Intelligence

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: NBA Trade Machine Game

Got another one for ya fine gents...

Here's the trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q48k79r

Lakers get: Carmelo Anthony, Cleanthony Early
    Knicks get: Roy Hibbert, Nick Young, Jordan Clarkson

I messed around a few different times with who goes to the Knicks and eventually ended up with this trio. I kept swapping Young for Randle thinking that Randle would be more of a potential asset for the Knicks, but they have Porzingis obviously and wouldn't want to take away time from him or put Randle on the bench. Young gives the Knicks some solid bench depth and quality spot starting minutes who can knock down outside shots. Hibbert can split minutes with Lopez. Clarkson gives them the PG of the future and they don't have to keep giving minutes to Calderon. The Lakers still have their PG of the future in Russell and know he can play PG exclusively instead of swapping from PG and SG. This will also allow Kobe to move back to SG exclusively. Not to mention it gives the Lakers a star for the future after Kobe comes off the books next year. Because of that, it gives them the ability to go after another star in free agency to team up with Melo, Russell, Randle, etc. And it will be a cool way to close a somewhat miserable season for LA fans seeing Kobe and Melo team up to try and gives defenses a hard time. (lol?)

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Out of all the teams in the League, and I'm not a Carmelo fan, but the Lakers are really the team I could think of that would legitimately benefit from getting Carmelo in different ways like you said. My only gripe with that trade is I think that Russell's not only a worse player in reality than Clarkson, but also a more valuable asset in terms of what GMs think due to him being the #2 pick and would swap him in that trade for Clarkson if I ran the Lakers. The rest I totally agree on.
    Stone Pitbull 141

Piss off, Okada~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Here's a trade that will never happen but would be pretty great if it did.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pxam8jh

Why it works:

Knicks: As usual get a bunch of expiring contracts as well as a young piece in Martin and 2 firsts from the Clips. A good haul and as much of a love/hate relationship as I have with Jeff Green, you tank in a way that's graceful and will let you rebuild gracefully a La the Jazz and not painfully like the 76ers where you're just a joke team.

Clippers: Get Carmelo & gets rid of Lance Stephenson's atrocious contract? Yes. Losing Crawford hurts and losing Redick really hurts, but it's well worth the cost to add another weapon for CP3 to play with. Barnes also goes back to where he belongs.

Grizzlies: YEAH BOY REDICK. But no, I would have to thank God they got a consistent shooter for the first time in history. I'm a big fan of Hunter's as well in this mostly logical but biased trade. Sully (As always can easily put Zeller instead) also gives them a legit good big off the bench to pair with Wright and prevent Joerger from running Gasol into the ground and killing Z-Bo like this moron seems to be determined to do. Stephenson being dead money for a year and a half and essentially giving up two first round picks is a grim proposition though admittedly. For a true sharpshooter and a good big though? Yes yes yes.

Celtics: Get the Grizzlies' lottery protected 1st Rounder in 2016. The goal is clear here: Clear cap. 8 million done away with immediately and nearly 20 by the time the season ends. Can flip their assets for a much better player by the deadline and make a push. Also just clearing out two of their bigs would give some of these young bigs some breathing room to really show themselves for once. Lee is the definition of an up and down player, but serviceable. Seeing Paul Pierce back with the Celtics would just be awesome for everyone.
    Stone Pitbull 141

Piss off, Okada~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Let's do a non-Carmelo one. I vote for Peep's first Celtics trade.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

So Peepshow you brought some good stuff to the table with Carmelo. What have you got for us for the next one to try to work out?
    Stone Pitbull 141

Piss off, Okada~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status

Scenario #2: Probably the second most likely option. You're Vivek Ranadive (lol, I'd feel sorry for you if you were), and Boogie still can't get along with the coaches or front office. He wants out and if he's not gone by the deadline, he's not going to play, even if it means major fines. Work out a trade that will get the most bang for your buck in return. Only restriction is you have to resist the urge and can't involve STAUSKAS in the trade. Good luck.

-----------------

stressed but chillin

Status

NBA Trade Machine Game

I came here to say GTFO. Miami will/should lock up Whiteside. Also, good thread I'll b keeping up with it

Spoiler:

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

You should post a trade and try to get Boogie to Miami to team up with Whiteside, Yeez.

I actually had a couple of ideas for this since unlike Carmelo he has no no trade clause and his contract ensures teams would be willing to gamble on him. So it's a lot more wide open on what you can do. So I ended up going with my gut feeling of my policy as a GM: If anyone demands a trade, especially if they've been a pain in my ass for years, I go out of my way to trade him to the team that would make him the most miserable to be dealt to.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zowrs4w

This is essentially a straight swap for the 76ers since Wroten's not coming back next year and Landry's dead money. But be honest, this is SUCH a move these two stupid franchises would make. I actually like Wroten quite a bit and definitely would pick him over Mac at the 2. Okafor is the 2nd best player in this year's draft so it's an easy fit to sell your franchise on even though he probably won't ever be as good as Cousins straight up. Plus, you just know Cousins would have all kinds of great meltdowns playing in Philly and it would be glorious. Philly gets a player who's actually good enough that might make their team less of a laughingstock for 2 and a half years.
    Stone Pitbull 141

Piss off, Okada~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status

And he gets to play with STAUSKAS~! Win-win!

-----------------

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    And he gets to play with STAUSKAS~! Win-win!
    Finally, the great tag team of "Boogie Sauce" returns to the hardwood in Zero's NBA. I want this trade to happen dammit.
    Stone Pitbull 141

Piss off, Okada~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pwocvpg (+ top-5 protected 2018 pick from Minnesota to Sacramento and top-10 protected 2017 first-round pick from Orlando to New Orleans)

Sacramento Kings: They get a nice haul for Demarcus Cousins. Ryan Anderson helps -- he gives them a stretch-4 guy and allows the Kings to start Koufos at center and move Rudy to small forward. He's also an expiring contract if they want to open the floor for other options. In case Koufos doesn't work, Dieng is coming to give them more options. And they get Minnesota's 2018 first-rounder. Not a bad haul at all for a disgruntled player. Sacramento now has a core rotation of Rondo (expiring), McLemore, Gay, Anderson (expiring), Koufos, Dieng, Collison, Evan Fournier (expiring), Cauley-Stein and Casspi. There is a lot of cap flexibility to actually do a full-fledged rebuild instead of fighting to win 30-40 games each year.

Orlando Magic: !!! They get Ricky! Love this trade more for the Magic than anyone else, honestly. Get Rubio and give up Fournier's expiring contract to the Kings and Channing Frye to the Pelicans. Suddenly the Magic mirror Boston's approach with multiple options at guard. It does sort of screw with the Magic's plan of playing Oladipo against second units but Oladipo, Payton and Rubio all can play on the floor together and they can start Ricky at PG and have Elfrid be a defensive hound at SG similar to Tony Allen in Memphis. Aaron Gordon will sink or swim at power forward but the Magic suddenly get a budding assist star to go along with their young core of scorers. Rotation of Ricky, Elfrid, Tobias, Aaron Gordon and Vucevic plus Oladipo and Hezonja? Not bad at all.

Minnesota: They get Demarcus Cousins, forming the best young nucleus in the NBA. KG moves to a bench role but I doubt he'd mind it, and he can get in Cousins' ear a little and possibly change his attitude. They give up Dieng, Rubio and a top-5 protected first-rounder -- that's a lot -- but the Twolves suddenly have a rotation of LaVine, Wiggins, Prince's skeleton, Cousins, Towns, Miller, Martin, KG and now there is room for Pekovic as a backup center with Dieng gone. That's a scary group for the future.

New Orleans: Easily taking the largest hit but Anderson is an expiring contract that probably was out the door anyways. They get Frye's dead weight but a top-10 protected pick to begin adding more starpower around AD. It's definitely a "throw in the towel" move for 2015-2016 but sets them up a little better for the future, especially since the Pels now have a fall-back option if they can't get a better PF next offseason.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 12-18-2015 at 02:19 AM.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status

Not too bad, especially for Minnesota. You had me confused as to why the Pels would sign off on that then remembered you mentioned the top-10 protected pick. Still not sure they'd agree with Orlando most likely still not finishing outside the top-10 next year. Also, I assume Orland would try and trade Payton with the addition of Rubio? I know you said he could shuffle over to SG, but I don't agree with that at all. You'd have two inept scoring guards out there. Can't see it.

-----------------

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Not too bad, especially for Minnesota. You had me confused as to why the Pels would sign off on that then remembered you mentioned the top-10 protected pick. Still not sure they'd agree with Orlando most likely still not finishing outside the top-10 next year. Also, I assume Orland would try and trade Payton with the addition of Rubio? I know you said he could shuffle over to SG, but I don't agree with that at all. You'd have two inept scoring guards out there. Can't see it.
    I think Orlando would be outside the top 10 with that group. They might be outside it this season. But I can edit the offer to "2017 top-10 protected and if protected goes to 2018 unprotected." The main thing is the Pelicans need to figure out what to do with Ryan Anderson. He's a valuable trade commodity and expiring contract. They can get a lot for him.

Orlando might need to trade Payton, yes. The Magic management love Oladipo coming off the bench so this trade sort of ruins all that -- unless they figure out how to play Ricky and Elfrid at the same time. Maybe that's my pipe dream to make this trade happen, but Oladipo might get moved into the starting lineup. Still, placing him with Ricky isn't a bad starting backcourt.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 12-18-2015 at 03:09 AM.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

User Profiles Suck

Status

NBA Trade Machine Game

I've gone mega simplistic with mine.

Hawks get: Carmelo Anthony
    Knicks get: Tiago Splitter, Jeff Teague and Thabo Sefolosha

It's a stretch, but I really do think the Hawks need it if they want to escape the permanent 'we're good but not title good' cycle that they find themselves in in the East.

Start Schroder, Korver, Melo, Millsap and Horford, that's a killer team that now has a bail out option in Melo that it's never had before.

Knicks end up with a few bargain contracts and free up some flippable pieces to could make themselves respectable again. Teague gives them solidity at a spot where they've had nothing but huge flaming piles of shit for years now, and Sefolosha is as straight as they come for 4mill per. I also think Kristaps and Splitter/Rolo is actually quite a nice little front court.

I like this. Vote Nash
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

WC Fantasy Basketball
    2013 - 13/6 - 2nd in Regular Season, 3rd Overall
    2014 - 11/8 - Tied 3rd in Regular Season, 4th Overall
    2015 - 10/9 - Tied 4th in Regular Season, 4th Overall

On Vacation

Status

Thabo Sefolosha is a punk. He's suing the NYPD. I doubt he/NY want that.

User Profiles Suck

Status

Fuck I totally forgot about that
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

WC Fantasy Basketball
    2013 - 13/6 - 2nd in Regular Season, 3rd Overall
    2014 - 11/8 - Tied 3rd in Regular Season, 4th Overall
    2015 - 10/9 - Tied 4th in Regular Season, 4th Overall

On Vacation

Status

Yeah, sorry, I get defensive of even fantasy Knicks trades. Lol.

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    You should post a trade and try to get Boogie to Miami to team up with Whiteside, Yeez.
    I have something crazier going on in my head.

Everybody bear with me here, because of how DeAndre Jordan's contract is I technically can't test out a trade that includes him until January 15th of 2016. I'm also not going to try and crunch the salary numbers since this trade would never come close to even being considered in real life

In deal, I'm coming in as Steve Ballmer. I have decided to fire, or at the very least take away Glenn Rivers' position as the President of Basketball Operations. I'm also rebranding the Clippers with some correct uniforms and colors, not the bullshit they have now. Oh yeah, and I'm taking them back to San Diego because I'm the always eccentric Steve Ballmer.

So as the person making the moves for the Clippers, I have two goals:
    1. Putting together two of the most skilled guys at their position who seriously dislike each other. Those guys? CP3 and BOOOGIIEEEEE
    2. Getting rid of Austin Rivers. Seriously, fuck that guy.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q4v5fpr

Like I said, It won't allow me to slip Jordan into the deal, but he would be shipped to New Orleans. Norris Cole also couldn't be worked in, but he would end up in Sacramento. I'm not 100% as to who has what picks, but the Clips would definitely be losing some in this deal.

Why the Clips do it: Their depth is upgraded and they may actually see consistent scoring from their bench for once. I'm not super high on Jordan, a player who may be much more valuable on defense than I realize, but I'm not sure if the drop off from him to Asik is going to hurt that much. I think the Clippers could run a starting five of either Chris Paul, J.J. Redick, Wesley Johnson, Boogie and Asik or a "small ball" lineup of Chris Paul, J.J. Redick, Wesley Johnson, Omri Casspi and Boogie. I prefer the latter, with a bench rotation mainly consisting of Darren Collison, Lance Stephenson, Omer Asik, Josh Smith, Mbah a Moute and maybe even some C.J. Wilcox depending on what would happen with Stephenson, although in my head if I'm taking control of the Clips I somehow get Lance to turn his career around in this scenario I think Josh Smith can still be a valuable player off of the bench, he just needs the correct usage and limited shot selection. I'm also all in for dumping Crawford and Pierce at these stages in their careers.

Why the Kings do it: They still have a top power forward in Griffin, and depending on how you feel about Griffin you may consider him an upgrade (I prefer Boogie). There's also a chance Griffin and Cauley-Stein fit together better as a starting frontcourt too. The important part of this trade for Sacramento is that they get to really expose Cauley-Stein to more valuable possessions and find him the minutes they just can't seem to put together for him regularly. I didn't realize it until now but Pierce and Rondo get a reunion, and honestly who the hell knows how that would turn out. Norris Cole, who I still think is a solid boost of energy and point guard play off the bench would pick up Collison's minutes, unless the Kings go completely stupid and try to actually use Austin Rivers. They also get some type of pick compensation from the Clips.

Why the Pelicans do it: Now this will sound hypocritical because of what I said in the "Why the Clippers do it" section, but from a New Orleans' point of view they could see Jordan as a significant upgrade from Asik. A younger, quicker, much more explosive guy who can just put back missed shots and hopefully be as active as possible on defense. The sound of Anthony Davis and Jordan together on defense does actually intrigue me a little bit. Jamal Crawford also chips in some ballhandling and scoring production off the bench in an effort to keep Holiday less fatigued. I also like them picking up M̶C̶ ̶R̶i̶d̶e̶ Quincy Acy and his cheap contract.

I just winged this in like 30 minutes so pls don't rip me apart. I really just like the idea of putting CP3 and Boogie together and making them put aside their differences to win a championship.

Spoiler:

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
    I have something crazier going on in my head.

Everybody bear with me here, because of how DeAndre Jordan's contract is I technically can't test out a trade that includes him until January 15th of 2016. I'm also not going to try and crunch the salary numbers since this trade would never come close to even being considered in real life

In deal, I'm coming in as Steve Ballmer. I have decided to fire, or at the very least take away Glenn Rivers' position as the President of Basketball Operations. I'm also rebranding the Clippers with some correct uniforms and colors, not the bullshit they have now. Oh yeah, and I'm taking them back to San Diego because I'm the always eccentric Steve Ballmer.

So as the person making the moves for the Clippers, I have two goals:
    1. Putting together two of the most skilled guys at their position who seriously dislike each other. Those guys? CP3 and BOOOGIIEEEEE
    2. Getting rid of Austin Rivers. Seriously, fuck that guy.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q4v5fpr

Like I said, It won't allow me to slip Jordan into the deal, but he would be shipped to New Orleans. Norris Cole also couldn't be worked in, but he would end up in Sacramento. I'm not 100% as to who has what picks, but the Clips would definitely be losing some in this deal.

Why the Clips do it: Their depth is upgraded and they may actually see consistent scoring from their bench for once. I'm not super high on Jordan, a player who may be much more valuable on defense than I realize, but I'm not sure if the drop off from him to Asik is going to hurt that much. I think the Clippers could run a starting five of either Chris Paul, J.J. Redick, Wesley Johnson, Boogie and Asik or a "small ball" lineup of Chris Paul, J.J. Redick, Wesley Johnson, Omri Casspi and Boogie. I prefer the latter, with a bench rotation mainly consisting of Darren Collison, Lance Stephenson, Omer Asik, Josh Smith, Mbah a Moute and maybe even some C.J. Wilcox depending on what would happen with Stephenson, although in my head if I'm taking control of the Clips I somehow get Lance to turn his career around in this scenario I think Josh Smith can still be a valuable player off of the bench, he just needs the correct usage and limited shot selection. I'm also all in for dumping Crawford and Pierce at these stages in their careers.

Why the Kings do it: They still have a top power forward in Griffin, and depending on how you feel about Griffin you may consider him an upgrade (I prefer Boogie). There's also a chance Griffin and Cauley-Stein fit together better as a starting frontcourt too. The important part of this trade for Sacramento is that they get to really expose Cauley-Stein to more valuable possessions and find him the minutes they just can't seem to put together for him regularly. I didn't realize it until now but Pierce and Rondo get a reunion, and honestly who the hell knows how that would turn out. Norris Cole, who I still think is a solid boost of energy and point guard play off the bench would pick up Collison's minutes, unless the Kings go completely stupid and try to actually use Austin Rivers. They also get some type of pick compensation from the Clips.

Why the Pelicans do it: Now this will sound hypocritical because of what I said in the "Why the Clippers do it" section, but from a New Orleans' point of view they could see Jordan as a significant upgrade from Asik. A younger, quicker, much more explosive guy who can just put back missed shots and hopefully be as active as possible on defense. The sound of Anthony Davis and Jordan together on defense does actually intrigue me a little bit. Jamal Crawford also chips in some ballhandling and scoring production off the bench in an effort to keep Holiday less fatigued. I also like them picking up M̶C̶ ̶R̶i̶d̶e̶ Quincy Acy and his cheap contract.

I just winged this in like 30 minutes so pls don't rip me apart. I really just like the idea of putting CP3 and Boogie together and making them put aside their differences to win a championship.
    I think the Clips giving up Griffin and Jordan for (essentially) Cousins and Asik would be too much, but that's just me. New Orleans gets out of this deal nice. Pels might need to include picks.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Ace that Runs this Place

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezus View Post
    I came here to say GTFO. Miami will/should lock up Whiteside. Also, good thread I'll b keeping up with it
    Also ... I was talking Whiteside based on this.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/12/15/sheridan-dwight-howard-unhappy-in-houston-headed-to-miami/#BKo5TjUuO7zbGrYR.99

First of all, unless the Heat renounce their rights to Dwyane Wade, NBA salary cap rules will preclude them from offering Whiteside his full market value. Miami would be able to offer between $8-9 million, which is at least half of what the kid can get on the open market. On a full max deal, Whiteside would be looking at a $90 million payday, and nobody walks away from a $90 million payday.

So he’s a goner, one way or another. And the Heat know it.

He's also the dude reporting Dwight is unhappy in Houston and might get traded to Miami for Whiteside.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Thread Information