Thread: 2015 Ongoing Tag Team Of The Year Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

2015 Ongoing Tag Team Of The Year Discussion Thread

So who are the current frontrunners for tag team of the year?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think if Kidd didn't get injured his tag team with Cesaro would be the favourites for this from a WWE point of view The New Day are probably the strongest contenders.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2015 Ongoing Tag Team Of The Year Discussion Thread

Cesaro and Kidd had a killer first of 2015, but I highly doubt they'll win now that they're done. New Day are a good shout.

As I've said in the Talent 50, Dangan Yankees are the best unit in professional wrestling. Tanaka and Suguira are probably my pick right now.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

All the best teams have suffered this year.

The Usos - injured
    Cesaro/Kidd - Injured
    Harper/Rowan - Injured
    TMDK - Injured

Would probably have to give it to the Dangan Yankees or one of the BJW teams. As entertaining as New Day have been, it's not like they're having any great matches, victims of there being not enough quality teams active.

I do enjoy RPG Vice, but I'm going to be over them with 5 more months of NJPW Jr booking.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    All the best teams have suffered this year.

The Usos - injured
    Cesaro/Kidd - Injured
    Harper/Rowan - Injured
    TMDK - Injured

Would probably have to give it to the Dangan Yankees or one of the BJW teams. As entertaining as New Day have been, it's not like they're having any great matches, victims of there being not enough quality teams active.

I do enjoy RPG Vice, but I'm going to be over them with 5 more months of NJPW Jr booking.
    I like Roppongi Vice a lot as well, but I already think that they're getting a little tiring because of the NJPW Jr booking. They've been good in ROH though. And their first match against the Young Bucks was probably the only Bucks match I've enjoyed this year.

I also think Team Tremendous is an awesome team. They're expanding and having really fun matches with a variety of people.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Surely you were tired of RPG Vice when you realised Rocky Romero was half of the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Rusev Day Smod

Status

NEW DAY....WINS!

WWE tag teams suffering injuries has weakened the division considerably though.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

The Twin Towers should win. (The grizzly BJW guys, not the Bossman/Akeem version)
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Yooooo Mang

Status

The Addiction bros

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    The Addiction bros
    Eh, I wish I could say the Addiction. I'm actually kind of into their heel run right now and dig militant Daniels, but most of their matches continue to be kind of flat for me.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

I've enjoyed what I've seen from them in ROH I liked there TNA stuff as well. I'm a big Kazarian fan even though most people hate him.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Yeah, The Addiction have improved as heels with new (new-ish in Kazarian's case) characters, but are still pretty average in the ring. But I do look forward to their matches more because of how much I enjoy seeing Ring General Daniels, who I believe may have finally ditched the outdated "Fallen Angel" for "The Almighty" Christopher Daniels, which I can dig as long as he keeps wearing that jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable are getting a nomination from me in this. Love what they have been doing lately. Good Dusty Classic run and some really fun NXT TV tags on the resume.
    -------
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    Jason Jordan and Chad Gable are getting a nomination from me in this. Love what they have been doing lately. Good Dusty Classic run and some really fun NXT TV tags on the resume.
    They easily deserved to be nominated, if they had been around a few months longer I would say they would be a contender to win this.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Gable and Jordan don't have much in terms of quantity of matches, we've only ever seen six of their matches make TV, but the quality of the last 3 two on two matches they've had with Ciampa/Gargano, Corbin/Rhyno and Crowe/Neville are better than 90% of the tag matches we've seen in the last 3 years from that show and look at the variety of opponents they've had. They are really catching fire down there.

What's more impressive is Chad Gable himself has only ever had 7 televised matches (the 6 tags with Jordan and 1 singles job) and he's only been training for short of two years and yet we've already seen enough to know the guy is good, not an ounce of green on him, and with the potential to become something special. This guy is a natural, the Angle chants are apt in more ones than one.

I think this is going to be one of the most difficult awards for me to decide on; Cesaro and Kidd were a cut above everyone before the injury, New Day have stolen the show in terms of entertainment, but the matches are much too write home about, TMDK were really good but then Haste blew out his knee, KES are as consistent as they always are but they have nothing high end, I like reDRagon but they are always involved with teams I don't enjoy, Twin Towers ftw but I don't feel like I've seen enough of them from BJW and then NXT is undergoing a revival in the tag division with Gable and Jordan at the charge. As a majority decision on the forum I'm sure New Day will win, but I'm struggle to come up with one standout name from the year looking at all factors.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

1) Gable/Jordan - Might be odd to name them as my top team, but I think it's been a weak year for tag wrestling overall, and even though New Day are going to win this by landslide, I don't think they've had a match as good as some of Gable/Jordan's top stuff.

2) New Day - Deserve a lot of credit for turning chicken shit into chicken salad and becoming one of the most over acts in the WWE. I'm not sure I would say they've had a great match this year though, that's the only thing I can mark them down on

3) Dash and Dawson - Really like their style and are underrated talkers, I think they are going to have a big 2016.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Mine is almost the exact same:

1. Gable/Jordan - Fucking rockstars. Gable is without a doubt the Rookie of the Year. This team has a solid future ahead of them.

2. The New Day - Most Improved Act of 2015. Amazing personalities and constantly staying one step ahead. Their work with Cesaro and Kidd was a highlight of WWE in 2015.

3. The Vaudevillians - A quietly excellent year from Gotch and English. I think these guys moved away from just being a goofy act. I think these guys got really good this year. These guys stepped it up in match quality and were a nice relief from Blake and Murphy's reign of bland. Plus, the Vaudevillians really helped making Dash and Dawson look good.

I could probably rotate Dash and Dawson in that third spot. Twin Towers rule too. If Kidd didn't get injured I'm sure Cesaro and Kidd would have been a lock.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Rusev Day Smod

Status

If Gable and Jordan had had a big TakeOver win I might opt for them but I can't look past The New Day to be honest. What a year from start to finish. They were just not cared about at the beginning of the year and now they are the most entertaining act in the whole of the company.

If only Cesaro and Kidd stayed fit though
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Yooooo Mang

Status

The Addiction - they took a decent run in TNA and turned into a stellar run in ROH this year. They have been at the top of their heel game. I have enjoyed them overtime I have got to see them this last year. The addition of Sabin as their lackey has been pretty awesome as well.

Internet Favorite

Status

The New Day - I've enjoyed their matches and they've become the most improved act of the year.

Thread Information