Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

Heel Champion

Status

Re: VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

I get it completely and think it would, as you say, increase traffic to the section but also, it's like E-Fed being advertised. I remember a lot of people kicking up a fuss about E-Fed who never ventured into the place when it was being advertised, doing so with the BTB section could possibly do the same. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love it to happen but I'd be more concerned it pisses the VIP members who don't go to the section off having something like that stickied.

EDIT: BTBOTM and Tournaments would be cool to do but then that's not exactly a VIP related thing as non-VIP threads can be voted on.

God's Gift to God

Status

People were bitching about efed simply because it was on the sidebar. It's really as simple as people just not paying attention to something that they have no interest in.

ily

Captain Hammered

Status

Slightly off topic but still mostly on, as a way to generate more VIP interest:

Someone suggested something along these lines, but this is totally different.

Make some of the better VIP threads partially viewable for non-VIP. For example, let the non-VIP see the first page or first post of Nicky's Hunger Games thread. Want to see the rest? Get VIP. This way nothing the non-VIP would have already seen is taken away, but they're given a few more crumbs to entice them to buy the whole cookie.

Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

I don't really read many BTBs, but making the "better BTBs" viewable to only VIPs is way too subjective. That wouldn't be fair to some people who have really good ones going and a few others who might not care for it. If you're going to make certain ones available to VIP only, reward the ones who have been going at it for a while and have a strong following. Say like 500+ replies.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Just my opinion but i dont think people will pay money to read a BTB

BROTHER

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

FIGHT OWENS FIGHT

Status
      Country                    Australia

Just my two cents but I think a better quality/quantity of VIP threads is certainly the way to go. I 100% agree with that not meaning a lesser amount of content or access for a general member as that would just turn them away, but the VIP section of the forum could certainly do with some extra cool stuff. That's not to say I'm unhappy with the current model, as I have been for a few years now, but I think some more real cool threads or discussion available to VIP's only other than that one random VIP discussion thread would certainly be a perk

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post

BROTHER
    They won't. No offence to who thought it up, but it's silly. Besides, why would a BTB writer want a reduced audience? Who does that favour?

[12:14 AM] Nash: Jiggs is reaching top 5 Nash fave GOAT status in such rapid speed
    [12:15 AM]
    Nash: it'll definitely go to his head

The Osiris

Status

To get more people to sign up for VIP, you need to get more people to the board in general.

There are too many slow periods in the wrestling forums and I think that is why you see large amounts of users posting a few times and then vanishing. You have to find a way to stimulate activity on the main product to not only capture new members, but to keep them. If you can keep the new members, then you have a pool of new prospects that can become potential VIPers to join the community.

You wouldn't have to add much more value to the VIP membership if you have more people to sell VIP to.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.

User Profiles Suck

Status

Completely right Enzo, and Ed has done amazing work on twitter (I'm doing what I can on Reddit but it's a tough climate) to increase our base. Our number have followers has grown dramatically, and we've had a few new users come in.

I can't speak for what Eds plans are, but seeing as were both pretty sure that we'll be in it for the long haul, I wanted to focus on ironing out the kinks and getting ourself in a place where we are comfortable in ownership this first year. Were both new to this game, and there's more to learn than you might think. Focussing on possible growth areas and ways to challenge some of the larger forums out there was my target for next year, but of course I'm always open to suggestions whenever and however.
    [02:12 AM] Dakstang : Nash you act tough because you attempt to talk shit and insult people but if you were forced to pay for your shit talking in person you would cower like that bitch ass pussy that you are.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1\ Fantrax Division 2

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall

WC Fantasy Basketball
    2013 - 13/6 - 2nd in Regular Season, 3rd Overall
    2014 - 11/8 - Tied 3rd in Regular Season, 4th Overall
    2015 - 10/9 - Tied 4th in Regular Season, 4th Overall

Dook Blowz

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post

BROTHER
    Very true! You couldn't pay me to read one!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

The BROwner

Status
      Country                    England

That 'VIP Exclusive BTB's' idea feels like the result of Chinese whispers, because I don't think anyone actually put it forward as an idea, it just developed from reply to reply.

Not a good idea anyway. No one would pay for it, and the writer wouldn't want a reduced audience.

The Osiris

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Completely right Enzo, and Ed has done amazing work on twitter (I'm doing what I can on Reddit but it's a tough climate) to increase our base. Our number have followers has grown dramatically, and we've had a few new users come in.

I can't speak for what Eds plans are, but seeing as were both pretty sure that we'll be in it for the long haul, I wanted to focus on ironing out the kinks and getting ourself in a place where we are comfortable in ownership this first year. Were both new to this game, and there's more to learn than you might think. Focussing on possible growth areas and ways to challenge some of the larger forums out there was my target for next year, but of course I'm always open to suggestions whenever and however.

Have you guys thought about building a website as a front door for the forums? It will help with organic SEO and also gives a little more visibility for WC in general. It doesn't have to be an expensive site, use a website builder like Wix that makes really awesome sites super easy and most importantly, FREE. It's $10/month for hosting and you can buy the domain independently.

When I was taking side work, I was turning those suckers out FAST and making decent money doing it. And you can load it up ala the other wrestling sites with copy and pasted news and you can spotlight Shocks and the other's reviews on the front page. Plus you have a ton of graphics guys here who make hella avatars that are never used anyways, so you can have them contribute with the banner and site graphics. Really make it a community page on the cheap.

It will add another dimension to the offerings, will lend more credibility to the board as a whole and its another way to add value to the VIP Package. For instance, have a "Featured Member" Article spotlight every week for the members that do like to write reviews and PBPs, but only VIPs can enter their articles to be spotlighted.

There are more things you can do for a $10 investment a month to have a site and it will help get this place poppin more.

I'm more than happy to help, pro bono, to be honest. If you want, you can email me at jason@centralvalleymedia.com . (Please, no one be a dick and put my address onto lists,plz. Seriously tryna help this place.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Legendary OG Kid
    Nerds like Nicky, Peepshow and Yeezus are considered cool here and a morbidly obese Booty is considered an OG here. Nicky is a tranny and he got more balls than you.

God's Gift to God

Status

That's the homepage I was referring to earlier. When I was staff for five minutes I remember dd mentioning wanting to do it. That's where you can post shit like podcasts or whatnot. It gives a searchable aspect to wc that doesn't exist (wrestling podcast) and allows the possibility to bring more traffic in, which this would benefit from greatly.

ily

The BROwner

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo Malenko View Post
    Have you guys thought about building a website as a front door for the forums? It will help with organic SEO and also gives a little more visibility for WC in general. It doesn't have to be an expensive site, use a website builder like Wix that makes really awesome sites super easy and most importantly, FREE. It's $10/month for hosting and you can buy the domain independently.

When I was taking side work, I was turning those suckers out FAST and making decent money doing it. And you can load it up ala the other wrestling sites with copy and pasted news and you can spotlight Shocks and the other's reviews on the front page. Plus you have a ton of graphics guys here who make hella avatars that are never used anyways, so you can have them contribute with the banner and site graphics. Really make it a community page on the cheap.

It will add another dimension to the offerings, will lend more credibility to the board as a whole and its another way to add value to the VIP Package. For instance, have a "Featured Member" Article spotlight every week for the members that do like to write reviews and PBPs, but only VIPs can enter their articles to be spotlighted.

There are more things you can do for a $10 investment a month to have a site and it will help get this place poppin more.

I'm more than happy to help, pro bono, to be honest. If you want, you can email me at jason@centralvalleymedia.com . (Please, no one be a dick and put my address onto lists,plz. Seriously tryna help this place.)
    I've thought about doing something like that before, but I'm not sure it's the right fit for us and for WC. I've been a staff member on here for almost 4 years, and the reason I've lasted that long is because it's always been a fun hobby to relieve the stresses of my actual job and I only have to deal with the topics I'm interested in. The thought of having to sacrifice time on the forum to update a homepage every day with news and rumours and forum content, on top of doing it on twitter, sounds like a chore and could kill my enjoyment here. I don't deny that a home page might increase traffic numbers, but that's no guarantee of increased members who stick around; a lot of these type of wrestling news and article sites tend to have really quiet forums because more efforts going into the homepage than into the forum itself. It's certainly something to ponder on for the future, but we're focusing on 'in house' stuff like VIP membership and forum content at the moment, it's more important to get that sorted first. This would be quite the radical change and we're juggling too many balls at the moment to really focus on it.

Thanks for the suggestion and the offer of help. I totally agree with your earlier point about more new members increasing the chance of more VIP members.

Your Graphics Heel

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I've thought about doing something like that before, but I'm not sure it's the right fit for us and for WC. I've been a staff member on here for almost 4 years, and the reason I've lasted that long is because it's always been a fun hobby to relieve the stresses of my actual job and I only have to deal with the topics I'm interested in. The thought of having to sacrifice time on the forum to update a homepage every day with news and rumours and forum content, on top of doing it on twitter, sounds like a chore and could kill my enjoyment here. I don't deny that a home page might increase traffic numbers, but that's no guarantee of increased members who stick around; a lot of these type of wrestling news and article sites tend to have really quiet forums because more efforts going into the homepage than into the forum itself. It's certainly something to ponder on for the future, but we're focusing on 'in house' stuff like VIP membership and forum content at the moment, it's more important to get that sorted first. This would be quite the radical change and we're juggling too many balls at the moment to really focus on it.

Thanks for the suggestion and the offer of help. I totally agree with your earlier point about more new members increasing the chance of more VIP members.
    You wouldn't need to update the homepage yourself. You just put out a call for new staff to work for that site and copy/paste news. They generally work for free on sites like, well, not sure if I can name dirtsheets or whatnot. Just try to think of ways to go beyond being just another news aggregate and try to score interviews, photos, reviews, and stuff like that of your own. Then again, you would be changing the identity of the place by going in this direction. This also has nothing to do with VIP, so...

Oh, you wouldn't necessarily need WIX since I'm assuming you have server space. Just throw on a free CMS and go from there. You would have to be careful about specific add-ons and make sure they're free beyond just general/non-profit use.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

I WENT PLAT AND I WENT BACK COME AT ME

PS I'd pay to read a btb if Papa would write another one

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Future Pink Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    I WENT PLAT AND I WENT BACK COME AT ME
    It's cool, Shake's my new GoT talk dude. You've been replaced
    The Amazing Spider-Man Review Thread
    ​​
    3/9 Assignments Finished - then - FREEDOM!

Brit Wres | Indie Wres | Lucha | Puro

Stud Muffin

Status

A home page would kill every single link built over the last 7 years.

Google is ten times a more powerful device than twitter, facebook and reddit combined. If I learned anything over 10 years its that people need to find this site on their own, not by mentioning us on other social media. Or word of mouth at other wrestling forums.

At this point everyone who visits wrestling forums knows who WC is.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Didn't we have a home page years ago? I feel like we did, or if it wasn't here, somewhere that WC ate up did? Either way, it wasn't a good idea then and I'd say it certainly isn't now. Seems to kill wrestling forums!

And he scores goals...!

On Vacation

Status

Theres a certain other well known wrestling forum(where I leech some media) that has recently added a homepage, I hate it.

Thread Information