Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Official NHL Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Seychelles

2015 Official NHL Discussion Thread

I felt like it needed to be created for the sake of all the hockey fans on here. There are quite a few along with myself. I would love to discuss the season and its many controversies as they transpire throughout the season. New rules have been added, new faces have arrived, and the season has officially begun. I'm excited to see how this year will go down. So many new trades and so many teams have really upped the tempo when it comes to their fore-check and overall play. There's teams this year that will surprise many I feel.

I'd rather not get into the whole Connor McDavid thing. But I will because my mind is telling me yes. I believe he's totally overrated. Yes the kid is good, but he isn't Sidney Crosby good. The fact that people make that comparison is absolutely ridiculous. This is my personal opinion and I'm not trying to offend anyone or start any arguments. He's a great player, I'll admit that. But he isn't the best of the best in my eyes. There's other rookies being overlooked. He just impressed in the preseason and training camps. But now that he's officially in the NHL it's time to step it up, he's playing with the big boys now. I hate going with the crowd, so the fact everyone (even my own girlfriend) is overhyping this McDavid guy, gets on my nerves. I would love to see him get decked by Chara. No offense. Great kid. Tons of potential. But way too overhyped in my eyes. Eichel has impressed me more than him. To me, he's just another Taylor Hall. This kid is going to get eaten alive.

The Leafs home opener went exactly like I expected it to go down. Same with their game against the Red Wings, who by the way, have a super nasty forecheck going on. They may very well make a playoff run this year. But back to the Leafs .. they always seem to start off really cold at the beginning of every season, but they slowly begin to creep up with a few adjustments. It's still too late to call anything at this point, especially considering the fact that the season just started. However I feel as though Babcock still needs to make some major adjustments if anyone wants to see any hope for the Leafs. I was just watching their game tonight, and it was brutal to watch. The Wings were all over them.

To wrap it up, on the bright side, Tarasenko started off the season exactly how I wanted him to. #TheNotes

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2015 Official NHL Discussion Thread

Always up for some hockey. Great game between the Islanders and Hawks right now. Speaking of the Islanders, why the hell are they still called the Islanders if they're playing in Brooklyn now?

edit- Hawks win!

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Seychelles

Way to see Kane step up. Those are one of those games that could very well have gone either way. I have no idea surrounding the Islanders and their name though. But I read an article and it said:

"The fans from the team's current home in Nassau County can just take the LIRR, it stops just right across the street," he added. "Let's not forget the team is named for the island we are standing on."
    So that answers that I guess. But man .. the rivalry between the Rangers and Islanders just got a lot bigger I think. A lot more heated.

Status

So after an off-season where not nearly enough effort was put toward not sucking, it appears that the Flyers do indeed still suck. Great work, asshats.

On Vacation

Status

Hey, the Lightning as a season opener is not an easy task, but you guys stood your ground I'll give you that. An OT loss isn't something to frown about. You gave them a run for their money. And besides, you guys get a break this weekend as you play the Panthers. Just hope Luongo isn't on his A-game. Although Jagr has three goals already, that's nothing to be afraid of. Panthers should be an easy 'W'. If you guys don't get that win, it's going to be a long season, that's all I can say lol. I'm sure Giroux has some tricks up his sleeve though, no worries.

I'm so glad we wiped away the Oilers early on, just to shut all the McDavid bandwagons up.

The Idiot FKA: CK

Status

For the first time in years, maybe decades, I'm not looking forward to tonight's Boston/Montreal game. Boston were so horribly bad Thursday night, I'm afraid of what may happen. This could be the longest season in Boston in quite sometime. Talking '96-'97 season bad, the team that broke up the 30 consecutive years of playoffs, bad. That team gained 61 points. The backline is young, especially with Chara out again. Tuukka is going to two hand one of them before November. Bergeron and Krejci don't have the ability to carry the team every night. They just aren't those dominant players. Pastrnak has that ability, but he's 19 and 170 lbs. I'll still be watching, but it could be super ugly.

On Vacation

Status

So many upsets, so many goals. Let me just be the first to say, Ovechkins goal last night was pure brilliance. He never fails to impress me, no matter what anyone says. Also, Lundqvist has by far the save of the year. As for last nights games, the Panthers really surprised me. I did not expect them to dismantle the Flyers the way they did. They came out guns blazing and were all over them. Props to Jagr doing what he's doing at 43 years old. The Bruins have a ways to go, this isn't a good start for them, or the Penguins for that matter. With the Penguins being my girlfriends team, I'll be the first to hear it when something goes wrong, and she definitely gave me an ear full which I'm forced to listen to. Minnesota got lucky against my Blues last night, that's all I'm going to say. As bad as it sounds, they got all the lucky bounces and re-directions and I don't know why we started Allen to begin with. But it's no big deal.

There's some real firepower in some teams at the moment that will soon begin to die out, and the tables will begin to turn halfway into the season. A few losses for teams and a few blowouts shouldn't mean you should hang your head in shame. Things can turn in your favor in an instant.

Here's how the standings look so far in both conferences:

Status

The Bruins are in Colorado tonight and I think that it will be another loss. The Avalanche are too talented not to take this. Maybe they can beat the Coyotes, but even then I doubt it.

User Profiles Suck

Status

There's one question I've been dying to ask, as I've watched maybe over 70-80 NHL games and still not had a fucking clue what they're on about.

What the holy fuck is icing? I know it's something about blue lines but I swear that shit happens all the time and no one blinks an eyelid, and then it happens and everyone's like wtf why did he ice the puck. Have no idea, and the net has not helped, just confused matters
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

WC Fantasy Basketball
    2013 - 13/6 - 2nd in Regular Season, 3rd Overall
    2014 - 11/8 - Tied 3rd in Regular Season, 4th Overall
    2015 - 10/9 - Tied 4th in Regular Season, 4th Overall

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    There's one question I've been dying to ask, as I've watched maybe over 70-80 NHL games and still not had a fucking clue what they're on about.

What the holy fuck is icing? I know it's something about blue lines but I swear that shit happens all the time and no one blinks an eyelid, and then it happens and everyone's like wtf why did he ice the puck. Have no idea, and the net has not helped, just confused matters
    Icing is when the team with possession of the puck is behind the center line and passes/shoots it down to the other end and it goes behind the blue line without being touched. It can be waived off if the referee's deem that the opposing team could have gotten to it or made a play on the puck before it went past the blue line. That's why when you watch a game, a lot of the time you'll see the team wait until just after the cross center ice before dumping the puck down to the end. Here's a more visual explanation.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Status

Good explanation Peepshow. I didn't watch all of the video, because I know what it is, but it also means the team that did the icing can't make a line change until after the faceoff in their zone. Which can be a big deal. Also to confuse you more, there is no icing for a shorthanded team, only the team on the power play can ice the puck. The video guy does make a good point of it having a lot in common with soccer, I try to get friends into that sport to watch.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Well, that was fucking embarrassing. There was hardly any positives from our side of the Winter Classic. We couldn't defend an attack from an army of mentally challenged kindergarteners if today's game proved anything. That was a rough watch, and I usually love watching the Winter Classic.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Well, that was fucking embarrassing. There was hardly any positives from our side of the Winter Classic. We couldn't defend an attack from an army of mentally challenged kindergarteners if today's game proved anything. That was a rough watch, and I usually love watching the Winter Classic.
    Indeed, I stopped watching at 3-0, because it wasn't going to get any better and had other things to do. The ice was fast and The Bruins aren't built for speed, throw in the injuries and Marchand's suspension, just an afternoon of "I don't care" in Foxboro. It felt like the first week of the season all over again.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

-------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I loved how this John Scott story turned out. I don't think it could have turned out better for the guy. He actually got to do some work in the All Star game and he was treated like a hero afterwards. He deserves everything.

A great sports story. Glad the NHL smartened up.
    -------
    -------
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

I don't follow hockey much, so this whole story has been confusing to me. Why was it such a big deal he made the ASG? I saw, I believe Melrose from ESPN, still talking smack about him AFTER the game. What's the big deal?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OG Kid View Post
    I don't follow hockey much, so this whole story has been confusing to me. Why was it such a big deal he made the ASG? I saw, I believe Melrose from ESPN, still talking smack about him AFTER the game. What's the big deal?

He's an enforcer that's only had like five goals in eight seasons and he got selected to go to the game after a big write-in campaign. He doesn't really deserve to be in the ASG but this is a great reality check for the NHL after trying to make it so that he couldn't participate.
    -------
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

I look at the Scott story like the Nilan story back in the early 90's. Nilan was placed on the All Star team by Mike Milbury, but at least Nilan could play. He had a couple 15 goal seasons, so he could play, he was just known for busting heads. Good for John Scott, but enjoy your time in the AHL for the rest of your career. The All Star game means nothing, so who cares if he played or not, it's his career highlight.

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

Dennis Wideman has been suspended 20 games. If you didn't see it, check it out...

He is trying to appeal this decision, but imo he's lucky he isn't done for the season. Seeing how its his first time being suspended the punishment makes sense to me. Don't know if he'll get away with his one as that hit was anything but unintentional. He can say he was woozy from the hit he took and thought it was the other teams player, but anyone looking at it can tell it looked like he meant to do it..as he leaned in just as he hit him.

Legend In My Spare Time

Status

Well it appears it was ruled Wideman indeed had a concussion and played through it even though this doesn't excuse his behavior. This is going to look bad for the Flames organization big time.

Thread Information