Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP Membership Announcement

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

VIP Membership Announcement

So it's been almost 2 months since Nash and I officially took charge of WC and most of that has been spent planning for the future backstage and teaching Nash how things work on the staff side of things (what buttons not to press if you want the site to remain online). So far there's been very little that's effected the public side of the forum and the member base. One thing that's been discussed heavily has been VIP membership, what we want to keep from DD's structure, what we want to change etc

VIP Membership is our only source of income on the site, therefore it's important that this is utilised to it's fullest potential to help fund the forum for years to come. As of today WC has 153 Platinum members (Silver names only), but only 71 members out of that 153 actually pay for their VIP subscriptions. Now WC has been going for over 10 years, there's been different incarnations of the site, different mergers with other boards, a bevy of staff hiring and firing and the odd promotional period here or there where subscriptions were given out as incentives to stick around or reward good posting. Long story short, the VIP membership history is a complex one to follow and at times the eye was taken off the ball with regards to who was actually paying for their VIP. The 82 that don't pay for their subscriptions is a rather inflated number because it's including those members from yesteryear that left these shores long ago, but a good 40 members are still fairly regular and have posted on the site in 2015. It goes without saying, if a decent percentage of those members start paying for their VIP membership again then that would make a significant difference to covering our server costs.

Nash and I have decided to revoke the free VIP memberships on the forum; on May 31st members who do not currently pay for their VIP subscription will have their usergroup changed to a regular member and therefore will lose their extra privileges on the site. It would be unfair to ask people to pay for platinum memberships when there's a group of current VIP'ers that don't pay for there's so we're looking to address the balance on that score. I know this won't be a popular decision for the members this directly affects, but I'd like to think other members of the forum would be happy that a fairer system is being put in place.

Now this isn't a name or shame thread, so I won't be posting publicly who will be having their VIP membership revoked. If you are unsure of whether or not this will affect your VIP membership, please contact one of the admins and we'll be happy to look into your records.

A heads up, this won't be the only change to VIP membership in the next month; we really need to switch the main currency on this site from Dollars to Pounds given both owners are English. Paypal take a bigger cut of any transactions when money is converted from one currency into another, so it would be nice to reduce these fees especially for when someone from the UK wants to take out a subscription with us. This makes it as good a time as ever to re-evaluate the pricing brackets, and maybe add some more benefits to VIP membership. Nash will be posting a new 'Go VIP' thread soon with more details to replace DD's one from 2009 which is very outdated.

Thanks for your time,

The Admin team.

WAKE UP

Status

Re: VIP Membership Announcement

this probably applies to me. send he payment details and i'm sure i can send you guys some dollar to help out.

I FIXED THEM NOW SUCK ME

Status

HOFers will continue to get their free VIP as standard. Being an Active Staff Member or in the HOF will remain the only way to get a free VIP account, as an incentive to contribute more and strive for HOF. Makes the Mikk snubs just that bit worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Truthfully Duke I probably did a boner at times. I took School after I was held back in the 3rd Grade seriously maybe too seriously at times. I wished I would of enjoyed it a bit more. I think my path is still being made to be honest.

Fantrax Premiership \ Fantrax Division 1

WC Fantrax Premiership

2014 - 20/12/5 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2015 - 21/14/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall
    2016 - 21/14/1 - 1st in Regular Season, 2nd Overall
    2017 - 20/15/1 - 3rd in Regular Season, Tied 3rd Overall

WAKE UP

Status

can i pay to make sure Mikk doesnt get VIP?

When the black man talkin

Status

Sounds fair enough. Times are hard and bills to be paid and all that.

Status

I don't mind contributing a bit, even though my HOF status says I don't need to.

When the black man talkin

Status

I will be paying. I don't think I've ever posted in the VIP section, but this site has been the best online community I've ever been part of, and it deserves to keep going strong.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    So far there's been very little that's effected the public side of the forum and the member base.
    My name disagrees I pay for VIP either way though

Dak Lives Matter!

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I will be paying. I don't think I've ever posted in the VIP section, but this site has been the best online community I've ever been part of, and it deserves to keep going strong.
    Agreed. Best on-line community ever! I already pay for my Membership, and will continue to do so.
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Stud Muffin

Status

What a sucker I was.

God's Gift to God

Status

GREEDY FUCKING EUROS

THIS IS AMERICA GODDAMN IT

It's time to launch the ss and Cox podcast and make it vip exclusive. It's best for business u guys k

ily

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I gotta say I've been guilty of members buying me VIP the past in more than one occasion without me knowing of course. I'm not shocked at the news on this, I'm actually more shocked this didn't happen sooner. Which is why I purchased my VIP up 2018, so I don't have to worry about this for a few years. Maybe if you guys plan to give VIP more things, why not to the basic members here as well? I mean yeah we can upload our own custom Avatars, why not for Basic members who are not a VIP? Maybe make a smaller limit for their size, I think their deserve it as well. Plenty of non VIP members here who are active and would love to do this. Could also make it a post count limit to where maybe you get that ability, 1,000 post or something.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    I gotta say I've been guilty of members buying me VIP the past in more than one occasion without me knowing of course. I'm not shocked at the news on this, I'm actually more shocked this didn't happen sooner. Which is why I purchased my VIP up 2018, so I don't have to worry about this for a few years. Maybe if you guys plan to give VIP more things, why not to the basic members here as well? I mean yeah we can upload our own custom Avatars, why not for Basic members who are not a VIP? Maybe make a smaller limit for their size, I think their deserve it as well. Plenty of non VIP members here who are active and would love to do this. Could also make it a post count limit to where maybe you get that ability, 1,000 post or something.
    How would giving non-VIP'ers more thing encourage them to get VIP?

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    How would giving non-VIP'ers more thing encourage them to get VIP?
    HoHo firin' out the logic!

Pain does not lie

Status

I don't see the problem of letting non-VIP members being able to upload Avatars 140x140 Max that's just me. I abuse that ability here multiple times in a year. Just trying to help out the help out all the Plumbers Son's of the world.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    I don't see the problem of letting non-VIP members being able to upload Avatars 140x140 Max that's just me. I abuse that ability here multiple times in a year. Just trying to help out the help out all the Plumbers Son's of the world.
    HoHo, while we certainly don't want to short change our regular members, in order to give free members some nice perks, we have to make the perks even more special for VIP members to make it worth it for them. Regardless of the size limits, allowing regular members to have custom avatars takes away that addition to VIP'ers. After all, it's not as if any VIP members have gigantic avatars. Who would pay to get VIP so that they could upload a 150x150 avatar instead of just 140x140? Besides, the whole reason why we removed custom avatars for regular members was to remove some of the stress on the server.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    HoHo, while we certainly don't want to short change our regular members, in order to give free members some nice perks, we have to make the perks even more special for VIP members to make it worth it for them. Regardless of the size limits, allowing regular members to have custom avatars takes away that addition to VIP'ers. After all, it's not as if any VIP members have gigantic avatars. Who would pay to get VIP so that they could upload a 150x150 avatar instead of just 140x140? Besides, the whole reason why we removed custom avatars for regular members was to remove some of the stress on the server.
    Understandable, I didn't not know that. That changes things real quick lol

Real Women of Genius

The Rightful Mod

Status

I don't even have a VIP membership.

GELLING IS GOD

Status

It's completely fair on your part guys and I don't mind forking over some cash to help out.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    What a sucker I was.
    Yeah, asshole. You gave me this as a gift, now you fuckers want it back.

I'm taking back that vibrator I gave you for Christmas 8 years ago.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

Thread Information