Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: An Evil Retirement

I Think I'm Cool

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

An Evil Retirement

I've known for about a month and I still can't believe I'm typing this. After exactly 5 and a half years of being an Admin on WC, Jim has finally decided to step down from his staff role.

Jim has worked an enormous amount on the forum since taking the black in 2010; you guys on this side of the forum only see a fraction of his work, he's been a juggernaut behind the curtain. Jim has stayed loyal throughout ownership changes, staff disputes and WC being on death's door a couple of times; DD will be the first to tell you how vital Jim has been to WC's survival over the years. Anyone who's been an Admin/Upper Staff member on any kind of forum will know how much of a grind the job can be at times, so it's testament to Jim's commitment to the site that he worked here for 5 & 1/2 years on a voluntary basis. There's no denying he leaves having made his mark on the forum.

On a personal note, I'm sad to see him go. Jim's been crucial to my time here on WC, mentoring me from a VIP member to Admin, and very kindly agreed to stay on after the sale of the site to teach Nash the ropes and ease the transition of ownership from DD to us. He has been an absolute blast to work with since I joined the staff team in 2011.

As of today, please do not send Jim any PM/VM's about issues your having with the site, please direct them to either Nash or I. Let the man retire in peace. Jim did mention he'd still like to receive PM's from members who want some BTB advice though.

Hopefully the Evil Hall of Famer will still be a regular visitor and contributor to the site. If you've been here long enough you'll know that October is his busiest time of the year here with his Fright Fest project, and I'm sure there's still unfinished 1980's PPV reviews he wants to finish off~!

Thanks again Jim, enjoy a well deserved break mate.

Ed

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Re: An Evil Retirement

Even though we haven't always seen eye to eye(specifically this last year or so) I appreciate what have done for the forum over the years, enjoy your retirement and now you have more time on your hands you can watch some modern day WWE

HOSS MOD

Status

Wow. End of an era.

Jim was a major resource to any up-and-coming staff members and a big help to me when I first got a different colored name. Very appreciative of the help, Jim. Enjoy the peaceful retirement of Green Name Acres.

On Vacation

Status

Also I think this makes Fuji Vice the only HOF'er still on staff.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Still the highlight of Jim's tenure

I love you too, Jim.

Leave the memories alone.

[Blank Space]

Status

Just noticed his name wasn't black in a thread and assumed Nash broke something

Cheers Jimbo, you've been one hell of an admin. Just don't stop reviewing wrestling shows, I still need my fix from those.

Ace that Runs this Place

Status
      Country                    United States

Jim is the man. He supported the FWA coming into the fold here and also helped me with any adjustments and helping us get acquainted with the site. He has been a superb admin, works his ass off, and is probably the best asset of this forum.

Well done, Jim. You da man.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion

Heel Champion

Status

Always been a straight up top lad who happily helped out when needed. Take a well earned break, Jim.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

An Evil Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    Also I think this makes Fuji Vice the only HOF'er still on staff.
    In that case I'd like to tender my resignation effective immediately.

Kidding aside, Jim has always been the most professional and easy to deal with staffer on this site. From a personal standpoint, he definitely helped me a lot during my initial mod phase here and also served as a great listener during the dark days of 2011 which we'll never speak of again so don't bother asking. He also contributed many, many times to my first batch of reviews here and while our opinions didn't always gel (A New Beginning is awesome so fuck you) I always enjoyed our banter.

In short, it's been a blast Jim and I hope you enjoy riding the blood mobile off into the sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2012~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

WAKE UP

Status

Ground-shaking announcement. The guy has been a stalwart, the security blanket, the benevolent lover, and calm reassuring hand of the forum for eternity.

On a personal level I hope he sticks around even as a less-active guy. He is one of those guys where I now have known him online longer than some of my actual friends in the outside world!

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    In that case I'd like to tender my resignation effective immediately.

Kidding aside, Jim has always been the most professional and easy to deal with staffer on this site. From a personal standpoint, he definitely helped me a lot during my initial mod phase here and also served as a great listener during the dark days of 2011 which we'll never speak of again so don't bother asking. He also contributed many, many times to my first batch of reviews here and while our opinions didn't always gel (A New Beginning is awesome so fuck you) I always enjoyed our banter.

In short, it's been a blast Jim and I hope you enjoy riding the blood mobile off into the sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The dark days feel longer ago than 2011.

Status

Godspeed Jim. You've had a huge mark on my experience with the forum, and you were the primary mentor for me when I became a mod and then a smod. You've earned a rest, pal. Leave the memories alone.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh | Restoring Order BTB
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Status

A sad day for all JimKind. It was Jim who made me a mod. It was Jim who told me I suck as a mod and demodded me. Jim who changed my name and forgot about it recently. I'm sure he's done other stuff for the site but those things stick out.

Good night, sweet prince.

Status

Thought I'd never see the day. Love reading all of your reviews of wrestling, and movies. Hopefully those will still be around for fans like me. You'll be missed.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

Wow. What a shocker. Didn't see this one coming and will be a huge loss. On a personal note you have been nothing but a pleasure to work with and to run any queries by if I've needed too.

Guess that means an Ed and Jim Christmas extravaganza Orders Interview is off the cards...

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Very sad day indeed. I echo many of the sentiments already said, especially the most professional and easy to deal with statement. Jim had his share of funny moments messing with people in the SB, but he always handled things with class and in a proper way. Also the most help staff member I ever encountered on here and did so many things to contribute from his reviews and other projects over the years. He'll definitely be missed. Thanks for all of the work you put into making this place fun over the years and for the gifs you made for me last week.

Enjoy your extra free time comrade.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Just noticed his name wasn't black in a thread and assumed Nash broke something

Cheers Jimbo, you've been one hell of an admin. Just don't stop reviewing wrestling shows, I still need my fix from those.
    I was looking right at his green name, and didn't think anything of it. Then I saw this thread and said: oh.

Have a swell time in retirement Jim. Cheers to you.

FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW, FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW

User Profiles Suck

Status

Look, I'm now part owner, and I've never seen a non black Jim. When he first broke the news, was I confused? Yes. Did I cry for 2 days straight about the future with only the sweet embrace of good health to warm me? Yes. Fact is though, he deserves it, in fact he deserved it even 2 or 3 years ago.

Trust me blue guys and rebellious plat lads, this guy is the man. I could not ask for more from a man who I caused a lot of hassle, but came to rely on for months at a time. I told him the only caveat is he must keep creating content like Fright Fest and such, because the people know Jim not just as a figurehead, but also as the most damn knowledgeable wrestling fan around. There's a reason he's been admin for 5 1/2 years, and that's because he fucking knows his shit. Seriously, best allround wrestling poster this forum has ever seen and I'd fight anyone who disagrees.

Unfortunately, while Jim has still agreed to stay on as a 'BTB Mentor', I just hope Ed and I can continue to provide a smooth running and overall friendly atmosphere for us to discuss our passions without the whole site collapsing.

Cheers Jim, if you're ever anywhere near England, give me a shout and I'll buy you 5-10 pints

#Day21PermanentlyForgotten
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Crazy announcement to come home to and read. It will be quite crazy to know him not being an Admin. I feel like he's been one since we've known each other. I love Jim a lot. One of my all time favorite people. I hope he sticks around.

still gonna ask him questions about the site tho. fuck ed and nash
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Smiling Politely

Status

I never thought I'd see the day that Jim stepped down as admin. He's a good dude and he was a great admin that ran this place well and he knew what he was doing and he was always happy to help out. I appreciate him giving me the opportunity to take over running things in CWA, and like I said he was always happy to help me out if I asked.

Enjoy retirement Jim, you've earned it.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Film Diary
    2017 Movie Log
    2016 MLB Playoff Prediction Pool Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Thread Information