Status
      Country                    United States

Hellboy (2019)

Release date: January 11, 2019
    Studio: Lionsgate
    Director: Neil Marshall
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden, Mike Mignola
    Starring: David Harbour, Ian McShane, Milla Jovovich, Sasha Lane, Penelope Mitchell, Sophie Okonedo, Brian Gleeson, Alistair Petrie
    Genre: Action, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror
    Official website: Facebook| Twitter| Instagram

Plot Summary: Based on the acclaimed graphic novels by Mike Mignola. "Hellboy" caught between the worlds of the supernatural and human, battles an ancient sorceress bent on revenge.

Status

Re: Hellboy 3 (TBA) - Ron Perlman

Hellboy Reboot Script Is Done, Writer Calls It Dark and Gruesome

Guillermo Del Toro's long-discussed Hellboy 3 may not be happening, but we are getting some more Hellboy on the big screen. It was recently announced that director Neil Marshall (The Descent, Game of Thrones) is working on an R-rated reboot of the Hellboy franchise, with Stranger Things star David Harbour set to play the title character, originally played by Ron Perlman. Now, some new details about the reboot have been revealed, courtesy of screenwriter Andrew Crosby.

The screenwriter, who has been working on the script for the new Hellboy movie, with Christopher Golden and creator Mike Mignola, spoke with Silver Screen Beat after the news of this reboot broke. He revealed that this new Hellboy reboot, which is currently going under the title Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen, is going to be a blend of horror with the comic book genre, and will show a much more gruesome side of the character. Here's what he had to say about it.

"I can't really talk about specifics with regard to the story, which they're keeping a pretty tight lid on at the moment, but I can say that this is a darker, more gruesome version of Hellboy. Neil said from the very beginning that he wanted to walk a razor's edge between horror and comic book movie, which was music to my ears, because that's what I was shooting for in the script, and precisely what Mignola does so well with the comics."

Millennium is currently in negotiations to make this new Hellboy movie happen and, once the details get hammered down, it seems like things could get moving very quickly. As of right now, there is no release date set for the Hellboy reboot, but the project seems to be further along than initially indicated. According to Andrew Crosby, the script is already done and they have been working overtime to get things moving.

"Honestly, everyone has just been working overtime to bring that Mignola magic to the big screen. The script is done, but work will continue as we move forward, always trying to make it the best it can be."

There was a lot of hope, even up until very recently, that Guillermo Del Toro and Ron Perlman would reunite one last time to finally make Hellboy 3. But back in February, the director revealed that the project was truly dead and it seems like this newly revealed reboot may be to blame. R-rated comic book adaptations are a hot-ticket item right now, with movies like Deadpool and Logan really paving the way for movies like this to exist. Studios are now racing to get similar projects into production, with Sony developing an R-rated Venom movie and Todd McFarlane trying to get his R-rated Spawn movie going.

Despite the desire from many to see what Guillermo Del Toro could have done with Hellboy 3, the first two Hellboy movies weren't massive successes at the box office, and with the R-rated comic book movie trending right now, this reboot has the potential to bring in some big money, if it turns out to be the movie it sounds like it can be. We will be sure to keep you updated as more details on the project are made available.
    So this looks like it's going to happen now after many years of speculation.

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen (TBA)

Yeah Silk and I were talking about this news yesterday in the Nash Box and she isn't happy to see Hellboy being done without Ron Perlman and Guillermo Del Toro. She wanted like myself to see a third film and see where it goes because we liked both of the first two films, but a reboot with a little more bit more violence and darkness don't know if that's going to get me to go hooray I want to see this. Perlman older version of Hellboy was great, Harbour is only a younger version of him but he's in his early 40's and Perlman was in his early 50's. Don't know where the purpose to have him over Perlman, and I don't know the Comics so I don't know what's so great about Hellboy in the beginning stages before the first film that needs a reboot. I hope they don't fall on their asses, I wish them luck.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

One Batch, Two Batch

Status

They're gonna have to really sell me on a Hell Boy without Perlman and del Torro. I'm not convinced.

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    They're gonna have to really sell me on a Hell Boy without Perlman and del Torro. I'm not convinced.
    Eh, as much as Perlman is a fucking boss, it's better this way. Besides, Ron's got that Presidential campaign to worry about in 2020 with The Rock.

One Batch, Two Batch

Status

Not that I'm not willing to admit, once the film is out, that this is good news... but I'm interested how it's better this way than concluding the trilogy that Perlman and del Toro were crafting?

HOSS MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Not that I'm not willing to admit, once the film is out, that this is good news... but I'm interested how it's better this way than concluding the trilogy that Perlman and del Toro were crafting?
    What is it with me this week and nobody getting my jokes? I didn't think I needed to be this fucking exact in my language!

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Guy from Stranger Things was cast as hellboy the shariff

One Batch, Two Batch

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    What is it with me this week and nobody getting my jokes? I didn't think I needed to be this fucking exact in my language!
    I'm lost...

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...reboot-1037038
    Daniel Dae Kim in Talks to Replace Ed Skrein in 'Hellboy' Reboot (Exclusive)

Daniel Dae Kim, who recently left CBS’ Hawaii Five-0, is in negotiations to join the cast of Lionsgate and Millennium’s Hellboy reboot.

Kim will step into the role left vacant by Ed Skrein after an outcry over whitewashing a Asian-American character.

Kim will play Major Ben Daimio, a rugged military member of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense who, due to a supernatural encounter, can turn into a jaguar when angered or in pain. The character is Japanese-American in the Hellboy comics by creator Mike Mignola.

Skrein had nabbed the role in August but, after a social media protest, made the unprecedented move to step down later that month.

“It is clear that representing this character in a culturally accurate way holds significance for people, and that to neglect this responsibility would continue a worrying tendency to obscure ethnic minority stories and voice in the Arts. I feel it is important to honor and respect that,” he said in a statement.

Lionsgate concurred, saying, “It was not our intent to be insensitive to issues of authenticity and ethnicity, and we will look to recast the part with an actor more consistent with the character in the source material."

Kim is Korean-American, and the actor is no stranger to standing up for his beliefs. In June, he quit Hawaii Five-0 after a salary dispute with CBS, as he had been seeking equal pay to the show’s stars, Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan. His departure, along with co-star Grace Park, left the show temporarily without Asian regulars.

David Harbour (Stranger Things) is starring in Hellboy, which reboots the franchise centered on the demonic hero from the Mignola comic books. Game of Thrones director Neil Marshall is helming the project.

Kim has been acting since the early 1990s and has appeared on shows such as ER and Angel. He became a known quantity and star thanks to his breakout work on ABC’s Lost, and co-starred on Five-O since it launched in 2010.

First look of David Harbour as Hellboy holy shit he looks like Ron Pearlman with Longer Hair woah. Kim also part of the project things are really shaping up for the better. Now I said before hand like wtf why not use Pearlman, but this news is turning me to the other side.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

Re: Hellboy (2019)

This reboot will be released on January 11, 2019

Thread Information