Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 Discussion

Status

NJPW NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 Discussion

I don't post in the Indy forum too often, but this needs to be posted. Four matches were announced earlier today for the January 4th, 2016 show.

1. Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Championship)

2. Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. A.J. Styles (IWGP Intercontinental Championship)

3. Kenny Omega (c) vs. Kushida (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship)

4. reDRagon [Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly] (c) vs. Matt Sydal and Ricochet vs. Roppongi Vice [Baretta and Rocky Romero] vs. The Young Bucks [Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson] (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship)
    I'm now more excited for this than anything in wrestling. Really hope JR is back for commentary, but if not, I'll still watch. This looks amazing. Feel free to edit this however you want Ed.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10 Discussion

More excited for Nakamura and AJ than I am another Okada/Tanahashi match. I'm sure Okada/Tanahashi will deliver another good one but at the same time I'm just bored of the idea.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Nakamura vs Styles, oh yeah! Definitely need to see that.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

im not even caught up yet but that match is gonna be sick.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

It should be an incredible match with AJ & Nak, my only worry is that and to a lesser extent the Jr. Title will have a bunch of interference that will ruin everything. But if they can go for it it's almost a for sure MOTYC. It's kind of rough for the company though, it's their last big first time ever match they can do. I'm not super excited with the winners appearing obvious but you can never say never.

I'll be even more excited when I see Ishii's match, that's the one I've got my eye on. In my fantasy booked world Ishii can just face Goto again while Shibata takes on Naito in a singles match. But if they do the tag with Naito/EVIL vs Meiyu Tag that leaves Ishii probably with Elgin which could also be pretty cool.

It should be a really fun show.

Admin in Lockdown

Status
      Country                    England

I doubt there will be a stronger top two matches on a pay-per-view in 2016 than Tanahashi/Okada and AJ/Nakamura. That alone is going to make it a must-see event. I'm more excited for Hashi/Okada this year than last year because I feel like it will be the end of their saga and we won't see the match again for a very long time and finally Okada will get a win over the ace inside the Dome.

Got no interest in Kushida/Omega because they've botched Kushida's singles run too many times now I can't get behind him and Omega belongs in the garbage can he keeps bringing out.

Massive lols @ having a Super Jr's tournament to crown #1 contenders and then announcing a 4 way match before Ricochet and Sydal get their two on two title match. Tournament devalued in record time

There needs to be more hooks on the undercard. Ishii Vs Elgin would do. I don't think Sakuraba is getting a showcase match this year, probably just gonna be in some tag match.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    It's kind of rough for the company though, it's their last big first time ever match they can do.
    True, but if they ever decide to look at pushing Ibushi again then they've got some matchups like Ibushi/Okada and Ibushi/Tanahashi that might not be first times, but will feel like big matches they can headline shows with, as well as Ibushi/Nakamura III where Ibushi finally wins. If Ibushi doesn't re-sign or they keep him booked low on the card, then yeah they might be in trouble. Throw lots of money at Go to sign

The new Naito could easily go into a feud with Okada or Nakamura which would feel like a fresh program as well.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

English commentary with Kelly and Striker has been confirmed for WK10.

Status

No JR?

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    No JR?
    Writing was on the wall when he wasn't invited back for King of Pro Wrestling and New Japan focusing more on their ROH partnership than their Global Force one.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    No JR?
    That's what he gets for talking through Nakamura's entrance, the bastard!
    [save]

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

JR was overrated at WK9.

Infact, I think the english commentary is overrated now that ive gotten used to the japanese guys, i feel alot better watching and drawing my own conclusions. Idk.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    JR was overrated at WK9.
    JR should have done his homework on the wrestlers and the product, he sounded overwhelmed and unprepared most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    Infact, I think the english commentary is overrated now that ive gotten used to the japanese guys, i feel alot better watching and drawing my own conclusions. Idk.
    Agreed. It lets you focus more on the wrestlers and allow the emotion of the commentary team to be an accent rather than an interruption. Plus YOUNG BUCKS PLEASE GO HOME!~ is the highlight of my entire life.
    [save]

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Mauro >>> all other commentators going, hands down. He's the one who should be calling all this. And as far as this team goes, no offense to Kevin Kelly because I'm sure once he spends a few months calling it he'll be perfectly decent. But forget just Japanese. I don't care if it's Spanish, Portugese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Latin, Araimic, German, Russian, Finnish, French, Swedish, Italian, Swiss, Yiddish, the South African language of Zulu or Penguin-speak, I'd listen to commentators in all of those languages over having to deal with Striker's unprofessional crap.

I do agree about Japanese and Spanish in particular though, their excitement almost always is a positive and vague references to English words are always fun.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I can't be the only one who is going to miss the way JR pronounces Togi Makabe, can I? ('Mack-Uhh-Bee')
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Shinsuke Vs Styles is going to be an early candidate for Match of the Year. The Junior Heavyweight Tag title match will probably end up being my least favorite match of the night despite the efforts of O'Reilly, Ricochet, and Roppongi Vice, but I hope to be surprised (not really a fan of the Young Bucks)

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ElijahEdwards View Post
    (not really a fan of the Young Bucks)
    I like you, stick around.

God I hope Lethal/Elgin is happening on the ROH tour of Japan and not at the Dome. I don't see the point in wasting a Dome spot on a champion that the Japan crowd won't recognise. I want Elgin/Ishii.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Awesomeness incoming. Favorite? Personally I'm all about Black Widow Goto and Ishii Hulk.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Got way too good of a laugh from how perfectly shopped Okada's face is on Viggo Mortenson and the idea of AJ being Liv Tyler.

The first one is pretty great as well.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Still Kicking It

Status

If I was booking it, I would have Nakamura win the G1 and challenge AJ as the IWGP champ and give Nak that Wrestle Kingdom moment. Okada and Tanahashi could have a singles bout (Okada hasn't defeated Tanahashi at WK and I think that might play into the storyline). Honma would face Iishi for the NEVER belt, after Honma defeats Takahashi at KOPW for his shot. Ibushi would face Goto for the IC strap.

As you can tell I was disappointed with some of the booking choices of NJPW. How this show might turn out, at least I know the in ring wrestling will be good.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I heard AJ was injured recently. Do you think it could affect the Wrestle Kingdom show?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information