Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creed 2 (2017)

Status
      Country                    United States

Creed 2 (2017)

Creed 2 Gets a Tentative November 2017 Release Date

With $120 million at the worldwide box office and now a Best Supporting actor Golden Globe for Sylvester Stallone, it’s no wonder that MGM CEO Gary Barber is moving so aggressively to get a sequel to Creed on the fast track. Barber has told Variety that the current plan is for Creed 2 to land in theaters in November of 2017, which may spell the end of director Ryan Coogler helming the second installment. Coogler is currently in talks to direct Marvel Studios’ Black Panther for a February 16, 2018 release, thus precluding him from simultaneously making Creed 2.

Just last week Stallone predicted as much, saying that“There’s a diminishing time acceptance of a sequel. Three years is a little much.” Three years is the amount of time it will take until Coogler would be available after making the superhero movie.

It’s all but assured that if MGM moves forward on Creed 2 without Coogler, the 29-year-old wunderkind will remain onboard as an executive producer and possibly guide another young filmmaker such as himself to recapture the lightning in a bottle they had this time out. Coogler has even had discussions with Stallone for the next installment, which could potentially mirror Rocky IV or even take a page from The Godfather Part II playbook and feature recurring flashbacks to Apollo Creed before his death.

“You’ll have him face a different opponent, which I would say is a more ferocious, big Russian,” Stallone says. “There’s a lot there.”

Coogler directed Creed from a screenplay he wrote with Aaron Covington, based on characters from the Rocky series written by Sylvester Stallone. The film was being produced by Robert Chartoff, Irwin Winkler, Charles Winkler, William Chartoff, David Winkler, Kevin King Templeton and Sylvester Stallone, with Nicholas Stern executive producing.
    Will we be seeing Stallone dying in this film similar to Mickey?

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Creed 2 (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Creed 2 Gets a Tentative November 2017 Release Date

Pretty much and I bet I can predict the result of fight at the end of the movie.

People's Champion

Status

Rocky dying? You guys are terrible. Horrible thought.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Status

Stallone himself has said that he doesn't see a Rocky reboot and that having the character die would fit the cycle the films have shown.

Boobage Expert

Status

I don't know how I feel about a sequel, felt like Creed ended the Rocky saga on a good note. But if he does die it will be a fitting end.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status

Drago confirmed for Creed II as Stallone finishes script

In a new Instagram post, Rocky creator Sylvester Stallone confirmed several things about MGM‘s in-development Creed II. For one, that he himself has written the full script, or at least what will serve as the basis for the script, after Ryan Coogler and Aaron Covington wrote the last one by themselves. Second, he has solidified what many had assumed for a while, which is that Dolph Lundgren’s Ivan Drago, and probably his offspring, will be involved in a big bloody battle with Adonis Creed in the ring.

With 2015’s Creed earning over $173 million at the worldwide box office and a Best Supporting actor Golden Globe win and an Oscar nod for Sylvester Stallone, MGM was said to be bullish about getting a sequel on the fast track. The original plan was for Creed II to land in theaters in November of 2017, which would not allow Ryan Coogler time to direct given his commitment to deliver Marvel Studios’ Black Panther for a February 16, 2018 release. However, since Stallone has only now finished the script, it is possible Coogler could come back, although he also has the Atlanta school drama Wrong Answer in development with Michael B. Jordan to star.

Even without Coogler directing, the 31-year-old wunderkind will remain onboard as an executive producer and possibly guide another young filmmaker such as himself. Coogler’s previous discussions with Stallone for the next installment had the story potentially mirror Rocky IV, or even take a page from The Godfather Part II playbook and feature recurring flashbacks to Apollo Creed before his death.

“You’ll have him face a different opponent, which I would say is a more ferocious, big Russian,” Stallone said previously. “There’s a lot there.”

Coogler directed Creed from a screenplay he wrote with Aaron Covington, based on characters from the Rocky series written by Sylvester Stallone. The film was produced by Robert Chartoff, Irwin Winkler, Charles Winkler, William Chartoff, David Winkler, Kevin King Templeton and Sylvester Stallone, with Nicholas Stern executive producing.
    Man this sounds so cheesy, but Stallone was great in the last one, and Michael B Jordan was a dynamic lead.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I really liked Creed and I heard the rumors months ago with Drago and is Son possibly being apart of the second film, just hope the story is done in the right way. Adonis Creed is going to want to take all the anger of losing his Father and not being able to be able to raised by him. I would think though from the character development he had in the first film he would be passed that. You would think Drago by this time around would be remorseful for killing his Father.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 07-23-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Possibly... although being as it will inevitably be compared to Rocky II they may save that for number three so that it can either cap off the trilogy or serve as a way to usher in a second trilogy for Creed on his own without Rocky's guiding hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I really liked Creed and I heard the rumors months ago with Drago and is Son possibly being apart of the second film, just hope the story is done in the right way. Adonis Creed is going to want to take all the anger of losing his Father and not being able to be able to raised by him. I would think though from the character development he had in the first film he would be passed that. You would think Drago by this time around would be remorseful for killing his Father.
    I think if you want to make it interesting you have Drago be remorseful but also playing the supportive father to a young and up and coming boxer who sees a way to make a name for himself off of the dynamic between his family and Adonis'; he's hungry for fame, success, money and titles and so he takes it too far, saying a fight between him and Adonis would end the same way the fight between their fathers did... and while Drago doesn't approve he sits back and let's his son forge his own path. There's some great material there and I think Dolph Lundgren would enjoy stretching those particular acting muscles as well.

I'm not sure how I feel about Stallone writing this time around but he's got previous with the characters and the genre so I won't get too worried, I just hope that he doesn't over-ride the younger voices on the team, such as Coogler and whoever ends up directing, because Creed was a phenomenal story and really spoke to a younger generation and a different market than Sly is used to appealling to.

My fingers are all crossed that this lives up to the first.

Hail To The King

Status

I like Micheal B Jordan alot I loved creed and def will see 2nd

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Here's an official poster.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Loved this first Trailer gave me chills with the Music, the Scenes and the importance of this story going back to Rocky 4.

Rocky: "Your father died right here in my arms"

Real Women of Genius

Status

Pretty cool trailer, the whole Drago rehash is kinda cheesy. I loved the first one, so I have high hopes for this one.

Status

Here's a new character poster.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

After seeing the trailer, I’m hyped for the film. If anything it’s going to have a very good box office given Jordan’s performance in Black Panther. I know Stallone still lent a hand to the writing and they had Coker who wrote and was showrunner for Luke Cage, so hopefully we still get that youthful voice. I am hoping that Drago Sr. Does show a semblance of remorse and not just be hoky movie villain because I loved the more grounded real world approach to Creed

Mid-Card Champion

Status

The posters look good, too.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Really looking forward to this. I thought the trailer was really good and I'm having to keep myself from getting too hyped about this now because the first film was just so fucking good and I don't wanna go in with expectation this one cannot hope to meet.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Second Trailer for Creed. He broke things in me that never been fixed shit!! Who's dick do I need to suck to see this right now?

Real Women of Genius

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

​All in for this movie. It looks fantastic. Can't wait.

Status

Trailer looks awesome, can't friggin wait.

Hail To The King

Status

One golden globe for Sly can we get this man an oscar? Stallone was so good in first if his performence is half it was hes bringing an oscar home

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Thread Information