Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Official NHL Discussion Thread

Ghost In The Shell

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2015 Official NHL Discussion Thread

With 15 games left in the season for my Flyers it's time for that push towards the Playoffs. The Flyers are a few points back of a playoff spot and they play the Red Wings and Penguins multiple times down the stretch. Besides Temple Football, Villanova Basketball, The Flyers the only thing that has had Philly and their fans interested. Hopefully they get there, it's felt so long since I've been hype for a game this important especially tonight versus the Red Wings.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Simply Ravishing

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah I'm hoping my Canucks get first overall but this year it's anybody's guess on who wins the lottery. This is definitely be the most wide open draft lottery of all time. The consolation prizes for not getting first are pretty amazing however.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Don't kid yourself Mitch, the Oilers are going to win it again regardless of what the percentage chance is.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Simply Ravishing

Status

It's almost playoff time! One of my favourite times of the year. I'm hoping for a whole bunch of upsets.

The Idiot FKA: CK

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm up in the air about the Bruins making the playoffs. Right now they're out and I think they should remain out. Too many holes, now injuries to a few key players.

Simply Ravishing

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    I'm up in the air about the Bruins making the playoffs. Right now they're out and I think they should remain out. Too many holes, now injuries to a few key players.
    Rask is also having an awful season. He may have the wins but that's about it.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MWDynamite View Post
    Rask is also having an awful season. He may have the wins but that's about it.
    He played great tonight, not that he's played great every night, but he goes games with no help. Their defense is not great, it's young and injuries to experienced players like Seidenberg, don't help. Their main problem is their experienced players are either grinders (Beleskey/Hayes/Marchand - though he is a streaky scorer) or playmakers (Bergeron/Krecji/Erickson) guys that don't do it alone. Though Bergeron has tried. They have talented players, but they're young and make mistakes. I could go on for days. I don't even know if Julien should be fired, he was nearly gone after last year, but saved at the last minute. This year has been better, but is he the fall guy in what isn't really his fault? Who knows?

Simply Ravishing

Status

He played great tonight, not that he's played great every night, but he goes games with no help. Their defense is not great, it's young and injuries to experienced players like Seidenberg, don't help. Their main problem is their experienced players are either grinders (Beleskey/Hayes/Marchand - though he is a streaky scorer) or playmakers (Bergeron/Krecji/Erickson) guys that don't do it alone. Though Bergeron has tried. They have talented players, but they're young and make mistakes. I could go on for days. I don't even know if Julien should be fired, he was nearly gone after last year, but saved at the last minute. This year has been better, but is he the fall guy in what isn't really his fault? Who knows?
    I believe Julien could be fired. It's not that he's a bad coach, he's actually one of the best in the league despite his temper sometimes getting in the way. The problem is it's no longer the same team that won the cup 5 years ago or lost in the final 3 years ago. And the B's haven't been consistent. I'm sure if they fire Julien they'll either get somebody lesser known like the Flyers and Red Wings did or get a well known coach such as Marc Crawford or Adam Oates.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MWDynamite View Post
    I believe Julien could be fired. It's not that he's a bad coach, he's actually one of the best in the league despite his temper sometimes getting in the way. The problem is it's no longer the same team that won the cup 5 years ago or lost in the final 3 years ago. And the B's haven't been consistent. I'm sure if they fire Julien they'll either get somebody lesser known like the Flyers and Red Wings did or get a well known coach such as Marc Crawford or Adam Oates.
    We'll find out soon enough. Oates has ties to Boston, played with both Don Sweeney and Cam Neely in the 90's, but not sure his temperament will work in Boston...which is why Julien is loved.

Status

Even with a loss tonight, the Bruins would still be in it. Here's how I view it...The Bruins beat Detroit tonight, but will lose to Ottawa on Saturday...just to make it that much more painful. Philly will beat Toronto, the team that has been tanking since November and they'll manage to get a point against either Pitt or the Islanders...taking the last wildcard spot, by a point.

Julien gets fired and the search is on for a new head coach. They will also trade someone like a David Krecji or Brad Marchand for a future player with talent or possibly a 1st rd pick.

Simply Ravishing

Status

Even with a loss tonight, the Bruins would still be in it. Here's how I view it...The Bruins beat Detroit tonight, but will lose to Ottawa on Saturday...just to make it that much more painful. Philly will beat Toronto, the team that has been tanking since November and they'll manage to get a point against either Pitt or the Islanders...taking the last wildcard spot, by a point.

Julien gets fired and the search is on for a new head coach. They will also trade someone like a David Krecji or Brad Marchand for a future player with talent or possibly a 1st rd pick.
    Well apparently Marchand was on the trade block earlier in the year when the Bruins didn't start too well so he definitely be traded.

Status

Well, Rask is out due to illness...so the Bruins season comes down to back up extraordinaire, Jonas Gustavsson. He's had an okay season, but he's not the guy I want in net. As much as I really don't want them to make the playoffs, I still want them to succeed. Fandom is confusing...LOL

Status

Enjoy the playoffs if your team made it. The Bruins sucked worse than a $5 vacuum...they technically aren't out of it, but Philly would have to mysteriously disappear off the face of the planet and I don't mean that figuratively.

Ghost In The Shell

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah my Flyers really need this win today versus the Penguins. We have the Penguins match-up going on right now and then the Islanders. We've loss three straight if we win today, we got this!

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

I turn the game on to see Giroux splitting the Penguins two defensemen, one of whom throws his stick to interfere with Giroux taking the shot. Penalty shot? Nope. Good job, ref.

Ghost In The Shell

Status

Giroux easily my favorite player in the Flyers and I'm digging Ghost Bear aka Shayne Gostisbehere. Wayne's world aska Wayne Simmonds trying to go for the hat trick today hmm 2 goals already!

Real Women of Genius

Simply Ravishing

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I turn the game on to see Giroux splitting the Penguins two defensemen, one of whom throws his stick to interfere with Giroux taking the shot. Penalty shot? Nope. Good job, ref.

Only against the Penguins haha

Ghost In The Shell

Status

Thank goodness that got that win 3-1 over the Penguins today. Legit the last 6 or 7 games straight we have gotten our asses kicked by them especially in their place.

Real Women of Genius

Simply Ravishing

Status

My Canucks are in the ultimate battle for first tonight! Well first in the draft that is. That stupid three game winning streak didn't help at all though. It's typical Trevor Linden though, he's too humble to cheat to lose lol.

Ghost In The Shell

Status

Flyers fans will get this T-Shirt in honor of Ed Snider. Hopefully he gives us good luck to get back into this series with the Caps.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information