Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

User Profiles Suck

Status

VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

Feeling a little blue? Wanna get some of that rad platinum in your life? Well, I don’t blame you, pretty much everyone who has ever been a worthwhile member of the human race has been a Platinum VIP member at some point, we’ve had the world’s greatest ever quarterback (Peyton Manning), the world’s greatest ever footballer (Alan Shearer), and the greatest commentator in the history of our sport (Tony Schiavone)!

The fine bastions of courage and wisdom amongst you who have already taken the plunge for VIP will attest to its benefits, if you spend longer than an 3 or 4 hours a week on the site, life just gets immeasurably easier. I know I part-own the site, but 3 or 4 hours a night is more realistic for my usage! Here are some of the key benefits of a VIP account, we’re looking at expanding these in the near future so if anyone has any suggestions for possible things that could be offered, pop them in a PM and I’ll get right on it.

Perks:

- Little to no ads. Gone are the days where banners for Fuji’s sextoy megamall outlet store prevent you from posting your BtB.

- 500 Total PM’s, never worry about deleting those old long lost love letters to Order in order to make more room again.

- Invisible Status, Able to turn yourself invisible AKA the Carl Grimes perk

- Custom Usertitle Requests, a new perk of VIP membership, you can now request HTML usertitles like the ones staff have. It’s not just staff who get those fancy coloured emoji-fueled titles, now you can too!

- Custom Avatars, where you can post (almost) anything on the web and have it inevitably replaced by me with some form of NUFC badge or Davey in a leather thong

- Custom Signatures, if you wanna post that everlasting infinity pool gif that's way over 2mb in size, you can. Otherwise, the return of Jim's Woops! Icon is not to be underestimated

- Shorter waiting times for things like name changes and so on and so forth. We’re potentially stretching this to things like BTB soon, so stay tuned.

- The VIP Forums, Have access to some of the most obscure and explicit sub-forums on WC, such as the VIP chat (where anything goes), the Dirty Mag Section (complete with nudes/gifs of nearly every woman you can think of or recommend), and the Media section (home of all the completely and 100% legal downloads and mirrors for all your entertainment desires).

- Finally, of course, the Shoutbox! Probably the best section of the entire site, the Shoutbox is the site’s chatroom and overall arena of debauchery and troll-hard backhanders. Seriously, back in the day I used to pay VIP just for the SB alone, you’ve not WClived until you’ve seen Dak hit a religious debate, or heard a late night Shake rant when he’s out of his mind on illegal substances. Truly the best benefit.

How much?

Now, as previously mentioned by my compadre Ed in the VIP Membership Announcement thread, we are having to change the prices slightly to accommodate the (frankly ridiculous) PayPal charges we receive from exchanging Dollars to Pounds, or in some cases Pounds to Dollars to Pounds again, or NZ Dollars or Aussie Dollars etc etc. This has resulted in a bit of a price increase, but still represents good value for money as far as we’re concerned:

1 month VIP - £1.99 ($2.92)
    1 year VIP - £9.99 ($15.27)
    3 year VIP - £17.99 ($27.49)

BA-DUM NINE NINETY NINE! BA-DUM NINE NINETY NINE!
    GETS YOU EVERYTHING ON W C, LOG IN ON A TABLET OR YA TV!
    YOU DON’T NEED CABLE OR A SATELLITE, TALK ABOUT PAY PER VIEWS ALL DAMN NIGHT!
    WATCHA GUNNA PAY NINE NINETY NINE!

So, as far as I see it, you can enjoy an enlightened experience of something you spend like 500 hours of your life doing per year, or order one medium pizza from Domino’s. If we can’t beat out that taste sensation, well, it looks like we invested in the wrong sector!

How to Pay

If you wanna join the chattering masses, click the "Go Platinum" link in the navbar or HERE. There have been some confusions about PayPal, you don’t actually need an account, you can pay straight from a debit/credit card using Jim’s handy instructions here, he even numbered them right and everything:

1. http://wrestlingclique.com/payments.php?do=order

2. Click 'Order using Pay Pal'

3. At the bottom, click on "No PayPal account? Pay using your credit or debit card"

4. From there, just enter your info and finish the ordering steps.

Thanks chaps,

The Admin Team
    Last edited by Nash; 05-31-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

I paid for VIP for the colourful custom user title but can't think of anything witty to say. fml

Shit Into The Fire

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I paid for VIP for the colourful custom user title but can't think of anything witty to say. fml
    Gimme 5 minutes and I'll set up a thread for this.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I've always thought Cult of Fuji was a solid choice.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2015~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

do we get multiple colours? if so i'd like RULE BRITANNIA in red, white and blue like the good little queen loving servant I am

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I've always thought Cult of Fuji was a solid choice.
    I'm more in the cult of Postman Dave because of his avatar and sigs.

Sorry, Fuji.

GELLING IS GOD

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    do we get multiple colours? if so i'd like RULE BRITANNIA in red, white and blue like the good little queen loving servant I am
    Surely you'd keep your current one but have it in rainbow colours.

Shit Into The Fire

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    You can do more than one colour, but you'd probably run out of code if you tried to do a different letter in a different colour i.e. rainbow text.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status
      Country                    United States

So there's really nothing new besides the user title stuff? Thought you were going to add at least a few different things. And honestly, the value is pretty much nonexistent in terms of things that are truly worth the price.

But this place has been one of the most fun sites to come to almost every day for the past few years. So I won't have any problem shelling out some dough to help the site. That's more important than having a few features that most of which I won't even utilize.

edit- Btw, it's $28.23 after fees/taxes/whatever. >_>
    Last edited by PeepShow; 06-01-2015 at 12:30 AM.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Shit Into The Fire

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Peepshow
    So there's really nothing new besides the user title stuff? Thought you were going to add at least a few different things. And honestly, the value is pretty much nonexistent in terms of things that are truly worth the price.
    Nash mentioned in the 2nd paragraph that we would look to expand the VIP perks from what we currently have and that if anyone had any suggestions to please let us know. I'd love to add more to what we currently offer, we were just getting stumped on realistic things to include.

God's Gift to God

Status

What about the store thing that other sites used to have? Where you were able to just do this stuff yourself? Wasn't it like a vbookie cash thing or something. Not suggesting that exact thing but is there something similar that's feasible? Colored usernames and titles, could even change other members names temporarily and shit. Just fun stuff like that.

Still thing a wc podcast or variety of something like that would be cool. There's interesting folks here and the personalities could maybe encourage people to sign up.

Monthly or bi-monthly raffles for something wrestling related that isn't too expensive that it would counteract the money coming in.

ily

[Blank Space]

Status

Not sure if I'll phrase this properly, or if it's a good idea, but spit-balling & all that....

Why not make certain threads VIP only? Or say the first page is open to everyone then the rest of the thread is VIP only? I'm not talking the VIP forum itself, more stuff that actually generates a lot of interest here, like Shock's 30 Days, the Film Fave Fives, maybe an exclusive discussion thread for VIP's for PPV's?

What I'm trying to get across is to try using the content itself to sell VIP rather than all the other bells & whistles.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Not sure if I'll phrase this properly, or if it's a good idea, but spit-balling & all that....

Why not make certain threads VIP only? Or say the first page is open to everyone then the rest of the thread is VIP only? I'm not talking the VIP forum itself, more stuff that actually generates a lot of interest here, like Shock's 30 Days, the Film Fave Fives, maybe an exclusive discussion thread for VIP's for PPV's?

What I'm trying to get across is to try using the content itself to sell VIP rather than all the other bells & whistles.
    Not being able to see past page one on threads? Honestly, I think that would just cause regular members to leave rather than encourage regular members to buy VIP.

Olympic Hero Smod

Status

I think the idea of having the most popular threads as VIP only is interesting though. Could do it with a couple of threads and see if it makes a difference or not. You would soon know.

God's Gift to God

Status

That's a bit much. Trying to monetize the basic function of the site would drive people away. The potential there is just creating worthwhile VIP exclusive threads that would draw.

Stuff like the thing nicky is doing with the hunger games simulation. I mentioned a raffle earlier. Maybe run something like that, vip exclusive, and attach a cool raffle to it since it's randomized. Fun and gives something back to encourage.

ily

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just noticed this little tidbit...

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Little to no ads. Gone are the days where banners for Fuji’s sextoy megamall outlet store prevent you from posting your BtB.
    I guess you didn't know that I sold the store to Swamps.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2015~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Status

I'd be happy to do it as a special thing, so for example if I were doing a 30 Days of Edge series in the General Wrestling forum, alongside a 30 Days of Christian series in the VIP forum - I think that could work well and would be something I would consider doing in the future. But it would need to be at my disclosure as the thread starter because I love when my threads are read and appreciated. I wouldn't want my threads to lose viewers, replies and be less accessible in the future just because they are successful now.

Basically without my consent, I wouldn't do it - and if I were to do a VIP exclusive thread it would be in conjunction with another thread, not as a replacement.

Status

Vbookie and Arcade are two common features that most or vbulletin based forums giveaway to free members. Why not implement them and make them exclusive to VIP

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

both of them require upkeep, and are in general just more-hassle-than-reward add-ons.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Vbookie and Arcade are two common features that most or vbulletin based forums giveaway to free members. Why not implement them and make them exclusive to VIP
    We used to have an arcade. It wasn't used much and ultimately, it was just taking up room on the server. It's hard to entice people to pay money to play games you can play for free anywhere else.

For vBookie, it's a huge job to keep it running. Like our arcade, it wasn't being used too much either.

Thread Information