: I slipped one of the last few explosives we had in the bag. I had a feeling he may do something stupid.

Marko: So what do we do now?

Herman: We adapt. First we find another crew and then we make a new plan.

Flashback

As he stands in front of a large map of the world a smug Sebastian Shaw begins to carrying on plotting his plans for the future with Emma Frost watching on closely. Meanwhile in the distance both Riptide and Azazel are standing together as they continue talking whilst Sabretooth is in the corner of the room staring out of the window. As the minutes tick by and Shaw continues his plotting something clearly catches Sabretooth's eye as he begins to seethe. Quickly Shaw and his team rush over to the window of the Auschwitz camp turned lair and much to Shaw's surprise both Erik Lehnsherr as well as Raven Darkholme make their way through the crushed remains of the iron gate outside of the camp.

Quickly Sabretooth jumps down from the window and charges towards Erik but Erik uses his powers to raise several steel pipes from under the ground and impale Sabretooth. Both Azazel and Riptide then teleport down onto the ground but Erik is able to also pin them down with pipes. Clapping his hands together as he walks out through the doors of the camp Sebastian Shaw seems to be impressed as Emma Frost closely follows. Calling Erik his prized pupil Shaw says he is happy to see how much he has progressed. Emma stands by and she speaks up on looking through Erik's mind saying that Erik is coming around to Shaw's way of thinking.

This causes Shaw to smile with pride as he steps towards Erik and Raven before he states that mutants are the future and that the belief that mutants can live alongside humans is foolish. Because even as they speak there are humans out there experimenting on their mutant brothers and sisters for their own ends and that soon they would be the first to draw blood in what will turn out to be a costly war. Whilst a dubious Raven watches on Erik steps towards Sebastian before he holds his arms out looking for a hug. Erik steps forward and Shaw hugs him before he says he always knew Erik would one day come back to him.

With a cold look in his eyes Erik says without Shaw he wouldn't be able to have accomplished anything with his abilities and for that he thanks him. At the same time he could never forgive the man who killed his parents. Stepping back Shaw looks at Erik in disgust when suddenly pieces of barbwire from the fencing latch round Shaw's body and neck. As Shaw gasps for breath he looks over at Emma and asks why didn't she warn him. Coldly Emma says what she saw from Shaw's mind was pathetic but with what she sees from Erik. With what she can see he is capable of.. It is Erik who will lead the mutants to a better world.

With the Barbwire wrapped tightly around his neck and body Shaw eventually starts to bleed out from his wounds whilst a horrified Riptide and Azazel free themselves and Sabretooth from their binds. Coldly Erik then turns to the mutants including Raven before he decrees that Mutants are the future and it's time they make that future a reality.

Present Day

After her father's house was attacked in the previous episode a shaken up Sable Manfredi is being checked up on by doctors in her hospital room whilst outside an angered Silvermane Manfredi is standing by with Tombstone. Disgusted at the attack on his home Silvermane tells Tombstone he wants revenge on this Wilson Fisk and that he wants to cut the legs right out from under this big man as soon as possible. Tombstone nods his head when suddenly Captain George Stacy walks towards the two of them. Silvermane doesn't seem happy with Stacy's presence and he demands to know what he wants. Quickly George makes it clear that he isn't there to talk to Silvermane but he is here to talk to Sable.

Walking into the room George politely nods his head to the doctor who quickly excuses herself from the room. This leaves Captain Stacy with Sable Manfredi and George is quick to get down to business as he asks what happened to her. Pleading ignorant Sable claims she has no idea as to who attacked her family or why anyone would for that matter. Changing tact George mentions how despite what Sable may believe he is trying to look out for her best interests. Saying how he has a daughter her age and he'd hate for anything to happen to her it seems George manages to reach Sable as he asks about some webbing found at the scene.

This makes Sable look confused as she says that webbing wasn't from one of her attackers. But from someone who tried to save her. Quickly George follows up by saying he needs a name as that man is wanted for murder. Showing no hesitation Sable quickly says he called himself Spiderman. With that before Stacy could ask any more questions Ssable made it clear that she'd like a lawyer present.

Chained up to a chair to a chair inside a dimly lit room. A panicked Robert Kelly can hear several noises in the darkness as he demands to know where he is and what is going on. From the shadows slowly a smirking Toad walks towards Kelly with a video camera in his hand. Much to Kelly's annoyance Toad repeatedly sticks the camera in his face as he demands the senator give his thoughts on his current situation to the world. Angered by Toad's antics Kelly makes the mistake of calling Toad an abomination like all the other mutant scum in the world.

With that the lights in the room switch on and an angered Magneto is standing by with the rest of the Brotherhood. Kelly demands to know what they want from him but Magneto simply turns to Sabretooth before he calmly informs him to enjoy himself. With a menacing smile Sabretooth begins to advance towards Kelly who starts to panic and cry out for help when just as Sabretooth is about to lunge at the senator he is met with an optic blast by Cyclops. This sends Sabretooth flying backwards as Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey and Beast all rush into the room.

The Brotherhood all for their part seem ready to fight when suddenly Magneto steps forward. With his hands held out to his sides Magneto urges the X-Men to consider his offer. That no mutant blood needs to be spilled today. Instead he'd like to give the X-Men a chance to help mutant kind for the better by allowing them to kill the Senator. This does not sit well with any of the X-Men team as Storm speaks up and says if Robert Kelly dies here everything he has said about mutants will be true. Shaking his head in disappointment Magneto says the world already sees mutants as something to be fearful of. Now it's time to show them why.

Magneto then orders his Brotherhood to kill the Senator but quickly they are thwarted by the combined efforts of the X Men team. As Storm encases the room in a thick fog quickly Cyclops runs through the fog only to be hit with a hard energy blast by Havok. Havok advances towards his older brother and it looks like he is set to blast him again when Beast quickly sends him flying back with a dropkick which sends Havok flying into both Mystique and Emma Frost. Magneto does not look impressed as he orders his Brotherhood to fight another day but as they go to flee Scott prepares to hit Magneto with one of his blasts only for Toad to use his tongue to pull Scott's visor from his face.

This causes Scott to lose control his powers as he fires optic beams wildly around the room nearly taking out his own team allowing the Brotherhood to flee. As Jean quickly uses her powers to shield the team Scott is able to put his visor back on as Wolverine starts to cut Kelly free.

Flashback

Making his return back to the Xavier Mansion Erik Lehnsherr has a smirk on his face as he is closely followed by the group of Emma Frost, Raven Darkholme, Sabretooth, Riptide and Azazel. But as they reach the front drive of the building Erik is surprised to see a disappointed Charles Xavier standing by with Wolverine, Storm, Jean Grey and Hank McCoy. Despite his surprise Erik remains upbeat as he reveals that Shaw is dead but much to his disappointment Charles seems disgusted by the news as he says he knows what Erik has done and he knows what Erik wants to do.

Calling themselves the future Erik says he no longer wants to be associated with the humans which is why from now on he will be called by his real name.. Magneto. This only adds to Charles' disappointment as he then looks over at Raven and asks why she chose to align herself with Erik. But Raven refuses to answer Charles until she also says she is done being referred to by her human name as well which is why she will be called Mystique from now on. Unable to hide his disgust Charles says all he has ever wanted was to help protect mutants and help them control their powers. Not have them use their powers as weapons on the rest of the world.

Erik says that they are the future of the human race and that the second the humans realize that they will begin plotting against them. Charles says that does not have to be the case as mutants and humans can live side by side along with one another. Sneering on hearing Charles' sentiment Erik says it is clear that they must agree to disagree before he issues Charles with a warning. That warning being if he sides with the humans in the inevitable war Erik will be forced to treat him just like all those others who are against them.

{Charles}
    "I saw it the day I met Erik that he had the potential to be a great leader. Unfortunately the anger inside of him took over and instead of helping mutant kind in the real world. He looked to use mutants as a weapon to take the world for himself. Which caused many battles between us. Battles which left us both with scars. Battles which claimed lives. Cost me my ability to walk and unfortunately the more times these battles carried on. All I could sense from Erik was his desire to go much bigger in whatever his endgame was."

Present Day

As he returns to his home Tony Stark looks to be surprised as he sees waiting for him by one of his many sports cars parked in the drive is James Rhodes. Rhodes for his part appears to be concerned as he reveals there are rumors circulating that Tony is being frozen out of his own company. Confirming the rumors are true Tony says he is trying to fight this by any means possible because he knows for a fact that the person who is doing this to him is also responsible for Stark weaponry being distributed over the black market to several terrorist groups.

Rhodes appears to be stunned by Tony's comments as he asks him if he has any proof about such accusations. Shaking his head Tony says he doesn't but he intends to get some proof no matter the cost. Quickly Rhodes says to Tony he is concerned about what is happening to him as of late and more specifically how he is acting but Tony is quick to respond that he has always trusted James Rhodes and that he knows despite how he may act that Rhodes always has had faith in him. Rhodes nods his head and Tony then says he has a way to get some proof all he needs to know is if Rhodes still has that faith. After James nods his head Tony smirks before he invites him to come to his lab as he has something to show him.

After a long days work following his earlier meeting with Tony Stark. A weary and worn out Ben Urich begins to make his way out of the Daily Bugle building before he begins his nightly walk home down several streets leading from 39th avenue. But as Urich takes a short cut down a back alleyway he is stunned to hear a noise come from behind him. Quickly the reporter turns round and much to his shock he comes face to face with Spiderman. Urich is quickly taken aback by Spiderman as he is quick to mention remembering hearing details about a web shooting killer.

Spiderman makes it clear he never killed Carradine and what happened was an accident despite what others may say. Nodding his head Urich agrees as he said he heard how Spiderman saved Sable Manfredi despite who her father is. But Urich is also quick to mention that his boss for one is not a fan of his. Spiderman asks what Urich thinks of him and Urich says he thinks he wants to make a difference and he supports that. Nodding his head Spiderman says that is the case and he wants to begin by stopping a man known as Herman Schultz.

Urich smiles on hearing the name as he is quick to bring up how he wrote an article on Schultz calling him a dangerous criminal who needed to be brought to justice. Carrying on Urich says in his research he found that Herman by all accounts has a brilliant mind. In speaking with some of his former friends and teachers they all said he is highly intelligent. Unfortunately he is also ruthless and it has long been Ben's belief that Herman isn't doing this for the money but more for the thrill of each of his plans coming together. Urich also states that Herman usually works with three others with many times him being responsible for some of his own teams' deaths should they not follow the plan.

Spiderman asks who is apart of his team at the minute and Urich quickly mentions Flint Marko. Describing Marko as a low level thug it appears he is very much in it for the money as Urich says in his checks he sees that Marko has a wife and a daughter he needs to provide for. Urich also reveals that Herman's 2 other gang members have both been found dead which means he'll be recruiting probably for his next heist. As Spiderman nods his head he thanks Urich for his help before climbing up the wall and leaping across to the adjacent rooftop all the while the reporter looks on in awe.

Post credit scene

Later on that evening Obadiah Stane steps out of his car outside of a now heavily secured industrial building. After he nods his head to the security they stand back and allow him entry into the building. Once he walks inside the building it becomes apparent this industrial building is in fact a laboratory. Walking into a large opening in the lab Obadiah appears delighted as he sees both Jack Taggert as well as Gregor Shapanka working on pieces of temperature based weaponry. Taggert is standing by a large case which has inside a large metal suit of armor which has many different kinds of weaponry attached to it including guns, cannons and missile launchers.

As Obadiah looks on impressed Taggert goes on to explain this is the Firepower project he wanted Obadiah to see. Obadiah asks about the weaponry and Taggert is quick to respond that thanks to Obadiah's black market connections he has been able to get some of the most powerful not to mention destructive weaponry possible for the suit. Looking round the lab Obadiah then asks as to the location of Gregor Shapanka when much to his amazement a steel door nearby opens up before Shapanka emerges wearing an armored snow white as well as dark blue suit which has several spikes coming out of both the shoulders and the forearms.

With a smirk on his face the delighted Stane says he is glad to see the Blizzard suit up and running but now he has to ask about the final project. Shapanka says he has gone over the blue prints and now all he is waiting on is the parts. This clearly doesn't sit well with Obadiah as he asks what is taking so long only to have Shapanka respond by saying the Ten Rings are saying Obadiah has not lived up to his end of the bargain. Gritting his teeth in anger Stane says it looks like it's time he goes and meets with the leader of the Ten Rings himself!

Cast in Order of appearance
    David Duchovny as Ben Urich
    Mads Mikkelsen as Erik Lehnsherr
    Terry O'Quinn as Charles Xavier
    Leland Orser as Robert Kelly
    Benedict Samuel as Steven Lang
    Tao Okamoto as Yuriko Oyama
    David Belle as Toad
    Wade Williams as Blob
    Max Thierot as Havok