Thread: Kung Pow 2 (TBA)

Status
      Country                    United States

Kung Pow 2 (TBA)

DRAGONFEST 2015: Steve Oedekerk Announces Plans For KUNG POW 2!

Actor and comedian Steve Oedekerk took to the crowd at Dragonfest on Sunday to announce a sequel to his 2002 hybrid kung fu comedy hit, Kung Pow: Enter The Fist. The film was an amalgam of new footage and audio edited and mixed via chroma key with that of the 1977 Jimmy Wang Yu actioner, Tiger And Crane Fist, and it's been thirteen years since the film's successful release by 20th Century Fox.

Joined with the addition of actress Jennifer Tung and actor and stuntman Leo Lee, Oedekerk led the first film in the role of The Chosen One, a "gifted" kung fu fighter confronted with the task of facing a horde of minions led by Master Pain, an evil martial arts warlord who tried to kill him as a newborn long prior to arriving to The Chosen One's town and renaming himself "Betty". The film literally pokes at everything kung fu cinephiles know and love about the genre, waxing hyperbole with parody after parody of tropes from films new and old, including an epic fight between Oedekerk and a kung fu cow that squirts milk as a long-range weapon a la The Matrix. Elements like this, coupled with genius over-the-top voice dubbing, French aliens, gopher-chucks, a sexy unibreasted guide named Whoa, and a lead hero bearing a tongue with its own face made for an otherwise odd, but fascinating compilation of kung fu comedy that still speaks to its audience to this day.

A sequel was hinted at by the end of the first film as well which left many wondering just when a second would occur. At any rate, it appears that time has come and hopefully further news will surface to help fans understand what's happening here with just what lies ahead for The Chosen One, and Tonguey.
    Man I'm pumped for this. I remember they were teasing this back in 2002 on the original DVD. It will be well worth the wait. Come on someone besides me must have seen this?

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Re: Kung Pow 2 (TBA)

Unfortunately I did. My friends outvoted me, so instead of seeing Undercover Brother (like I wanted) we went and saw this. And the kicker is that the friend who wanted to see it in the first place NEVER SHOWED UP! I never laughed once throughout the whole damn movie. Not...one...damn...laugh. It was $10 and an hour and a half of my time I can never recover. But to each his own I guess.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    Unfortunately I did. My friends outvoted me, so instead of seeing Undercover Brother (like I wanted) we went and saw this. And the kicker is that the friend who wanted to see it in the first place NEVER SHOWED UP! I never laughed once throughout the whole damn movie. Not...one...damn...laugh. It was $10 and an hour and a half of my time I can never recover. But to each his own I guess.
    Easily a better comedy than Undercover Brother. Thank your friend.

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Easily a better comedy than Undercover Brother. Thank your friend.
    He still owes me $10 because of this.

God's Gift to God

Status

Omfg I love Kung pow and next to super troopers it's ones of the movies I quote most often. Fucking loved the silliness of it and this is awesome news.

Tiger. Tiger. Mmburdie. Birdiebirdie.

ily

Thread Information