Thread: The Expendables 4 (2018)

Status
      Country                    United States

The Expendables 4 (2018)

Why stop at a trilogy, these days? The Expendables franchise certainly is looking beyond that.

A new report from Variety states that Expendables 4 will begin production in 2016 and hit theaters in 2017. The project doesn't yet have a director or cast but will likely return several of its action stars from previous efforts and introduce a few new faces to the fold.

The report also claims Expendables 4 will have a budget over $100 million.

The Expendables franchise does not have overwhelming box office numbers in the U.S., however, what's helping the fourth installment get off the ground is Chinese distribution rights. The third Expendables film had major legs in the Chinese market - now that the fourth has earned the ability to be distributed in the major market prior to production, the project will go forward.
    Here we go. I am guilty of loving these shitty movies haha!

Has anyone watched all three like me?

Anyone taking a guilty pleasure in enjoying these?

Its Rock Or Bust!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: The Expendables 4 (2017)

I've seen all three. The second is my favourite. Between Chuck Norris making an appearance, Bruce and Arnie swapping each others' famous lines and the awesome shoot out at the end etc. Such a great movie.

I'll definitely be watching this. Should be interesting to see who they go with this time.

Status

Re: The Expendables 4 (2018)

Stallone Teases ‘Something Different’ for The Expendables 4

It was revealed back in October that The Expendables 4 would officially be making its way to the big screen with later reports confirming it would be the final entry in the series and would officially land in theaters in 2018. Franchise creator and star Sylvester Stallone took to his Facebook page ahead of the new year to briefly tease the film, which he will begin preparing for shortly.

“We’re going to do our best, but I think we’ve got some really great attitude going,” Stallone said. “We’ve got great ideas. I think everyone is expecting something different and we’re going to give it to them.”

The Expendables franchise features Stallone as mercenary team leader Barney Ross, with kick-ass heavyweights like Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture and Arnold Schwarzenegger making up the core group. Other action stars have made their way to the franchise, including Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Harrison Ford, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas, and Wesley Snipes.

The first film in the series proved to be a success at the box office, taking in $103 million domestically with another $171 million from foreign markets, but interest in the series began to wane in the US with The Expendables 2 bringing in $85 million and The Expendables 3 collecting just $39 million at the domestic box office. Both films, however, still saw tremendous success internationally with a foreign total of $229 million and $175 million, respectively.

Since the third film’s lackluster performance on these shores, other plans for the action franchise were being made, including an all-female spin-off film titled The ExpendaBelles and even transitioning the films into a television event series, but with the fourth feature now in development, it remains to be seen if either of those projects will see the light of day.
    The last chapter. I'm down!

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Expendables 3 wasn't it PG-13 wasn't it? I think I remember the crew was killing people left and right, and I never saw blood going everywhere. If it's the last one, just make it a wet dream of Donnie Yen and Tony Jaa and put them in this movie. Lol thinking about JCVD being in this and saying don't try to challenge me to Stallone. It took me some time to figure out what was he saying

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

The final entry in this series should have been the first one. Still love how they tried to blame the early release of the screener for the lackluster box office performance of part 3 instead of just admitting that it fucking sucked and nobody wanted to watch it.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Bruce Willis Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

The first one was decent and the 2nd one was great but the third one was meh. Will be watching this whenever it comes out but I don't have any high hopes.

#WC4Horsemen

Phenomenal

Status
      Country                    UK

I'm imagining that they will load this one and even the extras will be huge action stars. I've always found these films entertaining so will probably watch this one when it comes out.

Status

So Stallone said he's not doing another one, I think he realizes there's no way the next one would be a success.

I'll leave this here for a bit, you never know they could be stupid enough to make it anyway.

Edit:

EXCLUSIVE

Arnold Schwarzenegger won't appear in Expendables 4 without Stallone

This is either just a little standoff, or this truly is the end of this series. I myself think the only way it would work is if they went rated R again, and made it more like the first one.

Status

Looks like it's coming.

Thread Information