Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Worst Match Of The Year Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

2015 Worst Match Of The Year Discussion Thread

So what do you guys think are the matches amongst the contenders for the worst match of the year so far?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm struggling to think of too many bad matches so far this year, from a big time match point of view II think the Royal Rumble match is amongst the contenders.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Re: 2015 Worst Match Of The Year Discussion Thread

I'm sure Nicky's got his list of 5 minute Diva matches at the ready (<3 you Nicky)

The IC Elimination Chamber was possibly the worst chamber of all time. The match was average to begin with and then it just breaks down as soon as Mark Henry comes out of his pod too early, just shocking how experienced those guys were and they couldn't think of anything to do on the fly so Ziggler has to call everyone's spots for them. Then there's the Sheamus pod thing which went over everyone's heads because the commentators are shit at their jobs. Shame, biggest moment in Ryback's career and it was a dud of a match. I think that's the match I might back to win this so far, because hard to get a Japanese winner in these things.

Rumble obviously was bad. That's a decent suggestion.

Anderson, Gallows and Mrs. Gallows Vs Taven, Bennett and Mrs. Bennett was the dirt worst match I've seen this year, but that completely matched my expectations going in, the IC Chamber totally underdelivered.

Brick Shithouse

Status

The Elimination Chamber for the IC title and the 2015 Royal Rumble spring to mind immediately.

The chamber would get my vote, tbh.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

This would've been a great moment to have kept my Wrestling Log updated. I'll go with the IC Elimination Chamber, pretty sure some of you got annoyed at my constant bitter criticism of it Horrendous match and everyone looked lost most of the time, that plus I wasn't really high on a Ryback victory.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm sure Nicky's got his list of 5 minute Diva matches at the ready (<3 you Nicky)

The IC Elimination Chamber was possibly the worst chamber of all time. The match was average to begin with and then it just breaks down as soon as Mark Henry comes out of his pod too early, just shocking how experienced those guys were and they couldn't think of anything to do on the fly so Ziggler has to call everyone's spots for them. Then there's the Sheamus pod thing which went over everyone's heads because the commentators are shit at their jobs. Shame, biggest moment in Ryback's career and it was a dud of a match. I think that's the match I might back to win this so far, because hard to get a Japanese winner in these things.

Rumble obviously was bad. That's a decent suggestion.

Anderson, Gallows and Mrs. Gallows Vs Taven, Bennett and Mrs. Bennett was the dirt worst match I've seen this year, but that completely matched my expectations going in, the IC Chamber totally underdelivered.
    I was actually going to nominate every single Gallows & Gun/Kingdom matches. Holy shit, I don't think the Kingdom have been that bad and actually have had some good tags in ROH, but that abomination of a feud (and the Maria fixation) reminded me of why I'm not too keen on the Kingdom, and a constant reminder that Gallows and Gun are the fucking worst.

IC Chamber match is a great shout. So fucking boring.

I still think this thread would be incomplete without mention of the Sting/Triple H match that made no one look good. Also, to go with my Young Bucks hate, I fucking LOATHED their match against the Monster Mafia in PWG.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I'll go with the IC Elimination Chamber, pretty sure some of you got annoyed at my constant bitter criticism of it
    I must have missed this, because you gave it **1/2, which is hardly a bad rating by any means.

Nothing I can think of has been truly HORRIBLE this year, but there were a few bad matches. IC Chamber match was one of them. Definitely the worst Chamber match ever. Rumble was also bad. Those would be my top two at the moment.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I can't willingly vote for the Rumble match because I kind of expected it to be bad. Perhaps not as bad as it turned out mind you. On the other hand, I had high hopes for the IC Chamber match and it ended up being the worst ever contested in the structure. That would be my vote right now but I'm assuming the 'E will find a way to top it before the end of the year.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Tamina/Naomi vs The Bellas was quite bad.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Talent View Post
    I still think this thread would be incomplete without mention of the Sting/Triple H match that made no one look good. Also, to go with my Young Bucks hate, I fucking LOATHED their match against the Monster Mafia in PWG.
    Sting vs HHH is a total mess and the complete lack of attention to the context makes it a perfectly reasonable contender, but I couldn't vote for it based purely on how fucking hilarious it was.

Internet Favorite

Status

I might be in the minority here but the MITB ladder match has to be up there. Bray interference/Sheamus winning/Sheamus taking out Neville by pulling his hair and throwing him off the ladder. I disliked the match so much I left the room until the main event i was that dissapointed in the match and usually MITB matches are my favorite

Harley Quinn and Stirling for the win

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

There have been plenty of terrible matches, but only one that featured anal torture this year, so Omega/Taguchi from February should win.

May vote that Andrew Everett/Ricochet match from PWG though, that was the one of the worst straight matches I've ever seen and I literally would have left the building had I been in attendance thanks to the crowd in combination with that fact.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

WAKE UP

Status

Having only watched WWE this year so far..... Sting vs HHH would have been somewhat passable if not mediocre up until the overbooking (and the fact it got more time than anything else on the card!). Then it became kind of a joke. But that said it wasn't a match anyone was excited about in the first place.

The second 2 Cena-Rusev matches were really boring but mediocre than shitty. I'm kinda tempted to say Cena vs Owens III but that may be perceived as trolling.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Another match that popped into my head which was shit was Stardust/Goldust from Fastlane. Years of rumours and speculation about the brothers having a WM feud together and we got that and then the feud got dropped.

WAKE UP

Status

eh, it felt like the precurdor to further matches. like, it was the 'straight match' (no foul play or violence) before a blood fued kicked off, which is how it looked like things were heading. then the bookings just dropped it.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I think given expectations I had for a match, I would still have to say the IC elimination chamber gets my vote for how many good guys sucked hard and forgot how to wrestle, but the above link is the worst match I've seen this year.

Brick Shithouse

Status

That match is easily the top of my list. It's just so, so bad. One of the worst matches you'll ever see.

WAKE UP

Status

some stuff looked weak and there were a couple momens where guys were obviously waiting for their cue, but otherwise not sure what is so god-awful there. if anything i thought the brief psycho/v4 throwdown was pretty cool.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

the fuck did i just watch

that was horrible.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

BTB Legend

Status

Comment

My vote goes for Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi from this year's G1. Was it a bad match? No. Quality-wise, it was decent. But it did the one thing a match should never do; it turned a customer off the promotion. It was such a deflation that I clicked on that 'X' in the corner of the player and have no desire to go back. I know it doesn't fit the traditional criteria for being a 'Worst Match of the Year', but for me, when a match causes someone to walk away from a promotion, it merits consideration.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by EgoFantastico View Post
    My vote goes for Tomoaki Honma vs. Yujiro Takahashi from this year's G1. Was it a bad match? No. Quality-wise, it was decent. But it did the one thing a match should never do; it turned a customer off the promotion. It was such a deflation that I clicked on that 'X' in the corner of the player and have no desire to go back. I know it doesn't fit the traditional criteria for being a 'Worst Match of the Year', but for me, when a match causes someone to walk away from a promotion, it merits consideration.

candidate for "smark getting worked in 2015" right here

Finally watched Triplemania this morning. There's like four matches from that card that could be in consideration for this.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Thread Information