Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    England

Re: VIP Membership - Once you go Plat, you'll never go back

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Vbookie and Arcade are two common features that most or vbulletin based forums giveaway to free members. Why not implement them and make them exclusive to VIP
    Although I would like to see it come back I think the arcade was a huge strain on the server.

EDIT Mike and Jim beat me to it.

Status

I can see the points made by suntan Superman and by Jim.

I would say that all of the refugee PWS members that came to the forum back in 2014 would make heavy use of the vbookie system. lord knows that they did back then. I am not entirely too knowledgeable about how much server space it would take up but I know if you had a dedicated admin for the vBulletin section, maybe two of them, mayb the upkeep should not be substantial. Granted I am only speaking from my knowledge as an admin on PWS and what worked there may not work here and I may just be talking out of my ass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

I pay solely for the SB tbh but things like Nicky's hunger games simulation was the shit so more stuff like that would be absolutely awesome. If someone could stick to it, WC being booked in a wrestling show would be awesome, alas, most folks flake when they do it :/ Maybe I'll attempt it one day. The thing is most non-VIP members aren't aware of threads like Nicky's hunger games thing so they wouldn't really be motivated for it.

Bigger perks like a colored name (I don't know if there was one this year) for those tournaments we have like the RR/KOWC and shiz that are more exclusive to VIP's might help. Depends. I think they're pretty fun but not everyone loves them.

I am curious if people might be willing to buy VIP for half of BTB-waiting period. I think this would be a push especially for the sanctity of that section but I could see some members being willing to pay VIP to have 2 threads at any given time? I don't know, just a suggestion. I think I'd be willing but again, I pay for SB anyways so.

Quote Originally Posted by LeJon Brames View Post
    I am curious if people might be willing to buy VIP for half of BTB-waiting period. I think this would be a push especially for the sanctity of that section but I could see some members being willing to pay VIP to have 2 threads at any given time? I don't know, just a suggestion. I think I'd be willing but again, I pay for SB anyways so.
    With how popular the BTB section is, it would be a fine idea to offer VIP perks towards BTB writers. Whether it's shorter waiting periods, able to post more than one BTB at a time, ect.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

The return of vBookie is an interesting one, definitely. It's the prizes that need a good think about, even if it's something like 500k gives you a coloured name for a month as the only prize or something. Virtual gambling is fun, and I'll look into managing it because I definitely would give it a shot at running it so long as it's not too tricky.

To let you know we toyed with entry to KOWC and the Rumble being VIP only, but we quickly realised they weren't our competitions to play with, they're Nicky and Dave's babies. Thoughts on that?

I do like the idea of a raffle-y type thing, great thinking cox. Once again, suitable prizes is the issue, but I'm sure we can put our heads together.

We're hoping to progress more with perks with a view to Summer, these are all great ideas. However, exclusive VIP wrestling threads is not gunna happen, but fun content - sure. I've got a thread of my own in mind for summer anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

Status

V cash can also be used for graphics requests from the reputable artists that we have as well as entry into tournaments and other community-based threads

FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

God's Gift to God

Status

In terms of prizes I was thinking like bluray/dvds like when wwe releases their new docs. Or if you run a raffle or tie it to a hunger games like simulation you can make the prize based off that. Like run a themed raffle or something and maybe try to garner interest in that.

Like the 30 days of thread. Awesome thread. Maybe each month whoever the subject is, add a prize to it relevant and to be eligible you have to actively participate in the thread. Like 30 days of the shield and at the conclusion the winner gets the shield doc. Something like that. Obvs more thought can be put into it.

Then when Mike and I do our VIP EXCLUSIVE podcast we'll be drawing like crazy. Attitude era austin levels Holla at cha boys

ily

Status

^ I think offering physical prizes is counter-productive to the ultimate objective which is to generate revenue on the site. If there are only a handful of people actually paying for VIP, shelling out cash for prizes to award people in vBookie is counterproductive. They'd end up spending more money than they make

God's Gift to God

Status

I mean there wouldn't be crazy expensive prizes starting out. And it'd have to be small scale to try and gauge a potential pool of interest. Something like a wrestling doc or wwe shop gift card wouldn't break the bank in small doses

ily

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

In terms of BTB perks, I would personally be against allowing multiple threads at once but have no issue working out a decreased waiting time. Multiple threads at once just seems like a bad idea to me.

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status

Well, it looks like everyone's had an interesting day on here whilst I've been at work. A lot of catching up to do, in general, loving the spitballing of ideas:

- I've never heard of the vB Shop thing, I'm guessing that goes hand in hand with the vBookie returning. I think we tried to get prizes going last time and it ultimately fell on it's ass. Looking over the DragonByte mod for it, seems like some of the things you can buy are already offered with normal VIP membership like usertitles, name changes etc.

- I got no problem with a VIP raffle of some type, plenty of wrestling related prizes we could offer out.

- I think KOWC as a VIP exclusive could work. We've got more than 32 VIP members and it would stop that pesky Carl Grimes PM'ing noobs to win (just kidding, <3 Carl). Also people wouldn't have to walk on eggshells when discussing members, with it being in the VIP section you can say (almost) anything you want without being infracted for flaming. I thought Nicky told you to run it this year Nash?

- I'm more in line with Baldwin's thoughts on the BTB Section. I think maybe halving the waiting times would seem like a nice reward for the VIP'ers in that section, let's face it if you are a BTB writer with VIP, you've been here long enough to feel like you shouldn't have to wait a whole month to start again like the Choxy's and Kid's of the section do. The double threads thing doesn't seem like that much of a perk because so few people would actually want to write two wrestling threads at the same time. I'm not sure if this section only VIP perks could apply anywhere else, I don't really like interfering with E-fed stuff, it's like their own world.

- VIP Podcast is an interesting idea, the wrestling podcast market is so crowded it's not like if we ran a normal one that everyone could listen that we'd get many non-WC listeners anyway. With it being VIP exclusive, it's a little bit of fun for us that doesn't need to follow rules and such, I'd certainly listen to it. My only concern is I can't really help with this sort of thing other than give you what you need on the board side of things, not that anyone wanted to hear a guy from Dudley talk for an hour anyway

- Really not sure about turning normal threads into VIP exclusives, the VIP perks should feel like extra stuff you can gain, whereas that feels like giving the regular members a reduced service. It also fucks up me tweeting out the good content guests can see, plus I don't want to put extra strain on the likes of Shock to have to deliver us a review a day, not interested in taking the fun out of people's projects. I'm all for a better quality of thread in the VIP section though.

- Zero and I were talking over the idea of writing a wrestling ebook that would be free to download for VIP members. It's in the early stages of planning so I can't promise anything

Think that's everything that was mentioned in the thread so far. Good suggestions to chew over.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    In terms of BTB perks, I would personally be against allowing multiple threads at once but have no issue working out a decreased waiting time. Multiple threads at once just seems like a bad idea to me.
    Baldwin's always the conservative with these stuffs

@Ed too: I'll disagree. Decreased wait time isn't that big a deal, definitely not really something worth paying for (a lot of people have skimmed this rule too anyways). And it's not like we're saying three-four threads, just two threads isn't that bad. And I know guys like Kilik, Shade, Order even and I'm sure another few of the folks there have wanted to do a second thread, often with someone else but weren't willing to sacrifice their active ones (thank God Order was but I'm sure he was reluctant to do so and still wants to go back to it). Kilik and Shade I know have both wanted to be in split threads as well, (I believe Shade wanted in on NWA long ago but didn't want to sacrifice his PWR, might be incorrect) and Kilik has mentioned it more than once that he wanted a split thread too. The threat of having 60 days off if your split thread fails is always a domineering one or even the threat of you can't touch your other thread anymore while you're doing that split thread. So yeah, I do think it's something a few of us would appreciate and maybe some of the non-VIP members might be willing to shift to a VIP account for it as well.

Heel Champion

Status

I'm still against it. It's hard enough keeping up one thread but to try and keep up two doesn't sound like a good idea to me at all. One thread, in my opinion, is enough per member.

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status

I'm gonna make a poll in the BTB Section, get a better gauge of things. I would of thought reduced waiting times would be the bigger hit, but I could be wrong.

Don't forget there's the non-wrestling section as well, allowing 2nd threads means you could end up with 4 different threads on the go Jon.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm gonna make a poll in the BTB Section, get a better gauge of things. I would of thought reduced waiting times would be the bigger hit, but I could be wrong.

Don't forget there's the non-wrestling section as well, allowing 2nd threads means you could end up with 4 different threads on the go Jon.
    That's true. I am of the firm belief that most people who can't handle one thread are just naturally flaky, it usually (not saying there aren't exceptions) has nothing to do with time or what not. Order, Sykotic, Kilik, Shade (this guy handles like 20 ideas at once) among others are consistent no matter, they're smart enough to know how much they can handle (and most other dudes who have long threads do too). I do understand that it could mean 4 threads but I'd like to think no one (besides maybe Shade, but he can handle it hypothetically) will go that far. The waiting time would have to be enforced more strictly if it does go through though.

I can see others seeing Baldwin's point of view too anyways.

Heel Champion

Status

I can understand altering rules and that to suit giving VIP members new perks but tampering with a formula in the section that works well isn't something I'm keen on. I'm a big fan of where the BTB section is at right now but don't believe this idea would be a good one to implement. Sure, a few could probably handle it (especially Shade) but again, it's just not something I'm a fan of.

God's Gift to God

Status

Wouldn't an obvious btb perk be advertising said btb threads if they're vip? Shoutbox sticky, stickied in the actual section or something of the sort

ily

Heel Champion

Status

BTB is a niche place on the forum so Stickying on the SB would probably not be for the other VIP members who access the SB.

God's Gift to God

Status

I mean it would encourage people who might not otherwise check out the section to look. Increased traffic is never a bad thing. Not suggesting a giant sticky in the sb that is there forever. But maybe for a day or something. Put something on the sidebar. Sticky in the btb section sounds legit. And dd said something waaaaay back about a main page for wc. Maybe that's something nash and Ed might wanna look back into and if so, that would be the perfect place to put some btb advertising.

ily

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Yeah you could have the BTBOTM stickied for like 2 days or something.

Thread Information