Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Status
      Country                    United States

Jurassic World 2: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return to star.

Universal has announced that a sequel to Jurassic World will be released on Friday, June 22, 2018.

Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return to star. Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, who did a rewrite on World, will write the script for the sequel.

Steven Spielberg will return to executive produce and Frank Marshall to produce. Trevorrow, who is not expected to return to direct, will also be an executive producer on the Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment sequel.

Jurassic World, which opened in theaters in June, has been one of the biggest successes in the history of Universal. It is now the No. 3 domestic release of all time with $614.3 million, and the No. 3 worldwide release of all time. It's broken a slew of records, and has earned $1.5 billion worldwide to date.

The film currently has the 2018 date to itself.
    No surprise here, love me some Jurassic movies!
    Last edited by Necro; 02-05-2018 at 09:42 AM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Jurassic World 2 (2018)

They better use my script from Ask Fuji. It's GOLD Jerry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Hopefully the film has 100% more Goldblum.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    They better use my script from Ask Fuji. It's GOLD Jerry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL

I like the idea that someone posted on Reddit a couple weeks ago. "Instead of going back to 'dinos loose in the park/island' plot, take a cue from Planet of the Apes and wipe out most of the human population, forcing the characters to survive with dinosaurs in the wild."

The problem with though, is that there was no setup for something like that to happen at the end of the first. I'd still be down though.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    LOL

I like the idea that someone posted on Reddit a couple weeks ago. "Instead of going back to 'dinos loose in the park/island' plot, take a cue from Planet of the Apes and wipe out most of the human population, forcing the characters to survive with dinosaurs in the wild."

The problem with though, is that there was no setup for something like that to happen at the end of the first. I'd still be down though.
    Is someone on Reddit taking credit for that idea... it's literally the same thing that Trevorrow said in an interview he and Chris Pratt did with the Empire Podcast around the time of release for Jurassic World. It was his response to the question of what he'd do if it turned into a trilogy, and he even said there and then that it's unlikely to happen.

There was set-up for the possibility of dinosaurs being used as weapons of war though, and the idea of weaponising them could lead to something that saw them wipe out a large chunk of the human population of the planet.

Does anyone remember the Dino-Riders cartoons? If I remember correctly it was two groups of humans crossing into a dino-populated dimension and then using the dinosaurs as weapons, giving them armour and laser-cannons and all sorts of wacky, Eighties cartoon fodder so that they could battle to the no-one-ever-dies-because-this-is-a-cartoon. The minute the military got brought up in Jurassic World I thought of that and could definitely see myself paying to watch T-Rex's, Triceratops, Raptor's and the like all running around with humans on their backs and gattling guns attached to their faces.

Boobage Expert

Status

I hope B.D. Wong is the maniacal mad scientist villain they are hinting at him to be. How awesome would it be to take a minor character from 1st film and make him main villain of a sequel made over 20 years later?

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status

I really hope that Jurassic World II is more of a callback to Jurassic Park than Jurassic World was. Keep Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard at the forefront but bring in Ian Malcom and Dr. Grant as supporting roles, and reveal that Chris Pratt's character was the child that Dr. Grant lectured about raptors (and respect) in Jurassic Park, making Pratt's line about respect in Jurassic World seem like something that came full circle.

Boobage Expert

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I really hope that Jurassic World II is more of a callback to Jurassic Park than Jurassic World was. Keep Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard at the forefront but bring in Ian Malcom and Dr. Grant as supporting roles, and reveal that Chris Pratt's character was the child that Dr. Grant lectured about raptors (and respect) in Jurassic Park, making Pratt's line about respect in Jurassic World seem like something that came full circle.
    That'd be epic, would love to see that. I wasn't a huge fan of Jurassic World as a film (my nostalgia kind of powered me into an indifferent stance on it) but that would get me very pumped for the sequel

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status

Jurassic World 2 Has Cast One Of Its New Female Leads

2015's Jurassic World marked a solid return to the world of dinosaurs and the unwise attempts to make money off of them. Performing decently critically and so amazing commercially that it was the second highest-grossing movie of 2015 worldwide, it's a no-brainer that a sequel was ordered. Jurassic World 2 has slowly been gathering the new folks who will be accompanying Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, and one of the more integral individuals in the story will be played by The Detour star Daniella Pineda.

Variety dropped the news earlier today that Daniella Pineda has been added to Jurassic World 2 as one of the new female lead roles. In keeping with the other casting announcements, no details were provided about her character, so we don't know yet how she will fit into the plot. She is the fourth new actor to be added to the cast, following behind Sherlock's Toby Jones, The Big Short's Rafe Spall and The Get Down's Justice Smith. Along with Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard reprising Owen Grady and Claire Dearing, respectively, B.D. Wong is also expected to return Dr. Henry Wu, who had previously appeared in Jurassic Park.

Daniella Pineda has had previous movie experience with Newlyweds, The Fitzgerald Family Christmas and Sleeping with Other People, but Jurassic World 2 marks her first major role in a blockbuster. On television, she recurred as Sophie Deveraux in nine episodes of The Originals, and she can currently be seen as Vanessa on TBS's The Detour. Since we don't know anything yet about who her Jurassic World 2 character is, I suppose all we can do in the meantime is question if she'll make it out of the sequel unscathed or meet a horrifying end at the claws/jaws of these cloned dinosaurs. To be fair, we're pondering that for all the characters involved in these stories.

Jurassic World marked a soft relaunch of the franchise Steven Spielberg kicked off in 1993, three years after Michael Crichton published the original Jurassic Park novel. Taking place over 20 years after the original movie, the fourth installment featured a new theme park entertaining masses over the same land where the original Jurassic Park was overrun. They'd had no issues operating the resort for more than a decade, but running an operation like this is always begging for trouble, and sure enough, the creation of the Indominus Rex kicked off the latest wave of chaos. No plot details have been revealed for Jurassic World 2 yet, but it will be a darker story that is based off concepts from the novels.

With J.A. Bayona taking over directing duties from Colin Trevorrow, Jurassic World 2 is scheduled to be released in theaters on June 22, 2018.

Status

First still from the film has been released. HYPE~!

Spoiler:

Status

Nicee, loving it.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Well that's an interesting still. Shit is going to go down further than the first Jurassic World Movie. More Mutated Dinosaurs on the loose I bet!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Brilliant news. This has gone from something I was looking forward to catching to a possible opening night viewing for me now. Malcolm has always been one of my favourite characters in the franchise and I have a much higher opinion of The Lost World than most seem to as well. I'm still hoping that we get returns from Tim, Lex, Satler and Grant in the future but Ian Malcolm in this installment is a huge win in my eyes.

Status

Just when I think think nothing could make me really care about another Jurassic World...

...life, uh, finds a way.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Holy shit that's great news to hear first Thor: Ragnarok appearance and now Jurassic World 2! I already had high hopes for the sequel loving the first film, it just went up a notch with Goldblum apart of this sequel.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

You know I liked the first Jurassic World, but I gotta be honest hype or not I wasn't clamoring for a second film. I wonder where the second film might go and from what I saw what's so special I see going on? Happy to see Goldblum apart of the project and his role in this film is rather interesting the way he's taking you think he's the villain. For sure I'm wrong, but this first trailer feels like Jurassic World 1.5 rather than a second film with a whole new idea they are giving us. Hopefully we get see more on the story on what is going to happen in the coming months.

Real Women of Genius

Status

So John Hammond and his investors were like "Yeah build this dinosaur park on top of an active volcano, why not"

Status

JEFF GOLDBLUM SAID THE THING!!!

The pacing of this trailer seemed off or something. Just weird. But idgaf, it's one of my favorite movie franchises. I'm so pumped.

Status

That was.... underwhelming. I'm sure I'll still see it and it will probably be entertaining. But the premise looks.... soft.

Thread Information