Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Trade Machine Game

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

NBA Trade Machine Game

Just something kind of off the cuff I thought I could do that would add some fun, give everyone a chance to show off their creativity and put on their GM cap.

The plan: Basically everyone sets forward a trade scenario using the NBA Trade Machine following the rules of a pre-determined scenario that we'll all talk about hypotheticals and laugh at Nash when all his trades end up heavily one-sided in favor of the Cavs. At the end of the week we rank the trades (or pick the best one, but I don't know if we'd get enough people to where that'd be interesting. We'll see.) and the winner gets to pick the next weeks scenario.

The rules: Restrictions and such in general are imposed on a weekly basis but in general try to be at least a little realistic. This is supposed to be fun, not just trying to find a way to fit LeBron into your team's salary cap. Voting should be based on whose trade fits the criteria the best AND both teams have to be able to accept. If it benefits both teams you did it right.

Potential Scenarios: Any you could think of, as big or small as you like, as simple or as you like. For example:

- Try to tear down middling team X to put them in the best position to rebuild for the future and acquire assets
    - Have 4 team trade that must involve Cole Aldrich and Andrea Bargnani
    - Trade every player on the Utah Jazz to multiple teams
    - Clear cap space to get under the cap while still remaining competitive as possible

For scenario 1: I'm starting simple here since it's super likely to actually happen. To get everyone into a groove...you're Phil Jackson. Your team is awful. Your only solace is laughing at your wife behind her back for running an even worse franchise. You actually made a good pick for once in Porzingis and your dumbass fans booed him to hell. Life sucks. And on top of that you have 20 million in a player that doesn't add any wins. The stress is too much. You HAVE to get rid of him today or you're retiring for good this time.
    Goals: Trade Carmelo Anthony from New York.
    Restrictions:
    1. The Knicks can receive no more than 2 draft picks from the 2016 Draft on.
    2. The asshole has a no trade clause. I'm not Carmelo, thank God, but we can presume he won't be relocating to Utah anytime soon. So I was lenient, but still: Big markets or title contenders. With the exception of Golden State because LMAO. Explain why Carmelo would actually want to play somewhere.

Hit us with your best shot, people.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NBA Trade Machine Game

And here is the trade machine itself if you have no idea what the heck I'm on about.

espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

User Profiles Suck

Status

Great idea, but Melo is my fantasy bae. He's going somewhere where he actually gets to shoot the ball 100% of the time instead of just your standard 70%
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

As an example of what I'm looking for I offer up my deal:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=qj77z7h (+ The Wizards' 2016 1st Round Pick/Knicks release Sasha Vujacic & Lance Thomas)

Why it works:
    For Carmelo: He teams up in the Nation's capital with Beal and Wall in attempt to form a superpower and I scoff at that notion. Golden One is excited to see this team.

For the Wiz: They really don't have to give up anyone important to get a star player you can sell as the missing piece of the puzzle. You're confident Carmelo leads you to the playoffs.

For the Knicks: The team's going nowhere. Oubre with seasoning could become a building block. Humphries is a throw-in. But look at all that dough coming off the cap next year. Especially with everything expanding the Knicks are in position to offer the world to any free agent, if not multiple. And they have a lottery pick, plus if Carmelo doesn't drag the Wiz out of that hole you suddenly have two Lottery picks. The future's pretty darn bright for once.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Great idea, but Melo is my fantasy bae. He's going somewhere where he actually gets to shoot the ball 100% of the time instead of just your standard 70%
    I want to see him go to Houston so him Harden can just disintegrate that team and we find out who the league's most selfish player is.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Great idea, Zero. This is why I nominated you for mod of the year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zfs5z98 (+ the 2017 top-5 protected 1st rounder from Heat and 2016 2nd-rounder from Suns)

Why it works

Heat: They get Carmelo, giving him easily the best roster he's played with outside of the Olympics or All-Star games, and are the legitimate threat to win the title. A starting lineup of Dragic, Wade, Carmelo, Bosh and Whiteside plus rotation guys like Green, McRoberts and Johnson. We saw the Heat with LeBron. They don't need more than an eight-man rotation to win a title. They won't need it here. If anyone can turn Carmelo into the perfect fit on a balanced offensive team, Pat Riley can do it. And I think Spo can make Carmelo a plus defender again.

Knicks: You get rid of your biggest salary cap chain while also acquiring two expirings (Deng and Anderson) and basically a first-rounder (Winslow). Also get a top-10 protected 1st rounder in 2017 to boot. That's not a bad haul for Phil and the Knicks. Let Porzingis and Winslow be the future core of your team. Become the East's version of the Twolves.

Suns: They grab Amare, who if healthy can provide 10 minutes off the bench, for a future 2nd rounder. Suns can do the whole "coming home" angle with him similar to KG in Minnesota and also get a decent bench guy for a Western Conference playoff push.

Note: Had I figured out how to use the trade exceptions, I would've booted the Suns and kept Amare in Miami.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 12-15-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

As an aside, I wouldn't like Carmelo with the Wizzies. Dislike getting rid of Nene and Dudley and don't think Beal can hold up to make it a three-headed monster. I think Melo would rot there. Even Hollinger hates the trade. He says everyone gets worse. Also screws up their chances of landing Durant from a financial and on-court mentality. I'd much rather Melo in Utah -- even though you dislike the Jazzers -- but I don't think he'd waive the no-trade clause to go West.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Really fun idea. There's about 10 teams that could try and go all in on Melo, but only about 5-6 seem realistic. I might end up doing a few different proposals.

Here's my trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ppbk8nl

Celtics get: Carmelo Anthony and Lou Amundson
    Knicks get: David Lee, Tyler Zeller, James Young, 1st Round Pick (Nets), 2nd Round Pick (Sixers)

Celtics: They don't really have that go-to shooting threat unless you count IT, who CAN get hot but isn't really the caliber go-to guy that Melo is. He would give the Celtics has major boost offensively and give the fans even more optimism. They shed David Lee's huge expiring contract as well as some filler cap space in Zeller and Young. They get back Amundson who won't really play much ahead of Olynyk, Sullinger, Johnson, etc, but he provides good veteran leadership and is reliable when called upon. They give up two picks and a big one in the Nets pick which will most likely be a top 3 pick, but it's worth it to get Melo. Plus they have 6 other picks in 2016. SIX!

Knicks: They get Lee's homecoming on the expiring to provide similar veteran leadership like Amundson, and can provide a solid 15 minutes off the bench while mentoring the PorzinGOAT. The main reason they do this deal though is for the unprotected Brooklyn pick. Obviously they give up their main scoring threat in Melo, but building around Porzingis is worth the short term pain to get that pick that could potentially turn into BEN SIMMONS~! Obviously the chances of them getting ahead of the Sixers and Lakers is slim, but you never know with the lottery.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

I like the Celtics trade. Them, the Bulls, the Heat and the darkhorse Pistons are my favorite options in the East.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

I'd like the Bulls to explore the options, but they really don't have any. They only viable options would be to get rid of Noah or Rose, and they aren't going to do that. They literally don't have the contracts to work a successful trade. Unless they wanted to give up BOTH Pau and Taj, plus guys like Snell, Niko, etc, it's just not happening.

-----------------

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zuvnmoh is the only trade that makes sense.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zuvnmoh is the only trade that makes sense.
    That is not a Melo trade. You have been disqualified.

But yeah, if we give up any of our younger talent, it's gotta be Niko and Snell. I really don't want to part with Dougie and ESPECIALLY Portis. He's completely off limits.

-----------------

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    That is not a Melo trade. You have been disqualified.
    I was saying just in general.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

"Alright, Carmelo, you're going to stand right here and we're going to hire Donald Trump to build a fucking wall."

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hcnh66k

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

AH! I almost want to revise my Heat proposal to include Whiteside. He's a goner after this season. He might be perfect to make the Knicks trade Carmelo without needing to send a future 1st-rounder.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j2guugk Oof. Nevermind. Stick to the first proposal, Pat!
    Last edited by The Golden One; 12-15-2015 at 04:53 PM.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

The Osiris

Status

I know this is a little off topic, but I don't think any team should trade for Melo. 1. He isn't a championship caliber player so much as a stat line. He doesn't have the "it". 2. I can't think of any team that he can really help realistically. Teams would have to give up the pieces that would make a Melo proposition work in the first place. The sum of the parts wouldn't equal the necessary whole.

Melo will join that group with Barkley, Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Dwight Howard and Chris Paul as HOF players that never rung.

If Melo does ring, it will be as a 2 or 3 player on a solid team.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
    LMAO Lucas I had a similar trade except Sullinger instead of Zeller, but it was based around Lee making his return and switched off at the last second to the Wizards. My only real problem is giving up that pick is gonna be tough, that's got a legit chance of being #1 and jmo with that contract Melo's really not worth it. But I do think their coaching staff would get the best out of him.

Goldy, your trade works in a similar vein as mine. It would just depend on how confident the Knicks are that the Wizards can stay out of the playoffs because if so I think that's a huge steal. The Heat's pick will probably be in the 20s and not that great, though paired with Winslow is solid.

RE: My trade, I hope Hollinger and his flawed PER hate all my trades. Take it from a Grizz fan, he doesn't have a very good eye for trades. But why would the Wiz care about giving up those guys? Nené's always injured and everyone trades Dudley. Fair point about them not wanting to fall out of the Durant sweepstakes though.

I also would love Yeezus' analysis of the Heat trading Whiteside.

I don't hate Utah btw, just that was the least likeliest team I could think of that Carmelo would want to go to.
    Last edited by Zero; 12-15-2015 at 05:56 PM.
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I also would love Yeezus' analysis of the Heat trading Whiteside.
    He'd despise it, I think, but Whiteside most likely won't be in Miami come July 4, 2016. One way of thinking is to get something for him before he leaves.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

On Vacation

Status

Bro, I'm absolutely against trading Carmelo Anthony. Fuck that noise. That's my dude.

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

I also pretty much agree on everything Enzo said besides Carmelo & Dwight being HOF'ers. (CP3 probably is though as much as it pains me to say) I also think that the Knicks will be better off without him in a year and whoever gets him is flushing any sort of title hopes down the toilet. Especially if they do something like that Miami trade. (Not just trading Whiteside because Goldy did make a good point but moving half their team would be craziness even Hollinger would shudder at)

Quote Originally Posted by OG Kid
    Bro, I'm absolutely against trading Carmelo Anthony. Fuck that noise. That's my dude.
    I don't think it's a dead set lock or anything, but it really is probably time for a change in that organization. Also think all the rumors around KD really increased the chances they move Carmelo. But regardless it was just the easiest and most realistic scenario I could think of to start this off with. Just as a NY fan which one do you like the best so far? (Also feel free to make a wild homer-riffic one of your own)
    Mercedes McQueen

Bitch~

Thread Information