Feeling a little blue? Wanna get some of that rad platinum in your life? Well, I don’t blame you, pretty much everyone who has ever been a worthwhile member of the human race has been a Platinum VIP member at some point, we’ve had the world’s greatest ever quarterback (Peyton Manning), the world’s greatest ever footballer (Alan Shearer), and the greatest commentator in the history of our sport (Tony Schiavone)!
The fine bastions of courage and wisdom amongst you who have already taken the plunge for VIP will attest to its benefits, if you spend longer than an 3 or 4 hours a week on the site, life just gets immeasurably easier. I know I part-own the site, but 3 or 4 hours a night is more realistic for my usage! Here are some of the key benefits of a VIP account, we’re looking at expanding these in the near future so if anyone has any suggestions for possible things that could be offered, pop them in a PM and I’ll get right on it.
- Little to no ads. Gone are the days where banners for Fuji’s sextoy megamall outlet store prevent you from posting your BtB.
- 500 Total PM’s, never worry about deleting those old long lost love letters to Order in order to make more room again.
- Invisible Status, Able to turn yourself invisible AKA the Carl Grimes perk
- Custom Usertitle Requests, a new perk of VIP membership, you can now request HTML usertitles like the ones staff have. It’s not just staff who get those fancy coloured emoji-fueled titles, now you can too!
- Custom Avatars, where you can post (almost) anything on the web and have it inevitably replaced by me with some form of NUFC badge or Davey in a leather thong
- Custom Signatures, if you wanna post that everlasting infinity pool gif that's way over 2mb in size, you can. Otherwise, the return of Jim's Woops! Icon is not to be underestimated
- Shorter waiting times for things like name changes and so on and so forth. We’re potentially stretching this to things like BTB soon, so stay tuned.
- The VIP Forums, Have access to some of the most obscure and explicit sub-forums on WC, such as the VIP chat (where anything goes), the Dirty Mag Section (complete with nudes/gifs of nearly every woman you can think of or recommend), and the Media section (home of all the completely and 100% legal downloads and mirrors for all your entertainment desires).
- Finally, of course, the Shoutbox! Probably the best section of the entire site, the Shoutbox is the site’s chatroom and overall arena of debauchery and troll-hard backhanders. Seriously, back in the day I used to pay VIP just for the SB alone, you’ve not WClived until you’ve seen Dak hit a religious debate, or heard a late night Shake rant when he’s out of his mind on illegal substances. Truly the best benefit.
Now, as previously mentioned by my compadre Ed in the VIP Membership Announcement thread, we are having to change the prices slightly to accommodate the (frankly ridiculous) PayPal charges we receive from exchanging Dollars to Pounds, or in some cases Pounds to Dollars to Pounds again, or NZ Dollars or Aussie Dollars etc etc. This has resulted in a bit of a price increase, but still represents good value for money as far as we’re concerned:
1 month VIP - £1.99 ($2.92)
1 year VIP - £9.99 ($15.27)
3 year VIP - £17.99 ($27.49)
BA-DUM NINE NINETY NINE! BA-DUM NINE NINETY NINE!
GETS YOU EVERYTHING ON W C, LOG IN ON A TABLET OR YA TV!
YOU DON’T NEED CABLE OR A SATELLITE, TALK ABOUT PAY PER VIEWS ALL DAMN NIGHT!
WATCHA GUNNA PAY NINE NINETY NINE!
So, as far as I see it, you can enjoy an enlightened experience of something you spend like 500 hours of your life doing per year, or order one medium pizza from Domino’s. If we can’t beat out that taste sensation, well, it looks like we invested in the wrong sector!
How to Pay
If you wanna join the chattering masses, click the "Go Platinum" link in the navbar or HERE. There have been some confusions about PayPal, you don’t actually need an account, you can pay straight from a debit/credit card using Jim’s handy instructions here, he even numbered them right and everything:
2. Click 'Order using Pay Pal'
3. At the bottom, click on "No PayPal account? Pay using your credit or debit card"
4. From there, just enter your info and finish the ordering steps.
The Admin Team