Thread: The Echo

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

The Echo

The Echo

You have to give it to the Connors – they may be the most pompous, ponderous c**ts the gods ever suffered to walk the world, but they do have outrageous amounts of talent

Name: Drew Conner & Ethan Conner
    Nickname: Vicious and Delicious, The Money Makers, The Leaders of the Tag Team revolution, The Dork killers. The Pride of Georgia, The trailer park boys. Team Controversial. The Show Stealer.
    Date of Birth: April 6th, 1989/ June 3th, 1990
    Currently Residing: Gainvilles Georgia by way of your mother’s bedroom
    Height*: 5ft 10/5ft 10in
    Weight: 172 ibs/178 ibs
    Gimmick: Brash? Oh yes. Cocky? Most certainly. Controversial? Without question. But Talented? Undisputed. Ever since they were six years old Drew and Ethan Conner –Collectively known as The Echo- have had quite a journey from body slamming each other in their trailer park from in Gainvilles to becoming one of the best independent Tag Teams in the world…And they would be the first to tell you; They are motivated by two things: A desire to prove themselves as the best tag team in the world today and .. and how much cash gets stuffed into their white envelope at the end of the night. Convinced that they truly are God's gift to professional wrestling, The Echo have made enemies worldwide due to their attitudes and have reputations are…Well…Loose cannons, having been fired from numerous companies from saying things they shouldn’t. Let’s just say CWA is in for a rough ride

Disposition: Heel; Cocky as hell and disrespectful who doesn’t share their last name but they back it up. (The 21th-century face is yesterday’s cocky and edgy heel)

Wrestling Style*:
    "I’d really love to see how one of these boys gets on without their brother at ring side. They fight like jackals".-Michelle von Horrowitz

Spot Monkey's and proud high paced and breakneck speed offence and they’re the kings of “tandom offence” What makes the Echo so dangerous is not just there natural ability . But their unparalleled gift of making any match they're in feel like a handicap match even when the odds are even. Never assume you're safe when facing The Connor Brothers. You need eyes on the back of your head because the instant you put your full attention on one Connor? The Other's right there to Sucker Punch you. The moment you go to deal with him. The other will be more then happy to creep up and low blow you from behind. They surround and overwhelm you and they are damn good at it

Wrestling Abilities: Speed (1) Technical (3) Power (5) Brawling (4) Charisma (2)

Signature Taunts/Poses:
    -Crotch Chops
    -Often gives Lindsay Monahan ridiculous things to add to their introduction; EG: The only force that can put down Godzilla/ Jesus’s favourite tag team/ The men who made Goku their bitch
    -Has been known to put their hands out for their opponents to shake only to either A) Turn around and shake each other’s hands instead B) Takes the hand back and instead give out middle fingers C) Same as B but with Crotch Chops
    -During a period of dominance for The Echo, the Conner that is standing on the rope will jump off and try to chat up any attractive girl in the front row.
    -At random the Conner that is standing on the apron would get into the ring and randomly race across and wack the illegal man on the opponent simply because “He was bored”
    -Known to try and start “These guys suck” chants in the middle of matches-
    - After a winning match they’ve been known to ummm…tea bag their foes halo style
    - The legal man of the match claps his hands together behind the referee's back, who usually is arguing with the opposition, to fake a tag (Illegal, only used when referee is not looking)

Catchphrase:
    “The Party’s here!”
    “Later…Dorks”
    “This is too easy” –Shouted out in the middle of a match-
    “You’re welcome Pro Wrestling”
    “Why? Because we can”

Entrance theme:
    Primus- Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
    https://youtu.be/aYDfwUJzYQg

DREW FINISHING
    MOVE(S):
    Canadian Destroyer
    Super Kick

DREW'S SIGNATURE MOVES:
    450° splash, sometimes while springboarding
    Dragonrana
    Handspring backflip into a tornado DDT
    Leg lariat
    Moonsault into a tornado DDT
    Multiple frankensteiner variations

ETHAN’S FINISHING MOVE(S):
    Springboard shooting star press
    Super Kick

ETHAN’S SIGNATURE MOVES:

Handstand headscissors takedown
    Standing shiranui
    Hurricanrana, sometimes while springboarding
    Leg trap sunset flip powerbomb
    Pele Kick
    Suicide dive
    *Note for writers; Please don't consider this the sum of The Echo's single moveset, these are merely signature moves so don't feel like these are the only moves you can use. Feel free to add any spot monkey high flying move you see fit*

TAGTEAM FINISHING MOVE(S):
    More Bang for Your Buck- “The Devil Went Down To Georgia”

Indytaker- (Skull F**ker)

TAGTEAM SIGNATURE MOVES:
    Stereo Super Kick (Can be used as a finisher
    )

Stereo Roaring Elbow
    Double and stereo enzuigiris to one or two opponents respectively
    Corkscrew neckbreaker by one onto the other’s knee
    Wheelbarrow hold by into a slingshot sitout facebuster
    Stereo 450’s
    Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker /Diving knee drop
    Super kick by one Conner into a German suplex by the other
    Brother one throws Brother two overhead, allowing the other to perform a double dropkick on two prone opponents
    Spinebuster / Springboard spinning wheel kick combination
    Simultaneous suicide dives on different opponent
    Vertical suplex / Diving crossbody combination
    High elevation double hip toss
    Southern Lights Suplex-Conner brother 1 applies a Northern Lights hold before Conner brother 2 bounces off of the ropes (behind the opponent). Conner brother 2 comes back and gives the opponent a STIFF kick to the back of the head, which is immediately followed by Conner brother one completing the Northern Lights Suplex to pin
    Rock-Paper-Scissors Assisted Elbow Drop-They rock-paper-scissors and the loser goes on his hands and knees. The winner runs off the ropes and jumps off them for a flying elbow drop
    Rock-Paper-Scissors Flying Forearm- They rock-paper-scissors and the loser goes on his knees. This time, the winner is aiming at an opponent whose been whipped to the corner.
    Bright Lights- One Conner brother positions his victim on the top rope rope while Conner brother 2 moves to the centre of the ring facing the turnbuckle. Conner brother one performs a hurricanrana but on the way down Conner brother 2 uses the momentum and catches the opponent in a powerbomb position
    Trailer Park Power Bomb-Conner brother 1 sets up the opponent in a powerbomb position while Conner brother two climbs the top rope. As Conner brother brings the opponent to the top of the powerbomb, Conner brother 2 jumps towards the opponent and connects with a leg drop while Conner brother 1 brings the opponent crashing down to the mat
    Drive by- The Connor on the ropes will blind tag in. The Legal Connor in the ring hits a Pele kick while the other goes off the ropes behind the opponent and shoulder blocks the back of the knee, causing the opponent to turn inside out and land on his stomach from the two strikes that hit at the same time.

Previous Experience (If any): I think only Jimmy, HM and Willis has been around longer then me >>

Injury History (If any): N/A

Name of character representative*: The Young Bucks; Drew=Matt Ethan=Nick

Picture*:

Promo*: You know me
    Last edited by An Original Name; 05-03-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

HOSS MOD

Status

Re: The Echo

I should be mad at you for giving up on a brand new character and signing up with a new one...BUT keeping up with a character who you don't particularly care for isn't very fun, so I understand.

Plus, this does seem more your style and I will never say "No" to a new tag team.

Just make sure you do well with this, or I'mma beat you with my belt.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Jonathan McGinnis has a superkick rival.

The E-Fed & BTB BRUH!

Status

McGinnis is still and forever will be the Mayor of "Superkick City"!

[04:46 AM] Punk Wolf: Willis is our Modern-Day Jesus.
    [06:15 AM]Baldwin: Ily Willy
    [05:35 PM]Jon Snow: Willis, your misogyny must be put to an end.
    [06:57 PM]
    Jim: I like Willis more and more with each day
    [04:43 PM]Jim: Which is why Willis > Natural
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: hes like a roman reigns
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: willis has the raw sex appeal tho
    [11:18 AM]Order: I LOVE BIG WILLY

Spartacus - " There is no greater victory than to fall from this world... A free man. "

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    I should be mad at you for giving up on a brand new character and signing up with a new one...BUT keeping up with a character who you don't particularly care for isn't very fun, so I understand.

Plus, this does seem more your style and I will never say "No" to a new tag team.

Just make sure you do well with this, or I'mma beat you with my belt.
    Which belt

​i had to, its not even funny, but i had to.

Hakuna Matata

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, this definitely seems more like your style. I'm sorry to see de oro go, but I'm looking forward to see where you go would this team and like Cyrus said its never fun to write for a character that you're not having fun with and we need more tag teams.

They will be booked on the next show.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Small update
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Status

New theme

Status

Double Barrel Shot Gun Always Get The Job Done
    Handicap Match
    The Echo Vs.Jon Snowmantashi
    Adrenaline Rush
    Jacksonville, FL

-
    You looking at the grand wizard, war lord vocal chord so vicious
    And I don't have to show riches to pull up pull off with some bad bitches
    And it ain't about chivalry
    It's about dope lyrics and delivery
    It's about my persona ain't nothing like a man that can do what he wanna
    Ain't nothing like man on that you knew on the corner
    -

The following is an excerpt from an article from What Culture.Com entitled “The Ten Most Shocking Echo Moments OF All Time”

#2 The Birth of the “Kiss Echo’s Ass Club”
    When talking about the most controversial moments in the history of Japanese wrestling no conversation could be complete without mentioning The Connor Brothers and the controversy they seem to relish with everything they do. Besides of course the obvious comparison to “The Future” Tag Team Wrestling had rarely seen the like of Drew and Ethan Connor, quite possibly the most irritating and infuriating talented tag teams ever to come down the line in the last decade and the fact that they’re only in their mid twenties just guarantees they’re just going to get louder and louder.

There have been a TON controversial moments involving The Echo, from walk outs. Drunken behaviour and general “Rock Star” Behaviour but one incident stands above all the rest, The Reason why if you mention the name “Connor” to any wrestling fan in Japan they’d most likely spit on the ground in disgust. The reason that NWAJP President Zero Inoki has publically stated that if The Echo ever so much as comes near Japan again, he’d be personally be waiting at the airport for them with a bat -Rumours that Celina Sasha is working through a lawsuit is unconfirmed-

24th of May 2014: The Night The Echo went too far.

The really understand what happened, you first need to understand a few things about Wrestling crowds in Japan.
    Japanese fans watch wrestling in a far different way than American fans.They are often eerily quiet during matches. It's not a quiet born from boredom though but from respect.
    The crowd doesn't react as loudly or expressively as other crowds, but they react to more of the nuances of the sport. It is an audience with an appreciation for armbars and escapes from leg scissors.It seems they are watching for every subtle aspect of a match, soaking in things that some American crowds might be too impatient for. They.pay great attention to the matches and applaud good spots or highly technical moves. The quieter they are, the better, as it's a sign that they're being respectful and watching carefully

Even as famously understated as Japanese crowds are,....They really couldn’t contain themselves when it comes to The Echo. Quickly getting under the skin of the audiences with their typical antics, tinted with anti-Japanese comments poking fun at the crowd and lovingly beating on cult favourites and altogether lovable underdogs Jigglypuff and BoBo. Who they won the SPJ tag team titles from -Only the second American team to do so- Given the likeability of Jigglypuff and BoBo and how annoying The Echo were, the feud quickly captured the wrestling world with the simple story it seemed to get the crowds attention with the simple story of the plucky respectful baby faces and the bullish irritating foreigners. All culminating in the SPJ’s biggest show of the year set in the heart of Japanese wrestling- The Tokyo Dome- and in the biggest match of their career up to that point they two teams went hard and fast for a good 20 minutes in what would be considered an underrated classic overshadowed by what was to happen next, The Echo narrowly retained their titles much to the displeasure of the capacity crowd…

..and that was only going to be enhanced by what was to happen next…

As usual, The Echo stayed in the ring far after the ending bell happy to whip up the crowd and shove their titles in the crowds faces, rubbing their nose in their victory laughing and gleefully feeding off their boos. They weren’t done yet, as they climbed out of the ring and retrieved steel chairs which they used to beat on Jigglypuff and BoBo all the more must to the disgust of the crowd at large and the commentators and especially their partners in the SSD dojo Lightbringer and Himawari. Who were in the crowd that night, arguably if security wasn’t there to hold them back they would have jumped the rail. But the Echo wasn’t done not by a long shot. They got on the mic and cut yet another typical Echo promo mocking the crowd sarcastically telling them how good they were, and talking about how Japan love them before claiming they’ll leave the crowd with one last parting gift. After spying the SSD in the crowd The brother’s called out to them daring them to get in the ring before nailing BoBo with a double superkick and tossing him out of the ring and then they were before going over to the unconscious Jigglypuff (who has been done in with chairs) and Ethan lifted him up slightly whilst the Drew took down his tights/pants slightly and force Jigglypuff to become the first ever member of the “Echo Kiss my ass club”

For a culture that prided itself on respect, the crowd was STUNNED especially when they then exited the ring and came face to face with the families of BoBo and Jigglypuff and simply gave them a crotch chop before walking up .

The PPV was brought to a screeching halt as the crowd was on the verge of a near scale riot, calling for The Echo’s head. It took them almost twenty minutes to calm the crowd down and quite possibly one of the biggest pop of the night was when it was announced on the PA system that The Echo was hereby stripped of the tag team titles and fired from SPJ.

In the coming days, the clip was played over and over again on Japanese TV, Dominated the back pages and the clip of the incident became viral on youtube. As a result to this day The Echo has been blacklisted from every Japanese promotions, In true Connor fashion, however, after the incident they were the were the ones to demand that the Japanese wrestling world apologises to them for severely disrespecting them.

They have yet to receive any apology
    -

CWA Adrenaline Rush is deep within the action as the cameras pan to the backstage area, more specifically, the locker room area. The cameras peep into the locker rooms, where we see the various lockers and benches, but something different catches their eye. The fans immediately see familiar faces-Drew and Ethan Connor collectively known as The Echo. The fans immediately boo at the sight of the tag champs, as they stood turned to the camera. On the benches beside them are the converted CWA World titles. In Drew’s hand was a white Styrofoam cup filled with what we could assume was coffee or tea.

Drew Connor: Can you believe it?”

Ethan stood there ruefully shaking his head . Drew stood there, coffee cup in hand as he took a sip of it. It must have been a gross cup of coffee as he immediately reacted accordingly.

Drew Connor “Okay, first of all, whoever made this cup of coffee should be fired on the spot. Seriously. How hard is it to add two creams, one sugar? It's not hard--- a monkey could do that. Hell, Michelle could even do it!”

Drew was completely dumbfounded. He threw the coffee cup to the side as the light brown liquid fell to the ground, making a mess. The brothers would both look at the mess both shrugging their shoulders not even caring one bit

Ethan Connor: Lightbringer will mop that up later.”

The crowd reacted accordingly, as a loud chorus of 'Oooooohhhhh' rang loud. They smirked and continued onward turning to the camera

Drew Connor: Bad coffee aside, let's get down to brass tax shall we?

Ethan Connor: “Oh boy oh boy oh boy….

Drew Connor: We’ve been in this company for a year, almost a full year since we first signed on the dotted line for CWA we’ve been waiting and praying and BEGGING for this match and now almost a year later…..we got everything we’ve been screaming at the next fight night. Main Event. …One of the poster boys. It’s X-mas come early.

Drew runs his hands through his hair and smacks his brother on the shoulder

Drew Connor: Bro? Get your harpoon ready. We’ve going whaling”

Ethan claps his hands together clearly excited

Ethan Connor: This night has a been a LOOOOONG time coming. This should have been the main event of Five Star Attraction.It should have been OUR names on the marquee, the spotlight, that belonged to us, but that night in Detroit at The WrestleRoyale, Michelle Von Whatever saved your damn life.

Drew Connor: ...and your title. It doesn’t matter if it’s just one of us, Or Both of us, at Five Star Attraction that belt was destined to come back home to the trailer parks with us.But you dodged a bullet that night. You avoid the match of your life and instead you got….Michelle.

Drew wrinkles up his nose and Ethan scoffs as if to say “Seriously”

Drew Connor: “Seriously? We’ve meant to be impressed by what you did that night? Beating a girl who looks like she’s a 12-year-old boy whose balls haven’t dropped yet? Who's not even half your size? Whoop-de-do.

Ethan Connor: “Seriously who even remembers Five Star Attraction anyway?I don’t all people remember about it was when the Indy Club smacked around Johnny Vegas like a prison bitch.

Drew Connor: “If you don’t give us the spotlight, we take it.

Ethan Connor: Just like tonight’s main events. We’ve beenclamouring for this match for months. MONTHS on end, we’ve been saying that you put us in the ring with any of the big players the main event impact players and each and every one of them would be made our bitches. Since day one we told them that. Day one. The first goal was always to win these titles

As he speaks Ethan grabs his own belt from the bench and shoves it in full view of the camera making sure everyone can see the nameplate “Connor” on the belts

Drew Connor: And we did that of course, but unlike most tag teams? We’ve not happy with that. The day AFTER we won these belts for the first time we marched into Richman’s office put our feet on his expensive coffee table smacked his PA’s ass and we said; “We want main events. We want big Jon. We want MVH. We want title shots. Main Events. MONEY. We want what we’ve got coming to us, that was always the plan. Pure domination allll over CWA. We get the Tag Team titles. He gets the High Voltage Title I get the World title it-

Ethan Connor: “Woah, woah, woah! Wait. Why do you get the world title? I want the world title!

Drew Connor: Semantics Ethan. Semantics. I’m just making a point.

Ethan Connor: “Ok, Great. So YOU can get the High Voltage Title and I get the World title. Every-

Drew Connor: Hey! Cool, your jets chief! Why should YOU get the world title!? I’m the older brother!

Ethan Connor “First of all, don't call me Chief! Do I look like I am wearing feathers to you?! Second of all, it's called the World HEAVYWEIGHT title for a reason! I’m exactly six pounds more heavy then you. Between the two of us, I’m the most qualified!

Drew Connor:-I don’t believe this- Look do we really have to do through this again? Remember that show we did in Kentucky? Where we were booked against each other?

Ethan Connor: Oh you gotta bring THAT up!

Drew Connor: How did that end for you huh? I pinned you!

Ethan did not take too kindly to that absolute fact that DC dropped on him as he begins to shout and wave his arms around

Ethan Connor: “IT WAS A FLUKE! THE SUN WAS IN MY EYES!”

Drew Connor: “WE WERE INSIDE!”

Ethan Connor: I HAD EBOLA AND A BROKEN FOOT!

Drew Connor: AND YOU LEFT WITH A BROKEN ASS!

The two were bickering back and forth much to the amusement of the live crowd. Drew stopped, took a deep breath and smiled as he closed his eyes and shook his head backing off a little his hand raised in a traditional “cool off” motion

Drew Connor: “Look, it doesn’t matter -Even though I did beat you- The point is, we never got those big matches, we never got those shots. You know what we got instead, bottom feeders and dorks who couldn’t keep up with us on their best day. We were stranded in mid card hell. Because that’s what tag team wrestling has become, CWA had been brainwashed to expect mediocrity from their tag team champions. Every other tag team, before us, has never had OUR ambition. Our desire and most importantly OUR talent! You line up every single world champion in this company's history and I PROMISE you we’ll tear them all apart,and we’ve been telling the world that since DAY ONE. And only now are people actually listening to us.

Sure things might have been a little tense there, but at the reminder of how far they’ve come Ethan smiles again and slings his belts around his shoulder

Ethan Connor: The Indy Club rules this place, WE run this place The Leaders Of The Tag Team Revolution. The Wet Dream Team! The Party Starters! The Golden Gods Of Wrestling. Yada, yada, yada, other names we can't think of right now. Just like we told you last week we DOMINATED THE CWA. We did exactly what we said we were going to do, we told them we were going to take back OUR belts from those two mouth breathers! And now? The Echo are simply the best thing going today! There isn't even a close second!

Drew Connor: Back to jerking the curtain Bruce and Benny…

Ethan Connor: “Drew, this is a family show.”

Drew didn't care and,quite frankly,neither did Ethan

Ethan Connor:“Quite honestly, even though The Moment gave the worst performance we have ever seen since Ryan Reynolds in Green Lantern, the sad fact remains that they got to experience what the main event truly feels like, but trust me,dorks,after Retribution, you'll be back to the bottom of the card, exactly where you belong

Drew Connor:My last bowel movement was harder than beating these two dorks.”

They both share a chuckle at that for a moment before moving on

Ethan Connor: But that’s the past. Now we look to the future. Now we look to the Snowman…

Drew Connor: Let’s go ahead and take The Indy club out of this, let go ahead and take the champ out of the equation. Boom. Nonfactor. No, our problems with tubs started a long time, Johnny shoved his foot down Johnny Vegas’s Throat. See I don’t know if you remember this snowman, but we were actually signed in the exact same week. That week, we should have had a ticket tape parade through the doors of CWA. That should have been the headline in pro wrestling. Hell, they should have handed us the tag team titles the day we walked through the front door. But no, NO ONE was talking about us….but you wanna know who they were talking about….YOU.

Ethan Connor: “Every damn mark and dork were sucking you off “Oh Jon Snowmantashi is here! Oh, he’s so great! I can’t WAIT until he gets a title shot!”

The Echo seem impossibly appalled at the idea that someone actually got more attention than them, clearly the worse thing they can think of. As Drew holds up two fingers in disgust

Drew Connor: “Two weeks. That how long it took you to get the main event match. Two. Weeks. You wanna know what we were doing? We were OPENING the damn show, we some ass wipes that couldn’t hang five minutes with us! This is only our SECOND main event match. We literally crawled our way from the bottom of the card to the main event, while you were HANDED the limelight. No one was helping USout. We didn’t abuse a friendship with the world champ to get to the top. But yet there you were, the ink on your contract not even dry and you’ve got handed to you what it took us a LIFETIME to work for and that. Pisses. Us. off.

Ethan Connor: You want to know something Stay Puff. You’re not as bad as you THINK you are, you’re not as bad as THEY think you are, are you big? As a tank. Are you tough? Sure. But are you….heh….”Kaiju”? Nope

He draws out the word “Kaju”his tone totally full of scorn and his voice dripping with sarcasm

Drew Connor: That’s the problem with you Puro f**ks. You believe your own hype. You all got your heads up your asses.

Ethan Connor: Or up our asses.

They both share matching smirks at that comment enjoying alluding to the incident that got them thrown out of Japan

Drew Connor, See guys like you and Lightbringer, just because you have a chop fetish and you’re all stiff as balls that that makes you BETTER than us. We spent YEARS in your dojo’s and they had to kick us out because we were destroying Tokyo like his name was God and my name Zilla.

Ethan Connor: “Its time for a wake-up call boy! You think you’re invincible and you think were just pipsqueaks that you can just slap around. You think you’re a fighter? You haven’t fought for dick into the ring with The Connors. See You got a handicap match against The Moment a few weeks ago and you could have won that match with your hands tied behind your back….It’s the Moment. So What?! We ain’t Benny and Bruce! We’ve The Echo Mother F**ker! We’ve he the greatest Tag Team this company has ever SEEN. No fuck that. We’ve the finest wrestlers on the globe. We are ELITE. We don’t care if you’re the greatest single wrestler in the world. You’re still just. One. Man. A fat man. A UGLY man. But just ONE man and you want to take BOTH of on at the same time?! You’re out of your mind.

Drew Connor: You’ve seen that movie, wattacall it?! King Kong, See. King Kong was just strolling around using New York as his own personal playground and he climbed to the highest place he could possibly go, and he felt INVINCIBLE but soon enough here comes the fighter jets

Ethan Connor Rat-ta-ta-ta-ta

Ethan bends his hands and fingers in the shape of guns holds them up and begins to move them in a swaying movement making the sound of guns with is hands

Drew Connor: ...And sure he tried swiping at that but they were just TOO fast. TOO Quick. TOO many and they cut his hairy ass full of bullets and he fell all. The. way. down. to earth.

Drew empathise the last four words by jabbing his finger at the ground

Ethan Connor: “See, you can fight all you want, but at the end of the day, you’re just ONE man. Going up against the most dominating team and the most dominating club Pro Wrestling has ever seen. Johnny broke you physically at Retribution and we’ve here to pick apart what’s left and we’d like to say that this was just club business….but it’s not.It’s personal.Ethan, what’s the code everyone in CWA has to follow? “You don’t Fuck with our family. You don’t disrespect us. EVER

Drew Connor: ….And you Snowman. You had the nerve . The BALLS. To go on national TV and tell the world that:Tthe Echo are disgracefulresura’s who use silly means to draw attention to themselves because they not know how to really fight

Ethan looks to the ground for a moment his face steadily growing red shaking his head clearly stunned by the remark as his brother laughs in bemusement

Drew Connor: “He says we don’t know how to fight man

Drew exchanges incredulous looks with his brother before moving towards the camera a step forward

Drew Connor: “Let me ask you something Jon-Boy have you ever rifled through dumpsters, through trash cans, looking for even just a crumb to keep your insides from eating themselves because you're so hungry, you haven't eaten in a week?! Y'know that feeling you get when you haven't eaten all day so you can look your damn finest when the camera comes to life? Try doing that for a whole week, but not by choice, just because ya don't have the money to get yourself a damn buttered roll. Ya can't sleep because your stomach is empty and pretty pissed off that you've neglected it. Ya can't stay awake because your eyes hurt, your brain can't even function, and all you want is TO END IT. But you can't, because the voice in your head tells you're gonna be somebody, someday. We deal with that hunger every, single day, even when we’ve well-fed. We want the world, but all we get is a steaming pile of dog shit on my doorstep.

Ethan Connor: “We’ve been fighting all our lives you fat fuck! while you gorging yourself on egg rolls and turkey legs we were homeless starving on the street. We’ve been fighting EVERY day of our lives while you had the world handed to you on a damn plate. You don’t know the first thing about fighting, oh but you will…We’ve running you out of town.You want to see fight? We’ll show you fight. And when you’re picking your broken body off the ground Just get ready to kick our asses.

Drew Connor:Let's just get the hell out of here, just thinking about that whale is starting to piss me off."

Drew and Ethan would then walk off camera, but their footsteps stop only seconds later. The fans are wondering why the screen has yet to turn black until we hear the familiar voice of one Drew shout "HE STILL HASN'T CLEANED UP THE COFFEE!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" followed by his partner in crime saying "YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO STEPPED IN IT AND RUINED YOUR SHOES! THAT'S IT, I'M VOTING FOR DRUMPF!" The gentle footsteps of these two men that were heard moments ago have now turned into stomping - it's obvious that thejanitor hadn't cleaned up Drew;s mess from early, and now Ethan is paying the price. Luckily for him, those big, fat, guaranteed contracts that they signed are for TONS of money, so his shoes are easily replaceable. Hoorah. Big words from the tag champs but can they back it up? Stay tuned

Last edited by An Original Name; 05-05-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Status

Last edited by An Original Name; Today at 07:05 AM.

Status

"The Day The World Stood Still
    Drew Connor Vs.Jon Snowmantashi

Adrenaline Rush
    Anaheim, CA
    Ruler Of The Ring Semi Finals
    CWA World Heavyweight Championships

It's the week leading up to Adrenaline Rush , one that has shaped up to be one of -- if not the -- biggest non-PPV cards in the history of CWA, let alone the business in and of itself. The legion vast of CWA faithful would find themselves abuzz and almost vibrating in anticipation of what will be (One way or another quite a memorable show). It’s always an event when CWA comes to town and you better believe the city of Anaheim has been milking it for all it’s worth. All week would host a plethora of fan-oriented events, such as an All Access type of thing as well as events for children (bouncy castles, theater-styled replays of past events leading up to the show, CWA 2K17 tournaments on both the X-Box One and the PS4, and others. Fans would be able to meet their favourite wrestlers and get their autographs and pictures with them, maybe even with the title belts! However, one Drew Connor would not be present this week nor his brother to be fair, most fans wouldn't much care for not being able to see or meet the men they damn near
    resent so fervently on a weekly basis. It would, unfortunately, disappoint the Echo fans (or at least Anti-Jon Snowmantashi people), as they do, in fact, exist, Ethan was clearly getting ready for his big title match this week. So where might Drew be this week? Well, were one to venture to the internet to find out, they would find themselves either directly on the official CWA website or on Reddit on the r/squaredcircle subreddit, but regardless of your journey there, you would reach the video section of the CWA site, where a specific video, with a decently lengthy duration attached to it, would expand to fill the majority of your browser (or your mobile browser on your iPhone or whatever the other phones are called). After a moment of silence after we click “Play,” we fade into a decently grassy yard -- front yard mind you. Said front yard would lead up to an off-color trailer, old in nature. There would be a couple trees in the peripheral, but not in the foreground. The foreground would be filled by a rather large trampoline and stairs leading up to it with a few letters spray painted on it. As one could hear the sound of cars passing somewhere behind the camera, one would understand that this would clearly be a property in the neighbourhood. After a moment of this image, the footsteps of someone would fill the air, closing in slowly but surely. After a moment, a man would walk into the frame, sporting a pair of black pair of athletic shorts, the brand being PRGNX -- as one could tell from the logo on the lower left side of the leg of the shorts. His feet would be covered by a pair of black Nike calf socks and a low cut pair of Nike shoes. Atop his body would be an official CWA t-shirt in black. Atop the man's head would be a backwards CWA snapback hat, which would cover up his hair, which would be tied back in a bun behind his head. Scratching his chin Drew Connor would grin. He loved being in his childhood hometown in Gainesville Georgia a place that spawned everything that he and his brother are today and every dream they ever had. He would look out upon the area, surveying the houses and cars, nostalgic about his old home. After a moment of breathing and drinking it all in, he would sigh softly and his smile would fade away. He would bow his head forward and push his hands nonchalantly into his pockets, your mind wanting to tell you he'd be kicking rocks -- though he's not. After a moment of silence and composing himself in this position, Connor would begin his lamentation.

Drew Connor
    “You know, They say that the man in the fight with nothing to lose is the most dangerous...”

Interesting and oddly heartfelt first words from the challenger to the CWA World Heavyweight Champion, Drew Connor As the words leave his lips and hang in the air like Drew does himself after springboarding off of the top rope to deliver his springboard drop kick to an unsuspecting or stunned victim, he would let out a breath through his nose, his shoulders slouching down slightly and his eyes flicking down to focus on the ground before him. He would swallow and then wet his lips, running a hand down his face a couple of times. After this moment of silent meditation and curation of the diction to employ in the following rhetoric, Connors ' eyes would drift slowly -- but surely -- to the camera in front of him. He would pause with his eyes there for a brief moment, breathing softly through his nostrils as his micro expressions communicate his internal thoughts and feelings more efficiently than his words -- or lack thereof -- do at the moment. Finally, he opens his mouth to speak again, only to let out the beginnings of a soft chuckle. He cuts said chuckle short to truly finally speak.

Drew Connor "Everyone wants to talk...Oh, they love to talk! They wanna' talk about how dangerous Jon Snowmantashi is, how much of a weapon he is, all of that nonsense... But nothing to lose? Jon Snowmantashi doesn't quite fit the bill. Y'see, after the last few weeks? Jon’s been piling the pressure on himself, ever since he won that title he’s been PROMISING he’s going to defend the belt ever single week...and that’s great and all, no really it is. So damn noble of the snowman. And sure it’s just another chance for him to show the world how massive his penis is...and that’s all well and good but what happens if he loses? See that’s the thing when you go all in for every single hand it’s great if you win...but if you lose? BAM. NO TITLE. NO RULER OF THE RING. NOTHING. He loses EVERYTHING.

Drew would shake his head , running his left hand through his unkempt and sweat-soaked hair, clearing it from his Tumblr post inducing face, leaving it to rest atop and behind his head. He seemed initially as if someone had let all of the air out of the aforementioned head, but his words seem to dictate a different demeanour, and slowly -- but surely -- his physical demeanour would begin to reflect said internal demeanour.

Drew Connor: “Snowmantashi got everything to lose, but me? I've got nothing to lose and the whole damn world to gain….Not only a slot in the final of the ruler of the ring...but also...The World Heavyweight Title. This is something I've been dreaming about... and more importantly, working for... all my life. And while I'm sure there are probably a lot of other people out there that had the same dream at some point, can any of them really say that they've reached for it in the same way that I have? Oh, I've heard plenty of guys on the roster come out and share their emotional baggage, crying about how they wanted to be a champion since they were a snot-nosed brat... but who cares? It's all fine and dandy to want to be a "World Champion wrestler" when you're a kid, but it's just something that children might say they want to be when they're older, like an "astronaut" or a "lion tamer". Just a childish fantasy that's never really going to happen, after they grow-up... wise-up... and settle into some boring nine to five routine. Even the other CWA stars... how many of them can really say that being a wrestler was all they ever wanted to be? How many of them just fell into this, after whatever other careers they had planned didn't pan out?

He shakes his head with disgust at the camera

Drew Connor: But for me, it was never a backup plan or a last resort. It was never just a childish fantasy. It was my life!

Connor would look almost sad, in a way, as the edges of his mouth would curl slightly downward as he grimaces and shakes his head. It's a toss up whether the shaking of his head is the result of disappointment, disgust, frustration, anger, or any other negatively associated adjective. Drew would then cross his right arm over his chest, gripping his right hand upon his left trap, massaging it a little with his big ol' vice grasp. He would then grab the back of his right shoulder with his left arm, pulling the right arm across his body to stretch his shoulder, lat, delt, and triceps. As he begins to undo this stretching pose he would continue to speak.

Drew Connor“And I guess that makes me the most dangerous man in the fight. You can call Jon the 'Inhuman ' and the- the 'War Machine' and the 'World Beater,' all you want,But in the end? In the end I'M the one with nothing left to lose... And that? That means that I am TEN times more dangerous and violent than Snowmantashi could EVER be!”

Drew would volcanically launch this statement from his malicious lips, the fire in his demeanour being more significant than it had been at any point prior to his current rhetorical delivery. His upper lip would curl,twitching in vehement disgust and stark and honestly? Utterly horrifying
    resent. He would clench his jaw and swallow, taking a moment to regain his composure. After taking a deep breath, he would wet his lips once more and continue to spit his verbal skewers. ....

Drew Connor“Every single person... Every internet smark, every fan in the crowd, every person backstage? They're all against me. They want me to fail -- they genuinely do. Now I know... I know that the fans being against me is something... Something I've faced my entire career, but LITERALLY”

Cue the Chris Traeger invocation.

Drew Connor “Not one person is giving me -- even a fibre of a chance against the 'behemoth' that is Jon friggin' Snowmantashi . Y'know, they're calling him... Calling him the 'most dominating athlete in the history of CWA'... But y'wanna' know what? Jon is not a champion of wrestling.”

As the elder Connor shakes his head, he would raise his clenched right fist, extending and then wagging his index finger aggressively and emphatically. After a pause, he would mutter '
    nonononononono' before groaning or scoffing, it's hard to tell. Whichever it was, it would be characterised by disgust and contempt.

Drew Connor “Nobody gives Drew Connor a chance, not even a little bit... They're saying things like- like Drew Connor can't beat Jon Snowmantashi ... Could never beat Jon Snowmantashi . They're saying things like I can't win a match without Shortcuts or- or- or Ethan helping or interfering in some capacity...

Radiating subtext, Drew would shake his head angrily. Drew would take this moment to contemplate on all the doubters he and his brother has his blood boiling at the thought of and Jon Snowmantashi , whom he views as the thing he hates most. Emphasis on
    thing. Anyway, Drew would breathe in sharply through his nose and in seemingly one fluid motion remove his hat and scratch his head with the same hand (right), followed immediately by replacing the hat. After pausing, he would furrow his brow, still glancing downward. Wagging his finger in the air, he would begin speaking, his eyes slowly drifting back up to clutch the lens of the camera and his voice sounding almost deeper than his usually nasal and smarmy voice -- grating, even -- probably resultant of the guttural nature of his passion and fervor for what he would be saying, both at this given moment and the entirety of the segment.

Drew Connor “Y'know, Me and my brother been vilified for my entire career by the fans, by the pundits -- and, yes, sometimes by management... But never before have we've been so... So underestimated... So undersold.”

Drew would almost gag, almost dry heave in reaction to his own words about how little respect he's been given of late, despite having earned it -- at least in his eyes. He would frown momentarily, his mouth opening slightly as he realises something else he should touch upon, which would prompt the aggravated wagging of his right index finger in the air in relation to the emphasis for the following rhetoric.

Drew Connor “And y'know what else? They're calling Snowmantashi a monster... A beast... They're saying he's the most dominant athlete our business has ever seen.... He's been a champion in Japan. And now he's the champion, the so-called number one guy in the number one company in the number one sport in the world... They're saying he's a God... He's no God... He's no monster... He's no beast... He's a fraud... And the only reason they call him any of those ridiculous things is because he's a big guy... That makes him a big fraud on two entirely separate levels.”

Drew would lift his eyebrows once and swiftly, emphasising the 'how do you like that?' tone in this voice. Radiating subtext, Drew would scratch at his chin with his left hand, before wearing half of a smirk and shaking his head in some manner or another, it's a bit hard to tell at this juncture

Drew Connor “Now, I won't bore you with endless allusions to David versus Goliath, to tales of underdogs defeating seemingly insurmountable odds to reign victorious... I won't sit here and pretend this match can't be compared to legendary stories like David and Goliath... I won't sit here and pretend that Jon doesn't outweigh me by nearly seventy pounds. I won't sit here and pretend anything. That's something Jon Snowmantashi would do...I'm here to do something they never could... I'm here to be real, to be a real wrestler... A real champion.”

One of the trailer parks favourites son would lift a clenched right fist, thumping it against his left pectoral muscle, right over where his heart would presumably be. The shaking of Drew Connor ' head would this time be characterised by a mixture of confidence, disgust, contempt, and perhaps a negatively tinged nostalgia? Either way, Connor would finally stop shaking his head and glance upward and away from the camera as he continues to speak once more.

Drew Connor “Every single time We've found me in a big time match nobody has ever given us even a slight chance. Against the Movement...Krash..Cyrus .. and now nobody gives Drew Connor a chance against Jon friggin' Snowmantashi? Stack the odds against me, please... It'll only make things worse for Snowmantashi at adrenaline rush ... It'll only motivate me more.”

Drew would clasp his clenched right fist in the palm of his left hand, squeezing to crack each knuckle. He would then switch hands to do the same to the other hand's knuckles. Contemptuous, the Undisputed Future of CWA would nearly grimace in anger and disgust, thinking of how often he's been undersold or underestimated. It both insulted and motivated him. Flicking his eyes back to the lens of the camera, Drew would continue his oration with the utmost confidence, pride, and clarity.

Drew Connor “They gave me more of a chance against Krash and Cyrus than they've given me against Jon and y'know what? Good. I hope Jon buys into the lack of hype...Because that, combined with how much he has to lose and how much I don't? He won't know what hit him.”

As Drew gutturally forces the word "hit" from his malicious lips, he would twist himself into a fighting stance and fire out a few right and left jabs, finishing with a hook and an uppercut. As he slowly returns to a normal stance, he would flick his eyes around again, still enjoying the scenery of his childhood home, the yard that he would soon allude to in a major way. He would rub the back of his neck with his left hand, his eyes still off camera. After another moment passes, the Undisputed Future of CWA would click his tongue against his teeth and sigh aurally, making sure to maintain his (well, majority of anyway) silence for another brief moment or two. Next, he would turn his attention, both with his eyes and his body, back to the lens of the camera, his eyes glancing slightly and hastily to the flickering, red •REC light on the side of the camera. Clearing his throat, Drew would point his right index finger, extended from a clenched fist to his right ear and then off into the distance, as if his gesticulation were pointing at literal people, as opposed to the void. It would be now that he continues to speak.

Drew Connor "Y'hear people in this business talk about having nothing to lose all the time, they throw words and statements like that around as if they were insignificant as if they meant... Meant nothing. But me? I've actually been through it, and I actually have nothing left to lose... Those words aren't insignificant. They aren't words to throw around... They actually mean something to me. Clearly, it doesn't to far too many people in this business, let alone this company... Just like this business. Y'see, unlike men like Jon Snowmantashi , wrestling means something to me.”

Drew would look off camera for a moment, swallowing and then clearing his throat so as to remove the Frog in it. Taking a deep breath in through his nose and then exhaling through his mouth, Connor would finally return his attention
    to the camera

Drew Connor:“If it did; He wouldn't act all above it. If wrestling meant something to him, he'd be out here doing what WE do: wrestling week in and week out. We work every single day to perfect our craft, to be the best wrestlers this world has EVER seen. We dedicate every fibre of our being to this business, to this sport, to my dream, to our life. And Snowmantashi ? Snowmantashi couldn't care any less. It disgusts me and it should disgust you all, too. I would rather have that behind me on Adrenaline Rush than the odds.

Shifting the topic ever-so-slightly, the Number One Contender would shake his head and take a deep breath, as if the sharp inhale would emphasise the aforementioned words and the transition into the following words.

Drew Connor “So those odds are stacked against me... They, just like the fans, the guys in the locker room, everyone else, are against Drew Connor ... Regardless of that fact? I still have at least one thing that Jon Snowmantashi has never, doesn't have, and will never have... He never could. I've been waiting for this moment my entire God damned life... I've been waiting forever.”

Drew would pause and glance away from the camera and slightly upward, visualising all of the times wrestling as a boy with his brother a teenager, a young adult, all the way to the limelight of CWA . The smile on his face wouldn't be arrogant or kayfabe, like usual -- it would instead be nostalgic, genuine, and jubilant. Wrestling is Drew 's everything.

Drew Connor “Hell, I was, like, eight years old and needed a doctor for how misaligned my neck was from wrestling all the time... Something like fourteen years ago, I was barely a teenager and- and me and Ethan,we would put on shows in my dad, front yard, right here in the trailer parks ... Extreme Hardcore Wrestling, we called it... We would put on shows and were so passionate about it that there was this... This Benefit for the Fire Department over at the Community Center, and all of the guests -- and I mean all -- started comin' over to my father's trailer to watch our show, drinks in hand and in their suits and ties and everything... And then? The cops showed up to tell us to shut it down, that it was dangerous to have all of these people walking around this town at night with open containers in their hands... I knew from almost birth that I wanted to wrestle. It's all I ever wanted. I excelled in football, in basketball, in baseball, but all I ever wanted to do was become the World Heavyweight Champion.”

Drew would glance down to his right shoulder as if he felt the phantom presence of the CWA World Heavyweight Championship belt there. His attention would remain on his shoulder as he continues to speak, only lifting his head back up to reunite his attention with the camera once bringing up his brother.

Drew Connor “We looked up to guys on TV My brother, Ethan , and it... And it... It's all we ever did, all we ever talked about. We obsessed over it... I still remember the day We told all our friends we were going to this training camp for basketball, and I told them- told them that after this camp ended we didn't want to play basketball anymore. I told 'em... Told 'em We were gonna' be professional wrestlers... And we never looked back. We put everything we’ve ever had into this business, from front yards here in Georgia,”

Swiftly, He would gesture backwards to the yard behind him and the trampoline as well.

Drew Connor:“...to high school gymnasiums to Japan and massive arenas and stadiums across the globe for the CWA The Connor Brothers were born, We live, We bleed, and we will die wrestling. And my father never gave a shit about us. No one ever cared about us but now? Now the wrestling community is our family. And that? That's something that Jon Snowmantashi could never have.”

A proud and genuine smile would break upon Drews' face, echoing the jubilant tone by which he speaks.

Drew Connor “I said it before and I'll say it until my dying day... Wrestling means something to me. But to Jon? We're Young Boys...You said it yourself, Jon, that 'We're just annoying young boys and after everything we’ve BEEN through. All the blood sweat and tears we shed to get here? That's disgusting. Not just to us that's an insult to anyone and everyone that this business means something to. To everyone who isn’t a man mountain like Jon Snowmantashi, hustling in high school gyms just to get within a fraction of the top. It's an insult to my family, and we all know what happens when someone insults me and my brother. Don't believe me? Just look at the tag division, look at what we did in the space of an entire year to tag team wrestling and you know what every single team had in common? Each and every one of them told the world, that Drew and Ethan? That we were all talk That we were nothing, that once they got into the ring with us they’ll shut us up….And you have to ask yourself; what happened to them? What happened to everyone who disrespected us and tried to spit in our faces….and what I’m I going to do to some punk who called us less the nothing?

He would slash his clenched right fist across his body, from stage left to stage right, his hand opening aggressively as he does so." His face cracking a brief but certain grin. Rolling his shoulders backwards, he would snicker darkly but imperiously, only a moment passing before his upper lip twitches in abhorrent disgust, the resent absolutely radiating from his every pore. Porously, the Number One Contender would gush passion and anger in the same way he might bleed, sweat, or cry, all of which he'd have already done plenty leading up to the world title contest .

Drew Connor We all know you're famous for eating your way through the competition come this week this competition is gonna' eat you.”

Drew would pause to let the statement sink in in the way.Shaking his head angrily, he would continue to speak, the back of his head wondering how vociferously the fans would be jeering him right now were he in the arena, rather than here.

Drew Connor “It's gonna' stuff its face with you the way that you stuffs yours with doughnuts and whatever else he can find.... Y'see a professional athlete is supposed to treat his or her body like a friggin' temple... And in that arena? You, in addition to being a hypocrite? You're a failure.”

Considering the laundry list of accomplishments Snowmantashi has accrued over his life, this statements seems a bit... Fishy? He might still eat it, though. Anyway, a brief pause from Drew would allow him a chance to compose his justification for the aforementioned accusation, which would follow the pause swiftly and potently.

Drew Connor: See Jon me and my brother? We had to start literally from the bottom up while you? You were groomed for the main event since the moment you arrived. You couldn't handle where I came from, you wouldn't survive "But me? But Drew friggin' Connor? I'm neither a hypocrite nor a failure... And I'm definitely not a loser, though you'll get real familiar with that concept this week... I'm not a dog on a leash like you, Jon... Know what I am, though? I'm a killer.”

These words would slice through the air as he'd grown less and less silent as the years have gone by. His breathing would grow deep and angry, evidencing his aggressive demeanour even further. His eyes would flick around the yard and street once more, Waving his hand backwards in the air briefly, he would gesticulate to emphasise the severity and length, for that matter of the years previous. Swallowing, he would pause once more and wet his lips, finally returning to our ears his voice, still less smarmy than usual.

Drew Connor: "For the last year I've been consistently proving that I'm not a young boy. I'm a friggin' warrior. I've always been one... You could see it in the ring week in and week out, every single week. Every time I stepped foot into a ring, CWA or otherwise, the bottom line was that Drew Connor was a friggin' warrior. I've been a warrior since I was wrestlin' as a kid, and I'll be one until the day I die. Being a warrior is so permanently ingrained in every single fibre of my being that I got it permanently ingrained in my flesh...”

The manner by which then would orate the word 'flesh' would raise the hair on the back of your neck, it would send chills down your spine. The sheer emotion and genuine fashion by which the word floats through the air would only prove to further evidence how much all of this means to Drew and how much MORE it means to him. One could easily tell that the rhetorical path he currently would be embarking upon is entirely based in fact and legitimacy rather than kayfabe and the artificial character architected as.

Drew Connor “Y'see, down my spine, my backbone, where this company has rested firmly I signed a contract... I have the Bushidō -- the Japanese Way of the Warrior or Code of the Samurai -- tattooed. The symbols, the Japanese symbols -- gi, rei, yū, meiyo, jin, makoto, and chūgi? They translate, respectively, to integrity, respect, courage, honour, compassion, honesty, and loyalty. Each and every single one of those characteristics, those traits? I was born with them... I embody them with every word... Every punch to the mouth... Every kick to the teeth. Every super kick to the temple.”

Drew would fill the air with an evil and arrogant chuckle, though it was a bit softer than most evil laughs would connotate.

Drew Connor: “My body sweats integrity on the daily . Ask every single person I've ever stepped into the ring with... Ask friggin' Truth I work harder than anyone and everyone around me. I bleed more, I sweat more, I cry more... For this business! I do what I have to do...to win That? That is integrity. Respect? I respect the people who've earned respect from me. I respect my elders... I respect those who command respect, who've earned it. Is it my fault that so friggin' few people have done so? The fact of the matter is this...Drew Connor respects, but respect is not given -- it's earned. Courage? What other person in this company... In this company's entire history has had the courage to step up to EVERY challenge, to every legend, every Hall of Famer? I've beaten more CWA Hall of Famers than anyone in this entire company

Drew would lift his tightly clenched left hand into the air, extending his index finger and poking at the air toward the camera as if Jon Snow were in fact standing before him and the tip of his index finger would be colliding arrogantly and challengingly with Jon's pectoral muscle, a classic trope in vis-à-vis confrontations. Soon, the index finger would lift up by ninety degrees and wag slightly at the camera as Drew references the next characteristic of the Bushidō, a malevolent grin on his bearded face.

Drew Connor “Now, Honor? Ha... The Connors bleed honour bleeds honour. I have since day one in wrestling . Me and my brother silenced every single person that's been a dishonour to this company, to this business, and now? Now it's Jon Snowmantashi turn. Compassion? Have we not had the compassion to carry this company on my back? Have we not had the compassion to carry guys like the moment. The movement, Prince Pain when they'd not truly earned it?”

That's a stretch and a half.

Drew Connor “Have I not had the compassion to risk life, limb, and livelihood to fight for my family? Drew Connor has had every ounce of compassion required of him... No more, no less.”

His eyebrows would flick upward briefly, his lips pursing slightly in an arrogant fashion. He would chuckle darkly, seemingly still nonplussed but imperious nonetheless. As his chuckling subsides, he would begin to speak again, referring to the next and penultimate characteristic of the Samurai with a sardonic and confident grin gripping his face.

Drew Connor “Honesty? Well, haha, We have never lied to any of the fans... Never lied to anyone in the ring... Never lied... To anyone. We've vilified for being too blunt, too harsh, too... Too honest. We make promises and We keep 'em... Y'know what honourable men do to liars? They end them... And that's what I strive to do week in and week out. I'm an honest man who's earned every single accolade he's ever had honestly. And Loyalty? Well, lemme' just put it this way... I we've bled and sweat and cried since the day I signed a contract here Ask anyone and everyone, all We've ever done? We've done for this company. That's loyalty... You've welcome . Now, Jon on the other hand?”

Drew Connor would raise his eyebrow in an inquisitive fashion, nodding his head ever so slightly. Wagging an index finger in the air, he would click his tongue in a "tsk, tsk, tsk" capacity, aggressively disgusted with Jon and everything he stands for. Nearly everything about the two would be polar opposites, and it would show in a stark and utterly horrifying manner. Every single moment that the two have ever spent in the same ring, let alone arena, has been quantified as terrifying and violent. Clenching his fists maybe even tighter than they'd been at any point of this segment prior, the Number One Contender would point forcefully to the camera with an extended index and middle finger from his left hand, each poke in the air carrying with it the force of one thousand loosed arrows. With a twitching upper lip, Drew would gutturally continue his diatribe.

Drew Connor
    : Jon Snowantashi doesn’t have ANY of these qualities, no honour and certainly no respect and no balls because Jon Snowmantashi is NOT a real man.”

Cue the disgusted, resentful, and cocky shit-eating grin.

Drew Connor: “In Bushidō, dishonour or failure to embody the Way of the Warrior results in death... Be that by execution or, well, suicide, through Seppuku or Harakiri, usually... Snomantashi should be pleading with me... Pleading with me to let him kill himself instead of me doing it... Because -- as we ALL know -- The Connors frown on dishonour more than anyone in this business ever has... So at Adrenaline Rush? I'm gonna get take great pleasure in executing that dishonourable fraud... Like I'm taking a sword and using it to cut your guts -- or lack thereof -- right out of that distended belly of yours.”

Seppuku/Harakiri style, assumedly.

Drew Connor “You think Mcginnis was bad? Wait till Adrenaline Rush, Jon. You? You don't deserve compassion... Y'see, I, too, can punish people, Jon... And come, Adrenaline Rush , it's you I will be punishing with -- as you might say -- a smile on my face.”

With this, the Number One Contender would crack the most arrogant and angry and malicious smile of his entire career -- perhaps even life. We're fans around for this, they would heckle and jeer vociferously. Being that he would be alone with the camera here in the front yard, here in, Gainesville Drew would smirk now and slowly but surely fade into a more stoic facial expression, though his demeanour would still be tainted by recent ire. Leaning his head in either direction to crack it and rolling his shoulders back, he would almost even look like Jon Snowmantash at the top of entrance ramp. Drew’s' patience would grow putrescent as he breathes deeply in through his nose, gutturally exhaling from his diaphragm through his mouth. Shaking his head with a once again curled upper lip, would raise an eyebrow slightly, continuing to speak on in continuation of his tirade.

Drew Connor:"But until then? Until then it's not about smiling, it's not about happiness. It's not about getting something that I want. Y'see, every second until the second that bell rings to start the match? Will be spent preparing... Spent training. Spent doing whatever it takes to get what I deserve, what is rightfully mine, what I need. Come, Adrenaline Rush , we're gonna' wrestle. We're gonna' fight. Snomantashi only gonna' show up because he thinks it's a walk in the park... And I'm showin' up to break his friggin' neck and finally bring home the one thing me and my brother has dreamed of all of our lives. The one and only thing I've wanted... Needed in my life.”

With each passing word, He seems to clench his fists and teeth even tighter, his knuckles growing so white that it would make Snowmantashi look tan. The Number One Contender would let his eyes trail the details of the camera, the flickering and red light to signify its recording. He would blink a few times as he looks down at the ground, swallowing to try to clear any froggy feeling from his throat. Whilst still looking down at the floor, he would bring his left hand -- still clenched -- up into the air, extending his index finger and aggressively and forcefully poking and pointing somewhere off camera, as if directly referring to the champion, Jon Snowmantashi

Drew Connor:“Jon can look in his mirror and see a champion, a winner, a competitor, whatever he wants, but at the end of the day? Come, Adrenaline Rush ,he won't be able to recognise himself in the mirror. Come Adrenaline Rush all Snomantashi's gonna' be is dead and gone... Because that? That is his destiny. As for me? As for Drew Connor? I'm walkin' outta' Adrenaline Rush as the CWA World Heavyweight Champion for the simple reason that -- that unlike Jon Snomantashi? I deserve it. I've earned it. I need it. I need to do it for ME. For my family.... For two skinny kids from the trailer parks that no one gave a chance... ”

With the guttural and passionate utterance of the last statement, Drew would get a bit choked up, a bit froggy. He would flick his eyes back down at the ground for a moment, breathing heavily as he visualises all of what he's gone through. After a moment, he would swallow, close his eyes and shake his head, placing his face in the palm of his right hand. A moment passes with Drew in this position before a sharp, deep, and congested inhale through his nose is heard. Another brief pause and he would lift his head, guiding his hand through his hair again to bring it to rest on the top and back of his head, his eyes watery and filled with fire and potency. It's at this point, in damn near tears, that Drew would manage to get the next bit of rhetoric out, still froggy. Every single word would increase in lethality, with the most emphatic words acting as a symbolic bullet into the heart and soul of Jon Snowmantashi

Drew Connor: “There's NEVER been anything in the entire world that anyone has EVER wanted more than I want... No... More than I NEED this. All of the words in the world... All of the words I've ever spoken... All of the words Jon's ever spoken... Ethan ever spoken... Anyone's ever spoken... All of the past successes and failures... All of the friends, the allies, the family, the enemies... None of it matters... None of it even comes close to how BADLY I need this, and the distances I'm more than willing -- the distances I'm destined to go... I would- would launch my fist into you so friggin' hard that I break my OWN God damned collarbone... I would drown you with every single ounce of blood that courses through my veins... Would strangle you with my own intestines. I would and will do whatever it takes to take the CWA World Heavyweight Championship... Because it is ALL that matters. I need the title more than I've ever needed anything, more than anyone has ever needed anything...”

Again, Drew has to turn away from the camera to swallow and clear his throat, still trying fruitlessly to remove the frog from it. After a few moments of silence and breathing deeply to try to regain his composure and calm himself, Drew would slowly bring his eyes to the camera, the movement of his head seeming to almost be in slow motion. With a silent but deadly facial expression akin to that of Jon Snow in the season finale -- or the episode prior, for that matter -- of the sixth season of Game of thrones, Drew would slash his opened and extended right hand across his chest from stage left to stage right, as if delivering a knife edged chop to the chest of one of his weekly victims, verbally emphasizing and gesticulating the 'bottom line' he would allude to momentarily.

Drew Connor: “So the bottom line... The bottom line is -- even if it includes me... Even if it has to include Drew Connor ... When the night is over... And the dust has settled... And the bell has rung... And it's all said and done... when you step into The Echo's ring?”

As Drew swallows and takes a deep breath, his eyebrows would twitch, cheeks wincing, lip twitching as well. Every single thing the man has would be pumping and coursing through his veins with the velocity and fervour of a bullet train that's behind schedule. And similarly, Drew' clenched fists would act as bullets in the gun that his body would represent. Employing every bit of rhetoric he'd utilised in the past few moments. He would go to any and all extents to bring this dream to fruition in the same way he's gone to any and all extents to bring his dream of being a professional wrestler to fruition. The one last thing he needed to complete his dream? The CWA World Heavyweight Championship. And it is with this thought gnawing at his bones and tearing through his brain and clawing through his heart that he finally releases his passionate and malicious and genuine final statement.

Drew Connor: “You've fucked Jon...”

Rather than its usual guttural nature and violent fashion, the utterance of the aforementioned statement would be tinged with more nostalgia, passion, poignancy, and intensity. Many a time referred to as "Intensity at its Finest," Drew would pause for a moment, his eyes still glued to the camera with clenched fists and white knuckles. Drew would breathe deeply and sharply through his nose, his chest rising and falling repeatedly. After a moment like this, he would crack a slight grin -- more genuine than cocky -- and stand up nice and tall. He would then turn to the side and amble off up the driveway and towards the house he'd grown up in and developed into the man he is today. It's at this moment that after seemingly forever, the segment would fade to black.

Thread Information