Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Trade Machine Game

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Re: NBA Trade Machine Game

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gwj4m7y

Mine is a little different

For NY: Getting rid of that salary and adding players that would fit the system better and are easier pieces to move later then a 22 million dollar contract

For Hou: They get rid of Howard and get a stretch 4 and Melo. Harden/Melo together could be interesting

For DET: Yes this is a weird deal for them but SVG switches up his style a little bit and you get the twin towers of Howard/Drummond to pair with a mix of Jackson/KCP/Johnson/Morris/etc. Howard being paired with SVG could do well

Harley Quinn and Stirling for the win

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States
    Goldy: I can't see the Pelicans doing that, it'd have to be a guaranteed pick because they could get something more definitive. Also agree with Lucas that Rubio/Payton together would be a recipe for disaster. Also I think if necessary they'd start Payton ahead of Rubio. Although Rubio is a better playmaker, Payton's better defensively, younger and more upside, and is "their guy". Like the haul for Sac-town and Minnesota though. Love Dieng and Anderson and like Fournier better than Ben-Mac. So yeah, half and half.

*I need to edit the opening post*

Yeez: FWIW Jordan is a strong defender and one of the league's best rebounders, but he's definitely no Cousins. Your deal already loses already since you hope Stephenson turns it around. I actually like it as is on ESPN though. The Clippers get an upgrade over Griffin and Sac-town would have never expected to get as close to equal value as Blake and the Pelicans would love this deal getting rid of Asik's awful contract. Only gripe is Rivers going for

Collison. The Kings wouldn't want Rivers, & the Clips wouldn't want to give him up with Doc. You did good though, I like these fun trades plus Griffin getting traded to the Kings would be hilarious in the same way as Boogie to Philly. Ultimate hoops karma. Hope Whiteside stays with the Heat. (Or signs with the Grizz)

-

Nash: I'd both hate and love this trade. On one hand it does kinda work and with his as mentioned issues Thabo going to NY would be awesomely funny. However Carmelo's the antithesis of the Hawks' style and he'd totally ruin the bigs' games. On top of that who's running point for Atlanta? I would if I were NY, not ATL though.

SoP: You have a trade that Hollinger likes! ...A very bad sign. I like this for both Detroit with one caveat: One, there's no way a Harden & Carmelo tandem can work together successfully imo. Two: How would Drums react to having another big? They just let Monroe go so he can break out. NY would need more than this, though Jennings is a very "Knicks" player to me.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status
    Here, I came up with a second Boogie trade in the interest of filling my quota of 1 realistic trade and one crazy and fun but secretly smart deals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pds77yk (T'Wolves get 2016 2nds from the Magic & Kings along with the option/rights of swapping 2016 1sts with Orlando after the Lottery)

Why it works:

Kings: Anderson slides in as a stretch 4 opposite Rudy, in addition to a big upgrade in the backcourt that helps everyone in Oladipo and the returning K-Mart. Lineup of: Rondo/Oladipo/Gay/Anderson/WCS - Collison/Martin/Casspi/Kouf - I really really like this team. + Always underrated Gee gives good D off the bench.

Magic: Giving up Oladipo who Skiles is seemingly disenchanted with and Gordon is tough but a Vucevic/Cousins/Asik big rotation is awesome. The sad thing is both Shabazzes getting buried on the depth chart. - Rotaton: Payton/Fournier/Harris/Cousins/Vucevic - Shabazz/Hezonja/Shabazz/Asik - Pretty great stuff there.

Pelicans: Give up the expiring Anderson & to upgrade Jrue, get a good young 4, & get rid of Asik's contract. This is a pretty sweet deal for them despite no draft picks involved. I think Rubes isn't just a better player than Jrue outright, but a way better fit for this team and hit Gordon/Ty/Davis as the guys. - Rubio/Gordon/Evans/Gordon/Davis - Smith/Belinelli/Q-Pon/Cunningham/Payne/Ajinca

T'Wolves: This trade gives LaVine more of a shot to grow and replaces the solid but aging Martin with a better fit for the young team in Ben-Mac. Jrue/LaVine also are good compliments to each other. The draft picks allow them to possibly get two 1st Rounders next year (Trading 3 2nds for a 20s 1st) and if Cousins implodes Orlando it just adds a layer of security to swap picks. - Jrue/LaVine/Wiggins/Towns/Pek - Jones/Mac/Frye/Dieng/KG
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

SoP: You have a trade that Hollinger likes! ...A very bad sign. I like this for both Detroit with one caveat: One, there's no way a Harden & Carmelo tandem can work together successfully imo. Two: How would Drums react to having another big? They just let Monroe go so he can break out. NY would need more than this, though Jennings is a very "Knicks" player to me.

I think Melo could make it work since he would be in more a position for playoffs then in NY. I think Melo could take a step to kind of be a Pippen to Harden's MJ. Knicks get Ariza/Meeks who both do well in the style of offense they play. Jennings on a one year deal is nice too and they are getting someone to take on that contract. Detroit was tricky but I feel with Drummond is he looks up to SVG(not literally) as a father figure and if SVG could convince Drummond to sign off on it he could excel. LA makes it excel with Jordan/Griffin who are both close to the basket guys. Plus if the experiment with Howard being back with SVG does not work he would be a good trade candidate next year with a big expiring

Status

Ok, here's my trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hdeuqt4

Bulls get: DeMarcus Cousins
    Kings get: Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell, and Top-10 Protected pick (Kings)

I want to say that I'm not sure I'd like this as a fan, because I want Jo to start at center, but it'd be great to get a true scoring center who can actually play defense and they'd make a big splash for once. Getting rid of Niko can free up room for Portis to actually see the floor and packaging him with Gasol could be a good thing for his growth. Snell is just an asset that is thrown in, in hopes of a change of scenery benefit for the Kings. And they get their draft pick back from the Bulls.

------------------

I feel like we haven't had too many responses for this one and there's been enough time, so I feel like we need to move on to another proposal. I vote for Dylan's trade since I just can't get over the fact that Goldy wanted a Payton/Rubio backcourt.

stressed but chillin

Status

But the Payton/Rubio backcourt could be historic. It could be one of the lowest FG% percentage of a backcourt ever

Spoiler:

Status

I liked this one Lucas, for one. But I've got a good one coming up for the next time I win.

What we know is Goldy likes Mudiay, Rubio, & Payton. Brother, what's your fetish for terrible shooting PGs? (And I do like Payton & Rubio, just not together)

I like that Bulls offer, I think Mirotic's still got a fair amount of value though less than last year. With the pick I'd like it and especially a team like Chicago you COULD try to put him at the 4 and Noah at the 5. Boogie's been trying to stretch the floor a little more this year.

-

I'll hold off until tomorrow for any last second entries/comments and if not I WIN and will put mine up tomorrow.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Status

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gotl3pf

3 way trade with Memphis/Sacramento/Chicago

Why Chicago does it: They get Boogie to go with Rose/Butler to create a big 3 in Chitown. They dont give up too much and could do well in a weak eastern conference

Why Memphis does it: They dont give up too much and they get the sentimental of Gasol coming back and having Gasol/Gasol on the same team would be a fun hey were brothers we play on the same team etc.

Why Sacramento does it: Boogie wants out and you get at least a promising player for the future in Mirotic along with a nice little addition in McDermott a defensive SG in Allen and a young player in Martin

stressed but chillin

Status

I came up with a trade for my Miami Heat <3

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gu43s4g

Why the Heat do it: They get to finally unload Birdman/Birdzilla (R.I.P.) and I don't mind losing Deng, to give Green/Johnson/Winslow/JRich more minutes. Not to mention that they can seriously play an uptempo offensive with the bench guys and Lawson being at the helm, along with Tyler Johnson, Gerald Green/Justise Winslow, Josh McRoberts and whichever big guy they toss out at center. Maybe we get some Amar'e sightings at center off the bench. I also think Lawson is far from finished. I feel like Houston hasn't made any real effort in trying to fit Lawson into the team in an effective manner, this is a really good buy low opportunity for any team. Also, I have a hard on for K.J. McDaniels so sue me.

Why the Rockets do it: They get Deng, who is still an effective defender and can contribute on offense despite all of the miles he has. Plus, Houston could just let him walk after the season if they don't like him. They get rid of Lawson, who I'm sure they may have already given up on and consider the acquisition of him a failure. They also take Birdman so they can get two big men who can at least split their free throws

Spoiler:

Status

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqjur26

Fantasy trade I wish would happen Jackson/Curry/Morris/Dirk/Drummond would be amazing

Status

SoP: A man after my own heart, bringing Pau back to Memphis. <3 My only gripe with this trade is that right now the Grizzlies' stupid coach and GM are trying this ill-fated "small ball" deal so I don't know if they'd want Pau. Thankfully to me and most normal people it's a great idea to have Pau be an unofficial 6th man, spelling both Z-Bo and Marc. Only other gripe is it'd be Green and not Tony that goes as Green has more value except in Memphis where Tony is beloved and people watch the two play. I think Chicago and Sac would jump at this if Sac got draft picks too. Good job!

Yeez: Hard to believe before the season the Rockets would actually do something like this but I think they would now. It's true Lawson's better than he's shown and I also like McDaniels, but my problem is is Miami the place for Lawson? How would you fit him in with Dragic? Would Miami want to pay that much for a bench player? I'm not saying it's a bad trade, just that he might be better off going to a team with no other PG.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yeez: Hard to believe before the season the Rockets would actually do something like this but I think they would now. It's true Lawson's better than he's shown and I also like McDaniels, but my problem is is Miami the place for Lawson? How would you fit him in with Dragic? Would Miami want to pay that much for a bench player? I'm not saying it's a bad trade, just that he might be better off going to a team with no other PG.
    I like to believe that Miami's coaching staff is much more competent than Houston's and would let Lawson run a majority of the bench offense. Even though the playstyle of the starting lineup (slow, with the ball sticking in Wade's hands) isn't exactly Dragic's style, it looks like Dragic is starting to fit in better, so I don't see why Lawson handling the ball and leading the second unit could be bad. Hell, I feel like the addition of Lawson would give this team endless opportunities. They could really rest up Wade and cut some of his minutes in certain games, and run a backcourt of Lawson and Dragic for spurts and annoy teams with all the quick drives and dishes. They could also tinker around and play a lot of Whiteside with the bench and run some insane Lawson/Whiteside pick and rolls. Imagine if all those great dimes Lawson was dropping in Denver were now heading to Whiteside around the hoop, or Green on a cut. Plus, Whiteside playing minutes with the bench could give us more McRob/Bosh frontcourt looks which has been generally effective. To answer your other question, the ownership and management have pretty much proven time and time again they'll roll the dice on anything if they see the move adding wins to the team. Honestly, Lawson probably just needs a much more stable system. I seriously believe he doesn't mind coming off the bench as long as he can get some kind of consistency within the rotation, which again, I feel like Houston has made little effort (if any) to even do so. The only problem I may have with Lawson coming to Miami would be his increased chances of getting more DUIs.
    Last edited by CaptainC; 12-21-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Spoiler:

Status

I'm not even definitely saying "This will never work" or anything like that, I just think there's a lot of questions with the roster fit, not the system and it will really come down to if Dragic and/or Wade are okay taking less minutes and do the Heat want to give Tyler Johnson a reduced role? I think all of that would be necessary to get the most out of Lawson. Like I said, I like Lawson and think it was just a really bad fit. With Harden there it was just never going to work with Lawson's skillset in the backcourt though I'll never defend Houston's coaching. Lawson with Wade/Dragic is a much better fit as long as everyone gets their minds right. I'd probably do the trade if I'm the Heat provided you have confidence in Spoelstra to smooth some things out early on, but I think it would make y'all better. Like I said I like Lawson on his own. Plus it opens the door for Winslow to get more minutes.

I didn't even want to go there on the DUIs, but I thought that same thing secretly.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I like Styles' trade because y'all are mean.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

Well StylesofPunk, if you've got an idea for a trade scenario you want to do hit us with it and let's keep this thing rolling.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Status

Ok here is a scenario we are a part of the way through the season and the NBA needs a shakeup with a big trade give your best 4 team trade where Superstars get traded(no Brian Scalabrine is not a Superstar)

Status

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j2gtz4d (Golden State gets first round picks from OKC, Cleveland, & Portland in 2016)

WHY IT WORKS:

Golden State: These guys have obviously reached their peak. It's time to hit the red button on this team before they have to overpay to keep Steph Curry and Klay. They tank away the 2015-2016 season in attempts to get the #1 pick with an amazing nucleus of young talent.

OKC: Durant probably isn't coming back. It's time to see what they can do to get this difference maker in. They pair up Klay & the King as LeBron seeks to test his mettle playing in the West for the first time to get some rings.

CLE: Cleveland inspired by Memphis' new small ball approach and after reading Golden One and others criticism of Kevin Love decide he's been a bust. They move Love to the bench and run with an all PG lineup to match the NBA trend. Lillard/Curry/McCollum/Kyrie/Westbrook.

Portland: They rewrite their past wrongs and bring in the player they past over for Greg Oden in the draft in an attempt to bring the title to Portland. They also sign Oden after this trade as one last burial to prove they beat Seattle in their rivalry and for good karma.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Status

So I'm just going to declare myself the winner on this one.

Hope you guys had a good Christmas and watched some hoops. I had two super different ideas but after the disaster that was the Lakers, I had to go with Option A.

-

You're Jim Buss. Everyone hates you. It's the new year and the clock's ticking before your own little sister fires your stupid ass. Kobe Bryant's just had a public mental breakdown where he publicly says he'd give back all of his titles to go back and play in the Italian league and then delivered an expletive filled rant on the Lakers, the team, Magic Johnson, and you. Afterwards he sent you a text promising if he's not traded within a week he's coming to set your offices on fire and strangle Larry Nance Jr. after he shot in the wrong basket again.

Goal: Trade Kobe from the Lakers to finish his last NBA season or two in a better place and bring back enough in a last ditch effort to save yours and Kubchak's jobs.
    Last edited by Zero; 12-26-2015 at 09:43 AM.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Status

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oqndb3y

Why for the Lakers: Since I am Jerry and realize Im getting fired after this season I tell my sister to fuck off and do this trade.

Why for the Pistons: They finally get Kobe even though it is his last year in uniform coming out to see Kobe play in the Palace would bring more asses into seats. Pistons dont even ask for Russell or Randle but Buss insisted they be thrown into the trade as fillers. Buss only does the deal if Metta World Peace doesnt join the team until Ben Wallace jersey retirement night.

Status

A bit tired right now. I'll try and get something up tomorrow.

Thread Information