Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII Remake

On Vacation

Status

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake

OMG YES! I always hoped to see the cross-dressing Cloud in HD next gen graphics! I'm SO excited for this and the game as a whole!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

GMT Baby

Status

I think people who are concerned about the remake have to remember one key thing; the original game isn't going to disappear when the new one is released.

I only recently went back and played the original through again. Whilst I understand that, to some people, Final Fantasy VII will always be those block colour cylindrical characters on a static background (of which I fell in love with), I am still very excited by the prospect of a remake.

In fact, Final Fantasy was such a huge part of my childhood, and I was already desperate to play the X/X-2 Remaster for PS4 that this announcement has caused me to sell my XBOX One on eBay, and I am now the proud owner of the Arkham Knight Limited Edition PS4.

#TeamSony.

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah that's very true, I mean we're still getting the PS4 port of FF7 later this year, so you can still play that one to your hearts content. I don't buy this fear of 'they'll ruin the game', even if the remake is disappointing and it bombs, that won't hurt the legacy of the original, it'll actually gain more affection.

I'll be upgrading to PS4 as soon as FF15 comes out.

Status

Well it all depends.

I think people need to realise that THIS is an opportunity to get younger people into Final Fantasy and get a wider audience. It's no secret that Final Fantasy's status has waned for a long time now due to the newer games (of which I am a massive fan - Lightning trilogy is hated, yet I think it's amazing) so the hype this game gets is going to force people's intrigue and they will want to buy it.

I think it's a given that the battle system will change somewhat as well as the story.

I am very curious as to what they do with the story. They surely will keep THAT moment but aside from that, who knows? I'd like to see the likes of Cissnei, Zack (Aerith's husband) and more from Crisis Core. Really tie this shit up into a great game.

and I hope they don't force you to have Cloud being a part of your party for every single battle... either that or increase the number of party members or bring in the FFX system where you could switch out members during a battle. Also hope they make the final battle an actual battle rather than 1 hit KO of Sephiroth.

I got the X/X-2 remaster for PS3 just as they announced the PS4 remasters... pissed me off but i'll be getting them soon just cause.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

Zack wasn't Aerith's husband, pretty sure it was just a relationship. But I'm all for tying a bit more of the Crisis Core backstory into FF7 so Cloud's history makes more sense.

I think they still need to keep the final battle as Cloud Vs Sephiroth, but maybe that's something they could adapt. Would make for one tricky end of the game if you had another tough battle after Safer Sephiroth. Imagine Super Nova on PS4

OMG imagine Knights of the Round summon on PS4

Status

Yeah you're right, I thought they were married for some reason. Probably because she calls him her first love and shit.

I would like a final battle of Cloud vs Sephiroth - that's fine, but please make him not have 1HP basically. I'd like for the game to decide the enemy's strength based on your level. At least for that boss fight anyway, so it becomes a manageable fight. Omnislash his ass to death.

The summon of Ramuh in FFXV is fucking ridiculous, so KotR would be insanity (although i don't imagine many people will want to go through chocobo breeding to obtain it again):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

I would like it if the tutorial at the start of the remake was the events leading to Zack's death. That'd start the game off well, probably.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 06-25-2015 at 09:05 AM.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

GMT Baby

Status

Guys you are making me so hyped for these games, just when I thought my interest in gaming was waning, it has been ramped right back up again.

Status

New trailer, combat system looks like it is going to be good - seems like a mix of FF15 and Kingdom Hearts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

Hopefully development is going swell. Seems like it.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Looks so good, I cant wait till this comes out.

Relentless Admin

Status

I got chills. Game looks gorgeous and the voice acting wasn't bad.

I hope Barrett doesn't have sunglasses for the whole game.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

I saw the trailer earlier and thought it looks so good. Also I don't know if they'll change much about the story, maybe just touch up the translation from the original ps1 version. I hope this remake doesn't go down the road of Genesis helping to push Sephiroth over into insanity (as happened in Crisis Core) Sephiroth got there on his own, we don't need to take responsibility for it away from his own mind and Hojo respectively. I do hope we get to see some Crisis Core people in the game. I hope we can get some Zack and Shinra flash backs.

And I hope Lucretia is blamed equally as much for experimenting on her unborn child, this time around. Hojo did a lot of fucked up shit outside of that and so he is worse. Still if there are three people utterly hate worthy in ff7 its Hojo, Lucretia and President Shinra. I don't understand why she doesn't earn any blame for agreeing to perform experiments on her unborn child. So many peoole treat her like a victim that it makes me angry.

She in my opinion, should be hated every bit as much. ff7 never indicates at any point either that she was an unwilling participant or a victim, it is deliberately left vague. Dirge of Cerberus tried to make her a sympathetic character but the original game never states such, and I didn't find Dirge's reasoning good enough anyway. At no point was I moved to feel for Lucretia she agreed to conducting experiments on her own child. Regardless of her reasons for agreeing, the fact is she agreed. Sephiroth could have had a normal life if it weren't for them (her and Hojo) and for that they should both be hated equally.
    Last edited by Lisette; 12-07-2015 at 08:16 AM.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Status

For what it's worth, apparently the remake is going to be a series. Not sure what they mean by this ie it will be fragmented but they said they will tell the complete FF7 story so I can only hope this means Crisis Core remake too and perhaps Advent Children game too?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

Touching on what Shake said:

New information on Final Fantasy VII Remake has come out of new interviews with producer Yoshinori Kitase and director Tetsuya Nomura published by Famitsu and Dengeki Online.

Here are some noteworthy interview snippets from Famitsu:

The official title is Final Fantasy VII Remake. This is because they wanted to convey to users that it’s a remake rather than a spin-off or sequel.

Various companies, including CyberConnect2, are assisting development. However, CyberConnect2’s production tastes differ from that of Square Enix’s, so the two companies are keeping very close with each other. Director Tetsuya Nomura was annoyed by the direction of the latest trailer, so Square Enix changed it to be closer to its own style.

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children‘s models aren’t being used because they’re more than 10 years old and are too deformed (in the sense that they’re unrealistic). Each part of the remake’s models have been adjusted many times over to be a proper balance between realistic and deformed.

The entirety of the latest trailer is all in-game, except for the snippets from the E3 2015 teaser trailer. You can alter the camera angle during the train scene.

Cloud looks skinny due to his white skin and the lighting.

The scenario where Cloud cross-dresses for Don Corneo will still be in the game, but it hasn’t been designed yet.

The ATB gauge is there, but it’s not the type where you wait for it to fill up and then attack. Instead, it’s its own system that lends to the action of this game. Its name might also be changed. Nomura says you should pay particular attention to when the gauge turns red.

There are three-member parties and you can switch freely between them. You can also just control one character if you don’t want to switch.

You’ll be able to explore various locations in Midgar that you couldn’t explore in the original game.

The quality of the latest trailer is just the starting point. Now that they’re able to showcase the direction of the remake, they’re moving into polishing.

Here’s Dengeki Online‘s full interview:

Final Fantasy VII Remake is a multi-part series. Please tell us more about this decision.

Kitase: “The idea that a remake of Final Fantasy VII would not fit into a single release was there from the very beginning. We still can’t share more information about its multiple parts, but please look forward to future announcements.”

Nomura: “If we dedicated our time to a single release, parts of it would become summarized. We’d have to cut some parts, and additional parts would come in few, so rather than remake the game as a full volume, we decided to do multiple parts.”

Kitase: “As you can see in the trailer, we showed Sector 1 and Sector 8, but in those areas alone, I think you can see a lot of density. When you’re remaking the entirety of the original version in that quality, it’s not possible to fit it all in one release.”

How will the battle system work?

Kitase: “Rather than a command-based battle ensuing when you encounter an enemy, we’re aiming for a seamless active battle, as you can see in the trailer.”

Nomura: “Regarding the battle speed and tempo, for the sake of a stress-free battle, we want to do something on the level of Dissidia Final Fantasy. As far as the degree of action goes, it’s Dissidia Final Fantasy, then Kingdom Hearts, then Final Fantasy VII Remake. There won’t be any actions that require a technique. By using the new system, we want to do action battles while also being able to fight while thinking strategically.”

What about the elements of the original battle system?

Nomura: “In the end, it’s based on Final Fantasy VII, so elements like the ATB gauge and Limit Breaks will appear with new ways to be used. Please look forward to how this game will evolve through the remake.”

Will the story be adjusted at all?

Nomura: “In addition to delving into these episodes more deeply, we’re preparing a number of mechanisms and such. To those who played the original version will know the important parts and understand the story from the beginning to the end. Also for these people, I hope that they can be surprised once again.”

Kitase: “I don’t want the remake to end as something nostalgic. I want to get the fans of the original version excited.We’ll be making adjustments to the story with this feeling in mind.”

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.

Status

kind of makes me worried if they do an episodic format. they'd have to come out frequently to be succesful. It worked for Resident Evil Revelations 2. They did a weekly thing though. But some sort of season pass for the price of a regular game could maybe be ok.

Battle system sounds dope as shit though

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Just to push the hype train along further:

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fan...nario-complete

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Relentless Admin

Status

After 4 years, finally some new footage emerges with more to come in June. It's promising it's still advertised as PS4.

Looks sweet af.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I was just thinking about this the other day. Didn't realise it had been four years already since they announced it and we still haven't got a release.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Looks really really good. We already know the story is top notch so hopefully the gameplay matches it.

My only concern is that they may not include the silliness of the original. SquareEnix have made all their latest installments very serious whereas 7 has a lot of stupid and hilarious stuff. Hopefully they stay true to the original, because stuff like Cloud's crossdressing, finding Tifas underwear, and taking part in the play on the date are all big parts of the original.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    My only concern is that they may not include the silliness of the original. SquareEnix have made all their latest installments very serious whereas 7 has a lot of stupid and hilarious stuff. Hopefully they stay true to the original, because stuff like Cloud's crossdressing, finding Tifas underwear, and taking part in the play on the date are all big parts of the original.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    I can imagine some content might get cut just to make room or get rewritten so that it's not a line for line remake so that it doesn't sound like a script from 1997.

That being said the trailer showed the 3rd boss that you fight in the Sewer immediately after you fall through the trap door in Don Corneo's bedroom which gives me hope that if he's in the game, then the cross dressing scene is too.

All the men getting in a bath tub at the honey bee Inn with you? I'd put the mortgage on that scene being cut as it was a hollow joke at gay men.

Thread Information