Thread: Green Lantern Corps (2020)

Status
      Country                    United States

Green Lantern Corps (2020)

Green Lantern Has An Official Title, Basic Direction

If you've been waiting to hear something, anything about the upcoming Green Lantern movie, the update you've been craving is finally here. Kicking off the DC portion of the Warner Bros. panel, the studio announced the official title of the reboot and released the first official details on what to expect.

First things first, the Green Lantern movie will be called Green Lantern Corps. And you know what that means, right? There will be multiple Lanterns! The big Hall H panel on Saturday morning began with a comic reel highlighting the history of DC Comics and their relationship to the movies, and it was here that the WB dropped this massive bomb on us all.

Tyrese Gibson has been teasing a role in the film on his Instagram account, posting fan-made images to his page and hinting at meetings with the studio. Meanwhile, Chris Pine is reportedly up for a DC Comics movie role, as well. At first it was thought he'd be playing the main male role in the Wonder Woman film, but intel changed to suggest he could be showing up as a Lantern instead. With this new information about the Lantern Corps, both are possible.

The Green Lantern Corps. is an intergalatic police force that keeps watch over the 3,600 sectors of the universe. Hal Jordan (played on-screen by Ryan Reynolds in the 2011 film) is one of the more famous members, as are the earthbound John Stuart and Alan Scott. The Lanterns have the power to will virtually anything into existance by way of their power rings. Anything from constructs to force fields to armor to blasts to floating green fists are fare game.

Green Lantern Corps is scheduled to hit theaters on June 19, 2020, which now seems farther away than ever.
    Man this idea intrigues me. Really digging multiple Green Lanterns.

Status

Re: Green Lantern Corps (2020)

I've no doubt that this decision was inspired by the massive success of Guardians of The Galaxy. Chris Pine will play Hal obviously, and having James T. Kirk in the role of the lead Lantern is hardly a bad thing at all. They NEED to cast Bradley Cooper as Guy Gardner because he'd be PERFECT. Idris Elba is fan-cast for every black superhero and it's typically a major pet peeve of mine (seriously, fans want him to play Black Panther, Blade, Steel, Spawn, Dagger) but I honestly feel he'd own the role of John Stewart. Logan Lerman for Kyle Rayner. Oscar Isaac would have made the perfect Sinestro but he's locked up in X-Men.

Status

I'm not really sure how Hollywood things work in this regard, but I'd be a little surprised if Bradley's contract with Marvel allowed him to take a role in a competing superhero franchise. Idris too, for that matter, though he may have more leeway.

Though I might just be talking out of my ass.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

I'm not completely sure, to be honest, though I doubt seriously there is a "no-compete" clause attached to starring in Marvel/DC movies, but again I've no idea to be sure.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Its funny I was going to make the Guardians of the Galaxy observation myself. Hell, the green lantern corps even have their own woodland critter.

I'd hope that they give a fair bit of attention to the non-human corps as well

Status

Warner Bros Sets David Goyer, Justin Rhodes For ‘Green Lantern Corps’

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer producing and with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing. The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The latter is an African American Marine sniper before he joined the Lantern Corps and the story very much focuses on his relationship with Jordan and the Corps. The story was conceived by Goyer and Johns.

It’s unclear whether the studio would reengage with Ryan Reynolds, who starred in the disappointing first film and is soaring with Deadpool and working on its sequel. They will get a script and move quickly to get a director, so this project now has a beating heart.

Beyond his pedigree as scripter of superhero series that includes the Dark Knight series and most recently Batman V Superman, Goyer recently signed on to script a virtual reality project based on Star Wars. He is repped by WME.

Rhodes, whose script work includes the upcoming Guillermo del Toro-directed Fantastic Voyage remake (on which Goyer is exec producer), is repped by WME and Madhouse.
    Here's some new information. Pretty damn vague.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

So were going to get two Green Lanterns then, with Stewart being the young one learning the ropes from Hal Jordan? I remember when Hal wasn't around or available John took the reigns and did a good job. I was never a John Stewart fan, I started reading Comics by the time John was the main Lantern by this time. He's my Lantern, and I hope this movie pays off with a future Justice League future movie appearance crossing my fingers on that.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information