Thread: 2015 Ongoing Worst Tag Team Of The Year Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

2015 Ongoing Worst Tag Team Of The Year Discussion Thread

This is the thread where Nicky pimps out The Young Bucks some more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a WWE point of view I think The Ascension are head and shoulders above everybody in this category.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Re: 2015 Ongoing Worst Tag Team Of The Year Discussion Thread

Well it's either the Bullet Club duo of Matt and Nick Jackson

or the Bullet Club duo of Anderson and Gallows

....or the Bullet Club duo of Yujiro and Bad Luck Fale

Seriously, why do people like The Bullet Club?

From a WWE perspective I'd say Sandow and Axel were worse offenders than The Ascension.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Young Bucks, obviously. Although Ed has a point. Pretty much all combinations of the Bullet Club are bad, with The Young Bucks and Gallows and Gun leading the way.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Sandow and Axel didn't really do much... did they?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Gallows & Gun or The Young Bucks are the only two options.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I know no one gives a shit but I'm going to try to give what my top three would be in each category, starting with this one.

1. The Young Bucks - A six year old match formula still getting pimped out by two guys who are only good at using twitter and making parody shirts. Some noteworthy terrible tags this year. Gave Monster Mafia a really awful debut in PWG and neutered Lee/Everett's run to kill a rebuilding process of their tag team division in a dull match. Let's stop pretending that these guys are adding something revolutionary to wrestling on an in-ring standpoint.

2. Gallows and Gun - Pretty much another straight year of these two dominating the tag division with hardly any good matches to their name. Should strictly be in contention for this award for the matches with the Kingdom alone. Those were fucking abysmal.

3. Blake and Murphy - Honestly, this could have been just a two horse race with the two above. I considered a couple of teams like Hype Bros, The Kingdom, any other version of Bullet Club, Naito and EVIL, etc. But man, I really tried to get on board with these guys but they are so fucking dull. Blake seems to try with the personality department but is such a generic wrestling and super boring in control. They only really had one noteworthy match this year and then just performances that could be used as a cure for insomnia.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Blake and Murphy are interesting. When they first won the titles, I thought it was a joke. Didn't know anything about them and they didn't have any redeeming qualities about them. Then they grew on me. After losing the titles, they're back to being so generic. Weird.

I'd still rather see them in an NXT tag than Mojo and Ryder though. Ughhh. They're the worst.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Mind if I join you?

1) Guns and Gallows - I might not be a Young Bucks fan, but at least they are a draw for PWG/ROH and smaller indys, they have their fans who adore them and they are the best in the world at that style of wrestling. With Guns and Gallows, even when I put my bias aside, I don't see the upside. When do you ever hear 'oh man that Anderson and Gallows match was awesome!' Terrible matches that make you long for the return of TenKoji on top of the division, the sports entertainment bs with The Kingdom is not what anyone wants to see in New Japan, and the bullet club isn't that over with the natives. The key thing is listen to how quiet the japanese crowds are to their matches, when Anderson tries to get heat he gets crickets in return.

2) Young Bucks - Oh I still dislike the bucks, I just think Guns and Gallows are more deserving of the award

3) The Kingdom - For their horrible New Japan run. Bennett is making a lot of money off his wife's ass.

I'd have included the Disciples of Death, but technically they are a trio.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I really wanted to slam the Kingdom on the third spot but some of their Beyond and ROH stuff has been kind of redeemable, even if they blow dogs in NJPW. I really enjoyed the end of their feud with the Briscoes and some of their matches leading up to the title change.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

Abyss & James Storm - I really like James Storm but fuck was he saddled with a shit Wyatt ripoff gimmick and him being with the worst wrestler in the world didn't do anything for him..they fucking sucked something fierce.

Ascension - no improvement no charisma no direction no anything at all

I just can't see the Young Bucks hate....they are entertaining and a ton of people love them...

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post

I just can't see the Young Bucks hate....they are entertaining and a ton of people love them...
    Why is "they are entertaining" always the automatic dismissal for the Young Bucks? They had a terrible fucking year and contributed more terrible than good in the promotions they worked. People can fall in love with terrible shit.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Jerker Curtain

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'd say The Ascension but when WWE seem to make them look like geeks every chance they get, it's not surprising.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Even if I were a fan of the Bucks which I never would be, but even so, I would be rooting hard for them to win this so we could see their twitter reaction.
    C'est Magnifique~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Even if I were a fan of the Bucks which I never would be, but even so, I would be rooting hard for them to win this so we could see their twitter reaction.
    I do believe Adam Rose has blocked the WC Twitter account because of hi getting voted worst wrestler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The Bucks would probably make a t-shirt about it.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I get that the Bucks are annoying and repetitive but there are worse tag teams out there, i'm sure. I mean... what about The Dudleyz? They've been kind of shitty this year.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I get that the Bucks are annoying and repetitive but there are worse tag teams out there, i'm sure. I mean... what about The Dudleyz? They've been kind of shitty this year.
    This. The Bucks have been insufferable but in a world with The Ascension & others around, I can't call them "the worst" with a good conscience.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    The Bucks would probably make a t-shirt about it.
    Which is why it's hard to hate em

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The Bucks have cried on twitter pretty much every time someone criticizes them online. Recently because someone called them skinny and terrible workers, and probably most famously because someone graded one of their NJPW's **1/2 or something. Getting worst tag might get a full blown meltdown out of them.
    C'est Magnifique~

Internet Favorite

Status

The Ascension - They were doomed from the start when JBL was burying them on commentary every week. They haven't improved and they're an awful tag team.

Thread Information